UK - Prince Andrew accused of underage sexual relationship, 1999 - 2002

Status
Not open for further replies.
Queen removes Prince Andrew's military roles, patronages

More than 150 navy and army veterans had written to the queen asking her to strip Andrew of all his military ranks and titles after a U.S. judge said Wednesday a sex assault lawsuit against Andrew could go ahead.

In a joint letter issued by the group Republic, they said Andrew had “brought the services he is associated into disrepute.”

The palace said in a brief statement that “with the queen’s approval and agreement, the Duke of York’s military affiliations and royal patronages have been returned to the queen."

“The Duke of York will continue not to undertake any public duties and is defending this case as a private citizen," the statement added.

Agree. PA and The Crown will want to detach, the sooner the better.

They have effectively separated The Crown from PA.
Stripping his titles has happened to protect 'The Crown' in order that it survives.
Ruthlessness as always to ensure future generations continue, shove him in a corner and hope everyone forgets about him.
He's still a Prince, Duke whatever and still will be able to live a life of privilege.
This irks me, but then again I'm a republican - (Not a Royalist)

Last edited:
Prince Andrew's legal bill over sex abuse claim could hit $6m

Mitchell Epner, a lawyer with the New York firm Rottenberg Lipman Rich, told The Times that Andrew would need to spend up to $2.5m on lawyers alone – before any final trial preparation.

He added: “I would expect the full budget to take the case through trial to be $4m to $6m, depending on how big of a legal team he assembles.”

cfc596e0-7463-11ec-9fb5-d7327b13054c

The front page of a 46-page document of the written ruling from judge Lewis A Kaplan that Prince Andrew will face a civil sex case trial.

Prince Andrew's legal bill over sex abuse claim could hit $6m

Mitchell Epner, a lawyer with the New York firm Rottenberg Lipman Rich, told The Times that Andrew would need to spend up to $2.5m on lawyers alone – before any final trial preparation.

He added: “I would expect the full budget to take the case through trial to be $4m to $6m, depending on how big of a legal team he assembles.”

cfc596e0-7463-11ec-9fb5-d7327b13054c

The front page of a 46-page document of the written ruling from judge Lewis A Kaplan that Prince Andrew will face a civil sex case trial.
Recent rulings and judgements like Judge Kaplan's are an immense aid in healing for SA victims. In my generation of young women, SA was the norm. It was overlooked, ignored, allowed in schools, workplaces, social events, even in private homes. (I was born in 1945) These recent court rulings additionally soothe the women of the 60's to 80's who silently suffered. I believe this is a move forward for the UK, the US and, maybe soon, for the world. (Oh good grief, forgive me for climbing upon a soapbox).

“The fact that the Palace is now describing him as a private citizen in respect of his court case tells us he has well and truly been chucked under the royal bus, yet the royal family cannot escape the immense damage that will increase as the American court case progresses. Can he now even stay as Duke of York, or having been marched up that hill by the Queen, will he be marched down again?”

Prince Andrew loses military roles and use of HRH title

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member