NY NY - Sneha Ann Philip, 31, New York City, 10 Sep 2001

I'm torn between whether Sneha died on 9/10 or 9/11. Her condo (225 Rector Place...public info) was/is very close to the WTC. If you search for "Luc Courchesne 9/11," on YT there's a video that starts around 9 a.m. that partly shows Sneha and Ron's building during the attacks. The condo sits southwest of the WTC. If Sneha was the woman captured on the apartment lobby surveillance video, she would definitely have heard the crash of American Flight 11. But IDK how easy it would have been to enter the towers right after the first impact. Because if she's running north toward the WTC complex from her building, she would have almost instantly encountered Flight 11's debris field, which included aircraft parts, human remains, parts of the WTC, and small fires. I surmise that if Sneha was alive on 9/11, the most likely scenario is she approached the base of the North Tower and was struck and killed by a piece of the facade, office equipment, or a person who jumped.

OTOH, no one has ever come forward to verify Sneha's whereabouts after she chatted with her mother on IM on 9/10. Despite what Ron has told the press, I'd characterize their relationship as being more like roommates than lovers. It happens. I don't necessarily believe Sneha had to have been a victim of foul play although it's possible she mingled with the wrong person and her luck ran out. She could have OD or simply fallen down a staircase and died and then someone used the 9/11 attacks as cover to get rid of the body.

I do hope that wherever she is, she's identified one day.
she would've likely been able to get inside the tower or at least the WTC plaza pretty quickly after the plane hit considering how close she lived (of course, assuming the woman in the surveillance footage is her)

the IM chat with her mother ended around 4 PM on 9/10. she used the credit card to buy lingerie and bedsheets at century 21 around 6 or 7 PM, which is where the last confirmed sighting of her took place via the store's surveillance camera. we know she didn't drop off her bags at her apartment, which means she likely dropped them off at the home of someone she knew, maybe the same person she spent the night with? a lot of people assume she went out that night, but didn't she leave stuff like her wallet, cards, etc behind at the apartment? usually when you go out to a bar or restaurant, you don't want to forget your wallet. and we know she didn't use the couple's credit card again. either she did go out with someone who paid for everything, or her plan was to spend the night at someone's home. this also leads me to believe that she probably didn't have a one night stand and that she had previously met the person she was with that night. why this person never came forward? maybe they were having an affair of their own or maybe they simply don't want to get involved

i still think the brother knows more than he's said about this whole thing. the fact that he lied about her being at the WTC site on 9/11 and talking to her on the phone strikes me as odd. why would he lie about her whereabouts right off the bat? just seems like something that a person would do if they had something to hide

I cannot see how her disappearance fits in with the following days tragic event of 9/11
I expect looking at statistics there will be many more people from the same area who went missing on 10th September 2001. It was just coincidence that she lived close to the trade centre.
It would take hours trailing through photos of the chaos but I doubt she is there.
Things were not going well for her with her downward spiral of alcoholism. The most likely scenario is death my misadventure. If someone knew what happened and other factors came into play they may well have used the 9/11 chaos to find a way to carefully dispose of her body.

Perhaps Sneha's friend, whoever it was, doesn't even know she's missing. They may have just had a one-off meeting. And in the chaos and stuff of the attacks in the days and weeks that followed, it would have been easy to miss a blip of a report about a young doctor last seen on September 10. Or perhaps her friend does know and simply chose not to get involved.
Or perhaps the friend is on the list of those who died as well if we look at that scenario.
My question is where did all the shopping go and any change of clothes. If the friend perished as well they would have had them at their place of residence and possibly some of Sneh's ID.

Last edited:
I cannot see how her disappearance fits in with the following days tragic event of 9/11
I expect looking at statistics there will be many more people from the same area who went missing on 10th September 2001. It was just coincidence that she lived close to the trade centre.
It would take hours trailing through photos of the chaos but I doubt she is there.
Things were not going well for her with her downward spiral of alcoholism. The most likely scenario is death my misadventure. If someone knew what happened and other factors came into play they may well have used the 9/11 chaos to find a way to carefully dispose of her body.
BBM: not at all the most likely scenario. The court definitely saw it differently. The most likely scenario is that she died in the 9/11 attacks. I think she was in the Marriott or in one of the towers when the plane hit. Perhaps an elevator victim even.

BBM: not at all the most likely scenario. The court definitely saw it differently. The most likely scenario is that she died in the 9/11 attacks. I think she was in the Marriott or in one of the towers when the plane hit. Perhaps an elevator victim even.
She may have been staying at the Marriott or met with someone there if there was something going on in her life that her husband was unaware about. The purchases on the day she went missing using her husbands bank card were probably part of her marital relationship though. There was room for 940 registered guests Marriott World Trade Center - Wikipedia

She may have been staying at the Marriott or met with someone there if there was something going on in her life that her husband was unaware about. The purchases on the day she went missing using her husbands bank card were probably part of her marital relationship though. There was room for 940 registered guests Marriott World Trade Center - Wikipedia
Her husband was aware that she spent nights out with others.

Marriott--there were an unknown number of victims. Not many though. It was also the site where after the attacks President Bush told the crowd "I can hear you!"

the courts went back and forth on whether or not she was a 9/11 victim. Imo, her dying in the attacks is not the most likely scenario at all.

the courts went back and forth on whether or not she was a 9/11 victim. Imo, her dying in the attacks is not the most likely scenario at all.
It would probably be good if it hasn't been done already to scour through photos taken on the day and compare with one of Sneha. I don't think there is as much media attention as some other missing cases so this might be an impossible task though with the few people who are still even thinking about her apart from her own family.

It would probably be good if it hasn't been done already to scour through photos taken on the day and compare with one of Sneha. I don't think there is as much media attention as some other missing cases so this might be an impossible task with the few people who are even thinking about her apart from her own family.

That would be quite a big task, and imo probably not very fruitful considering it happened so long ago and we weren’t all glued to our phones the way we are now. I think her case did have quite a bit of media coverage, but again, it’s been 20 years.

also, I don’t think her family is looking for her. They are convinced she died in the attacks and won’t believe otherwise. Jmo

That would be quite a big task, and imo probably not very fruitful considering it happened so long ago and we weren’t all glued to our phones the way we are now. I think her case did have quite a bit of media coverage, but again, it’s been 20 years.

also, I don’t think her family is looking for her. They are convinced she died in the attacks and won’t believe otherwise. Jmo
I still find it really strange that the person she was with did not come forward even to say that they were with her the evening before and early morning of September 11, 20011. Perhaps she did lead a double life and it is kinder that things were left unsaid.

There was another story of a man who was looking for his fiancee. He contacted a local news photographer after the 10 year anniversary and the photographer (the one who took the "falling man" photo) sat with him and went through all his raw images from that day and in one of those, the man recognized his fiancee. Sadly, she was one of the jumpers. He saw her falling and recognized her from her body shape and clothes (couldn't see her face). Anyway, point is that yes it would be quite the task, but if the family wanted to, they could probably do the same.

There was another story of a man who was looking for his fiancee. He contacted a local news photographer after the 10 year anniversary and the photographer (the one who took the "falling man" photo) sat with him and went through all his raw images from that day and in one of those, the man recognized his fiancee. Sadly, she was one of the jumpers. He saw her falling and recognized her from her body shape and clothes (couldn't see her face). Anyway, point is that yes it would be quite the task, but if the family wanted to, they could probably do the same.

I think they are very content believing she died in the attacks and they don’t feel the need to look into it further. In her dads obituary they even stated that she died in the attacks, which I found super weird for his obituary. It’s like they need to make her out to be a hero because they refuse to believe that maybe her extramarital, same sex affairs had something to do with her disappearance. Jmo

My opinion regarding the court deciding Sneha is a 9/11 victim: with the available information, Sneha dying on 9/11 isn't the most likely explanation, but it is the simplest. And since her family wanted her to be a victim, and since the victims fund was already exhausted, there wasn't any point not to say she was a victim.

My opinion regarding the court deciding Sneha is a 9/11 victim: with the available information, Sneha dying on 9/11 isn't the most likely explanation, but it is the simplest. And since her family wanted her to be a victim, and since the victims fund was already exhausted, there wasn't any point not to say she was a victim.

I agree

On another forum I am on, some folks did this and did not see her.

I think they are very content believing she died in the attacks and they don’t feel the need to look into it further. In her dads obituary they even stated that she died in the attacks, which I found super weird for his obituary. It’s like they need to make her out to be a hero because they refuse to believe that maybe her extramarital, same sex affairs had something to do with her disappearance. Jmo
His obituary also acknowledged Ron as his son-in-law.

I (and others) feel too much is being made about her nightlife habits. Ron also said he stayed out some nights as well. Perhaps Sneha and Ron lived an alternative lifestyle?

His obituary also acknowledged Ron as his son-in-law.

I (and others) feel too much is being made about her nightlife habits. Ron also said he stayed out some nights as well. Perhaps Sneha and Ron lived an alternative lifestyle?

Yes, Ron and Sneha's family seemed to have remained close, even to this day. They may have lived an alternative lifestyle for sure. No judgement from me. But I don't think her family would approve/accept such a lifestyle. Her brother had said he caught his then-girlfriend and Sneha having sex, but then later denied saying that. I think in their culture, an alternative lifestyle would not be acceptable. jmo.

Yes, Ron and Sneha's family seemed to have remained close, even to this day. They may have lived an alternative lifestyle for sure. No judgement from me. But I don't think her family would approve/accept such a lifestyle. Her brother had said he caught his then-girlfriend and Sneha having sex, but then later denied saying that. I think in their culture, an alternative lifestyle would not be acceptable. jmo.

But so what? I think some are making correlations that shouldn't be correlations. She could have lived an alternative lifestyle. Or not. Her family may have approved. Or not. She may have had numerous affairs. Or not. They may have had an open marriage. Or not. She may have been conflicted about her choices. Or not. None of it argues in favor of or against her dying in the attacks, imo.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla
Back