Recovered/Located WV - Elizabeth Randolph, 64, health issues, left Moundsville to Morgantown, 14 Jan 2022

imstilla.grandma

Believer of Miracles
Reaction score
Elizabeth Randolph, 64, of Morgantown, left the Moundsville area Friday, January 14 at approximately 1 p.m. heading back to Morgantown via Route 2 South. She has not been seen since.
Elizabeth-Randolph.jpg

Randolph is blonde, 5’3″, approximately 160 lbs.

She was driving her 2003 Blue Subaru Legacy, West Virginia plate 42W436.

She has health issues that require regular medication.

If you have any information, please contact the Moundsville Police Department at 304-845-1611, who are leading the investigation with assistance of the Morgantown Police Department. You can also contact Morgantown PD at 304-284-7522.
West Virginia woman leaves Moundsville; reported missing | WTRF

Elizabeth Randolph, 64, of Morgantown, left the Moundsville area Friday, January 14 at approximately 1 p.m. heading back to Morgantown via Route 2 South. She has not been seen since.
Elizabeth-Randolph.jpg

If you have any information, please contact the Moundsville Police Department at 304-845-1611, who are leading the investigation with assistance of the Morgantown Police Department. You can also contact Morgantown PD at 304-284-7522.

imstilla.grandma, post: 17390287, member: 226068"]Elizabeth Randolph, 64, of Morgantown, left the Moundsville
area Friday, January 14 at approximately 1 p.m. heading back to Morgantown via Route 2 South. She has not been
seen since.
Elizabeth-Randolph.jpg

[/QUOTE]

Is this she?

Elizabeth Randolph - Marshall, West Virginia 01/14/2022 Arrest Mugshot

If the 'missing' report is accurate, she had the arrest episode BEFORE she went missing (3:45 AM vs. 1 PM). Was she released at 1 and was not seen after that? More detail would be helpful....

Various (non-LE and non-MSM) sites indicate that subject is (or was - possibly retired) an attorney in PA for over 40 years (Glen Mills, P'burg). Stated trip is only about 70 miles, with lots of 'minor road' miles.

Her daughter, Haley, said she last heard from her mom on Wednesday. Multiple texts on Thursday went unanswered, as did a call on Friday morning. Haley said she talks with her mom most days.
Police searching for two missing persons

Sounds like family may not be aware of her encounter w/LE - either that or they just don't want it 'out.' Would LE not tell them, or would that violate her privacy rights? Seems that LE was last to see her - proby as she was leaving their facility.

Sounds like family may not be aware of her encounter w/LE - either that or they just don't want it 'out.' Would LE not tell them, or would that violate her privacy rights? Seems that LE was last to see her - proby as she was leaving their facility.
Shame is one of the most humiliating and self-hating emotions one can experience. Shame is dangerous…

Shame is one of the most humiliating and self-hating emotions one can experience. Shame is dangerous…

Seems to me that those who saw her at 1 PM should be treated as material witnesses (? IANAE) and identified -- WHO saw her, exactly WHERE (on Rt. 2) and under what circumstances. Did local LE hold her for 9 hours w/o her meds and then send her on her way? What was her condition when released -- should she have gotten medical assistance? Did they let her go just to get rid of her (were they afraid of her and her 40 years of lawyering)?

Fact that friends/dtr had no idea why she might be there, or was planning to be there, indicates she may have had some prior medical event and was acting irrationally.

JMOO - YMMV

The family and friends of Elizabeth Randolph of Morgantown request your assistance in locating her by sharing the information with everyone you know. It has been distributed to all 6 area TV stations, WCLG, WAJR and The Dominion Post.
Elizabeth Randolph, 64, of Morgantown, left the Moundsville area Friday Jan 14th at approximately 1 pm heading back to Morgantown via Rt 2 South. She has not been seen since. Randolph is blonde, 5'3", approximately 160 lbs.
She was driving her 2003 Blue Subaru Legacy WV plate 42W436. She has health issues that require regular medication.
Anyone with information please contact Moundsville Police 304-845-1611 who are leading the investigation with assistance of Morgantown Police 304-284-7522
Suncrest Neighborhood Association

I’m so worried about Liz. Many of her friends are posting on social media, she is definitely loved.

I looked up public intoxication in WV: WV Code § 60-6-9
Note:
(c) Once a warrant or summons has been issued, the following actions may be taken:

(1) If the individual is no longer incapacitated, he or she may be released;

(2) If the individual is still incapacitated but a nonintoxicated person is available to accept responsibility for him or her, he or she may be released to the responsible person; or

(3) If the individual is still incapacitated and no responsible person is available, the judicial officer shall proceed under §27-5-1 et seq. and §27-6A-1 et seq. of this code.

Do we know if they actually released her or did they evaluate her and determine she was still incapacitated and, therefore, proceeded under section 27 5/6 which is essentially putting her on a psych hold?

Reactions: ?!?
Moundsville via Route 2 South to Morgantown:
Google Maps

Considering/imagining her state of mind upon release when she might be the most upset - I’m a bit worried about the Monongahela River running along the Moundsville area of Route 2 South entrance.

Googling for bodies found in this river around Morgantown wasn’t good news. So many…

Last edited:
I’m so worried about Liz. Many of her friends are posting on social media, she is definitely loved.

I looked up public intoxication in WV: WV Code § 60-6-9
Note:
(c) Once a warrant or summons has been issued, the following actions may be taken:

(1) If the individual is no longer incapacitated, he or she may be released;

(2) If the individual is still incapacitated but a nonintoxicated person is available to accept responsibility for him or her, he or she may be released to the responsible person; or

(3) If the individual is still incapacitated and no responsible person is available, the judicial officer shall proceed under §27-5-1 et seq. and §27-6A-1 et seq. of this code.

Do we know if they actually released her or did they evaluate her and determine she was still incapacitated and, therefore, proceeded under section 27 5/6 which is essentially putting her on a psych hold?

Seems to (non-expert) me that 'psych hold' would be counter to them reporting her headed south on Rt. 2....although they COULD have had her assessed and determined she was OK to go....

Seems to (non-expert) me that 'psych hold' would be counter to them reporting her headed south on Rt. 2....although they COULD have had her assessed and determined she was OK to go....
I wish we knew where the Rt 2 south info came from. We don’t know if she was seen on rt. 2 or if it was assumed that was the route she took. Also why travel south when her destination was north/east?

I wish we knew where the Rt 2 south info came from. We don’t know if she was seen on rt. 2 or if it was assumed that was the route she took. Also why travel south when her destination was north/east?
I’ve been trying to find the exact directions. My thinking is she went WV2 Southbound to mile marker 123 at I79 Bridgeport (rest stop) and then connected to I79 North to Morgantown.

Mile Marker 123 South today:
upload_2022-1-18_10-59-20.jpeg
Northern WV I-79 Traffic and Road Conditions

A lady was sleeping in a car, parked at a gas station. Officers went to check on her. Upon evaluating her, they called the Emergency Medical Services to come and assess her.

She was not very responsive. They believed possibly she had been drinking.

They arrested Elizabeth Randolph, 64, and took her to the Regional Jail. There she was assessed by a nurse and released the next day.
CHIEF TOM MITCHELL, MOUNDSVILLE POLICE
And I actually, personally spoke with her. It’s hard to assess somebody’s functionality but there’s a few questions that you ask. I asked her those questions and she knew the answers to them.

We were trying to contact people from Morgantown, where she was from, and were unsuccessful. But we left messages.

She bought a pop with her credit card and was off.

It was only after this that Chief Mitchell says family members then finally called back his office. Since that moment, the Police Department filed Randolph as a missing person with the National Crime Information Center in hopes of finding her safe.

But for Randolph’s case, Police are tracking her card and E-ZPass. And the Moundsville Police are not giving up.
Moundsville Police continue search for missing woman after being arrested | WTRF

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back