TX TX - Julie Moseley, 9, Mary Trlica, 17, Lisa Wilson, 14, Fort Worth, 23 Dec 1974 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought that they had narrowed it fewer than five—which could mean five or fewer if they weren't careful about their wording. It could also mean that there was actually only one suspect.

And who could that be?

The letter is extremely intriguing.
As I understand results have been inconclusive regarding the author...I find this very strange. Don't they have samples of writing to definitely rule out authors? I'm also confused about the "cancelled stamp". Did the letter travel through the postal system or not? Because if someone just went and left it inside the mail box, it's a bit less baffling.

Apparently Rachel was misspelled at first...this is why I find it hard to believe Rachel wrote the letter, even under stress, who would write their own name wrong?

I also read that in 2001 police had "narrowed down the list of suspects to only 5"
Wonder who those 5 might be...

It IS confusing, because there are no straight answers. LE is completely silent and for other sources their agendas are often unclear and dubious. The impression I got is that there has been serious doubt whether the actual letter was ever in that envelope....so your question "did the letter travel through the postal service" cannot be answered easily....well the envelope most likely did travel through the mail at one point.

As far as Rachel - even TT claimed it was not her's and he's the top suspect as far as authorship of the letter.

The letter is extremely intriguing.
As I understand results have been inconclusive regarding the author...I find this very strange. Don't they have samples of writing to definitely rule out authors? I'm also confused about the "cancelled stamp". Did the letter travel through the postal system or not? Because if someone just went and left it inside the mail box, it's a bit less baffling.

Apparently Rachel was misspelled at first...this is why I find it hard to believe Rachel wrote the letter, even under stress, who would write their own name wrong?

I also read that in 2001 police had "narrowed down the list of suspects to only 5"
Wonder who those 5 might be...
There is a writing analysis done by a world renowned analyst that states Tommy wrote both the envelope and the letter. She is willing to testify in court. I believe with everything in me he did in fact write it. To further that line of thinking within the 15 first minutes that Tommy and Debra had that letter he noticed that she misspelled her name. I stared at that letter for years and never noticed that until it was shown to me. How do you notice an e covered with an l in the first 15 minutes of having it when your nerves should be completely shot and have been up all night by his own account????
It did go through the postal system. That post mark is from the postal substation outside of Seminary South.
There were people at the residence of Tommy and Rachel when Tommy and Debra went to the mailbox and retrieved it. Let’s just say their story is a bit different than the story that has been stated by anyone else and it is 100% the most believable IMO.

I tend to discount the letter somewhat as it has never seemed legitimate to me. It's somehow too convenient. The "misspelling" doesn't seem that important to me as I would consider it more of a flub. The fifth letter of "Rachel" is "e", followed by "l". Both of these letters are the same basic shape in lower-case cursive. Someone writing quickly could easily botch that last letter by repeating the "e"/making the loop in the "l" too short. Especially if it isn't their given name. Just my two cents. I also don't believe any of the three girls wrote it. As to the origin/creator of the letter, others have much more insight into that.

Last edited:
I tend to discount the letter somewhat as it has never seemed legitimate to me. It's somehow too convenient. The "misspelling" doesn't seem that important to me as I would consider it more of a flub. The fifth letter of "Rachel" is "e", followed by "l". Both of these letters are the same basic shape in lower-case cursive. Someone writing quickly could easily botch that last letter by repeating the "e"/making the loop in the "l" too short. Especially if it isn't their given name. Just my two cents. I also don't believe any of the three girls wrote it. As to the origin/creator of the letter, others have much more insight into that.
If you look at known samples of TT's handwriting, he has a very distinctive way of writing cursive b's' his b's have an unusually long tail. The b's in the letter have that same incredibly unusual characteristic.
It seems overwhelmingly obvious to me that TT wrote the letter.

Does anyone know anything about DA's boyfriend? The one she fell out with just before moving in with her sister. Is there anything in these threads that someone can direct me to?
Thanks.

Does anyone know anything about DA's boyfriend? The one she fell out with just before moving in with her sister. Is there anything in these threads that someone can direct me to?
Thanks.
I've never found a shred of anything on this individual. Absolutely nothing. I would be very interested in anything anyone has found. I

I've never found a shred of anything on this individual. Absolutely nothing. I would be very interested in anything anyone has found. I
I don't think that he was involved in the murder of the girls, but I consider it a possibility that he could have helped clean up the crime scene (which I have no doubt was the house on Minot), dispose of the girls bodies, or destroy evidence.

I don't think that he was involved in the murder of the girls, but I consider it a possibility that he could have helped clean up the crime scene (which I have no doubt was the house on Minot), dispose of the girls bodies, or destroy evidence.

I think whatever happened to the girls occurred in that house also, after they returned from the Mall.

MOO, although I think they made it to the Mall, there is no strong evidence to suggest that they did. I would love to hear theories from anyone on here who believes that they didn't get as far as the Mall. It would help put new ideas out there, that may have been overlooked.

I don't think they were abducted or got into any strange cars in the Mall. The logistics would be difficult. Imagine constantantly circling around a busy Parking Lot hoping to get the girls as they come out. You would be constantly getting blasted out of it by the other car drivers !!

Even if the girls willingly got into the car, someone would have seen something. Remember this is 1974, people don't have earpods in their ears, heck, the Walkman was still five years away. People are going to be far more alert and notice things.

I think they returned to the house at Minot without incident. However, in saying this, I am also saying that the car was 'staged'at the Parking Lot in the Mall. The time frame to do this would be tight!!

Feel free to shoot holes through my theory. I would love to hear other people's differing opinions, as I don't want to to get 'tunnel visioned' on this case.

Last edited:
I think whatever happened to the girls occurred in that house also, after they returned from the Mall.

MOO, although I think they made it to the Mall, there is no strong evidence to suggest that they did. I would love to hear theories from anyone on here who believes that they didn't get as far as the Mall. It would help put new ideas out there, that may have been overlooked.

I don't think they were abducted or got into any strange cars in the Mall. The logistics would be difficult. Imagine constantantly circling around a busy Parking Lot hoping to get the girls as they come out. You would be constantly getting blasted out of it by the other car drivers !!

Even if the girls willingly got into the car, someone would have seen something. Remember this is 1974, people don't have earpods in their ears, heck, the Walkman was still five years away. People are going to be far more alert and notice things.

I think they returned to the house at Minot without incident. However, in saying this, I am also saying that the car was 'staged'at the Parking Lot in the Mall. The time frame to do this would be tight!!

Feel free to shoot holes through my theory. I would love to hear other people's differing opinions, as I don't want to to get 'tunnel visioned' on this case.

Anything is possible. Awful lot of people with awareness/knowledge of various events that day, not to mention keeping silent for nearly 50 years.
Not sure what the motivation would be for this level of criminality. There's also a number of contradictions, i.e. witness accounts and so on.
Not sure I see the sophistication and discipline needed but I can only go by what I've gathered from media. Which also means I can't rule it out.

I have yet to talk to anyone that saw them at the mall. Doesn’t mean they weren’t there. We KNOW they were at the army and navy store for a fact. Sure wish we could see a receipt with the time on it. I think that would so helpful. Timelines are so hazy because everyone has a different story. I feel like the earlier time of about 10-10:30 is a good time for them leaving the Moseley’s house. CFJ has not been confirmed to have been there by the Moseley’s. That was a DJ document that claimed it. God rest his soul, there are morsels of truth in his documents but they are NOT FACTS. What the truth is on that I have no clue. CFJ isn’t here to speak for himself and the Moseley’s do not recall him being there. So it’s back to the guessing game. I also believe whatever happened, happened at the house on Minot. If they were killed, it was not an obvious crime scene for sure. I agree I believe the car was planted at the mall. I believe the statement by fwpd that poi’s were narrowed to less than 5 people is very accurate IMO. I believe on 12/24/71 3-4 people had a very good idea of what happened that day.
Personally I don’t believe CFJ was involved. Unless one theory in my mind but I just can’t fully piece that thepry together for it to make since.
If they were sold as Debra believed motive is financial gain. That has been the main theory in my family. That the girls were taken to Mexico which would make since as to why we cannot find them. Does anyone know of a database of Jane Doe’s in Mexico? I have not found one but I haven’t spent a ton of time on that either. If they murdered them, I honestly believe the first to go was Rachel and it was in an instant and either a crime of passion or just a mental snap. Seriously the previous year had to be hell for a specific person. Go over that years documented timeline for them. 73-74 sucked! But what transpired after the original snap? Where do you dispose of THREE bodies? Never to be seen again. Could the other two have not been killed and subsequently sold?
There’s a lot going on behind the scenes right now. I assure you this case will NOT go away silently. I pray that every day the perpetrators love they see those three faces. I do believe they do feel guilt. Just not enough to come clean to law enforcement. I believe they have told others as well. VERY VERY FEW. And either they took it to their graves or they are willing to hold that secret to protect someone they “love”. I guess love truly does conquer all... However, it won’t save you when you meet that man upstairs! I just pray someone’s conscience will speak to them and give those three girls some peace. They deserve it. I could care less if they walk the streets free till the day they die. Just give us answers and let us lay the girls to rest once and for all.

I have yet to talk to anyone that saw them at the mall. Doesn’t mean they weren’t there. We KNOW they were at the army and navy store for a fact. Sure wish we could see a receipt with the time on it. I think that would so helpful. Timelines are so hazy because everyone has a different story. I feel like the earlier time of about 10-10:30 is a good time for them leaving the Moseley’s house. CFJ has not been confirmed to have been there by the Moseley’s. That was a DJ document that claimed it. God rest his soul, there are morsels of truth in his documents but they are NOT FACTS. What the truth is on that I have no clue. CFJ isn’t here to speak for himself and the Moseley’s do not recall him being there. So it’s back to the guessing game. I also believe whatever happened, happened at the house on Minot. If they were killed, it was not an obvious crime scene for sure. I agree I believe the car was planted at the mall. I believe the statement by fwpd that poi’s were narrowed to less than 5 people is very accurate IMO. I believe on 12/24/71 3-4 people had a very good idea of what happened that day.
Personally I don’t believe CFJ was involved. Unless one theory in my mind but I just can’t fully piece that thepry together for it to make since.
If they were sold as Debra believed motive is financial gain. That has been the main theory in my family. That the girls were taken to Mexico which would make since as to why we cannot find them. Does anyone know of a database of Jane Doe’s in Mexico? I have not found one but I haven’t spent a ton of time on that either. If they murdered them, I honestly believe the first to go was Rachel and it was in an instant and either a crime of passion or just a mental snap. Seriously the previous year had to be hell for a specific person. Go over that years documented timeline for them. 73-74 sucked! But what transpired after the original snap? Where do you dispose of THREE bodies? Never to be seen again. Could the other two have not been killed and subsequently sold?
There’s a lot going on behind the scenes right now. I assure you this case will NOT go away silently. I pray that every day the perpetrators love they see those three faces. I do believe they do feel guilt. Just not enough to come clean to law enforcement. I believe they have told others as well. VERY VERY FEW. And either they took it to their graves or they are willing to hold that secret to protect someone they “love”. I guess love truly does conquer all... However, it won’t save you when you meet that man upstairs! I just pray someone’s conscience will speak to them and give those three girls some peace. They deserve it. I could care less if they walk the streets free till the day they die. Just give us answers and let us lay the girls to rest once and for all.
I do believe CFJ could have had some very insightful information in this case. Maybe had some guilt of his own not by actually doing the deed himself rather second hand. One person claimed to have spoke with he and his wife but when asked questions like was he there that day, they had no answers.‍…

If they were sold as Debra believed motive is financial gain.
I do believe CFJ could have had some very insightful information in this case.

Something along these lines seems somewhat more likely to me. I've read through a lot of the posts here over time that taken together seem to describe such a scenario. Terrible story if proven to be true.

Something along these lines seems somewhat more likely to me. I've read through a lot of the posts here over time that taken together seem to describe such a scenario. Terrible story if proven to be true.
I’d rather they be killed right off personally. That’s a terrible life. And if they did wherever they’re at and whatever has happened, I pray they know they all three still have family that love them and would help them in any way possible. I can’t imagine..:.. sometimes I wonder if I lean towards murder because I don’t want to think of what torture they may have been through. It’s so sad to think about.

I honestly believe the first to go was Rachel and it was in an instant and either a crime of passion or just a mental snap. Seriously the previous year had to be hell for a specific person. Go over that years documented timeline for them. 73-74 sucked! But what transpired after the original snap? Where do you dispose of THREE bodies?

This is what I think most likely happened also. But as you say what happened after original snap ?

It would have been difficult to clean up, dispose of three bodies, 'stage' a car back at the Mall and write a letter.

I am curious as to why 'trafficking to Mexico' comes up a lot as a theory ?

Was that a big thing in the area at the time ? There would be far far easier options for traffickers than grabbing three girls from a Mall.

Are people suggesting the girls got trafficked after they returned to the house at Minot ?

I am not knocking the theory, but it seems a bit unlikely that someone will be there on hand or shortly afterwards to grab the girls and then traffic them to Mexico at some later date.

I am curious as to why 'trafficking to Mexico' comes up a lot as a theory ?

Was that a big thing in the area at the time ? There would be far far easier options for traffickers than grabbing three girls from a Mall.

Are people suggesting the girls got trafficked after they returned to the house at Minot ?

I am not knocking the theory, but it seems a bit unlikely that someone will be there on hand or shortly afterwards to grab the girls and then traffic them to Mexico at some later date.
I do not believe for a second a stranger is responsible for it either way. It was someone close to the girls or at least one of them for sure. Someone they knew and trusted.

This is what I think most likely happened also. But as you say what happened after original snap ?

It would have been difficult to clean up, dispose of three bodies, 'stage' a car back at the Mall and write a letter.

BBM..."Cleaning up" would have depended on how they were killed. Strangulation of suffocation wouldn't have required much at all. "Dispose of 3 bodies" would not have been hard depending on the size and/or number of empty barrels at the killer's disposal. "Staging a car" wouldn't have taken long if an accomplice was involved and writing the letter would have taken about 60 seconds.

All of this would have taken about one hour.

BBM..."Cleaning up" would have depended on how they were killed. Strangulation of suffocation wouldn't have required much at all. "Dispose of 3 bodies" would not have been hard depending on the size and/or number of empty barrels at the killer's disposal. "Staging a car" wouldn't have taken long if an accomplice was involved and writing the letter would have taken about 60 seconds.

All of this would have taken about one hour.

Yes, I think at an accomplice would have been involved, if it went down like that. My gut feeling is that there was one other accomplice (possibly not involved with the killings, but with the events straight afterwards).

Yes, I think at an accomplice would have been involved, if it went down like that. My gut feeling is that there was one other accomplice (possibly not involved with the killings, but with the events straight afterwards).
I agree. I also think barrels are at the top of the list of things to look for. None of these divers have been looking for barrels. I still believe Benbrook is a great place to look. I believe there are reasons that lake was high on Rusty’s radar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff