Identified! AR - El Dorado, Whitehall Motel, WhtFem 18-21, 81UFAR, Jul'91 #4 - Kelly from VA

Cubby

fly the W!
Reaction score
81UFAR

Vital Statistics

• Estimated age: 18-21 years old
  • Approximate Height and Weight: 5'11"; 150-160 lbs.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: Brown hair at the time of her death; however, it had been previously dyed blonde, as the photos above attest. She had blue eyes. She had a small birthmark or scar beneath her left breast; she also had freckles. 3 piercings in right ear and approximately 2 in left ear.
  • Clothing: 1 pair white ankle socks, 1 pair acid washed blue jeans, 1 black belt, and white T-shirt. 1 pair white tennis shoes. A gold-colored, chain type bracelet present on right arm.
  • Dentals: Available. #11 shifted buccally and #27 shifted lingually.
  • Fingerprints: Available
  • DNA: Available in CODIS
  • AKA: Cheryl Ann Wick, Shannon Wiley, Kelly Carr, Mercedes

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, that is an interesting theory Sloane. It appears Jacenthia is associated with a Tyrone too from this public record: FamilySearch

I wonder if she had a grandmother who lived in Fresno?

The Tyrone who is associated with Jacenthia Ann Robinson is Jacenthia's son. I haven't been able to figure out the names of Jacenthia's grandmothers.

Welcome to websleuths! Thanks for posting and caring about EDJD.

I have been thinking the Blevins angle is a real possibility with the family resemblance in some of the pictures and the genealogy work done by members here. So that’s really interesting to have an MP with that name. Do you know if she’s from that same Blevins family?

I don’t think she looks much like EDJD but it’s still something to look into.

For someone new to this case, will someone please offer a quick recap of who/what/where the Blevins name comes into this particular case and why it caught your interest?

Last edited:
For someone new to this case, will someone please offer a quick recap of who/what/where the Blevins name comes into this particular case and why it caught your interest?
A Blevins lady married a son of Wood/ Carter (EDJD's grandparents) and some people think she looks like EDJD. The son (of Wood/ Carter) would be her uncle or father.
It's already been determined this is her bio-father's family only, so I don't know why people are wasting their time.

A Blevins lady married a son of Wood/ Carter (EDJD's grandparents) and some people think she looks like EDJD. The son (of Wood/ Carter) would be her uncle or father.
It's already been determined this is her bio-father's family only, so I don't know why people are wasting their time.

I get where you're coming from, but I gather the Blevins are garnering so much attention is because of the resemblance EDJD has to some of the women in that line.

I get where you're coming from, but I gather the Blevins are garnering so much attention is because of the resemblance EDJD has to some of the women in that line.

It really is quite uncanny,but didn't dna rule it out?

It really is quite uncanny,but didn't dna rule it out?
DNA showed us that edjd isn't related to Estella Blevins' grandson... But for eg. If the grandson is related to EB on his father's side, there is a possibility that the grandson was fathered by someone else ie. not EBs son. This is just a possibility, I don't want to ruffle any feathers, but this is one of the reasons that people still think there is a chance. Another very remote possibility is that the grandson fudged the test for some reason or another *shrug*

RBBM
I don't find the real Cheryl's statement odd at all.

The phrasing in the article is a little awkward but to me it reads the police found an identification card with Mercedes picture and Cheryl Ann Wick's name. When I was 18 I was able to get a "replacement driver's license" with no type of documentation at all. The license was my photo with my cousin's name and information. This was in the 80's.

As for missing the social security card, I wouldn't notice it until I had to actually present it to someone. Even now, how many times a year do you have to present your SS card And if I couldn't find it, I would have thought I misplaced it.

With a picture ID and a social security card EDJD would have "legitimate" documentation to open accounts, work, apply for governmental assistance,etc. With those two documents she could get whatever she needed.
I feel that it's completely fishy=I believe she either sold her the ID and SS card to her, or loaned them to her.

I feel that it's completely fishy=I believe she either sold her the ID and SS card to her, or loaned them to her.
Friends bought fake IDs as teens. We had no idea who they came from, initially. There was just a guy on campus who bought and sold IDs to whoever. People steal IDs just like they steal credit cards. IMO, it's not fishy on Cheryl's behalf. It's just one of those things. Since police located the real Cheryl, vetted her, and she has been forthcoming, it's probably safe to say that lead has been investigated.

Friends bought fake IDs as teens. We had no idea who they came from, initially. There was just a guy on campus who bought and sold IDs to whoever. People steal IDs just like they steal credit cards. IMO, it's not fishy on Cheryl's behalf. It's just one of those things. Since police located the real Cheryl, vetted her, and she has been forthcoming, it's probably safe to say that lead has been investigated.

What lead?LE already had their suspect and he was later convicted so it's likely they wouldn't have investigated it all that much.

Pretty sure @Gameman was referring to EDJD's fake ID. It was a real stolen ID, it's rightful owner did not know who EDJD was or how she got her ID.

I'm just saying I doubt they investigated that rightful owner any further. She had already told them that she didn't know or remember all the girls she had worked with so it would probably be hard to prove otherwise.

With all the military bases in the area of the Wood family it's possible EDJD's mother could have been in the military or a military wife.
That could explain a lot if she was moved around from place to place as a child. It could be why no one really got to know her or remembers her.

With all the military bases in the area of the Wood family it's possible EDJD's mother could have been in the military or a military wife.
That could explain a lot if she was moved around from place to place as a child. It could be why no one really got to know her or remembers her.

You bring up a good point. Were any of EDJD's possible fathers in the military around the time she might have been conceived? I know three people whose mothers lived in a military town and got pregnant by servicemen from away. One was put up for adoption, another's parents got married, and the last one's father was stationed elsewhere and left without knowing he'd fathered a child, and was raised by her mother and a stepfather. Her mother could have tracked him down, but chose not to.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back