TX TX - Lina Sardar Khil, 3, last seen on playground @ apartment complex, San Antonio, 20 Dec 2021 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

PommyMommy

#ShinelikeShanann
Reaction score
AMBER Alert issued for three-year-old girl missing from San Antonio | kens5.com

Texas Alerts on Twitter

San Antonio Police Department | Facebook

d68a2f3e-c9fd-4e6c-9cf4-6fbc24706c8e_750x422.jpg
FHGwpn4XEAQS-cj

According to an AMBER Alert issued Monday night, Lina Sardar Khil was last seen around 5 p.m. on the 9400 block of Fredericksburg Road. Authorities said she was last seen wearing a black jacket, a red dress, and black shoes. She has straight, shoulder-length hair, last seen in a ponytail.

Amber Alert: Three-year-old missing from San Antonio | WOAI (news4sanantonio.com)
Police are currently looking for an unknown suspect in connection with her abduction.

Thread #1

Last edited by a moderator:
I am now leaning towards a stranger abduction in this case although less than 1% of child abductions are committed by strangers. Whether the victim is an adult or a child, these are by far the most difficult cases to solve, particularly if the perpetrator was able to make a “clean” grab; no witnesses, no video, no evidence left at the scene.
The difficulty lies in the fact that there are no ties between victim and perpetrator and that difficulty is compounded when the abduction is a crime of opportunity as opposed to preplanned or stalking of the victim. So, without any of the usual investigative leads listed above, where does LE start? By now they have eliminated most of the usual suspects; the RSO’s, the weird uncle/neighbor, the parents, the strange guy who has been hanging around. This is incredibly hard and frustrating for LE. From what I have seen thus far, SAPD together with the FBI and numerous other agencies have pulled out all stops to find this child.
When we hear the term “vanished into thin air”, this it how seems in these cases. Only 8.57% of children abducted by strangers will make it home.

23 Alarming Child Abduction Statistics 2021

I hope I am totally wrong here. I hope LE has a strong POI and great evidence. I hope they are closing in.

Alright, I just did some more aerial "fly overs", and here's what I see.
There are several sizable patches of wooded area within walking distance of the apartment complex, notably off of Bluemel. There are plenty of search volunteers, and here's my recommendation...
(*Caveat* - I'm an amateur! LE knows what they are doing, and those instructions should be followed, and any volunteer searches need to have LE approval, as well as the approval of the property owner.)

I think you need an on your knees, shoulder to shoulder grid search in these areas:
-Wooded area in front of USAA Gate 6, between Fredericksburg and Bluemel Rd.
-Wooded area behind the Townhomes at Limestone Oaks, off Bluemel Road
-Wooded area between the multiple borders of Elm Road, Lakeview Drive, and Bluemel, to extend to where St. Francis Episcopal church parking lot ends.
*Again, you need LE and property owner approvals to do these searches*

It is incredibly easy to literally step over something and not "see" it outdoors. On the knees, shoulder to shoulder grid search is what I would do.

We have some expert/verified Trackers such as Oriah, and TrackerGD, and I defer to their expertise to validate or refute my suggestions.

Amateur opinion and speculation

13th Amber Alert? How common is that? I have never heard of that many amber alerts issued in one case. Not complaining though, I am glad that public awareness is being taken seriously in this case. I'm guessing that abduction is the only theory that's really being considered at this point, which gives me a horrible feeling now that we are 12 days into the search...

Alright, I just did some more aerial "fly overs", and here's what I see.
There are several sizable patches of wooded area within walking distance of the apartment complex, notably off of Bluemel. There are plenty of search volunteers, and here's my recommendation...
(*Caveat* - I'm an amateur! LE knows what they are doing, and those instructions should be followed, and any volunteer searches need to have LE approval, as well as the approval of the property owner.)

-Wooded area between the multiple borders of Elm Road, Lakeview Drive, and Bluemel, to extend to where St. Francis Episcopal church parking lot ends. @Oriah @TrackerGD
*Again, you need LE and property owner approvals to do these searches*

The area north of Bluemel between Elm Road and Lakeview Drive is USAA property. There is an easement on the north side of Bluemel, which is public property, but it ends at USAA fencing and gates. I have not heard of searches on USAA property. I have no idea what it would take.

Google Maps

Enable Cookies | USAA | USAA

I think the easement on Bluemel was searched because area surrounding Lina's apartment was searched at a 3 mile radius, (but SAR groups weren't on the USAA property). I don't think the easement was searched as thoroughly as described. Google maps shows alot of brush overgrowth. I would think they would need to remove brush to search the area thoroughly...MOO...

ETA image of brush in easement and USSA fence.

Attachments

• 4155 Bluemel Rd - Google Maps.png
    4155 Bluemel Rd - Google Maps.png
    821.9 KB · Views: 94
  • 4198 Bluemel Rd - Google Maps.png
    4198 Bluemel Rd - Google Maps.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 92
  • FenceinRed4156 Bluemel Rd - .jpg
    FenceinRed4156 Bluemel Rd - .jpg
    911.4 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
The area north of Bluemel between Elm Road and Lakeview Drive is USAA property. There is an easement on the north side of Bluemel, which is public property, but it ends at USAA fencing and gates. I have not heard of searches on USAA property. I have no idea what it would take.

Google Maps

I think the easement on Bluemel was searched because area surrounding Lina's apartment was searched at a 3 mile radius, (but SAR groups weren't on the USAA property). I don't think the easement was searched as thoroughly as described. Google maps shows alot of brush overgrowth. I would think they would need to remove brush to search the area thoroughly...MOO...

Thank you for this excellent info.
IMO, they need to search these areas again.
A. grid. search.

LE would have to get permission from USAA to search their property. They would likely have their security people involved as well.
I hope a second search transpires soon.

ETA: Someone mentioned this upthread, and I will reinforce. If this is foul play by the hand of a community member, the child will indeed be buried. Cultural customs are covered in this guide:
https://www.memorialplanning.com/resources/religious-funerals-guide/islamic-funeral-guide

Last edited:
Thank you for this excellent info.
IMO, they need to search these areas again.
A. grid. search.

LE would have to get permission from USAA to search their property. They would likely have their security people involved as well.
I hope a second search transpires soon.

ETA: Someone mentioned this upthread, and I will reinforce. If this is foul play by the hand of a community member, the child will indeed be buried. Cultural customs are covered in this guide:
https://www.memorialplanning.com/resources/religious-funerals-guide/islamic-funeral-guide

Thanks for the link !

From the article : "...autopsies are strongly discouraged, since they delay burial and are considered a desecration of the body."
If Lina is found deceased , will her family allow an autopsy ?
Still hoping for much better news soon !

Thanks for the link !

From the article : "...autopsies are strongly discouraged, since they delay burial and are considered a desecration of the body."
I don't think religious practices override criminal law

Thanks for the link !

IMO families with religious objections are allowed to document that fact and the medical examiner will take it into account BUT still has the full authority to override the family request under certain circumstances. One is when the death is believed by authorities to be due to homicide, one is when it is the unattended death of a child, and there many be others. JMO.

Google Maps

Dear @Friday Fan,

Thank you for all of your informative posts!

The photos you've posted from thread 1 until now are greatly appreciated!
You've given us such clear views of the surrounding area.

May Lina be found safe and soon. There is always hope.

we get ice cream vendors at play areas year round our area is pretty temperate although we have our moments. texas is prob the same. also, the vendors who own ice cream trucks that is usually their income so they sell things like candy and chips when its cooler.

"As far as video footage, the chief said Wednesday that officers have not come across anything relevant to the search. 'We would put that out immediately if we did,' [San Antonio Police Chief William McManus] said." The search for Lina Khil: What we know | kens5.com

<modsnip>

"As far as video footage, the chief said Wednesday that officers have not come across anything relevant to the search. 'We would put that out immediately if we did,' [San Antonio Police Chief William McManus] said." The search for Lina Khil: What we know | kens5.com

Last edited by a moderator:
A note:

A number of posts were removed that started with one post that did not include a link with a quote. Every post that stemmed from that initial post had to be removed also. It is very unfortunate….and it is the rule, and has been for a long time at Websleuths.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member