Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #140

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m just flabbergasted by this bulletin released today.
…It’s not a stretch in any way to surmise from information we’ve seen that KAK’s internet profile found it’s way to Libby’s SM accounts.
…I don’t think it’s a stretch to think that that was one reason LE raided KAK’s house two weeks after the murder.
…I think even Barney Fife would have thought KAK was hiding something with all the deleted files and info.
But…instead of investigating hard, LE lets the case “ebb and flow”, this case that might be connected to the brutal murder of two children.
…Then LE last year finally decides to present the case to someone with a brain who says “arrest the guy!”.
…Then over a year later someone thinks “hey, maybe the public can help with this!”.
This is not dropping the ball, this is possibly torpedoing the investigation. Heads should be rolling, people should be losing their jobs over this! Local, county, state, maybe even FBI. This is shameful, and to think at one point LE was mocking people following the case on social media, saying they had it all wrong.
LE owes the families and the public a huge apology.

How the hell do they fail to or neglect to bother to present the case to prosecution, and let the guy be free for literally years??

…It’s not a stretch in any way to surmise from information we’ve seen that KAK’s internet profile found it’s way to Libby’s SM accounts.
…I don’t think it’s a stretch to think that that was one reason LE raided KAK’s house two weeks after the murder.
…I think even Barney Fife would have thought KAK was hiding something with all the deleted files and info.
But…instead of investigating hard, LE lets the case “ebb and flow”, this case that might be connected to the brutal murder of two children.
…Then LE last year finally decides to present the case to someone with a brain who says “arrest the guy!”.
…Then over a year later someone thinks “hey, maybe the public can help with this!”.
This is not dropping the ball, this is possibly torpedoing the investigation. Heads should be rolling, people should be losing their jobs over this! Local, county, state, maybe even FBI. This is shameful, and to think at one point LE was mocking people following the case on social media, saying they had it all wrong.

How the hell do they fail to or neglect to bother to present the case to prosecution, and let the guy be free for literally years??

Jmo I was never one for a two person perp scenerio let alone a dad and son but I am rethinking that. js .....also I hope they allow fresh eyes on the investigation, someone who is outside of their usual pool of people. If anything screams fresh eyes it's today's updated response by LE. I believe there is and has been an element of ego and a general hush of mistakes made. If they could get over themselves then who knows. I respect LE and FBI but as a person with knowledge ego is an enemy to any case.

Last edited:

100000% this! Did they just forget or something? Think his disgusting behavior was "not THAT bad?" Ugh...i am so disgusted by all of this. Are they still acting like he has nothing to do with Delphi but still used the delphi tip line because i dont know.....they dont have any other numbers to use?

Honestly, LE better never come out criticizing the public again. They ask for the public's help and then we end up here... I wish the families would push for new investigators (if that is possible?)

What I don't understand is in the 2020 arrest affidavit for KAK, the LEO who wrote the affidavit stated that KAK admitted to using fake social media accounts to speak to underage girls and admitted that he had "photos and videos" of underage girls on his phones. And they didn't just...arrest him? I mean normal people don't admit to being pedophiles.

Is it incompetence? Corruption? I just don't know what to make of it. I'm truly beginning to think they don't have crap. I'll gladly eat crow if proven otherwise. Sheesh.

If I understand the probable cause affidavit right, in combination what with ISP has actually said to the public in relation to this matter, I think they're being very cagey with their wording (because they have to, because they're law enforcement and they're going to be careful with what they say regarding an ongoing matter) but all they've said is that the anthony_shots account came to their attention as part of the Delphi investigation and they'd like to hear from anyone who talked to that account.

Kline was already in the news previously about this, and at the time they didn't believe he was connected to Delphi. The statement is a pretty definitive one. That was 2017, and he was arrested in 2020. This lines up with the PC affidavit, which indicates the FBI tipped ISP off to Kline's activities as a potential lead in a case which has been redacted but I'm going to go ahead and guess this would be Delphi. So they were actually looking into him as a potential lead for Delphi back in 2017, because he'd been communicating with (and soliciting sexual material from) underaged girls. How he'd come to the FBI's attention to begin with, I couldn't say, but I have some guesses. But I think that's what ISP means when they talk about how the anthony_shots account came up as part of the Delphi investigation.

I also don't think the girls were catfished and I don't think this happened as a result of anything they posted on the internet. The trip to the bridge was spur of the moment and relied on the older sister agreeing to drive so it becomes less likely it was a planned meetup. Any scenario involving their Snapchat or catfishing requires inventing a huge web of conspiracy and coordination not typically found in reality. (It's not that catfishing doesn't happen - it does - but this specific instance, producing these specific results, would just require inventing too much for catfishing to be in play.) Also (at least) one of the girls was into true crime and I sincerely doubt the person behind the anthony_shots account would have successfully talked her into meeting in the middle of the woods given the lifestyle that account pretended he had. Picture-perfect model with washboard abs and money and sports cars for days but he's meeting a 14-year-old girl in the woods in Indiana? Kline would have had no way to generate sufficient evidence to convince her he was safe to meet. Besides, Kline's MO was about getting spank material (and to a degree, it was about power, because having compromising material of a person is power if you're a , and Kline is a ). I don't think he ever intended to meet any of them.

There doesn't appear to be any coordination between Kline and any other entities involved in the murders; I'm looking at the affidavit with descriptions of his devices and the opsec he uses, and this is not a smart man. There is no dark web stuff happening here. The man used Dropbox to transmit child sexual abuse material. He used, what, Snapchat and Kik? Instagram? These are all cloud services. Whenever you hear the phrase "the cloud" in a news article, what you should really be hearing is "someone else's computer," because that's what the cloud is (though the computer is massive and redundant and is a node in an enormous data center). So Kline's place to stash the most illegal imagery it's possible for a US citizen to have was someone else's computer. He did not use any kind of VPN or onion browser, and he (or his dad) openly admitted to cops that their home wireless network was secured (meaning they admitted the only people using that wifi were the two inhabitants of the home). When he knew cops were going to be looking at his phone for the CSAM he knew was on it, he factory reset his phone and then handed it to the police. That was the level of thinking we're dealing with here. This man has a skull full of warm moist warthog poop where a brain should be. He clearly shared CSAM with somebody and I'm curious as to who that was but this isn't a secretive dark web network of people. It's an utter bonehead and at least one other utter bonehead, but doesn't seem like more than that.

To that point, another thing that makes Kline a bonehead is that he spilled just about all of the above to investigators when they came to interview him. That's actually a huge deal. I'm going to guess the investigators put some various kinds of pressure on him not documented in the summary, but he confessed outright in February of 2017, and I'm guessing he did so because they knew he was up to something and he figured it was better to confess to the solicitation of minors he'd actually done, rather than be under suspicion of the murder he hadn't. Or maybe he's just talkative. I wasn't there so I wouldn't know. Whatever the reason, he sang like a nightingale.

I don't think Kline is connected to either of the girls at all. I can't guarantee the anthony_shots account never communicated with them, but if that did happen, I don't think it was connected to the murders. When one strips out all the speculation and unconfirmed stuff and relies only on what ISP is actually saying, here is what I think happened:

1. Sometime prior to February of 2017, Kline began catfishing underage girls on social media apps in an attempt to solicit naked photos and videos of them.
2. In February of 2017, Abigail Williams and Liberty German went fot a walk together and were murdered by the man on the Monon High Bridge in Indiana.
3. As part of the investigation into the murder of two teenage girls, the FBI alerted ISP to a person in Indiana who was catfishing underaged girls, in February 2017. This was Kline, with the anthony_shots account.
4. ISP, PPD and FBI obtained a search warrant for Kline's home, and on the same day interviewed him and his father.
5. In the course of that interview, Kline and his father proceeded to barf up an absolute mountain of evidence. During the seven hours Kline spoke to investigators, he confessed to soliciting, possessing, and distributing CSAM. He confessed how he did it, and about how many he did it to, and the services he used to do so. He confessed about how many files he possessed, he confessed the age ranges of the girls, and he confessed to the content of the media. He expressly and explicitly stated that he knew the girls were underage and that this did not dissuade him.
6. Kline was then returned to his residence. Investigators determined he was not connected to Delphi.
7. The Delphi investigation continued.
8. Despite having confessed everything listed in point number five on February 25th, 2017, Kline was not arrested for any of the crimes he had confessed to until August of 2020. I don't know why. I'm guessing it had something to do with gathering of evidence but I really don't know. The kind of forensics we're talking about don't take three years. We have a list of the devices investigated. This really should not have taken that long.
9. Time passed, from August 2020 to now.
10. ISP appears to make a plea for the public to turn in any tips they have about the anthony_shots account. They mention the Delphi investigation at the beginning, stating (accurately but misleadingly) that this account came to their attention as part of the Delphi case.
11. Today, ISP puts out another statement, cryptically being a little defensive and explaining that action was taken on the case as soon as ISP presented it to the Miami County Prosecutor: "We understand there was a period of time that passed between 2017 and 2020 when Kline was not arrested and incarcerated for Possession of Child *advertiser censored*. Once the Indiana State Police presented the criminal case to the Miami County Prosecutor in June of 2020, immediate action was taken by both the Indiana State Police and the Miami County Prosecutor’s Office, which ultimately resulted in Kline’s arrest." The penultimate paragraph reads like the kind of statements given by PR firms when a company screws something up. I think what we're looking at here is ISP trying to course-correct after mishandling Kline's case by letting too much time elapse. They also refer to it as one of dozens of secondary investigations that have come up while investigating Delphi, which also lines up with what we know from the PC affidavit and the above article from 2017, and also means there's no guarantee this is actually connected to Delphi.

Basically, at some point there was someone who dropped the ball enough that they had a guy confess in incredible detail to solicitation, possession, and distribution of child *advertiser censored* yet they still didn't even charge him for three and a half years, and now I think some heads either did roll or are currently rolling, and I think ISP is in damage control mode trying to shore up the case with more accounts from people who interacted with anthony_shots. I don't think anthony_shots, or Kline, are connected to the Delphi murders at all. I may be wrong about that.

You know, I've been very supportive of LE over all this. I've said I *know* they can't tell us much about the investigation, I've said they can't explain certain things, the new office space, who/what is investigating whom/what/why; they can't tell us what evidence they have or what was odd about the crime scene, they can't tell us why the FBI was involved so very quickly ... I've been a supporter of LE's efforts, right? And I don't expect LE or anybody else to be absolutely perfect about anything like this.

BUT: the sentence at the end of the linked statement is "We know there is enormous interest in the “WHY” of everything we do, but we cannot and will not speculate. One day you will have the opportunity to see and know what we do, and we look forward to that day." And no offense intended, lawn forcement, honestly, but to ME, IMO MOO JMHO and my wife says I'm a well-known jerk, that sentence "we look forward to that day" sounds to me a whole lot like "your call is very important to us" and "we have a new automated phone help system in order to serve you better" and "I will be very pleased to help you resolve this."

I say: "Oh, you DO welcome the day you will explain all the oddities about this investigation? In that case, I WILL take the extended warranty and pay extra for the undercoating." :-(

I guess LE are still clueless, my reading of the press release is their is no tie between Kline and the murders, oh and we don 't know why it took us from February 2017 to August 2020 to charge him, but nobody has done anything wrong but if they have done something wrong then it wasn't with intent

Is it incompetence? Corruption? I just don't know what to make of it. I'm truly beginning to think they don't have crap. I'll gladly eat crow if proven otherwise. Sheesh.
It is politics. Every single person working for ISP is a political appointee. That is a simple to understand fact. Competency is a secondary factor in any appointment. Also, I think it is all we can say about politics, given the rules.

I still to this day worry that BG has something to do with Law enforcement, it's not beyond the realms of possibility. Whoever he is he'll be delighted with the last 5 years and the subsequent "coughs" investigation...... JMOO

RSBBM

Samsung Galaxy SS
This iPhone was named “Kline Photography” and was factory reset on approximately February 23, 201 7. Kegan would’ve been 22 years 01d at this time. This device was not secured With a password 0f PIN code. There were numerous usernames and email addresses located 0n the phone including;
There were some chat messages recovered from this device from MeetMe, Facebook Messenger and Snapchat. Conversations that took place between February 23, 2017 and February 25, 201 7 discussed meeting people in Las Vegas and prostitution.

—-
A take away from this is that the device was reset on the 23rd. This was before the search on the 25th. After the reset, the device was used to discuss Vegas, etc. What I find interesting about this one is the 2/23 initial reset. Additionally, this device seems to be the only one not secured with a password, pin code, etc. if I recall correctly.
BEFORE the reset, he may have had it pw protected and took that off as an 'alibi' of sorts that "anyone" had access to his phone.

What I don't understand is in the 2020 arrest affidavit for KAK, the LEO who wrote the affidavit stated that KAK admitted to using fake social media accounts to speak to underage girls and admitted that he had "photos and videos" of underage girls on his phones. And they didn't just...arrest him? I mean normal people don't admit to being pedophiles.

They've been sitting on him for a year, hoping he would give up BG? That he's facing these charges and hasn't given up BG - what does that say?? IMO, he faces worse than these charges if he gives up what he knows.

I still to this day worry that BG has something to do with Law enforcement, it's not beyond the realms of possibility. Whoever he is he'll be delighted with the last 5 years and the subsequent "coughs" investigation...... JMOO

I find comments like this to be distasteful. You don't have to explain that a murderer who is getting away with murders 'is delighted' about it, that's always going to be the case and it does nothing but insult the efforts of countless honest LE people who have worked to catch them. You can express frustration for the way a case is handled by a law enforcement agency or official without trying to speak for how happy an evil murderer must be about the investigative issues or possible missteps you're concerned about.

Okay, so LE is calling this KK child *advertiser censored* investigation a "secondary" investigation. Does that mean it was brought to ISP's attention through the Delphi investigation, but is not related to the murders at all? Maybe when LE announced to the media back in 2017 that the residents of Canal St. were in no way connected to the girls' deaths, they knew that for fact. This is kind of what happened to RL.

But then we have KK factory resetting his Galaxy S5 phone on Feb. 23, 2017, deleting and uninstalling everything he could from his iPhone 5 2/25-2/27, and making statements that sounded like clear admission with preparation to flee. Was his case already being investigated by the FBI and only investigated by the Delphi investigators because KK was committing crimes against females around the same age and using the same known SM platforms as the girls, kind of like the local RSO? Maybe KK knew he was being looked at for his child *advertiser censored* crimes and it had nothing to do with Delphi. Maybe the polygraph questions regarding the redacted case number isn't Delphi, as it seems to read.

But there's another scenario I've been batting around and am hesitant to share. What if KK does not have a link to the girls other than some images on his phone? He has some pretty disturbing possession of child *advertiser censored* and exploitation with aggravating factors charges linked to 2/17/17, only a few days after the murders. It could be coincidental and unrelated to L or A. But if he did received images of L and/or A from another person, perhaps BG, then KK's 2/17/17 charges might make sense, especially considering the ISP ask about anthony_shots last week, which seems to connect him in some form. IDK.

I feel like I don't know anything about anything at this point...

It’s almost as if since he wouldn’t admit to the Delphi murders, then all of his other online pedophilic criminal activity became insignificant. Those poor victims, a long time for them to be waiting for him to go to trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallon