TX TX - Lina Sardar Khil, 3, last seen on playground @ apartment complex, San Antonio, 20 Dec 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my experience playgrounds at apartment complexes are usually rather small and just the basics. If there were other adults and children present who in the world felt comfortable enough to just walk up and grab a child??? How did the person not know one of the other adults present weren't the mother or father? Unless they already knew. And how were the other parents not alarmed when some "stranger?" walked up into the playground and took a child with them??? WERE THERE ANY PARENTS WATCHING THEIR BABIES THAT DAY?????

He was probably speaking with her and then said something like "Would you like some candy?" or "Would you like to see my puppy?" etc

He probably lives there himself.

Many of the residents are new immigrants from South Asia and this little girl is a new refugee from Afghanistan. They usually put refugees in apartment complexes with other refugee families.

Lina looks so adorable in the traditional dress and head covering reading what looks to be a book in Arabic. Arabic is read right to left, opposite of English. I am so sad if her parents came here for this to happen here. She looks well loved. If she was moved on foot, you would think a tracking dog would find her. I hope that they use different dogs.

This may sound crazy but maybe the person who took her was at the park while mom, Lina and other children and parents were there. So mom leaves and others don't think anything because a stranger didn't walk in and take her but was already there. They could have thought they were all together. With the language barrier there may not be much dialog between mom and others. Just a thought.

Maybe she started going back to the apartment by herself, or went off exploring. Maybe he took her when the adults were facing the other way, or when they were distracted and dealing with one of their own children. Maybe the other adults and children left because it was getting dark.

If it happened in plain sight in a “oh I’ve to take her back home to her mother” scenario, or they’d probably have a description out.

Maybe she started going back to the apartment by herself, or went off exploring. Maybe he took her when the adults were facing the other way, or when they were distracted and dealing with one of their own children. Maybe the other adults and children left because it was getting dark.

If it happened in plain sight in a “oh I’ve to take her back home to her mother” scenario, or they’d probably have a description out.
Chief said they have identified most of the people at the playground, but not all yet.
SAPD provides update on missing girl, 3, on Northwest Side

Chief said they have identified most of the people at the playground, but not all yet.
SAPD provides update on missing girl, 3, on Northwest Side

Hiya Knox! Hope you’re well.

And yes I saw that. Probably significant, unfortunately. If they don’t live there, I think they’re close by and familiar with the complex.

I don’t expect a good outcome from this at all, sadly, but there’s been some surprising good news stories of late so I’m not giving up hope completely.

They misquoted that! his exact words from the presser earlier today was.

"There were other folks in the playground with their children and we're trying to identify all of them. And so far we've identified most of them but there still remains some folks to be identified."

Ahhhh...well that changes things doesn't it. Thanks for the clarification

Yes, I wish people would stop twisting things.

Is this new info?

"Khil said Lina's mother was watching her on the playground of their northwest-San Antonio complex when the little girl made her way to a nearby path and suddenly disappeared. Her mother thought she may have returned to their apartment unit, but when she didn't find her there either a search ensued."

'We have not slept at all': Father of missing 3-year-old girl at center of AMBER Alert speaks to KENS 5 | kens5.com

Oh yes, it certainly is new. Strange. Maybe we’re just getting the story in dribs and drabs rather than a complete change to the original “went back to apartment and when I returned she was gone”. And it’s all through interpreters too, which won’t help. Cos you know, interpretation.

Oh yes, it certainly is new. Strange. Maybe we’re just getting the story in dribs and drabs rather than a complete change to the original “went back to apartment and when I returned she was gone”. And it’s all through interpreters too, which won’t help. Cos you know, interpretation.

I suspect that they are probably getting a more accurate picture now that interpreters are involved. I wonder if at the beginning they weren't getting a very vague idea of what might have happened due to language barriers.

I suspect that they are probably getting a more accurate picture now that interpreters are involved. I wonder if at the beginning they weren't getting a very vague idea of what might have happened due to language barriers.

Yes, that seems very likely. They’ve perhaps found that very difficult with some of the witnesses too. Plus it’s probably quite frightening for them to have to deal with LE when you’re a refugee in a foreign country.

Oh my, I was hoping that when I got caught up to here ... there would be good news. Gosh this is so sad. Where are you Lina? I suppose it takes a long time to visit that many apartments. So many possibilities... makes me think of little Lizzy ... so hoping for a better outcome... moo

This somewhat reminds me of little Kamille “Cupcake” McKinney case in AL couple years ago. Cupcake was 3 years old and abducted from her Aunt’s apartment complex playground area after being lured with offer of candy by the perp and his accomplice girlfriend. Cupcake was outside at the playground with a group of other kids some of whom were older. There had been a birthday party that day and a bunch of kids were all playing outside at the complex playground late afternoon/early evening. When she was first noticed/reported missing, LE was going from apartment to apartment to talk with residents of the complex and iirc, it was fairly early on it was revealed that after LE was able to identify and talk with all the residents and identified all the other children who’d been outside with Cupcake at the time in question, it was a couple 11-12 year olds described seeing Cupcake getting into a dark SUV and being driven away. It was thought to have happened pretty quickly, as in, she was there one minute, gone the next. When the SUV was described in the news shortly after, a tipster called in and said description of vehicle matched one of his neighbor’s. LE followed up on the tip and lo and behold the guy was right. His tip led LE to the two monster perps. Turns out, they lived not too far away from the apartment complex playground they abducted sweet little Cupcake from. Unfortunately, by the time LE got to these two depraved individuals, Cupcake was already deceased after the 2 evil monsters drugged her up with meth and sedatives, SA’d and murdered her, after which they discarded her like trash in a dumpster. The girlfriend accomplice confessed and thankfully Cupcake was able to be recovered from the dumpster and given a proper testing place/burial, giving her family some peace/closure. Very sad, horrific WS case from late October, 2019.

Hoping and praying this case has a much better ending than little Cupcake’s. All these poor innocent little children. Please let beautiful little Lina be ok, located soon and reunited with her family.

IMHOO

Last edited:

Just to illustrate the language barrier: The Chief of Police said, "The family speaks a unique dialect of Arabic"....
The family is from Afghanistan. I don't think they speak any form of Arabic over there!

They speak Indo-Iranian languages such as Pashto in Afghanistan.
They write with Arabic script, however the languages are extremely different from Arabic!!

Just to illustrate the language barrier: The Chief of Police said, "The family speaks a unique dialect of Arabic"....
The family is from Afghanistan. I don't think they speak any form of Arabic over there!

They speak Indo-Iranian languages such as Pashto in Afghanistan.
They write with Arabic script, however the languages are extremely different from Arabic!!

Might have taken them a while to get the right interpreter in that case! Which would also explain a lot…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
5280life