Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #89

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mysti88c

Reaction score
A Chaffee County woman is missing after a neighbor said she went out for a bike ride Sunday and never returned
Chaffee County woman missing since Sunday after neighbor said she went out for bike ride

List of Case Players and Their Relationship to Discussion (Post #440)

————————————-
MEDIA, MAPS & TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*
Detailed timeline of events in the Morphew case:
CO - CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 , MEDIA, MAPS &TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*

Arrest Affidavit
—————————————
Suzanne Morphew Case Archive (developed and maintained by WS member AmandaReckonwith)
—————————————
Hearing Notes (Compliments of @NoSI)
Preliminary:
Day 1

————————————-
Suzanne Morphew FB page
Suzanne Morphew Twitter page

Verified Experts/Professionals/Insiders posting in this thread:

10ofRods is a Verified Anthropologist
Angleterre is a Verified LE from England
riolove77 is a Verified Attorney (prosecutor)
Alethea is a Verified Attorney (defense)
otto is a Verified Expert
Chomsky is a Verified Attorney
angelainwi is a Certified Trauma Counselor
gitana1 is a Verified Attorney
Cassidy is a Verified Attorney
lamlawindy is a Verified Attorney (former Prosecutor, now Defence)
NatureLover (Verified friend of the Moorman family)

Thread #41 Thread #42 Thread #43 Thread #44 Thread #45 Thread #46 Thread #47 Thread #48 Thread #49 Thread #50 Thread #51 Thread #52 Thread #53 Thread #54 Thread #55 Thread #56 Thread #57 Thread #58 Thread #59 Thread #60 Thread #61 Thread #62 Thread #63 Thread #64 Thread #65 Thread #66 Thread #67 Thread #68 Thread #69 Thread #70 Thread #71 Thread #72 Thread #73 Thread #74 Thread #75 Thread #76 Thread #77 Thread #78 Thread #79 Thread #80 Thread #81 Thread #82
Thread #83
Thread #84 Thread #85 Thread #86 Thread #87 Thread #88

Last edited by a moderator:
Please continue discussion here in accordance with The Rules:

Quick rundown of reminders from prior threads:

Rumors are not allowed.

Barry Morphew has been charged with Suzanne's murder and he and his businesses are open to sleuthing.

Do not sleuth or make accusations against anyone who is not an officially named POI/suspect.

If an approved source discusses rumors or family members, it is still NOT allowed to do so at Websleuths. WS has different standards.

Preview your posts to avoid broken quotes.

Lengthy personal anecdotes are off topic. Stay on topic.

Discuss the case and not each other; state your opinion and move one without arguing or bickering.

Random youtube videos or blogs are not allowed unless approval is given by Tricia or Admin.

Approved sources are MSM, LE, Profiling Evil podcast, Lauren Scharf podcast or social media, Investigation Discovery, Crimeonline, Tyson Draper (only the interview with Barry Morphew), public documents.

Do not discuss removed posts or question/challenge moderation on the thread. Doing so is subject to an automatic Time Out.

Mod Reminder - Plunder Court Transcript Episodes

The Transcripts from the Preliminary Hearing being shared by Plunder have been approved. This approval only applies to the Plunder episodes specific to the court transcripts. The transcripts shared across the episodes may not be copied and posted in entirety to WS as a single document or post replicating the documents that the content creator purchased.

ADMIN REMINDER:

By Websleuths standards the Morphew daughters are victims. Posts trashing them or demeaning them will be removed and members who post in that regard are subject to a loss of posting privileges.

Read The Rules (TOS) and post accordingly.

Thanks.

<modsnip: This post has been removed. It is a violation of the law to broadcast this recording.>

ADMIN NOTE:

Thanks to Seattle1, a reminder that Colorado Court has strict policy that court proceedings including WEBEX cannot be filmed/recorded/rebroadcast or face contempt charges.

It has been awhile since he was in court - I'll shorten this up a bit.

Wednesday, January 12th:
*Status Conference Hearing-Virtual (Voter fraud & Murder) (@ 1pm) - CO – Suzanne Renee Moorman Morphew (49) (missing May 10, 2020, did not return from bike ride (supposedly), Maysville, Chaffee County, not found) - *Barry Lee Morphew (53/now 54) arrested & charged (5/5/21) with 1st degree murder after deliberation, tampering with physical evidence & attempting to influence public servants. And additional charges (5/18/21) of tampering with a deceased human body & possession of a dangerous weapon (short rifle) & amended (5/18/21) to add domestic violence as sentencing enhancement. Plead not guilty. $500K Cash only bond. Bonded out on 9/20/21.
Trial set to begin on 5/3/22 (thru 6/1/22).
*Charged (5/13/21) with felony forgery of public records & misdemeanor elections-mail ballot offense. $1K Bond.
Missing info, Barry’s PP loan & court info from 5/10/21 thru 8/9/21 to 8/24/21 & 9/17/21 (Prelim day 1 to 5) & 11/9/21 & info on his voter fraud from 5/13/21 to 11/9/21 reference post #656 here:
Still Missing - CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #86

11/19/21 Update: Next hearing is scheduled for 12/14/21 at 1pm. Judge hopes it won't take a ton of time. The scheduled time gives them 4 hours. This is to continue this motions hearing about discovery violations. Eytan wishes the remaining witnesses to remain subpoenaed. Also Voter fraud has status conference hearing on 12/14/21. Other motions hearings have been set for 1/24/22, 1/25/22, 2/1/22, hearing on 4/7/22 & pretrial conference hearing on 4/8/22.
12/14/21 Update: The discovery & sanctions hearings took place today. Today’s hearings was presided over by District Judge Patrick Murphy. The last hearing for this case was on Nov. 9 when the defense made claims of “discovery violations” against the prosecution. The prosecution was different today without former lead prosecutor Jeff Lindsey. Lindsey left the jurisdiction, which took him off the case. Defense filed a motion to the court to dismiss the Judge Patrick Murphy on this case. Morphew's attorneys want Judge Murphy disqualified because of his lifetime relationship with lawyers representing Morphew's girlfriend, who was accused of trespassing at the Morphew's home earlier this fall. Shoshona Darke said she was merely picking up a FedEx package. Pertaining to Colorado law the court cannot continue with the hearing that was set today until the decision to disqualify the judge is made. The judge himself will rule on whether he will stay on the case or not. The judge says he has not had enough time to read the motion & consider the legal authority to decide today. The prosecution filed a response. The hearing for today is suspended. On 1/11/22 at 4pm the Judge will make a ruling on if he will be disqualified from the case or not. And status conference hearing re voter fraud at 4:30pm. 1/11/22 motion hearing has been change to status hearing @ 4:30pm Virtual.
12/14/21: Judge's response to motion (Motion to Disqualify Judge Patrick Murphy (D-55)) seeks to disqualify this judge from hearing this case. Because of the late filing, the Court has not had the ability to analyze, in any meaningful way, the Motion or the legal authority that supports the Motion. However, the Court disagrees with the defense position that the filing of the Motion alone requires disqualification. At this point, without further analysis & research, the Court is unable to determine if the situation as described in the affidavits requires disqualification. The Court declines to make substantial decisions such as this on the fly & without adequate time to analyze & research the argument & the legal authority that supports, or doesn't support, the argument. The Court will hear from the parties regarding any additional filings on this particular issue & will need to confirm with the prosecution that Shoshona Darke is a potential witness in this case. In an effort to be as transparent as possible, the Court will also put on the record the Court's relationship with attorney Sean McDermott as it is that relationship that forms the basis of the Motion.
12/29/21 Update: The prosecution has dismissed the trespassing charge against Darke the alleged girlfriend of Morphew. The victim did want to prosecute the charge but after closer review of the case law the people don’t believe there’s a reasonable likelihood of conviction.
12/30/21 Update: Order re: Defense Motion to Disqualify Chafee County District Court Judge Patrick Murphy (D-55)-The court hereby grants the motion & disqualifies itself from any further participation in this case or in the determination of the replacement judge. The District Administrator will contact Chief Justice Boatwright in order to determine a replacement judge.
link here:
https://www.courts.state.co.us/user...Chaffee/cases of interest/21CR78/4855_001.pdf

1/5/22 Update: Supreme Court Order appointing Judge Ramsey L. Lama (of the 11th District) to People v. Morphew by Chief Justice Brian D. Boatwright. Morphew will have the motions hearing in person with Judge Ramsey Lama on 1/24/22 at 8am. 1/7/22 Update: Murder case will not be heard on 1/11/22 only the voter fraud charge & will be virtual.
1/7/22 Update: The murder & voter fraud charges have been rescheduled for a status hearing on 1/12/22 @ 1pm.

Got the timeline on page one!

December 1999 – Barry and Suzanne Purchase 26040 Cal Carson Rd, Arcadia, IN

Private, Gated Estate Home on 10 Acres!

November 2013 – Suzanne Inherits $208,000 upon the Passing of her Mother.
Melinda Baumunk provided documents that Suzanne inherited approximately $208,000 in 2013 at the passing of her mother. She inherited another approximate $217,000 when her grandmother passed away in 2016.

August 2016 – Suzanne inherits $217,000 upon the death of a grandmother.
Suzanne’s grievance list included multiple references to Barry controlling the finances.

April 12, 2018 – The Morphew’s Purchase 19057 Puma Path
Barry and Suzanne Morphew purchase 19057 Puma Path for $1,575,000.

June 1, 2018 – The Morphews move to Colorado. (PH – Harris)
SA Harris: Yeah, they moved in 2018. I believe they left around June 1st, 2018 to move to Colorado.

September 2018 – Suzanne sends “Howdy stranger” message to Libler
First contact since high school.

Fall 2018 – Libler’s daughter sees messages from Suzanne on his phone.
Libler breaks it off. (Defense disputes with many phone calls on reports.)

Thanksgiving 2018 – Barry obsessive/possessive.
While Suzanne was at the Oliver’s house, she had stepped away from her cell phone to use the restroom, and Barry tried calling her several times within a few minutes, then tried calling SO, then tried calling DO.

Holidays 2018 – Suzanne finds Libler’s LinkedIn Page.
Relationship Rekindled

January 2019 – The Mexico trip where Barry took Suzanne’s phone
Mexico trip mentioned in the grievances list where Barry took Suzanne's phone.

February 2019 – Suzanne in New Orleans with Libler
Barry admitted to questioning Suzanne about the New Orleans trip, further evidence he suspected the affair.

April 2019 – Suzanne meets up with Libler in Indiana
She does not see SO on this trip.

July 2019 – Suzanne and Libler meet up in Michigan
Barry called SO while Suzanne was in MI visiting her father/JL, wanting to know why Suzanne wasn't returning his calls.

September 2019 – Barry stalks Suzanne and Shelia Oliver, creeping through woods.
Barry stalked Suzanne and SO at the Puma Path house in September 2019.

October 2019 – Libler and Suzanne in Dallas
Suzanne and JL spend two nights at the Galleria.

September – November 2019 – Barry aggressively pursues KW around Salida.
From the first time KW met Barry, she said it felt like "he was putting his tentacles out."

Holidays 2019 – Suzanne and JL stop talking on the phone because she is afraid Barry will find out.
They shift to more covert ways to communicate. Barry's second device makes its first appearance.

January 2020 – Suzanne in Florida, gets spy pen, sees JL
Suzanne in Florida, SO gives her the spy pen during this trip. Suzanne records a conversation with JL on this trip.

March 2020 – Spy pen records argument between Suzanne and Barry. “It’s money. It’s about money.”
“… I have lived for years being told how I should feel, how I should act, how I should look, what I should drink, what I shouldn’t drink, what I should put in my body, what I shouldn’t put in my body … ”

March 20, 2020 – Jekyll and Hyde text exchange between Suzanne and SO, MM2 suggests restraining order.
"It’s Jekyl and Hyde again … Pretty much told him I can’t be healthy and stay in this."

March 22, 2020 – Spy pen records Barry listening to Forensic Files episodes, call with Suzanne on drive to Pueblo
Coincidentally one of the episodes involved a woman "disappearing" after a bike ride.

April 21, 2020 – Messages between Suzanne and Libler
“I want to be with you,” “I can only be me with you,” I love you,” “I need you.” “You know I was born to love you.”

May 4, 2020 16:05 – Barry makes 3 second outgoing call to Suzanne
This was the first logged call in Barry’s phone to or from Suzanne since February 7, 2020.

May 5, 2020 – Suzanne drives MM2 to Gunnison
Suzanne drives Macy to Gunnison, CO to meet Mallory for a road/camping trip through Utah and Idaho with Mallory's best friend.

May 6, 08:44 – Suzanne sends MM2 a text
“Good morning! I miss you already!”

May 6, 10:13 – Suzanne: “I’m done. I could care less what you’re up to and have been for years.”
From 14:43 to 17:00 Barry replied, “When I’m dead,” “Going to see my savior,” and “This life on earth is a mear (sic) grain of sand compared to eternity.”

May 07, 2020 – Suzanne messages JL about how magical past days had been. Barry wants a new truck.
16:43 - “Been studying all afternoon. I’m gonna bike now. I’ve got veggie soup on for supper.”

May 08, 07:03 – Suzanne’s phone backs up a list of 50 reasons why she wanted to leave marriage on “Notes”
Not safe alone with you. Can’t be trusted - Oppressive - Slam on brakes when angry - Threaten to jump out of car - Gun

May 08, 08:43 – “I will continue to do your invoicing when you need to.”
"When FBI Agents showed Barry these texts during interviews in 2021, he said he did not think Suzanne was serious."

May 08, 09:28 – Suzanne texts sister about Barry’s abuse.
“It’s hard dealing with the harsh abrasiveness and having to show respect. He’s also been abusive, emotionally and physically. There’s so much … I went thru a period of acceptance and I feel more angry now. Anger at what I’ve allowed.”

May 08, 10:55 Barry: “I Love You, Suzanne.”
“But, in the afternoon, it (the text fight) was like it never happened. She texted me back and it was just like, ‘Hey, what time are you coming home? Hey, this or that. Just pick this up or pick that up.'”

May 08, 13:18 – Barry texts Salida Stove and Spa about getting the hot tub fixed.
"Asking when he could come out to the home."

May 08, 15:43 – Barry’s iPhone receives an SMS message associated with the unknown device
This second device was first used on November 30,2019 and was associated with Barry’s iPhone 91 times since then, compared to 1,701 associations with the primary User ID since November 2019.

May 8, 19:06 – Moonlight Pizza and Phone Calls
Barry said he thinks that call was him telling GM to tell his son () that all the money was paid back.

May 08, 21:04 – 20 Facebook friend requests, 3 men named “Jeff.” Barry’s lurking at the River.
Barry was asked about his phone pinging down by the river during the Facebook posts on Friday night and asked if he was outside. Barry said, “I could have been. I don’t remember. I chase critters around the house all the time.”

May 09, 00:02 – Incoming call on Suzanne’s phone (PH CAST)
Incoming call on Suzanne’s phone (PH CAST)

May 09, 02:07 – Outgoing call on Suzanne’s phone (PH CAST)
02:07 am outgoing call on SM’s phone (PH CAST)

May 09, 06:00 – Barry’s phone received call (PH CAST)
06:00 am BM’s phone received call (PH CAST)

May 09, 06:46 – Barry’s phone registered “Power On”
Comes out of Airplane mode.

May 09, 07:19 – Barry’s cell received signal (PH)
Barry’s cell received signal (PH)

May 09, 07:22 – 07:39 – Barry at “Tailwinds” worksite
Barry’s phone registered locations at his “Tailwinds” work site near Poncha Springs.

May 09, 07:35 – Suzanne texting Sheila Oliver
Discussing SO's daughters wedding on Sunday.

May 09, 08:00 – Morgan Gentile was with Barry working on the rock beach site until 11am.
Gentile: “He said that he had to go make the wife happy – do some hiking or biking.”

May 9 – Morning – Suzanne messaging Jeff
“He’s still wanting Arizona.”

May 09, 09:50 – Barry to Suzanne: Want to go on hike? *Text Exchange*
Barry to Suzanne: Want to go on hike?

May 9, 2020 – 11:14 – Suzanne received a second password reset message from Facebook
Previous reset was while Barry was down by the river on the evening of the 8th.

May 09, 11:15 est. – Barry tells MG he could “bury a body” and it “would never be found.”
MG: “He seemed stressed. He definitely seemed weird on Saturday.”

May 09, 11:55 – Dead Turkey Hunt or Barry Takes Down His Trail Cameras
Barry said he was looking for a turkey that MM1 had shot previously with a bow, but they had never found.

May 09, 13:35 – Barry leaves home again.
Checked on job at Kim Gyms

May 9, 13:40(?) – Suzanne texts Libler
Guess who is alone again?

May 09, 13:46 – Barry and the backhoe
After texting, Barry drove by TK's house to see the backhoe, but did not get back in touch to buy it. In 2018, Barry used a backhoe to dig a large hole in his front yard, fill it with items to include furniture, and cover it over, planting alfalfa on top.

May 09, 13:51 – 14:13 – Barry at DSI, replacing Bobcat blade
He was wearing a blue t-shirt and khaki shorts.

May 09, 14:03 – Suzanne sends sunbathing pic to JL, last proof of life.
“Well, look at her. She’s obviously drunk. Look at her eyes. Do you know what drunk eyes look like?”

May 09, 14:11 – Suzanne sends last LinkedIn message to JL: “I’m on wa.”
JL sent response messages at 2:39PM, 2:46PM and 2:47PM that Suzanne did not answer.

May 09, 14:26 – Barry texts Suzanne, “Done headed back.”
He texted Suzanne that he was done and was headed home.

May 09, 14:31 – Barry texted Suzanne, “Did you leave.”
At 2:31 PM, Barry texted Suzanne, “Did you leave.”

May 09, 14:39 – Libler messages Suzanne, she does not respond. First unread.
Messages from LinkedIn show they were talking about how Suzanne is in love with Jeff before she went missing.

May 09, 14:43 – Barry’s phone and F-350, per telematics, arrive at the Morphew residence.
"The photo is shown in the courtroom, Suzanne smiling. Truck GPS coordinates show Barry’s truck goes into park at 2:43:59. Phone coordinates show he walks around the house. You can hear a pin drop in the courtroom as tension is high." - Carol McKinley, PH Tweet

May 09, 14:44 – Shooting Chipmunks? Barry had a .22 in the moments when Suzanne ceased the communicate with everyone she loved in the world.
Shooting Chipmunks? Barry had a .22 in the moments when Suzanne ceased the communicate with everyone she loved in the world.

May 09, 14:46 – Libler messages: “Hey … your weather looks great” Second unread.
No response from Suzanne.

May 09, 14:47 – JL sends another messages to Suzanne with no response. Third unread.
JL sends last message if the day to Suzanne with no response.

May 09, 16:00 – 17:30 – Defense says Barry was at Salida Stove and Spa
Salida Stove and Spa's posted hours have the store closing at 2pm on Saturday. Telematics show Barry's truck in his garage during the time he was supposedly at Salida Stove and Spa.

May 09, 16:44 – Barry parks his truck in the garage.
Barry claims to have been loading his truck and cleaning off his workbench.

May 09, 17:33 – Barry’s truck system manually rebooted
Barry attempted to disable the trucks GPS and SYNC features.

May 09, 18:40, 18:46 – SO sends two Snapchats to Suzanne that were never opened
SO sends two Snapchats to Suzanne that were never opened

May 09, 21:25 – Barry’s truck goes into reverse, backs 96.8 feet down driveway
Barry backs 96 feet out of the garage.

May 09, 22:17 – Barry’s Phone Exits out of Airplane Mode
Barry's phone comes out of airplane mode at the Morphew residence.

May 10, 02:53 – Outgoing call on Suzanne’s phone
Possible glitch.

May 10, 03:25 – 03:48 – Barry’s truck door opened and closed
"SA Hoyland noted over eighty events involving the F350 during this timeframe."

May 10, 03:58 – Barry’s phone moves from home to near where Suzanne’s bike found
3:58 am BM cell moves from home to near 225/50 where bike found

May 10, 04:10 – 04:23 – Last Activity from Suzanne’s iPhone
Sergeant Mullenax asked dispatch to ping the number given for Suzanne’s cell phone. Dispatch informed Mullenax that the cell phone appeared to be off and last known activity was at 4:23AM on the present date, with a general location about 11.5 miles west of a cell tower in Poncha Springs, CO.

May 10, 04:32 – Barry’s Phone Goes Back into Airplane Mode
Barry's Phone Goes Back into Airplane Mode

May 10, 04:32 – 05:14 – Chasing Elk, or Staging Evidence?
Barry's trip to Garfield adds an approximate five miles each way to his morning trip, and places Barry and his vehicle in the direction the helmet was discarded - west from the bicycle.

May 10, 05:00 – Morgan Gentile Hears Barry’s Truck on Hwy 50
Gentile stated she did not see the truck but that his truck has a very distinctive exhaust.

May 10, 05:14 – 06:56 – Barry on the road to Broomfield.
Barry phone exits airplane mode while heading towards Buena Vista, CO.

May 10, 08:10 – Trash Dump #1 – RTD Bus Stop Hwy 36
"Barry was shown a photo of the RTD stop and asked about it. Barry said he pulled over there to GPS the job site. There was a trash can right there and he just took stuff out of this truck."

May 10, 08:14 – 08:20 Holiday Inn Express, Broomfield. Trash Dump #2
Barry said he was just waiting for someone to come out of the door and go in and get a free breakfast.

May 10, 08:41 – 08:46 – “I made it to Broomfield call me when you get a chance”
Barry texts Suzanne.

May 10, 08:46 – Barry carries items into the Holiday Inn Express
“If there’s clothes in my truck, there was probably old clothes I threw away.”

May 10, 10:06 – Barry exits hotel room.
He's carrying a charcoal long-sleeved shirt, two white bags, and a pair of boots.

May 10, 10:20 – 10:41 – McDonald’s – Trash Dump #3
SA Grusing said Barry had a small item in his hand and used one arm to push it down, then both to push it further down as Barry was shown the photos.

May 10, 10:47 – 11:18 – Men’s Wearhouse Trash Dump #4
Barry was told he was there for about 40 minutes and asked if he remembered what he was doing there. Barry said, “I think I was still cleaning my truck, umm, yeah, yeah I mean, like I said, I just uh, I would, I was probably getting crap out of my truck like I said, which I’ve done my whole entire life.”

May 10, 11:18 – Barry calls MG
"Barry called he was out of breathe (sic) panting but fatigue, kind a like hungover but he doesn’t drink, honestly when I hung up I thought to myself he sounded like he had the worst night of his life.”

May 10, 11:23 – 11:36 – Barry back at the HIE
Barry carries in disorganized papers in a binder. Carries out an organized binder.

May 10, 11:57 – 12:25 – Barry at the worksite
Barry spent 28 minutes removing a few blocks from the wall.

May 10, 12:28 – 12:41 – HIE Trash Dump #5
A camera recorded Barry throwing away: a small item, one white trash bag, larger in size than the previous bags in one hand, a black container, along with a piece of clothing, possibly a camouflage coat.

May 10, 12:42 – 18:03 – Barry remains in his HIE room.
"At 3:30PM, Barry sent an outgoing message to Suzanne “Call me”"

May 10, 2020 (Time Unknown) – JL wishes Suzanne a Happy Mother’s Day
Commented that it would be a hard day because she missed her own mother.

May 10, 2020 – 15:30 – Barry texts Suzanne from his hotel room.
At 3:30PM, Barry sent an outgoing message to Suzanne “Call me”

May 10, 15:50 – 17:45 – Suzanne is discovered missing
“I’m just so sad and REDCATED and I texted mom for Mother’s Day and she still hasn’t answered and I’m scared her and dad probably got in a big fight and I don’t even know it just made me want to be gone even more because I don’t want to be around them it hurts me and I know if REDACTED is working I might have to be home a lot more and it’ll probably...

May 10, 17:55 – 19:10 – Barry leaving Broomfield
6:10 pm - Barry entered the lobby carrying two shovels and placed them beside the front desk. He made subsequent trips, placing more tools in the same spot.

May 10, 19:31 – Chaffee County finds the bike
“Something is up with the front tire,” Deputy Brown

May 10, 20:42 – Barry arrives at CR 255 & US 50
"Barry is heard asking if deputies saw any “cats” on the road and a deputy says not recently."

May 10, 21:37 – CCSO Commander Avila brings Barry into the house for scent items.
Barry does not call out or look for his wife in the home.

May 10, After 21:47 – Barefoot prints in the Bobcat Bucket
Deputy Brown was walking in the driveway when Deputy Defurio told him that there were barefoot marks inside of the bucket on the Bobcat. Deputy Brown went with him to examine and found that the cutting blade on the bucket of the Bobcat appeared to be newly replaced, along with the nuts and bolts.

May 10, 22:00 – Gentile and Puckett smell chlorine and have the wrong tools in Broomfield.
“It looked like Barry had removed top caps that was it. We also did not have the tools we need like a packer or gravel.”

May 11, 2020 – First Interviews, Puma Path Searched
"On May 11, 2020, at about 7:00AM, Barry called MG and said that Suzanne was missing and he thought a mountain lion may have attacked her. MG explained that Barry was initially crying but then abruptly shifted to the specifics about the Broomfield job."

May 11, 2020 – 14:47 – Libler sends last message to Suzanne.
Wishing her well for her scheduled final cancer treatment that day.

May 13, 2020 – Deputy Carricato took photos of scratches on Barry’s left arm.
These injuries appeared to be healing, several days old scratches.

May 13, 2020 – FUNDRAISER created
$33,552 raised

May 17, 2020 – 11:13 – Barry’s “plea” video is released on Facebook.
“Oh Suzanne, if anyone is out there and can hear this, that has you, please, we’ll do whatever it takes to bring you back. We love you, we miss you, your girls need you. No questions asked, however much they want – I will do whatever it takes to get you back. Honey, I love you, I want you back so bad.”

May 19, 2020 – Interviews, Pneu-Darts, Range Rovers
"CCSO Deputy Scott Himschoot was present during the search at 19057 Puma Path, in the laundry room, and was asked to collect a “pneu-dart box, empty,” one plastic hypodermic cover, one Pneu-dart book from safe in garage, one dart from box under bench in garage, among other items. The plastic cover was located by evidence search teams in the dryer, inside of the sheets belonging to REDACTED bed."

May 20, 2020 – Spy Pen found.
"The pen was located in a cloth bin amongst women’s bras. The cloth bin and pen were inside the walk-in closet in the master bedroom, located on the ground level of the residence. Detective Hysjulien located, with the pen, the controller and headphones for playback and a USB cable."

June 1, 2020 – Barry files for guardianship.
Within a month of Suzanne’s disappearance, Barry began to liquidate their assets.

June 6, 2020 – Barry closes on IN home.
Pockets $750,000

June 25, 2020 – Barry purchases the Longhorn Ranch property for $165,000
Property Address 8366 LONGHORN DR

July 13, 2020 – Barry sells Suzanne’s Range Rover.
Leaves Suzanne's sunglasses in the car.

Aug 20, 2020 – Lauren Scharf Interviews Barry
“People don’t know the truth, so they’re gonna think what they’re gonna think.”

February 17, 2021 – Barry Sells Longhorn Ranch property for $150,000
A $15,000 loss. Same property sold on 04/21/2021 for $175,000, indicating Barry needed the money fast.

March 3, 2021 – 19057 Puma Path sells for $1,625,000.
Barry and Suzanne Morphew purchased the home on April 12, 2018 for $1,575,000.

It's Court Day and @Tiff23fr gifted us with a shiny new thread!

Last edited:
Barry's docket. 1 pm mountain time today.
View attachment 329695
Colorado Judicial Branch - Court Docket Search

Anybody know which of the area reporters are logging onto the WebEx?
Dang, I didn't realize it was a virtual appearance. I'm thinking that no reporters will be invited to attend. Per the expanded media coverage ruling:
upload_2022-1-12_11-53-24.png
Since it is a status hearing, I'm guessing no outside party will be invited to attend? I really hope that is incorrect...

I also don't see a virtual courtroom for Judge Lama.

Maybe a family member will let reporter LS know what happens, if she cannot report it firsthand.

Merde

Barry's docket. 1 pm mountain time today.
View attachment 329695
Colorado Judicial Branch - Court Docket Search

Anybody know which of the area reporters are logging onto the WebEx?
So
Dang, I didn't realize it was a virtual appearance. I'm thinking that no reporters will be invited to attend. Per the expanded media coverage ruling:
View attachment 329696
Since it is a status hearing, I'm guessing no outside party will be invited to attend? I really hope that is incorrect...

I also don't see a virtual courtroom for Judge Lama.

Maybe a family member will let reporter LS know what happens, if she cannot report it firsthand.

Merde
Fremont County has Judge Lama-would it be done virtually through that court?

So

Fremont County has Judge Lama-would it be done virtually through that court?
Since it's a status conference and virtual I'm assuming the judge could just handle from his office. If he is actually in a courtroom the process is open to the public by virtue of courtrooms being open to the public, but status conferences can simply be meetings of all involved and held in the judges office/chambers if in personand then not open to the public. I'm assuming this one is not going to be open to the public and is just a webx meeting with the all the parties.

@Seattle1 your post #951 on Thread #88 is an excellent argument that Class 1 Felonies like Murder in the First Degree should be considered "capital offenses" for purposes of Colorado Constitution Article II, Section 19 (a)'s exception to the right to bail. I am inclined to believe it will be the prevailing argument when the question is raised. Judge Murphy's handling of the eligibility issue certainly suggests he agrees with you on this.

But respectfully, you have not addressed the question that we started with, which is: "What if any bail standards apply after a judge determines that a capital murder suspect is eligible for bail under the terms of Section 19(a), because he cannot find 'the proof is evident or the presumption great' that the defendant committed the capital offense.

I proposed that once Judge Murphy decided BM was eligible for bail, the defendant was no longer subject to the Constitutional exemption to the right to bail. The judge was therefore constrained by the terms of the bail statute.

You seemed to believe that proposition was contrary to the law. I am still trying to understand why.

Thanks, as always, for engaging on this.

@jakat - I am so so sorry for your loss! Wish I had the right words to help you feel better. Please accept my sincere condolences. I am thinking of you!!!! Please let me know if there is anything I can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member