Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #140

Status
Not open for further replies.
They've been sitting on him for a year, hoping he would give up BG? That he's facing these charges and hasn't given up BG - what does that say?? IMO, he faces worse than these charges if he gives up what he knows.

I think it's more likely that we may find out that the person who interviewed KAK in 2017 never sent the file over to the FBI or the prosecutor's office to file charges. Maybe they did not "intentionally" not send the case over (per today's press release) but it seems to me like someone made a mistake.

In my region, local police love undercover online predator stings. Small police departments in low-crime areas spend a lot of time pretending to be 14 year old girls online. These stings quickly lead to arrest and then referral to the FBI's Boston office for CSAM prosecution.

Recently a colleague of mine handled a case for a married business person. In some type of fraud investigation they found (adult) *advertiser censored* on his computer. A detective came to his house and quizzed him about what type of *advertiser censored* he looked at and tried to get him to say incriminating things. The client was adamant that he just occasionally looked at adult material but was traumatized that he had LE showing up at his door over this - this lead to a big discussion among the criminal defense bar about what defense attorneys should do in these types of cases (where your client insists they have never done anything illegal).

So when I say that LE and the FBI takes these cases seriously, that's what I mean. They are easy to prove (it is illegal to view or download CSAM and intent doesn't matter), the defendants are unsympathetic, the victims are incredibly sympathetic, and it's a way for LE people to feel good about what they're doing every day. In my experience, when LE sees a computer with CSAM, they quickly file charges. There are always errors and omissions in any agency (like someone pointed out in the Nassar investigation) but in day to day investigating and prosecuting crimes, these are popular cases.

It’s almost as if since he wouldn’t admit to the Delphi murders, then all of his other online pedophilic criminal activity became insignificant. Those poor victims, a long time for them to be waiting for him to go to trial.
Also if I read correctly there were videos of sex with THREE year olds. Isn't it possible, maybe likely, they let him out to live his life under watch to solve the murders and if there is a major ring/conspiracy to get information on it? And that if they laid charges at that he would just be where he is now where hopefully pedo *advertiser censored* videos are difficult to access? And they figured he would not be able to make bail? It is not impossible we have been manipulated by LE so they can solve something terrible and obviously these murders alone are terrible.

Also if I read correctly there were videos of sex with THREE year olds. Isn't it possible, maybe likely, they let him out to live his life under watch to solve the murders and if there is a major ring/conspiracy to get information on it? And that if they laid charges at that he would just be where he is now where hopefully pedo *advertiser censored* videos are difficult to access? And they figured he would not be able to make bail? It is not impossible we have been manipulated by LE so they can solve something terrible and obviously these murders alone are terrible.

This is what I thought was going to be the case but today's press release changed my mind. I would have expected federal charges if there was a connection to some ring.

The device associated with the images depicting 3 -11 year olds was the Apple iPhone 4, last used Nov. 2016. The two newer phones, the Samsung Galaxy S5 and iPhone 5, were in various ways wiped clean between Feb. 23-27, 2017. I would like to know what triggered that action, especially considering all KK's charges from 2/17/17 on. Those charges had to stem from something LE retrieved off one of the only two devices used in 2017, the S5 and iPhone 5. Jmo.

Didn't MP say they were given a heads up before last week's ISP anthony_shots ask? If there was absolutely NO connection to the murders, why would LE have offered that heads up?

I still believe there’s some connection between Delphi and KAK. It was presented that way initially and still apparently remains that way.
After today’s bulletin however it’s not clear at all whether LE has a path they’re following or there’re just trying to make up lost time on a lead that might be almost five old now.
It’s a hope crusher.

The families of the girls have exhibited remarkable patience.

I would have become frustrated with LE long before this.

I would be tearing my hair out after today’s announcement.

I am nearly always exceedingly pro LE but after this announcement I am beyond frustrated. If I were family of the girls I would be demanding answers and accountability. MOO

How the hell do they fail to or neglect to bother to present the case to prosecution, and let the guy be free for literally years??
Why was he free after evidence of child *advertiser censored* charges including adults having sex with children as young as three years old??

There is no emoji to adequately express my disgust and disbelief.

I think it's more likely that we may find out that the person who interviewed KAK in 2017 never sent the file over to the FBI or the prosecutor's office to file charges. Maybe they did not "intentionally" not send the case over (per today's press release) but it seems to me like someone made a mistake.

In my region, local police love undercover online predator stings. Small police departments in low-crime areas spend a lot of time pretending to be 14 year old girls online. These stings quickly lead to arrest and then referral to the FBI's Boston office for CSAM prosecution.

Recently a colleague of mine handled a case for a married business person. In some type of fraud investigation they found (adult) *advertiser censored* on his computer. A detective came to his house and quizzed him about what type of *advertiser censored* he looked at and tried to get him to say incriminating things. The client was adamant that he just occasionally looked at adult material but was traumatized that he had LE showing up at his door over this - this lead to a big discussion among the criminal defense bar about what defense attorneys should do in these types of cases (where your client insists they have never done anything illegal).

So when I say that LE and the FBI takes these cases seriously, that's what I mean. They are easy to prove (it is illegal to view or download CSAM and intent doesn't matter), the defendants are unsympathetic, the victims are incredibly sympathetic, and it's a way for LE people to feel good about what they're doing every day. In my experience, when LE sees a computer with CSAM, they quickly file charges. There are always errors and omissions in any agency (like someone pointed out in the Nassar investigation) but in day to day investigating and prosecuting crimes, these are popular cases.

Since these KAK child *advertiser censored* charges seemed somehow connected to a high profile, at the time very recent, murder of two young girls, wouldn’t more than one person be interested in keeping track of it? It seems like with so many people invested at that time in the Delphi case that multiple eyes would be following multiple leads.
It almost sounds like the Delphi case brought them to KK’s doorstep, they questioned him about Delphi, and when he denied being involved they just took his word for it and to me that would have had to have been way more than one person saying “well, never mind then. Forget this guy” and no one ever investigated this lead again until recently. Then after that astonishing incompetence, some guy forgot to turn the file over to the prosecutor for the child *advertiser censored* charges.

Why was he free after evidence of child *advertiser censored* charges including adults having sex with children as young as three years old??

There is no emoji to adequately express my disgust and disbelief.
From the iPhone 4 alone, which I believe the 5/14/16-5/17/16 charges stem from, we have child *advertiser censored*, exploitation, solicitation, fake teen girl "emily***" username used, depictions of 3-11 year olds with adults, and so on. There's no mention of anything having been deleted here. That one device should have provided enough to land him in jail before 2020.

It’s almost as if since he wouldn’t admit to the Delphi murders, then all of his other online pedophilic criminal activity became insignificant. Those poor victims, a long time for them to be waiting for him to go to trial.
Absolutely; and since there probably are bigger pedophiles, and a ring, they all should.

But everyone is responsible for own crime only. So if KAK is not involved in the Delphi killings, he shoild answer only for pedophilia.

If it is a complicated situation where he, driven by own urges, befriended the girls with a fake profile and inadvertently, exposed them to the real killer, then he is responsible for exactly that - but not the killings.

Unless he is BG, but we have no information confirming it.

According to KAKs list of 30 charges, after he was busted in 2017 it looks like he might’ve laid low for a time but he was back at it by 2020. Whatever this was about might’ve been what caused someone to finally notice the apparently neglected fat *advertiser censored* file already compiled.

Indiana Supreme Court public access case search - MyCase
05/14/2020 35-42-4-4(b)(2)/F5: Child Exploitation-Disseminate, exhibit, or offer to do so; send or bring into

The families seemed more hopeful about this compared to other updates recently..maybe they're privy to a little more info?

KAK has a hearing/court date this week, doesn't he? I'd have to look again but I thought so.

Yes he does but we already know none of these charges are related to this Delpi case.

12/13/2021
Motion Filed
Motion to Lift Pretrial Conference and Schedule for Pretrial Conference, Final Pretrial Conference and Jury Trial
Filed By:
Kline, Kegan A.
File Stamp:
12/13/2021

12/16/2021
Pretrial Conference
Session:
12/16/2021 8:15 AM, Judicial Officer: Spahr, Timothy P.

KAK was formally charged on 8/19/2020, with charges dating between 5/2016 and 5/2020. The worst (F4) charges were all dated 2/17/2017.

One year and four months later, ISP puts out an anthony_shots ask, only 10 days before KK's scheduled pretrial conference. LE had to know the media would be all over KK when he's linked directly to anthony_shots via the affidavit. Is 10 days really a justifiable amount of time to gather evidence for the pretrial conference?

I don't think so. They could have done this ask over a year ago. LE gave L and A's families a heads up before the ask, the ask was done at 9-something pm, and they gave a couple days advanced notice about today's release.

There are just too many coincidences here for me to totally buy that KK and/or anthony_shots has nothing to do with L and A. I don't think KK is BG, though. But I'm hopeful the trail to BG runs right through KK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni