TX TX - Wharton Co, CR 225, Fem 14-17, UP82601, Skeletal, shirt w/OHANA & Stitch, jewelry, Jun'21

I found This pj set for the shorts on forever 21 and someone else said Kroger but couldn’t find anything to support that online. It’s a white and pink “donut disturb” pj set but obviously she was only wearing the shorts. Lovetree brand is sold at forever 21 also. The closest forever 21 store is in sugarland about 50 miles from where the body was found.

Attachments

• BB8D8666-6C55-4A6C-8D15-A7E6922898BC.jpg
    BB8D8666-6C55-4A6C-8D15-A7E6922898BC.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 35
Just to get some view where she was found. (I took Sugar land as a destination) It's really in the middle of nowhere. I'm also thinking maybe an immigrant, traveling from McAllen to Houston. Just an idea.
There is also a camper parking place (RV Parking Wharton) very nearby where she was found.

upload_2022-1-13_10-44-38.png

And a detail

upload_2022-1-13_10-45-58.png

If LE says she is no match with someone missing from the area, what do they mean with area, I wonder. Teen girl's remains found in secluded area of Wharton County

"Due to the severity of decomposition, the race of the victim is unknown, authorities said."

Oh my. :(

Interesting, that despite being severely decomposed, forensics could pinpoint a range of just 3 years for the age group though...14-17 years is quite specific.

I wonder if many of the age determination is due to bone details, not necessarily skin, or other tissue. <my personal opinion>

But for a better understanding, citing some articles I’ve delved into in the past:

Vitality and wound-age estimation in forensic pathology: review and future prospects

Identifying Methylation Patterns in Dental Pulp Aging: Application to Age-at-Death Estimation in Forensic Anthropology

Baccino, E et al. “Evaluation of seven methods of estimating age at death from mature human skeletal remains.” Journal of forensic sciences vol. 44,5 (1999): 931-6.

Ibrahim SF, Issak M, Bayoumy AA, et al. Cutaneous (tPA) and skeletal (TnI) mRNA as markers of aging in contused wound. J Forensic
Sci. 2016;61:1007–1010.

For people who don't want to look at the pics of the clothes.

A bit of Googling the Love Tree brand jacket is a childs size large. Haven't found a match for the jacket, but I did the label. Adult labels are an upper case serif font. Kids the script font. Hooded jacket might have been a camo type pattern, maybe a rain jacket because it's not very degraded even though its weathered, I can't see any threads of loose fabric. Brass metal zippers, brass snaps to fold over the zipper. Zippered pockets. Doesn't appear to be lined at all but might have been one with a zip in lining that wasn't in it when she put it on.

The shorts are pajama bottoms, there is a ribbon at the front, not a button. To go coffee cups and donuts. Pretty sure they're woven cotton, not flannel, but I can't see any fraying, either way. The pic @AddysMom7610 shared looks really similar.

T-shirt has the remnants of the current Disney apparel logo printed inside the shirt so recently manufactured. Ohana is slightly behind Stitch's head in a font I could only describe as a bubble serif. Can't make out Stitch's pose. On the bottom right there is a script font that looks like maybe it's supposed to be Stitch's autograph. Could have been a yellow, pink, or white originally. Could not find it on a quick Google image search.

The rings look like the stuff teen girls wear to look older.

From the clothing, there's no mention of shoes, I hypothesize that she left her bed to see someone outside. I don't think she was planning to leave the yard when she grabbed that jacket, anyway. Maybe sneak outside to talk to someone on the porch? So I'm pretty sure somebody is missing her, but clearly not in Texas.

For people who don't want to look at the pics of the clothes.

A bit of Googling the Love Tree brand jacket is a childs size large. Haven't found a match for the jacket, but I did the label. Adult labels are an upper case serif font. Kids the script font. Hooded jacket might have been a camo type pattern, maybe a rain jacket because it's not very degraded even though its weathered, I can't see any threads of loose fabric. Brass metal zippers, brass snaps to fold over the zipper. Zippered pockets. Doesn't appear to be lined at all but might have been one with a zip in lining that wasn't in it when she put it on.

The shorts are pajama bottoms, there is a ribbon at the front, not a button. To go coffee cups and donuts. Pretty sure they're woven cotton, not flannel, but I can't see any fraying, either way. The pic @AddysMom7610 shared looks really similar.

T-shirt has the remnants of the current Disney apparel logo printed inside the shirt so recently manufactured. Ohana is slightly behind Stitch's head in a font I could only describe as a bubble serif. Can't make out Stitch's pose. On the bottom right there is a script font that looks like maybe it's supposed to be Stitch's autograph. Could have been a yellow, pink, or white originally. Could not find it on a quick Google image search.

The rings look like the stuff teen girls wear to look older.

From the clothing, there's no mention of shoes, I hypothesize that she left her bed to see someone outside. I don't think she was planning to leave the yard when she grabbed that jacket, anyway. Maybe sneak outside to talk to someone on the porch? So I'm pretty sure somebody is missing her, but clearly not in Texas.

Thanks for the very good description of the clothing. A question: What made you conclude she is not missing from Texas?

It happens more often than one would think, unfortunately. Or doesn’t happen.

I get where you are coming from, but something about sleeping in a Stitch t-shirt and tossing a jacket over pjs feels domestic to me. Not really urban or suburban, but feeling safe enough to stand on your porch at night.

Wharton County, TX is surprisingly rural for being where it is, just west of the Houston metro and landlocked. Looks like farms, lots of farms.

Decomp was at several months, so late winter early spring along the Gulf Coast (anything south of I-10) could get by with only a light jacket. North of I-10 would be cooler at night. Just spitballing where she could have originated from if not Texas.

According to this https://www.tdhca.state.tx.us/housing-center/docs/12-Rural-Farm-Analysis-Farmworker.pdf Wharton is a migrant farm worker county. Can't pin down the seasons, though. Migrants are really closely tracked, though and there should be less of a fear issue in reporting a missing child.

In Wharton County there are a lot of farms. Cotton, corn, grain sorghum, and soybeans are among the chief agricultural products in Wharton County, totaling 188,686.11 acres for the 2016 crop production year.

Looking at the Wharton Sheriff's Office Facebook page there is a lot of undocumented immigrants trafficking and cocaine smuggling going on.

Also from that website. There are 116 sex offenders, 7 were not accounted for/not in compliance during the investigation in August 2021 (posted 14 September 2021).

This is an older but very interesting article about smuggling humans. Maybe this girl was shot to force the parents to work for a cartel or a trafficking ring?

Welcome

What an illegal border crossing, with help from a 'Coyote', did cost in 2015.
ptrgxCoyote2071215.jpg

American drivers and guides are the primary means for smuggling the children and the elderly — immigrants unlikely to survive long walks across harsh terrain — through U.S. ports of entry.

An example
Convicted in May as a coyote working a smuggling corridor in west Texas and New Mexico, Wilson Ivan Melgar-Marin, 34, was a Mexican roofer who illegally crossed the border to live with his wife, Angelica Rojas Medina, a citizen, and their children in El Paso, Texas. Her stepfather ran a human trafficking ring in neighboring Ciudad Juarez, according to federal court documents.

Speaking from federal prison in Mississippi, Melgar-Marin told the Trib that he and his wife became slaves to the organization.

“I was threatened to be killed,” he said, adding that his father-in-law “had us all monitored. He would tell my wife that if she would try to get away, he would take it out on me.”

This is an older but very interesting article about smuggling humans. Maybe this girl was shot to force the parents to work for a cartel or a trafficking ring?

Welcome

What an illegal border crossing, with help from a 'Coyote', did cost in 2015.
ptrgxCoyote2071215.jpg

American drivers and guides are the primary means for smuggling the children and the elderly — immigrants unlikely to survive long walks across harsh terrain — through U.S. ports of entry.

An example
Convicted in May as a coyote working a smuggling corridor in west Texas and New Mexico, Wilson Ivan Melgar-Marin, 34, was a Mexican roofer who illegally crossed the border to live with his wife, Angelica Rojas Medina, a citizen, and their children in El Paso, Texas. Her stepfather ran a human trafficking ring in neighboring Ciudad Juarez, according to federal court documents.

Speaking from federal prison in Mississippi, Melgar-Marin told the Trib that he and his wife became slaves to the organization.

“I was threatened to be killed,” he said, adding that his father-in-law “had us all monitored. He would tell my wife that if she would try to get away, he would take it out on me.”

I'm not saying it's not possible, it just feels wrong with what she's wearing.

Who yanks a child out of bed to use against their parents but tells them to grab a jacket because it's chilly?

Who takes their child on an illegal border crossing in their pajamas and no shoes?

The clothes say this kid stepped out of her home in her PJs on purpose.

From the article above:

“We have been told that DNA testing results will be coming back ... hopefully soon. The remains will be brought back to Wharton County where facial reconstruction will begin with the assistance of the Texas Rangers,” Wharton County Sheriff Shannon Srubar said.

Jane’s badly decomposed body hadn’t been buried, instead she had been left lying in a secluded pasture off CR 225 about two miles south of the CR 216 intersection near Hungerford.

She was petite, 14 to 17 years old, with dark brown or black hair and still wore Disney cartoon shirts. The character Stitch from “Lilo and Stitch” with the word “OHANA” in blue was still visible as well as the images of coffee mugs and donuts on her shorts. She also wore a lightweight Love Tree brand jacket. No shoes were recovered.

There was nothing else. No purse, no identification, no money, nothing.

There are no runaways in Wharton County who have not been accounted for, no nearby missing person cases filed in during the time period which would fit the girl’s description.

The girl suffered multiple gun shot wounds to the head, the only apparent injuries on the body.

Robbery is an unlikely motive as her killer left three gold rings on the girl’s hand. The crime experts say she was killed sometime between September 2020 and March 2021, maybe, that is. No definitive date has been released.

The area where she was found:
ScreenHunter 1251.png

I'm not saying it's not possible, it just feels wrong with what she's wearing.

Who yanks a child out of bed to use against their parents but tells them to grab a jacket because it's chilly?

Who takes their child on an illegal border crossing in their pajamas and no shoes?

The clothes say this kid stepped out of her home in her PJs on purpose.

If you put it like this...I agree. I was more thinking along the lines of her possibly being an undocumented immigrant, stepping out of her home. Or escaping from a place she was kept when she saw a chance. I'm just running some theories around in my head.

From my post upthread, this were my initial thoughts:

No shoes mentioned. How did she ended up there in her pj's, but with a coat and no shoes? Just thinking out loud, about the scenarios. Did she sneaked out of bed, being a runaway, and ran into bad people. Was she taken from the bed, kidnapped? Why bother to put a coat on? Was she asleep and things at home escalated and she fled the scene? The place were she was found doesn't seem a place she would have gone to willingly and without a vehicle.

Thinking about the clothes, this girl seems middle class. I've spent a few hours searching for the exact items but it's tricky, though the brands that repeatedly come up are shops you'd find at a mall. And the jewellery; if she was a migrant maybe - at a stretch - she could have been donated the clothes, but it seems like she is interested in her appearance...

The lack of shoes could be animal activity, or not, but it could be a red herring.

Whatever the story, this is terribly sad.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82
Back