TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, murdered, Scurry County, Dec 2010 *Arrest in 2021, released in 2023* #4

Shawn Adkins enters plea of not guilty in Hailey Dunn murder case

COLORADO CITY — Through his attorney, Shawn Adkins has entered a plea of not guilty on two charges related to the death of 13-year-old Hailey Dunn,
according to the Mitchell County District Clerk's office.

The plea was included in a document filed by the attorney to waive Adkin's arraignment hearing scheduled this week.

I have never been a fan of Billie's and I will never forgive her for choosing the POI instead of her own beautiful daughter, BUT IF she was involved in Hailey's death and/or cover-up why has SA not thrown her under the bus and got her arrested also? Either she wasn't involved, or he won't implicate her because that would be telling on himself. Is his attorney going to use BD as SA defense. Implicate her in the death to get SA off? What are your opinions?
Just throwing this out there…

Maybe Billie finally decided to tell LE what she knows in exchange for immunity and an agreement to testify against Shawn.

It is moving so slow. Chandler Halderson was arrested last summer, and he has already had his trial and convicted.

Over a decade to get Hailey justice...wheels are turning real slow on this one.
It was almost six months from the time he was arrested, until he was indicted. Now it will be almost another six months for his first pre-trial hearing.
Is this intentional o_O

In court documents filed in the 32nd Judicial District Court, copies of which were obtained by KTAB, prosecutors reportedly revealed for the first time how they believe Hailey was murdered.

“Shawn Casey Adkins is accused of striking Hailey Dunn in the head with an unknown object causing her death on Dec. 26, 2010,” the report stated.

While we're waiting - what do you all think? Was Hailey killed in her bedroom that night after Billie was in bed asleep? Billie says she saw Hailey in bed asleep before she went to work that morning. If Hailey was struck in the head so hard she died, why didn't Billie notice anything? Shawn must have been busy that night, she never noticed he wasn't in bed at some point? That house was tiny, Billie didn't hear anything? When did Shawn transport Hailey to the lake?

In court documents filed in the 32nd Judicial District Court, copies of which were obtained by KTAB, prosecutors reportedly revealed for the first time how they believe Hailey was murdered.

“Shawn Casey Adkins is accused of striking Hailey Dunn in the head with an unknown object causing her death on Dec. 26, 2010,” the report stated.

I'm struggling with wrapping my mind around it just being Shawn and noone in the house was aware of the situation.

I would think if he hit her hard enough to cause her death, there would have to be some kind of blood evidence.

While we're waiting - what do you all think? Was Hailey killed in her bedroom that night after Billie was in bed asleep? Billie says she saw Hailey in bed asleep before she went to work that morning. If Hailey was struck in the head so hard she died, why didn't Billie notice anything? Shawn must have been busy that night, she never noticed he wasn't in bed at some point? That house was tiny, Billie didn't hear anything? When did Shawn transport Hailey to the lake?

I've always believed that Shawn gave Billie something, to knock her out that night. They did reportedly buy some drugs that day. He may have made sure to get her drunk and maybe add a pill or 2 to her drink. I think he had planned to visit Hailey's room that night for awhile.

That's probably why he made sure she got her own TV for Christmas---so she would start sleeping in her room again, instead of out on the couch.

Billie made sure to say that she didn't look closely at Hailey 'or touch her' or anything that morning. That has always stuck out to me.

I am not sure when he transported the body. But he had lots of opportunities.

I've always believed that Shawn gave Billie something, to knock her out that night. They did reportedly buy some drugs that day. He may have made sure to get her drunk and maybe add a pill or 2 to her drink. I think he had planned to visit Hailey's room that night for awhile.

That's probably why he made sure she got her own TV for Christmas---so she would start sleeping in her room again, instead of out on the couch.

Billie made sure to say that she didn't look closely at Hailey 'or touch her' or anything that morning. That has always stuck out to me.

I am not sure when he transported the body. But he had lots of opportunities.

In a 2011 television interview broadcast by KTAB/KRBC, Adkins denied any involvement with Dunn’s disappearance or death and provided the following narrative of his alleged actions on the day she went missing.

That morning I drove to work. I quit my job, and I turned in my belongings, and I didn’t speak to nobody at work. And, I left work. I stopped by this residence. Nobody was here, so I continued going towards C City, and I got on I-20, and I went to Big Springs to my mother’s house, and I made calls on my cellphone to my mom letting her know that I quit my job and everything. I got to my mom’s house that day, and I got on the internet, uh, looking up unemployment to see if I could get, you know, an unemployment check ’til I could get back on my feet and everything. And that was my day. Then I came home around — I guess — like 3:00 I got there.
Man Indicted for 2010 Murder of Girlfriend's 13-Year-Old Daughter as Prosecutors Reveal Cause of Death for the First Time
(you can watch that 19 minute interview here- From the archives: Raw interviews with murder suspect Shawn Adkins | KTAB - BigCountryHomepage.com).

Actually if we believe what Billie told us about that morning - Shawn left for work before her. Remember her co-worker was late picking her up that morning. Because Billie said she "saw" Hailey in bed, that narrows down the timeline. Shawn would have had to come back to the house after he quit work and taken Hailey's body then. I suppose he could have hidden her somewhere and not immediately taken her out to the lake? Then his statements about calls and cruising the internet would match cell pings? Particularly since he threw in the statement I bolded in red.

I went back to check the timeline and....

Billie stated that Hailey was in David's room playing the xbox while her and Shawn were watching movies in their room. At 10pm she noticed that Hailey was in her room watching tv, and she went to bed, no mention of Shawn at that point.

David told police that when he left Hailey was in the living room playing the xbox, according to the affidavit.

Is there an interview with Shawn talking about Sunday?

Clint states on fb that Hailey was seen on the xbox at around 11:00, according to the fbi.

LE is saying she died that Sunday.

A small thing...but where was Hailey playing the xbox? Why two different locations?

If the fbi has a picture of her playing at 11pm, then Billie did not see Hailey in her room watching tv at 10, unless she went to bed but then got back up.

If Billie really didn't see Hailey in her bedroom at 10, then the entire morning story of peeping in the living room and then room is most likely a lie too.

Hailey Dunn ~ The Timeline

December 26, 2010

9.00pm Hailey Dunn’s brother, David Dunn, leaves the residence to spend the night with a friend. David says when he left the residence, Hailey was playing a video game in the living room of the residence. Based on the progress on the game and Hailey’s skill level of the game, it is estimated that Hailey played the game until around 12pm that night.

December 27, 2010

6.00am Shawn Adkins arrives at work and quits his job. According to his employer, WSI in Snyder, Adkins arrived at work around 6am, walked into the break room, purchased a Dr Pepper from the vending machine, look at the supervisor without saying a word, then left the premises.

Adkins however, told others he got fired from his job. His employers denied that they fired him.

6.10am Adkins left his place of employment (Snyder).

6.20am Billie Dunn leaves the residence to go to work in Snyder, Texas.

Adkins says he then drove to his mother’s house in Big Springs, Texas, but according to the cell phone pings, he was in the Colorado City area, the same area where Hailey was reported missing. Eleven phone calls are captured between 9.38am-2.40pm.

Cell phone towers indicate that:

6.35 – 6.56am Adkins was in the area of Colorado City, Texas.

9.38am – 2.40pm, Adkins was in the area of Big Spring, Texas.

NOTE: According to Verizon Cellular Tower records a person at Chestnut would utilise or ping Tower 724 on the northern coverage area transmitter when using a Verizon cell phone, which is the same tower that Adkins was using from 6.35am until 6.56am. (Hailey was alone at the residence during this time).

In other words:

*** According to Shawn, he went from Colorado City to Snyder to Big Springs.

*** According to the Evidence, he went from Colorado City to Snyder to Colorado City.

4.00pm, David Dunn returns home from school and pounded on the door for 5 minutes, and nobody would let him in. David gained access to the residence through a window. He observed Shawn standing in the hallway with a “deer in the headlights” look.

Roger Ostrander (uncle of Hailey) and Adkins were discussing the disappearance of Hailey. Roger stated that he could not believe anybody would hurt a 13 year old little girl, to which Adkins replied “yah, it’s like killing a deer.”

Del Ostrander indicated that Adkins talked often about how he kills deer and cuts them up with a chainsaw. He also says that Adkins is obsessed with horror / slasher movies, watches them daily, he also collects movie memorabilia connected with the Halloween movie series.

6.19pm Billie Dunn made two cash withdrawals from an ATM in Snyder, Scurry County, Texas. First $60 then $80. The money was to purchase illegal narcotics from a person in Scurry County. These narcotics were for Adkins and Billie. (this info was confirmed by Billie).

According to Billie, Adkins tells her that Hailey left the residence in the afternoon to go to her father’s residence then to go to her friend’s house, for a slumber party.

Billie Dunn did not call the friend’s house to confirm Hailey spending the night there.

December 28

2.00pm Billie Jean Dunn reports her daughter missing to Colorado City police.

December 31

Shawn and Billie hosts a New Years Eve party at their residence AFTER Hailey was reported missing. Alcohol was consumed.

According to Billie:

"It was reported we hosted a New Year's Eve party at our house. This is an absurdity beyond belief, family members were at my house to be with me in this time of distress," Dunn said.

Billie Dunn Holds Press Conference to Explain Her Timeline of Events Into Hailey's Disappearance

January 2

A candlelight vigil for Hailey is attended by at least 750 people.

January 3

Colorado City police announce that Hailey Dunn’s case, previously treated as a runaway, now is being called a missing person case.

January 4

Media coverage of Hailey’s disappearance goes national, with Nancy Grace’s television program focusing on the Texas case.

January 5

Billie Dunn and Adkins take polygraph tests, then Adkins is asked by Dunn to leave her home.

January 7 2011

Warrant is issued to compel Cellco Corporation DBA as Verizon Wireless to provide evidence of any text messages sent and received by the above telephone number from December 25, 2010 to January 7, 2011.

The Warrant includes that Billie Dunn surrenders her cell phone to search for text message content, attachments, including picture messages and any other files associated with the account that relate to the time period December 25, 2010 to January 1, 2011.

According to Billie Dunn, this phone was used by Hailey during the described period.

February 24

Authorities announce that nearly 109,000 images of child *advertiser censored*, bestiality and deviant acts were discovered on numerous electronic devices at the home of Billie Dunn and that of Adkins’ mother in Big Spring.

March 17

Billie Dunn is arrested in Colorado City and acknowledges lying to police who came to her house to execute a search warrant on Adkins.

Last edited:
I hope they have a clear timeline for all of this...so many inconsistencies given by different people for that Sunday.....except Shawn's who I still haven't found..

In another post I found it was stated that they believe she died between 8 and 9, and the current documentation we have seen states that she died on that Sunday. If this is true then the whole story of seeing her playing the xbox in the bedroom or living room anytime after "9" is most likely false.

Doesn't make any sense.

Confusing

I hope they have a clear timeline for all of this...so many inconsistencies given by different people for that Sunday.....except Shawn's who I still haven't found..

In another post I found it was stated that they believe she died between 8 and 9, and the current documentation we have seen states that she died on that Sunday. If this is true then the whole story of seeing her playing the xbox in the bedroom or living room anytime after "9" is most likely false.

Doesn't make any sense.

Confusing

I've seen varying time reports on when David left the house - anywhere from 8-10 PM. If what you say is true, it's even more confusing. Now it's not just Shawn & Billie, but potentially David as well.

But even if David was gone when she was killed, did Shawn wait until he was gone to harm Hailey? I can't shake the feeling Billie was involved, if only that she knew what happened and didn't call for help for Hailey ...

I'm sure they verified the time he left with what time he called his friend to come get him, which would be saved on cell phone records. He could have told the truth and Billie lied.....but it is such a small thing to lie about...WHY?

David would have been un his room talking to Hailey, gathering his stuff to leave. I'm sure he knows where he last saw her.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hoist Gracie
Back