Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #90

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mysti88c

Reaction score
A Chaffee County woman is missing after a neighbor said she went out for a bike ride Sunday and never returned
Chaffee County woman missing since Sunday after neighbor said she went out for bike ride

List of Case Players and Their Relationship to Discussion (Post #440)

————————————-
MEDIA, MAPS & TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*
Detailed timeline of events in the Morphew case:
CO - CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 , MEDIA, MAPS &TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*

Arrest Affidavit
—————————————
Suzanne Morphew Case Archive (developed and maintained by WS member AmandaReckonwith)
—————————————
Hearing Notes (Compliments of @NoSI)
Preliminary:
Day 1

————————————-
Suzanne Morphew FB page
Suzanne Morphew Twitter page

Verified Experts/Professionals/Insiders posting in this thread:

10ofRods is a Verified Anthropologist
Angleterre is a Verified LE from England
riolove77 is a Verified Attorney (prosecutor)
Alethea is a Verified Attorney (defense)
otto is a Verified Expert
Chomsky is a Verified Attorney
angelainwi is a Certified Trauma Counselor
gitana1 is a Verified Attorney
Cassidy is a Verified Attorney
lamlawindy is a Verified Attorney (former Prosecutor, now Defence)
NatureLover (Verified friend of the Moorman family)

Thread #41 Thread #42 Thread #43 Thread #44 Thread #45 Thread #46 Thread #47 Thread #48 Thread #49 Thread #50 Thread #51 Thread #52 Thread #53 Thread #54 Thread #55 Thread #56 Thread #57 Thread #58 Thread #59 Thread #60 Thread #61 Thread #62 Thread #63 Thread #64 Thread #65 Thread #66 Thread #67 Thread #68 Thread #69 Thread #70 Thread #71 Thread #72 Thread #73 Thread #74 Thread #75 Thread #76 Thread #77 Thread #78 Thread #79 Thread #80 Thread #81 Thread #82
Thread #83
Thread #84 Thread #85 Thread #86 Thread #87 Thread #88
Thread #89

Last edited by a moderator:
Please continue discussion here in accordance with The Rules:

Quick rundown of reminders from prior threads:

Rumors are not allowed.

Barry Morphew has been charged with Suzanne's murder and he and his businesses are open to sleuthing.

Do not sleuth or make accusations against anyone who is not an officially named POI/suspect.

If an approved source discusses rumors or family members, it is still NOT allowed to do so at Websleuths. WS has different standards.

Preview your posts to avoid broken quotes.

Lengthy personal anecdotes are off topic. Stay on topic.

Discuss the case and not each other; state your opinion and move one without arguing or bickering.

Random youtube videos or blogs are not allowed unless approval is given by Tricia or Admin.

Approved sources are MSM, LE, Profiling Evil podcast, Lauren Scharf podcast or social media, Investigation Discovery, Crimeonline, Tyson Draper (only the interview with Barry Morphew), public documents.

Do not discuss removed posts or question/challenge moderation on the thread. Doing so is subject to an automatic Time Out.

Mod Reminder - Plunder Court Transcript Episodes

The Transcripts from the Preliminary Hearing being shared by Plunder have been approved. This approval only applies to the Plunder episodes specific to the court transcripts. The transcripts shared across the episodes may not be copied and posted in entirety to WS as a single document or post replicating the documents that the content creator purchased.

ADMIN REMINDER:

By Websleuths standards the Morphew daughters are victims. Posts trashing them or demeaning them will be removed and members who post in that regard are subject to a loss of posting privileges.

Read The Rules (TOS) and post accordingly.

Thanks.

<modsnip: This post has been removed. It is a violation of the law to broadcast this recording.>

ADMIN NOTE:

Thanks to Seattle1, a reminder that Colorado Court has strict policy that court proceedings including WEBEX cannot be filmed/recorded/rebroadcast or face contempt charges.

Monday, January 24th:
*Motions Hearing (Day 1 of 2) (Murder) & Status Hearing (Voter Fraud) (@ 8am) - CO – Suzanne Renee Moorman Morphew (49) (missing May 10, 2020, did not return from bike ride (supposedly), Maysville, Chaffee County, not found) - *Barry Lee Morphew (53/now 54) arrested & charged (5/5/21) with 1st degree murder after deliberation, tampering with physical evidence & attempting to influence public servants. And additional charges (5/18/21) of tampering with a deceased human body & possession of a dangerous weapon (short rifle) & amended (5/18/21) to add domestic violence as sentencing enhancement. Plead not guilty. $500K Cash only bond. Bonded out on 9/20/21.
Trial set to begin on 5/3/22 (thru 6/1/22) @ 8am.
*Charged (5/13/21) with felony forgery of public records & misdemeanor elections-mail ballot offense. $1K Bond.
Missing info, Barry’s PP loan & court info from 5/10/21 thru 1/5/22 reference post #6 here:
Still Missing - CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #89

1/7/22 Update: The murder & voter fraud charges have been rescheduled for a status hearing on 1/12/22 @ 1pm.
1/12/22 Update: Dan Edwards and Mark Hurlbert for the State & defense attorneys, Dru Nielsen & Iris Eytan attending. Defense will be filing a written motion for Bond Modification to allow BM to travel to daughters house in Gunnison by tomorrow. Defense filed a Motion in October to add another week to the trial which is currently scheduled for 4 weeks starting 5/3/22. Defense would like trial to start April 25 & her reason stated is she believes if all 32 hours of BM’s interviews are played it will take a week. Judge did not rule on that yet. Defense wants individual voir dire during Jury selection. Mr. Edwards said he thought that would add 2 to 4 weeks to the trial. Not ruled on today. Defense has filed for change of venue. Not ruled on today. Defense was asking for the State’s expert witness endorsements & Edwards said Judge Murphy had already ruled, giving them until February 14. Judge agreed to keep that date. Most of the motions will be addressed at next Motions Hearing scheduled for 1/24, 1/25 & 2/1/22. Also motion to sever voter fraud charges from murder will be discussed at next motions hearing.

1/14/22 Update: His defense attorneys submitted a list of requests including a change of venue, moving the trial date up by a week to April 25 & a modification to his bond orders. Added to court hearings - a motions hearing for new trial motion on 2/24/22. Also Status hearing have been added on 1/24, 2/15, 2/1 & 2/24 for voter fraud charge.

For those of us who can't watch the 48 hours thing - was there anything really new in there?

From the promos - I found it helpful to see the actual locations a bit, but the info seemed pitched at a much lower level than discussion on here.

Having seen it, I concur.

I would have to rewatch it to confirm, but my recollection is that a tremendous amount of the program was advertising breaks, teaser, and recap. Few, if any, new bits.

For those of us who can't watch the 48 hours thing - was there anything really new in there?

From the promos - I found it helpful to see the actual locations a bit, but the info seemed pitched at a much lower level than discussion on here.

Of value, the color photos and the size of the syringe cap.

Wish we were privy to all the photos.

JMO

Of value, the color photos and the size of the syringe cap.

Wish we were privy to all the photos.

JMO
Exactly. Color photos, big cap on the syringe, and it appeared there was more info on the DNA match that supposedly the prosecution has not shared with the defense in a timely manner. We will hopefully hear more about that soon.

In the 48 Hours episode there’s a picture of SM’s purse on what appears to be the floor of her RR. Her wallet is open beside the purse (and looks like everything was taken out of it), cash, drivers license and some papers are also on the floor, outside of the purse and wallet. I always believed her purse was in her car but all together. I’m assuming this was the way LE found her belongings in the RR. IMO

This was on my 11:11 mark in the show. I’m streaming through Amazon, no commercials.

In the 48 Hours episode there’s a picture of SM’s purse on what appears to be the floor of her RR. Her wallet is open beside the purse (and looks like everything was taken out of it), cash, drivers license and some papers are also on the floor, outside of the purse and wallet. I always believed her purse was in her car but all together. I’m assuming this was the way LE found her belongings in the RR. IMO

This was on my 11:11 mark in the show. I’m streaming through Amazon, no commercials.
I noticed that also and wondered if it was taken when police rifled her purse and wallet or if it was that way when police arrive and opened the door. It was an interesting picture.

6ead9fa53a2b396844b6c46a1f93ab01

This photo taken from police body cam footage shows Suzanne Morphew's mountain bike after being discovered by sheriff's deputies on the side of a cliff off a road near the family home. / Credit: Chaffee County District Court

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayaCo