Deceased/Not Found NH - Harmony Montgomery, 7, Manchester, Oct 2019 *reported missing Dec 2021* *REWARD* *Arrest* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
my understanding is that they were not the appropriate charges under the right statute for what they were alleging she did in regards to the government benefits. In other words, this dropping of charges and adding of other ones is simply a matter of administration (making sure things are being charged appropriately).

MOO at the end of the day whatever fraud or theft they have charged her with is not in order to achieve justice for that fraud/theft. It's to apply pressure in order to get her to tell what she and/or Adam did to his daughter and where to locate her now.

BBM
I agree. To me it sounds like they are trying to charge her with as much as possible in the hopes that she cracks and tells what she knows about Harmony.
Let's hope it works! IMHO she has to know more than she's saying.

MOO at the end of the day whatever fraud or theft they have charged her with is not in order to achieve justice for that fraud/theft. It's to apply pressure in order to get her to tell what she and/or Adam did to his daughter and where to locate her now.

I think so, too.

Kind of like arresting Al Capone for tax evasion, which ultimately allowed his illegal activities to be exposed in court. Use anything within legal means to get to the most important part. Hopefully KM will make a deal to provide info on Harmony in exchange for charges dropped, or by whatever legal means possible.

Didn't earlier MSM reporting have Uncle Kevin allege that he reported physical abuse to DCYF but they did not follow up? Perhaps the wording he or the reporters used confused me. I thought he said they ignored his reports, that he had no knowledge of DCYF acting on his complaint.

Now, according to this report, Uncle KM said DCYF did investigate his calls about abuse. They investigated at the time and determined the children were OK.

Not finding the allegation substantiated is very different than not investigating the report.

Some of Harmony's relatives told Fox News Digital they reported signs of abuse on multiple occasions and saw no results.

"They did their investigation, it was within a few days or the week, and they said all the kids looked ‘vibrant, happy and healthy,’" said Kevin Montgomery, the uncle of Harmony’s dad Adam Montgomery. His nephew is currently being held without bail on suspicion of child abuse and assault years after allegedly giving the partially blind girl a black eye in July 2019.

Harmony Montgomery case shines spotlight on need for more social workers in police departments, cops say

Did anyone else have the impression that calls to DCYF were ignored?

Harmony's great-grandmother has spoken publicly. She is not identified by name. She said she contacted DHHS in July 2021 when Adam was in drug rehab.

Harmony’s great-grandmother also said she called New Hampshire’s Department of Health and Human Services in July 2021 after she heard Adam Montgomery had entered drug rehab to check up on the girl’s well-being and whereabouts.

She said officials told her that Harmony wasn’t in their system, wasn’t in their custody, and that they didn’t have a case open.

"That was it," she said.

Harmony Montgomery case shines spotlight on need for more social workers in police departments, cops say

BBM
I agree. To me it sounds like they are trying to charge her with as much as possible in the hopes that she cracks and tells what she knows about Harmony.
Let's hope it works! IMHO she has to know more than she's saying.
I believe she knows a lot more than she will ever say. But just MOO
As described by her mom:
"Speaking after her daughter's arraignment Thursday morning, Christina Lubin, 51, admitted Kayla had a history of dishonesty but insisted she had nothing to do with Harmony's disappearance."
'I drilled my daughter, believe me. She used to be a liar but I know how to get the truth out of my daughter. And all she said was that he dropped her off at work.'

I believe she knows a lot more than she will ever say. But just MOO
As described by her mom:
"Speaking after her daughter's arraignment Thursday morning, Christina Lubin, 51, admitted Kayla had a history of dishonesty but insisted she had nothing to do with Harmony's disappearance."
'I drilled my daughter, believe me. She used to be a liar but I know how to get the truth out of my daughter. And all she said was that he dropped her off at work.'
Leopards aren't generally known for changing their spots.

JAN 11, 2022
Legal pressure applied against father & stepmom in Harmony Montgomery investigation – Boston 25 News
[...]

NH prosecutors are dropping Kayla’s existing welfare fraud charge and are replacing it with another felony: theft by deception.

They are also adding eight misdemeanors on top of it.

It’s more legal pressure for a mother of three, perhaps to convince her to talk.

“It sounds as if it’s crucial, that without any evidence at this time, that they find somebody that is willing to tell them what is going on. And that is why they obviously want to put whatever pressure they can on people to talk,” Boston attorney Peter Elikann said.

[...]

Further details about the Jan 2014 shooting...

JAN 11, 2021
Harmony Montgomery: Uncle says he tried to alert authorities about abuse for years | Fox News
[...]

A surveillance camera captured audio and video of the shooting, which was alleged to have involved multiple people, including Harmony’s mother and her uncle, Jason Sorey. The video showed a white Volvo pulling up to the area around 6:08 p.m. local time, according to a preliminary police report.

Less than two minutes later, "a faint ‘pop’ is heard" out of the camera’s view. Then a man can be heard screaming, "Jay, help, Jay!" the report states. Several voices can be heard in the video, according to the report, including one that says, "He shot me in my f------ face," and another that says, "Yo get the f--- outa here, the cops are comin'."

[...]

The brawl involved at least four men, including the victim, Montgomery and two others, documents said. After the initial shooting, the alleged victim and a friend drove Montgomery to the floor and pulled his shirt over his head, revealing a "BOSTON" tattoo on his back, before disarming him and taking the gun.

[...]

Police said they received several tips identifying someone named "Ace" – later revealed to be Montgomery – as the man who shot the victim in the face. Another tipster revealed that Montgomery was shot in the arm during the scuffle, but refused to go to the hospital, and that he was with his then-girlfriend, Sorey, the preliminary report states.

Police found Sorey on Jan. 25, 2014, "hiding in an abandoned shed at the rear" of a home in Methuen, Massachusetts, an unheated space amid plummeting temperatures.

[...]

Bringing over from the media thread:
We have laws protecting the rights of juveniles both those at risk and those convicted of crimes. We all want and need accountability and transparency especially when it comes to these types of cases. Who does it serve when child protection agency secret their investigations, findings and follow ups? Same with juvenile crimes. We deserve to know and should demand accountability and transparency at a bare minimum. The secrecy and lack of responsibility is of help to no one especially the most needy and innocent victims who “the system” fails repeatedly to protect. IMO
Getting you in the right place, @mom2chloe, and couldn't agree more. :)

JAN 11, 2022
Exclusive photos inside Harmony Montgomery's family home (newsnationnow.com)
On Tuesday, NewsNation obtained exclusive photos showing the inside of the house where the 7-year-old lived before she vanished two years ago. She was not reported missing until late last year.

The images show the bedrooms, kitchen and even inside the refrigerator. Extension cords, hooked up to an outside generator, can also be seen running throughout the house because neighbors say the power was cut off.

Harmony’s mother, Crystal Sorey, said she doesn’t understand how the girl remained in his care.
Adam Montgomery was “doing extreme punishments to her,” Sorey said. “All kind of stuff the therapist had gotten out of her just by playing dolls in a doll house. Imagine, I was horrified. I was, like, ‘No!’ I told DCF and that was that and months later they hand over custody.”

AM is a monster, where is Harmony Adam?

Exclusive photos inside Harmony Montgomery's family home

Didn't earlier MSM reporting have Uncle Kevin allege that he reported physical abuse to DCYF but they did not follow up? Perhaps the wording he or the reporters used confused me. I thought he said they ignored his reports, that he had no knowledge of DCYF acting on his complaint.

Now, according to this report, Uncle KM said DCYF did investigate his calls about abuse. They investigated at the time and determined the children were OK.

Not finding the allegation substantiated is very different than not investigating the report.

Some of Harmony's relatives told Fox News Digital they reported signs of abuse on multiple occasions and saw no results.

"They did their investigation, it was within a few days or the week, and they said all the kids looked ‘vibrant, happy and healthy,’" said Kevin Montgomery, the uncle of Harmony’s dad Adam Montgomery. His nephew is currently being held without bail on suspicion of child abuse and assault years after allegedly giving the partially blind girl a black eye in July 2019.

Did anyone else have the impression that calls to DCYF were ignored?
was there info in that link i missed? i had to stop because it was pretty political.

The timeline is getting pretty lengthy. That's a good thing - we're getting lots of information - but I think after this one, I'll just post it to the media thread with a link to it here. I don't want to clog up the thread.

Please let me know of anything I've missed, anything incorrect, etc.

Timeline
January 11, 2022

Jan 24, 2014
– Harmony’s father, AM, whose criminal history includes burglary, first degree assault, and stalking, and which dates back to 2007, shot RJ, in the face during a heroin deal. A surveillance camera captured audio and video of the shooting, which was alleged to have involved multiple people, including CS and her uncle, JS.

Jan 25, 2014 - Police found CS hiding in an abandoned shed at the rear of a home in Methuen, MA, an unheated space amid plummeting temperatures. Thereafter, she was charged on allegations that she helped Adam evade police, although the charges were later dropped. She was four months pregnant at the time.

Jan 28, 2014 - U.S. Marshall’s located AM in Manchester, NH and arrested him on an unrelated probation violation warrant out of Middlesex Superior Court. AM had a bullet wound in his right arm.

Mar 2014 - AM was arraigned on charges of armed robbery and assault with intent to murder and held without bail but the charges were later reduced.

Jun 7, 2014 - Harmony was born.

Sep 2014 - AM received a sentence of 18 months behind bars, after pleading guilty to lesser charges of larceny, carrying a firearm without a license and discharging a firearm within 500 feet of a building in an armed robbery during which he allegedly shot a man in the head.

Jun 8, 2017 - AM and KM's first child was born. 010622MontgomeryK-Affidavit.pdf (nh.gov)

Jul 2018 - Court documents show Harmony’s mother lost custody of Harmony because of substance abuse issues. Harmony began bouncing in and out of foster care.

Sometime in 2019 – Harmony was last enrolled in school in Massachusetts, but (as of 12/31/21) LE did not yet know where.

Jan 30, 2019 - AM and KM's second child was born. 010622MontgomeryK-Affidavit.pdf (nh.gov)

Feb 22, 2019 – Harmony’s mother no longer had custody. Harmony was returned to her father without an Interstate Compact for the Placement of Children (ICPC) and was no longer in MA foster care system according to juvenile court records from Lawrence, MA.

Feb 25, 2019 - KM filed a change report to add Harmony to her DHHS account and monthly benefits increased $129.

About Apr 21, 2019 - The last time CS spoke with Harmony was over a Facetime video call around Easter 2019. CS later told LE that Harmony "seemed frightened" during the call.

Jun 7, 2019 - BM and JM begin fostering Harmony's younger brother. "From night one, in the bedroom, he asked where Harmony was going to sleep," JM.

Jul 2019– The uncle of Harmony’s father reported an incident to DCYF. After he reported the incident, his nephew stopped speaking to him. Montgomery said he called DCYF in July 2019 after he saw that she had a black eye — but nothing happened. From the affidavit: Due to the above facts and circumstances I believe probable cause exists that AM committed the crime of Second Degree Assault, RSA 631:2, I(d) on or between 7/1/2019 and 7/22/2019, in that he knowingly caused bodily injury to HM 06/07/2014, a child under the age of 13, by striking her in the face.

Aug 5, 2019 - LE responded to 77 Gilford due to a neighbor concerned for the wellbeing of a child. The report is noted, "MONTGOMERY RES. HAVE BEEN HERE SEVERAL TIMES" as well as "STILL WORKING WITH DEMETRIUS FROM DCYF" victoria price on Twitter

Aug 16, 2019 - The Millers meet CS for the first time and offer to adopt Harmony if the need ever arises. They discuss J’s strong bond with his sister and exchange numbers with CS, remaining in regular contact ever since.

Aug 21, 2019 - LE responded to 77 Gilford; CHECK SECURITY OF BUILDING. Notes: Squatters, home up for auction, trash everywhere, unknown # of people, lots of calls about this, KM harassing them, DCYF involved as well.
victoria price on Twitter

Sep 5, 2019 - The home at 77 Gilford St in Manchester, NH was owned by HM, 78, and CD from 2016 until it was foreclosed on September 5, 2019, according to the Hillsborough County Register of Deeds. … The property also appears to have been the home of KLM, 43.

LE responded to 77 Gilford; ANIMAL COMPLAINT. Caller concerned about the dog being abused, people yelling, dog yelping, dog put outside.
victoria price on Twitter

Sep 12, 2019 - An MPD Incident/Investigation report was emailed to DCYF after LE responded to 77 Gilford when KM and HM were at 77 Gilford to retrieve personal items. AM said the power was turned off several months ago due to nonpayment. A generator in the driveway powered the refrigerator. The home had running water. victoria price on Twitter

Sep 18, 2019 - LE responded to 77 Gilford; CHECK AREA FOR PROBLEM. Neighbor complained of music and talking @ 3 a.m., car appears broken into with pry marks all over it. Note: WE'VE DEALT WITH THIS ADDRESS QUITE A BIT IN THE LAST COUPLE OF MONTHS. victoria price on Twitter

Oct 2019 – Harmony was last seen during a police call for service in October of 2019 at the residence in Manchester. … The Manchester house was shared by several family members, including Harmony and her parents [likely AM and KM]. The incident, which Montgomery said included him [Harmony's father] trying to push through the front door when he wasn’t allowed in, resulted in a call to the police and a divide in the family.

Nov 2019 - CS lived at 37 Chapel St #3, Lowell MA with her boyfriend JE who has never met Harmony in person.

Nov 22, 2019 - Boston 25's Blair Miller adopted Harmony's brother on National Adoption Day. Miller inquired with DCF about adopting Harmony as well. A caseworker told him then Harmony had been reunited with her father.

Nov 2019 - The Millers reach out to CS and say they want to send Harmony a Christmas gift from her little brother, but she tells them she’s again unable to reach AM.

Approx Nov 28, 2019 (Thanksgiving Day) - AM told LE he hadn’t seen her since her mother came to pick her up around Thanksgiving of 2019.

The day after Thanksgiving, 2019 - KM told LE that on this date, AM dropped KM off at work and told her that he was taking Harmony to her mother to live.

Around Thanksgiving 2019 - A neighbor, who has lived on Gilford St for decades, said she went away for the Thanksgiving holidays in 2019 and returned to find the family had moved out. She said the house had fallen into foreclosure and AM and KM were refusing to leave and were “basically squatting” at the home with their children before finally being “forced out."

Late 2019 - AM's uncle, KM, said he has not seen Harmony or AM since late 2019.

Jun 2020 - Around Harmony’s sixth birthday, CS tells the Millers she hasn't been able to reach AM or Harmony.

Nov 4, 2020 - AM and KM's third child was born. 010622MontgomeryK-Affidavit.pdf (nh.gov)

Jan 7, 2021 - KM indicated to DHHS that her family consisted of 2 adults, married, and 4 children. A DHHS caseworker added a note to the redetermination paperwork that KM seemed confused about whether Harmony lived there "because she goes to her mom's every other weekend."

Mar 7, 2021 - J asks his adoptive parents if they can adopt Harmony. "I want to call her a Miller too," JM quoted his son as saying at the time.

Mar 21, 2021 - KM went to her mother’s house with the children "due to domestic violence on her from her husband, AM," according to the request for a restraining order against AM, filed in July 2021 by KM's mother.

Jun 2, 2021 - Another DHHS account change was initiated and DHHS noted that case management for Harmony was closed; KM said Harmony had moved back with her mother.

Jun 2021 - With Harmony’s seventh birthday approaching, the Millers are still sending pictures of J to CS and asking about Harmony. She tells them she wished her ex would stop avoiding her.

Jul 2, 2021 - AM showed up outside KM's mothers' home, crept around her yard and tapped on her window at around 7:45 p.m.

Jul 5, 2021 - The boyfriend of KM's mother found a steak knife in the yard where AM had been standing.

Jul 6, 2021 - AM’s mother-in-law filed for a restraining order against him; KM was living with her mother at the time.

Jul 2021 - Harmony’s great-grandmother called NH DHHS to check on Harmony's well-being and whereabouts after she heard AM had entered drug rehab. She said officials told her that Harmony wasn’t in their system, wasn’t in their custody, and that they didn’t have a case open.

Jul 29, 2021 - CS tells the Millers that she finally found AM, but he immediately blocked her on social media.

Aug & Sep 2021 - AM's mother-in-law's restraining order was heard in court in Aug 2021 and dismissed by the court in Sept 2021 for lack of service.

Sep 2021 - CS told JM she’d made contact with one of AM’s aunts, who told her she hadn’t seen Harmony since some point in 2019. Shortly afterward, she saw AM posting a lot of his belongings on Facebook Marketplace.

Sep 16, 2021 - The Millers began attempting to contact AM and KM over Facebook but had no luck. BM reached out to NH’s DCYF. CS later tells them she finally heard back from the agency.

Oct 2021 - AM's estranged wife KM told officers she had not seen Adam Montgomery since October, 2021 and claimed he was living in a sober house. He later moved to Maine with another woman, according to court documents.

Mid Nov 2021 - KM last spoke to AM.

Nov 18, 2021 - Manchester school officials reveal they have no records that Harmony has ever been enrolled there. Harmony's mother CS called LE to say that Harmony was in the custody of AM, and she had not seen Harmony since around Easter, 2019.

Dec 27, 2021 - DCYF notified the MPD that they were unable to locate HM.

Dec 29, 2021 - CS emailed the Mayor of Manchester. victoria price on Twitter

Lauren Smith, Mayor Craig’s Chief of Staff, confirmed they received an email from an individual stating issues with DCYF and concern regarding a child. ... They forwarded the information to the police. … Aldenberg said police opened the investigation after being contacted by DCYF.

Harmony’s mother claims she contacted the Mayor and police.

Dec 30, 2021 - Adam’s brother spoke with LE. According to the affidavit the brother said “Adam was physically abusive toward Harmony” The brother recalled that “Adam was ‘super short’ with the child, and he learned through family members that Adam had given Harmony a black eye” in 2019.

Dec 31, 2021 – LE said they received a report this week that Harmony has not been seen since late 2019. Press conference #1 AM was first questioned by police after being found sleeping in a vehicle with his girlfriend KS in the area of Harvell St in Manchester. KS said she and AM have been romantically involved for over a year.

Jan 2, 2022LE searched the home at 77 Gilford St, Manchester NH.

Jan 3, 2022 - Press Conference #2

Jan 4, 2022 – The FBI officially joined the investigation, the reward is at $33k, and Harmony's father, Adam Montgomery is arrested on a warrant for one felony charge of second-degree assault arising from 2019 conduct against Harmony Montgomery, as well as one misdemeanor charge of interference with custody, and two misdemeanor charges of endangering the welfare of a child pertaining to Harmony.

Jan 5, 2022 - Adam Montgomery was arraigned around noon in Hillsborough County Superior Court North. AM waived his bail hearing and agreed to be held in preventive detention at the Hillsborough County House of Justice. The judge granted his petition for a public defender. He is held on no bond.

The reward increased to $43,000.

KM was arrested in Manchester for one charge of Welfare Fraud. The charge alleges that between Dec 2019 and Jun 2021, KM obtained over $1,500 in food stamp benefits by failing to remove Harmony from KM’s family account with NH DHHS Division of Family Assistance and continuing to collect food stamp benefits for Harmony, despite the fact that Harmony was no longer living with KM and husband, AM.

Jan 6, 2022 - KM was arraigned; judge set bond @ $5k and the Reward Money Climbs to $60,000.

Jan 7, 2022 - The reward for info that helps find Harmony increased to $94k.

Jan 8, 2022 - LE returned to 77 Gilford St with ground thawing equipment.

Jan 9, 2022 - LE returned again to 77 Gilford St where tarps could be seen placed over the backyard and a trailer parked in the driveway with markings that indicate it is used to warm the ground.

A vigil was held for Harmony where CS first spoke in public. She said she has been "begging for any type of answer" since she last spoke to her daughter nearly three years ago.

Jan 10, 2022 - CS told Brian Entin that AM strangled her countless times when she was pregnant. Full Interview - YouTube

KM's atty filed a MOTION TO RECONSIDER/REOPEN BAIL ISSUE

The State filed an OBJECTION TO DEFENDANT’S MOTION

Jan 11, 2022 - KM was charged with Theft By Deception and two misdemeanor counts of Prohibited Acts. victoria price on Twitter

The reward hits $100K

Jan 13, 2022 - KM to be arraigned on the new charges.

Feb 25, 2022 - Dispositional conference for KM @ 9 a.m.

Mar 4, 2022 - Dispositional conference for AM @ 9 a.m.

24-hour police hotline: 603-203-6060
#FindHarmony
t4560.gif

JAN 11, 2022
Exclusive photos inside Harmony Montgomery's family home (newsnationnow.com)
On Tuesday, NewsNation obtained exclusive photos showing the inside of the house where the 7-year-old lived before she vanished two years ago. She was not reported missing until late last year.

The images show the bedrooms, kitchen and even inside the refrigerator. Extension cords, hooked up to an outside generator, can also be seen running throughout the house because neighbors say the power was cut off.
ok....... there was therapy appts????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members