TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, murdered, Scurry County, Dec 2010 *Arrest in 2021, released in 2023* #4

I wonder if the TX Rangers leaned on someone close to Adkins, offered immunity/leniency on another case if they gave up what they know.

Someone other than Billie because everyone knows she already chose him over Haleigh and would implicate herself all over again. Someone
in his family or extended family, or a friend.

What he used to hit her with might not be the reason they wanted his dna. Not to be gross, but when they found Hailey near that Lake, there could have been something on her clothes or near by. Such as urine, semen, hair, blood or even feces...
Maybe, but three years exposed to the elements is a long time?

Good discussion today. Im glad to check in and see a little conversation going on. It brings it all back hearing the "mother" spin her story. Cannot wait to hear it all come out now. I feel like so much went on that sunday evening that a few people had knowledge of. Just want the right people to go down. Even if i cut "mother" slack she still wasnt being truthful so why and when. If it were just to hide the drug activity why lie about sunday evening? Unless that involves drug activity and disappearing a daughter? Idk. Im sure it will all be clear before long.

I wonder if the TX Rangers leaned on someone close to Adkins, offered immunity/leniency on another case if they gave up what they know.

Someone other than Billie because everyone knows she already chose him over Haleigh and would implicate herself all over again. Someone
in his family or extended family, or a friend.

I was thinking the same thing actually. In order for them to have enough information to say he hit her in the head on the 26th, without a murder weapon, someone close had to share this information. If so, this is why I'm not convinced he acted alone because I would think that if it was family, it would have been a fight not a cover up.

My question is are they sure whoever shared that information told them the right person, or could they be covering for someone else...

As far as DNA...my guess would be her blood could be on his coveralls, since he was so insistent to turn them in the following morning. Thinking they would get washed before police retrieved them...which didn't happen. Maybe it was overlooked the first time but they found a small amount this time.

I have never been a fan of Billie's and I will never forgive her for choosing the POI instead of her own beautiful daughter, BUT IF she was involved in Hailey's death and/or cover-up why has SA not thrown her under the bus and got her arrested also? Either she wasn't involved, or he won't implicate her because that would be telling on himself. Is his attorney going to use BD as SA defense. Implicate her in the death to get SA off? What are your opinions?

I have never been a fan of Billie's and I will never forgive her for choosing the POI instead of her own beautiful daughter, BUT IF she was involved in Hailey's death and/or cover-up why has SA not thrown her under the bus and got her arrested also? Either she wasn't involved, or he won't implicate her because that would be telling on himself. Is his attorney going to use BD as SA defense. Implicate her in the death to get SA off? What are your opinions?

I would think he just hasn't said anything or he would be admitting his guilt.

He might be being advised to just keep quiet for now until his defense can do discovery of the evidence and then they will see which way to go. My opinion only.

In the press release, BD is talking about the time-line. At the 14:57 mark she said on Tuesday after she learned Hailey had not spent Monday night with her friend, she called Naomi who stated Hailey had been at their house for a minute on Monday but had not spent the night.
Is BD lying or is Naomi mixed up about her days?

In the press release, BD is talking about the time-line. At the 14:57 mark she said on Tuesday after she learned Hailey had not spent Monday night with her friend, she called Naomi who stated Hailey had been at their house for a minute on Monday but had not spent the night.
Is BD lying or is Naomi mixed up about her days?
Hailey Dunn's Earring Found at her father's House 1/20/11 article

Mother gave her the hoop earrings
She wore them on xmas day
Spent the night at Clints Christmas night
Came back home
Billie thought she had the earrings on
She didnt think that she came back with one or none on
Clint and GF moved out of apartment after HD went missing
DD found one of those red earrings

Question was: Did Hailey go to Clint's house the day she went missing and somehow lost an earring?

The earrings

I think Naomi was mixed up, but Billie was trying to cast suspicion/point the finger at Clint and away from her & the boy-toy.

My own personal opinion...
I have always felt BD had something(s) over the boyfriend. Blackmail...

Lol I try to remember what was said or at least where I saw it!

I don't know if I'm allowed to talk about the situation with the aunt that night sooo....

Hailey went back to her mom's for Christmas dinner and they ate around 2.

It is unclear if Billie was there all evening or left.

Hailey was texting Billies aunt that evening. Shawn also texted the aunt that evening. (I believe the nature of these texts is what started it, my opinion only.)

David first stated he left at 6 or 7 and went to a friend's house.
Billie was saying 9. I believe the final time they settled on was 9.

Hailey was playing the xbox according to David, and would have probably played until midnight.

Billie stated at 10 she saw Hailey in her room watching tv, and she went to bed.

There is a rumor that there is a picture of her playing, but I'm not sure of an actual time stamp.

Billies brother and a friend were questioned and Billies brother failed the poly. It seems as though they were at the house that Sunday night, but I can't truly confirm that.

Very unclear of what actually happened that night.

People said there was a fight, but Billie says there was not a fight on Christmas day...but she never says anything publicly about clearing up if there was a fight in Sunday.
It makes me sick that no one could ever give a straight answer about anything that happened over those couple of days. A bunch of liars! All of them.

When will a trial date be announced? Will cameras be allowed in the courthouse? Do we think the defense will ask for this case to be heard in another County? Does anyone think SA will work a plea deal and never go to trial?

Hailey Dunn's Earring Found at her father's House 1/20/11 article

Mother gave her the hoop earrings
She wore them on xmas day
Spent the night at Clints Christmas night
Came back home
Billie thought she had the earrings on
She didnt think that she came back with one or none on
Clint and GF moved out of apartment after HD went missing
DD found one of those red earrings

Question was: Did Hailey go to Clint's house the day she went missing and somehow lost an earring?

The earrings

I think Naomi was mixed up, but Billie was trying to cast suspicion/point the finger at Clint and away from her & the boy-toy.
GRACE: In addition to two landfills being searched as we go to air, searches in relation to Hailey Dunn, to Jean Casarez, what can you tell me about that hoop earring?

JEAN CASAREZ, LEGAL CORRESPONDENT, "IN SESSION": Well, the hoop earring could take this investigation in another direction. We know that they are red hoop earrings that Billie gave them to Hailey Dunn. Billie said she wore them on Christmas day when she went over to Clint`s house, her father`s, to spend the night. She believes when she came back, she had them on. She doesn`t remember her not having them on. But yet one of them was found several days after Hailey went missing as Clint and his girlfriend were moving out of their apartment. So the issue is, could Hailey have been in that apartment the day she went missing, after she left her home?

GRACE: Rupa, have we heard any more about the earring?

MIKKILINENI: Nancy, we don`t. We do know that the police have collected the one remaining earring, which David, Billie`s son, had gathered over from Clint`s house and brought back here. And we know that they are investigating this. We also know that it is very possible that this earring could be really the key to -- as Jean was saying, to another direction of this investigation. It could lead to --

GRACE: I know what you and Jean are suggesting, and I understand that this could point back toward the father or the girlfriend. That she was there the day she went missing. Now, Clint Dunn says, point blank, Hailey left that hoop earring at his apartment Christmas night when she slept over. That would have been Saturday night. What about that? Would that fit into the timeline, Jean Casarez?

CASAREZ: She just left the earrings there, didn`t have them on anymore, and that would take the investigation away from that house. But let`s remember, Clint has been relentless in the search for his daughter. But we don`t know who else could have been in the house that day.

GRACE: To Billie Dunn. You believe -- you told me that she was wearing those earrings over Christmas. Did she spend the night with her father Christmas evening?

DUNN: She did.

GRACE: Are you absolutely positive she had the earrings on Sunday, the next day?

DUNN: No, I`m not.

GRACE: So him saying --

DUNN: I noticed that she had taken them out.

GRACE: Yes. So him saying she left it there Christmas night is entirely possible, correct?

DUNN: Yes.

GRACE: OK. Have you heard, or tried to reach Shawn Adkins, the boyfriend?

DUNN: No. Just every couple of days he`ll reach out. But we don`t really -- we don`t talk.

GRACE: To say what?
CNN.com - Transcripts

When will a trial date be announced? Will cameras be allowed in the courthouse? Do we think the defense will ask for this case to be heard in another County? Does anyone think SA will work a plea deal and never go to trial?

Covid is delaying jury trials...but he has a right to a speedy trial...so I'm not sure how that will all work in regards to a trial date.

The case is well known throughout West Texas....I'm not sure where they would move it to.

On a plea deal I'm not sure. The affidavit stated he told le to look at him and Billie, so if true he had already told them he was involved. But then after that he says he wasn't involved. Maybe it will just depend on what his law team advises him to do.

Its like molasses w updates for this case. Not the norm imo. We usually have a path to follow but it seems so quiet and info being with held from us. I can only hope the reason will be shown and is to secure a conviction of all parties involved. Im sure its like pulling teeth to get some of outer players to give correct info of what happened in the time frame of christmas to new years when Hailey was disappeared.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back