Australia - JS, 32 y.o. man, charged w/ murder of 9 y.o. girl , Mt Wilson, 13 January 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello newbie here. The media is very confusing I've been trying to put things together in my head. None of this is earth shattering but so far this is what I've got.
  • CM had been with KM and JS since Dec 21 on a visit allowed by the custodial grandparents (ie not court ordered visitation)
  • Media says grandmother posted to snapchat on 10 Jan that she was 'struggling'. Maybe just missing CM maybe having a bad feeling for some reason unknown - maybe she'd not spoken to CM for a few days.
  • CM was seen at both Wildenstein and the caravan park in the days prior to her murder, on a ferry with JS and by guests at the caravan park the day before.
  • Police now believe she was staying at the caravan park not Wildenstein when she was murdered hence the declared crime scene,
  • JS spilt his time between an apartment in Leichardt and Wildenstein. Not sure how the Surrey Hills public housing flat where he was arrested fits in. I'm speculating it was KM's primary residence.

Based on the Police press conference, when Deputy Commissioner Hudson (from Investigations & SC ) spoke, & going thru the lead up to the accused being charged with murder:
Does a murder charge get laid if the police say, "we know you're responsible for putting the deceased in the barrel, furthermore we know you're responsible for driving, with that barrel, with the deceased inside, from point a to point b, & we know you left the barrel at point z?"
Or is that "Accessory to murder"?
OR do the Police have more (they were quick (imo), to present a murder charge, once CM was found), maybe from when the accused gave conflicting information, two different stories (Friday, @Penrith Police station), before he was charged/lawyered up.
imo, the police have more, I hope they keep everything as closed as possible, if the accused can say "no comment", it should be the same for LE; it's all very well for the community to "want answers", but not at the cost of justice.
Whomever is responsible, whether it's one person or 5, I hope they get done, 1000 times over.

Last edited:
Nowhere does it mention towing the boat to Five Dock

Police say that, between last Tuesday night and Wednesday morning, JS allegedly murdered CM.

He towed a boat from the Mount Wilson property and tried to dump the schoolgirl’s body in the Hawkesbury River, but was unable to start the vessel.

So he drove his ute to the Colo River, where he allegedly planned to cast CM into the water inside a barrel filled with the sand he had bought from a Bunnings hardware store last Thursday afternoon. But it was all too heavy for him to shift, forcing him to allegedly leave it on the water’s edge.
C M death: J S allegedly attempted a cover-up, with 100kg of sand and an empty barrel

The child is murdered Tues night/Wed morning and he still has her Thursday afternoon when buying sand?

Definitely a sandwich short!
Grrrr it’s not worth the T/O!

53189807-10424423-image-a-1_1642725676415.jpg

they are proper houses, not trailers or caravans, and dotted along the water front,
maybe km was living there?
C M alleged murder raises three key questions as mum of alleged killer defends son | Daily Mail Online

upload_2022-1-22_12-10-33.jpeg
upload_2022-1-22_12-10-59.jpeg

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/national/cm mums-caravan-a-crime-scene-after-missing-girl-found-dead-in-barrel/news-story/b00224f3fa8e482fe1d0a31c7d73e7b6

It's high summer in Australia: official sunset was 8:10pm on that day, but it wouldn't have got truly dark until at least half an hour after that.

How long would it take him to go from the Caravan Park back to the Estate? It would be dark by the time he got back there no? So again why not do it during the day if it was a surprise for KM?

I think the little girl may not have been alive when he left the Caravan Park JMO

CM had been with KM and JS since Dec 21 on a visit allowed by the custodial grandparents (ie not court ordered visitation)

Welcome to the thread,

At this stage, I don't think we are certain of the date that CM arrived for the holiday, these two articles suggest dates later than 21 December. imo

As Christmas passed and school holidays dragged on, missing schoolgirl CM's doting grandmother agreed to let the nine-year-old visit her mother in Sydney.

DM shared a sweet photo just two weeks ago on January 5. With the ocean as a backdrop, C leaned back and kissed her beaming grandmother on the cheek.

Five days later, after CM had already made the trip to NSW to see her mother, DM confessed to a friend she was 'struggling'.

C M disappearance: Inside complicated family history and grandmother's last picture | Daily Mail Online

And ....

She had arrived in Sydney from the Gold Coast, where she was living with her grandparents, just days earlier to spend the school holidays with her mother and the mother's fiancé.
Missing Queensland girl's body found in BARREL after she vanished from Blue Mountains, Mount Wilson | Daily Mail Online

Didn't bother to check what time they are reported/claimed to have left for Wildenstein.
7pm is a very strange time for the 2 of them to be driving their.

Maybe he was meant to be at Wildenstein to do something that day, or even early the next morning.

Again, if he was supposed to do something at Wildenstein that day why leave at 7pm and it would be dark when he arrived? Why take CM with him and not leave her with her mother? After all, it was supposed to be Mum/Daughter time after all the lock downs. Again, my view is Wildenstein is not the crime scene and the Caravan Park is. That makes more sense in his leaving at 7pm when panic set in? Did anyone at the park see CM alive that night when she got in the car?

Didn't bother to check what time they are reported/claimed to have left for Wildenstein.
7pm is a very strange time for the 2 of them to be driving their.

Maybe he was meant to be at Wildenstein to do something that day, or even early the next morning.

Even if he had to be there early the next day, why take CM from her mother at the park?

This is just so sad. A wealthy family, a chance to have a “normal” life, a new baby on the way. It just breaks your heart that it went so horribly wrong. I know lots of worse things are happening all around the world every minute, but this so close to home and featuring such a beautiful young life destroyed just tugs and tugs and tugs at the heartstrings. There is no justice and no winner in this case-just a tragic waste, like the end of a Shakespeare play.

That exactly maybe was the reason CM was murdered.
New life with a new baby of his.

Maybe KM had thoughts of bringing CM back to live which he didn’t like.

Many male critters kill another’s gene pool.

Don’t shoot, it’s just a thought. IMO.

Maybe they just own the caravan rather than the whole park? From what I can tell it looks like many of the plots / vans are owned by people who are into watersports etc.

Or permanent residents. A lot pf parks offer people accommodation to live there permanently. Lots cheaper than rentals for houses and units

So if the reports are correct that KM was staying at the caravan park, and assuming that after the 000 phone call on the Friday there was no one staying at the Wilderstein let alone any children, why were there plain clothes child protection officers at Wilderstein on the Monday as reported in MSM?

"Dramatic footage captured by Daily Mail Australia showed police cars and a large number of detectives on foot swoop on the retreat at 11.30am on Monday.

Investigators ordered the media to 'leave, now!' from outside the gates on Monday morning - moments after plain clothes child protection squad officers drove into the property.

A police bus followed by unmarked police cars rolled through the gates as a uniformed officer stood guard.

They stayed at the property for five hours before leaving that afternoon."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10412073/Huge-twist-search-C-M-Mount-Wilson.html

Nope imo considering everyone is lawyered up with their traps shut tight and the cops have already found CM, in my estimation our cops are absolutely wonderful!

Also, keep in mind, both KM and JS have experienced the law before and know what to do in lawyering up. Who would be paying for KM if the mother of JS didnt like the relationship or the speed of it?

True - all the media reports say she was last seen on a verandah at Wildenstein but none say by whom. Maybe KM said that when she reported her missing or maybe someone on the estate.

I was troubled by this too. Last night I reviewed the police press conference after the course appearance of JS, and tried to make careful notes. The Deputy-Commissioner was asked about this and replied as follows:

"The last indications of sightings have been by the fiance and mother and we are trying to identify other people who may have seen the little girl. That's part of the appeals we've made over the last five days to the public."

Is the caravan park on the water? Close to a river? Could it be possible that a dusk swim alone ..!inadequate supervision resulted in an accidental death? The currents n rivers have big undertows which quickly can take someone out of their depth.. a pregnant woman would not be able to respond in a situation like that? All speculation of course..

If that were the case, would not the girl have been screaming and other residents would have heard? They have pools at parks.

“The daughter was there for a couple of days, she was playing around with the daughter of a friend of mine,” one witness told the publication.
Mum ‘at caravan park’ when girl killed

A couple of days? That could be a week or when the girl actually arrived at the Park. Who picked the girl up and from where? Did they travel from Sydney where KM allegedly has housing there? Was CM even supposed to be at the Blue Mountains as the GM agreed to Sydney visit? In Aussie talk when we say down the road, it could be 500 klms away. So a couple of days?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member