Identified! AR - El Dorado, Whitehall Motel, WhtFem 18-21, 81UFAR, Jul'91 - #3 - Kelly from VA

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure it's unnerving and shocking for a child to find out about their paternity by accident their father isn't their father

Just curious. Do the subsequent bfs know they're not the father and are in agreement with not telling the child? My concern is with the mother not being upfront with the subsequent bf about it, too.
ive seen both tbh

Welcome to websleuths. It’s believed Mary Leah was a victim of a serial killer. She’s also considerably shorter than EDJD. Is there something that makes you feel the cases are connected?
Especially given we know some of the ancestral line of EDJD, I’m not sure how the Rodermund family would fit in.

Welcome to websleuths. It’s believed Mary Leah was a victim of a serial killer. She’s also considerably shorter than EDJD. Is there something that makes you feel the cases are connected?
Especially given we know some of the ancestral line of EDJD, I’m not sure how the Rodermund family would fit in.

She just turned 16 and people grow. There’s also margin for error more often than not with height. They have the same lateral inscisor tooth on top left, they have the same eyebrows, facial profile. She went missing from Louisiana and EJD had a Louisiana connection. What if serial killer used her and then sold her to a pimp later on? Her body never was found and there’s no actual evidence that Mary was taken from that serial killer. Maybe we should be expanding Mary’s search instead of staying focused on said killer. Also James mcalphin said EJD was taken from a Shopping mall and was forced into the sex trade against her will at a young age (15 or 16).

Welcome to Websleuths, Holly, and thanks for caring about El Dorado Jane Doe. I'm really looking forward to the day she is identified, too.

I don't want to discourage you but Charlotte Loomis (5'2 at age 14) and Mary Rodermund (5'4 at age 16) are both too short to be EDJD, who was 5'10 or 5'11 (which is roughly the average height of an adult man, noticeably tall for a woman).

Keep in mind that women reach their adult height around 15-16. It's rare to keep growing after that, especially not a huge growth spurt of 6 inches+. And since her body was found within hours of her murder, we can assume her height is a reliable measurement, unlike decomposed or skeletal remains where they have to estimate the height based on the length of bones.

EDJD is one of the most famous Jane Doe cases in the USA, so pretty much every likely candidate listed in missing person databases has been suggested by now. Might I suggest you put your search efforts toward a lesser-known case? There are so many John and Jane Does that deserve more attention. Here's the NamUs unidentified remains search link: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) - you can narrow it down to cases from a particular time period, age group, location, or whatever interests you. For example, if you search for only women found in 1991 with the age estimate set to 18-30, there are 50 results!

My suspicion is that EDJD is not on any missing persons list and that she had a pretty bad family life that lead her down the path she took. It's just a guess, and there are always exceptions.
Or she was reported missing & it's laying in some dusty storage locker in a state that's not required to add their missing & unidentified person's to NamUs.
I think that people who knew her true identity, would most likely recognize a photo reconstruction that looks like the postmortem. Reddish brown hair, covered in freckles, long lashes & blue eyes.

I thought that if someone were to recognize her, it might be from one of her photos where she didn't look so glamorous. Those might be the photos where she looked more like the way people might remember her when she was a young teen or something. This has to be one of the craziest Doe cases ever. I can't think of any one where they can find many people who knew someone in life AND have so many pictures of her AND even possibly know who one of her biological parents is but still not know the identity. They will find out who she is one day, that's for sure. So many cases are being solved recently. I wish Ancestry and others would open their databases for Doe cases, if nothing else.

Welcome to Websleuths, Holly, and thanks for caring about El Dorado Jane Doe. I'm really looking forward to the day she is identified, too.

I don't want to discourage you but Charlotte Loomis (5'2 at age 14) and Mary Rodermund (5'4 at age 16) are both too short to be EDJD, who was 5'10 or 5'11 (which is roughly the average height of an adult man, noticeably tall for a woman).

Keep in mind that women reach their adult height around 15-16. It's rare to keep growing after that, especially not a huge growth spurt of 6 inches+. And since her body was found within hours of her murder, we can assume her height is a reliable measurement, unlike decomposed or skeletal remains where they have to estimate the height based on the length of bones.

EDJD is one of the most famous Jane Doe cases in the USA, so pretty much every likely candidate listed in missing person databases has been suggested by now. Might I suggest you put your search efforts toward a lesser-known case? There are so many John and Jane Does that deserve more attention. Here's the NamUs unidentified remains search link: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) - you can narrow it down to cases from a particular time period, age group, location, or whatever interests you. For example, if you search for only women found in 1991 with the age estimate set to 18-30, there are 50 results!

You're right the data bases have been combed through who knows how many times regarding this case but what way do we have of knowing if the person we're all looking for will end up there in the future or has been recently added?
I'm always on the lookout for that.
I also think it's possible that LE has already identified her and is, for whatever reason, holding back on releasing it to the public just yet. JMO.

Or she was reported missing & it's laying in some dusty storage locker in a state that's not required to add their missing & unidentified person's to NamUs.
I think that people who knew her true identity, would most likely recognize a photo reconstruction that looks like the postmortem. Reddish brown hair, covered in freckles, long lashes & blue eyes.

I thought that if someone were to recognize her, it might be from one of her photos where she didn't look so glamorous. Those might be the photos where she looked more like the way people might remember her when she was a young teen or something. This has to be one of the craziest Doe cases ever. I can't think of any one where they can find many people who knew someone in life AND have so many pictures of her AND even possibly know who one of her biological parents is but still not know the identity. They will find out who she is one day, that's for sure. So many cases are being solved recently. I wish Ancestry and others would open their databases for Doe cases, if nothing else.

I agree. I've always thought this case would benefit from a picture or artist rendering of EDJD in a more natural state.
Although I also feel like there are plenty of people out there that would recognize her just the way we've become accustomed to seeing her.
One thing I agree with McAlphin about is she was very good at doing her hair and make up. Most all of her pictures attest to this. She wasn't an amateur in my opinion and had been doing it for years. It would just take the right person to see the right picture. Of course DNA and genealogy is probably what it's going to take.

Last edited:
Ooh! I thought these were the paternal grandparents. If not I think that the B's seem even more likely. Doesn't explain the DNA though. I have a degree in bioinformatics so deffo not denying the DNA

It's one of my favorite lines to research. All we can do is take what they give us and try to do something with it. There's a lot there, a lot of possibilities.
Another one I've been looking at is very similiar. An ex wife marries into a family from Minnesota that ends up in Florida. They can also be connected to the Wick family, although I haven't been able to make a connection to the one I'd like. Oh well, we'll do what we can I suppose.

It's one of my favorite lines to research. All we can do is take what they give us and try to do something with it. There's a lot there, a lot of possibilities.
Another one I've been looking at is very similiar. An ex wife marries into a family from Minnesota that ends up in Florida. They can also be connected to the Wick family, although I haven't been able to make a connection to the one I'd like. Oh well, we'll do what we can I suppose.
I really think it must be the B family... Could the grandson who took the test be adopted or something? Or trying to hide something and the DNA maybe wasn't his? Don't like making accusations like that but I really just couldn't accept that she is not related to that family tbh she looks like all of them, especially the one who would be her grandad MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VT_Squire