Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #84

Status
Not open for further replies.
A friend of mine, who is not on Websleuths, has asked me if I knew what day/time (if known) BL purchased the ticket to fly from SLC to Florida for the storage cleanout. I was unable to answer her questions and was wondering if this information was ever made public. Thank you so much in advance.
I could be wrong but I don't believe it has ever been stated.

The nearest I could find was this article. All the other articles I read pretty much said the same thing.

Brian Laundrie 'flew to Florida to empty a storage unit five days after fight with Gabby Petito' | Daily Mail Online

The additional details of the couple's whereabouts - and the fact they separated for five days - raises more questions about what happened on the doomed cross-country trip.

Bertolino said he believed the couple shared the costs for Laundrie to make the detour.

'To my knowledge, Brian and Gabby paid for the flights as they were sharing expenses,' the attorney said.

'Brian flew home to obtain some items and empty and close the storage unit to save money as they contemplated extending the road trip.'

This revelation reiterates what Petito's mom Nicole Schmidt told DailyMail.com exclusively earlier on in the search.

I could be wrong but I don't believe it has ever been stated.

The nearest I could find was this article. All the other articles I read pretty much said the same thing.

Brian Laundrie 'flew to Florida to empty a storage unit five days after fight with Gabby Petito' | Daily Mail Online

The additional details of the couple's whereabouts - and the fact they separated for five days - raises more questions about what happened on the doomed cross-country trip.

Bertolino said he believed the couple shared the costs for Laundrie to make the detour.

'To my knowledge, Brian and Gabby paid for the flights as they were sharing expenses,' the attorney said.

'Brian flew home to obtain some items and empty and close the storage unit to save money as they contemplated extending the road trip.'

This revelation reiterates what Petito's mom Nicole Schmidt told DailyMail.com exclusively earlier on in the search.

That you so much @Allabouttrial! I really appreciate your response. Yes, i am not aware that this was made public either. One of those things that was not disclosed. Thank you again for your response. Very appreciated! Have a great weekend!

That you so much @Allabouttrial! I really appreciate your response. Yes, i am not aware that this was made public either. One of those things that was not disclosed. Thank you again for your response. Very appreciated! Have a great weekend!
No problem :).

VIA Reporter Brian Entin on Twitter: : I just got the investigative review into the Moab traffic stop involving Gabby Petito. It finds the officers who responded made “several unintentional mistakes.” The report is 99 pages and I am starting to go through it now. We will have it on
@NewsNationNow
Prime at 9pm.

This as well as other info f rom the official investigative report to be shared by @brianentin of NewsNationNow on Twitter if you are interested...

@BrianEntin

·
2m

"Investigative review into Moab traffic stop finds there was probable cause to arrest Gabby Petito. Says in the specific incident -- Brian Laundrie was the victim. Says Moab officers did not enforce the law."

Gabby Petito and Brian Laundrie: Moab authorities release report on Aug. 12 domestic incident
JAN 12, 2022
FIRST ON FOX: An outside investigation into the Aug. 12 domestic violence incident between Gabby Petito and Brian Laundrie in Moab, Utah, found "unintentional mistakes" – and issued a number of recommendations on how the department should move forward.
[...]
"Just because Gabby was determined to be the predominant aggressor as it related to this incident, doesn’t mean she was the long-term predominant aggressor in this relationship," Ratcliffe wrote. But he also said that the officers did not have actionable evidence of that at the time.
[...]

Utah officers in Gabby Petito and Brian Laundrie incident made 'unintentional mistakes' and 'failed to cite' Petito with domestic violence, city says

Thu, January 13, 2022

"The independent agency's investigative report finds that the officers who responded to the incident made several unintentional mistakes that stemmed from the fact that officers failed to cite Ms. Petito for domestic violence," the city's statement said.

The report evaluated how the officers, Eric Pratt and Daniel Robbins, responded to the incident with Petito and Laundrie, identifying a number of mistakes the officers made. It said the case report compiled by police labeled the incident a case of "Disorderly Conduct," when actually it should have been labeled as "domestic violence related."

The report also said the officers failed to enforce the law by not citing Petito, who was determined to be the aggressor in the situation, for domestic violence.

"They responded to a confirmed domestic violence incident and they had evidence showing an assault had taken place. The statements of all those involved, along with the evidence presented, provided probable cause for an arrest," the report said.

The report concluded the officers' mistakes were unintentional and that "they both believed at the time they were making the right decision based on the totality of the circumstances that were presented."

"There were mistakes made in how this case was handled. If this case was handled flawlessly, would it have changed anything? Nobody knows," the report said.

The Laundrie family attorney, Steven Bertolino, has responded to the Moab report involving #GabbyPetito and #BrianLaundrie.

FI_BZtqWQAYLzuM

https://twitter.com/WFLAJB/status/1481615453072019458

Utah officers in Gabby Petito and Brian Laundrie incident made 'unintentional mistakes' and 'failed to cite' Petito with domestic violence, city says

Thu, January 13, 2022

"The independent agency's investigative report finds that the officers who responded to the incident made several unintentional mistakes that stemmed from the fact that officers failed to cite Ms. Petito for domestic violence," the city's statement said.

The report evaluated how the officers, Eric Pratt and Daniel Robbins, responded to the incident with Petito and Laundrie, identifying a number of mistakes the officers made. It said the case report compiled by police labeled the incident a case of "Disorderly Conduct," when actually it should have been labeled as "domestic violence related."

The report also said the officers failed to enforce the law by not citing Petito, who was determined to be the aggressor in the situation, for domestic violence.

"They responded to a confirmed domestic violence incident and they had evidence showing an assault had taken place. The statements of all those involved, along with the evidence presented, provided probable cause for an arrest," the report said.

The report concluded the officers' mistakes were unintentional and that "they both believed at the time they were making the right decision based on the totality of the circumstances that were presented."

"There were mistakes made in how this case was handled. If this case was handled flawlessly, would it have changed anything? Nobody knows," the report said.

These poor guys. So, they should have arrested Petito? Charged her with "Assault"? And that would have saved her?

These poor guys. So, they should have arrested Petito? Charged her with "Assault"? And that would have saved her?

I doubt it. It's not as though she would have stayed "safely" in jail. And she wasn't killed for about two weeks after the incident. But under Utah law she should have been charged. Personally I think it's a bad law and an example of why laws based on "emotion" or hard cases may not be the best laws.
JMO

If what happened hadn't happened they would be praising the guys for how they handled it.

Monday quarterbacking. Critical rehashing because of what happened to Gabby.

I have to agree with the Laundrie's attorney's statement.

Gabby Petito’s death has haunted Eric Pratt, the officer who stopped her, and Brian Laundrie.

Eric Pratt, one of the Moab officers seen in body-cam footage taken during the couple’s arraignment on August 12, told an investigation that he was “desperately *advertiser censored**ed over” that she was killed.

I’m really sorry. If I had known it was coming, I would have done everything I could to stop it,” he said.

According to the report, Pratt said, “I accept responsibility, but I don’t want anyone to think I didn’t care. I’m heartbroken. That day, and still today, I cared.”

His testimony is included in a 100-page independent review of the Moab City Police Department’s handling of a dispute between Laundrie, 23, and his fiancee, Petito, 22, in Utah, weeks before she was found dead in Wyoming.

Review of Moab Police’s handling of Gabby Petito, Brian Laundrie incident released

The independent report said even though Petito was the predominant aggressor in the one incident, it was “very likely” Petito was a victim of long-term domestic violence.

The report’s author said victims of this type of abuse tend to reach a point where they lash out in a way that causes the police to be called.

Gabby had a job which she left in order to travel the country with Brian,” the report said. “Gabby was trying to start an online career which Brian didn’t support or believe she could accomplish. Brian tried locking Gabby out of the van in an attempt to control her movements. Brian said he was trying to 'make' Gabby calm down and Gabby said she was trying to get Brian to stop telling her to calm down. Gabby also said Brian kept telling her to 'shut up'.

The report did say even if there were signs of Laundrie being the long-term aggressor, officers could only act on the information they were provided.

Said it before will say it again. She should have been arrested and charged with domestic abuse. Why?
Because it would have stopped the whole thing. First she would have had to bail out, which would have sent flashing red lights to her parents. Secondly, she would have been banned from seeing, talking to, or contacting BL. BL would have been banned also.
Thirdly. the state would have opened up a lot more resources to both of them. These resources would have investigated and found the truth of who was doing what. She would be easily alive today if that occured. Even if she got bail, she would have a no contact order. Their trip would have been stopped. Their parents would have acted like parents.

100% blame the police for not doing their jobs. (PS I usually support police, but it is what it is.)

But we are here and now.

A few things that still bug me. I can not find the full autopsy report of GP? Why? Well because this is an open case. Wait? Why is this an open case? According to the above BL killed her and then may or may not have killed himself.

Strangulation. That is a very large list of possible deaths. Everything from allergic reaction, to suicide, to quick blow to the neck, to manual strangulation.

Here is another article -- It's hard to read in parts, IMO. I can understand the logic, in a way, but I do wonder that would have happened if she had been arrested. Would it have changed anything? If her dad had gone there and bailed her out and taken her car and driven them home, maybe... But we can't think that way since it is done now. It's over. SMH. Bless her sweet little heart.
It makes me scream & cry at almost the same time. Still.
-------------------------------
Independent Review Faults Moab Police for 'Unintentional Mistakes' in Gabby Petito Case
"The City of Moab sends our sincere condolences to the Petito family. Our hearts go out to them as they continue to deal with the tragic loss of their daughter," officials said

By Janine Henni January 13, 2022 12:22 PM

The city of Moab, Utah, has released the findings of an independent investigation into the Aug. 12 domestic dispute between Gabby Petito and Brian Laundrie, suggesting that the two responding officers made mistakes and should be placed on probation.
[...]
"The independent agency's investigative report finds that the officers who responded to the incident made several unintentional mistakes that stemmed from the fact that officers failed to cite Ms. Petito for domestic violence," a statement said.
[...]
RELATED: Gabby Petito's Father Says His Late Daughter Is 'Already Saving Lives': 'So Many Stories'

"The Moab Police Department and specifically, Officer Pratt and Officer Robbins, are responsible for their actions or lack thereof as it pertains to this investigation," he continued. "However, I find it difficult to assign responsibility to anyone other than the person or persons directly responsible for Gabby's death, weeks after and several hundred miles away from their August 12th incident in Moab."
--------------------------

Source:
Independent Review Faults Moab Police for 'Unintentional Mistakes' in Gabby Petito Case

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member