Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #91

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote in response to @al66pine 's question regarding Barry's affairs...

First, SO is familiar with who BM had the affair with (at least one of them) in IN, as stated in the emails. Suzanne uses a name that looks incomplete to me but SO replied with an affirmation so she may know or have known this IN woman too along with the situation. This would confirm BM's insistence that he's only been with his wife IS A LIE and that he was unfaithful.

There's also a question as to whether BM was supporting/keeping another woman in CO, as Suzanne stated to SO in the emails. Where was all the money going that he 'supposedly' invested. There's been quite a bit of speculation as to when BM met Shoshona and for how long they've been together - along with questions about who she 'rented' from in Salida. Then there's his frequent 'trips' and getting extremely mad during arguments/questions about another woman only to run out of the house, sometimes not to return.
If it turns out that he had been involved with her (and/or someone else with all of his online 'dating/hookup' site profiles) before he murdered Suzanne, that would be YET another reason to get rid of her

How many men have killed their wives (and vise-versa) because of another woman even without greed and revenge entering into it? It's a trifecta of motive.

What's important to remember is that BM is still alive and enjoying his life with his girlfriend.
To think (as someone above inferred) that jurors will think 'boys will be boys' and women need to be above reproach is archaic and ridiculous.
Suzanne is DEAD at his hands. I don't care if motive isn't 'important'. To a jury and myself, it most certainly is.
If cheating by Suzanne is important enough, then BM's cheating is as well, IMO. It seems, he constantly punished her for her effort to reveal all his secrets (and there might be many, which we never heard of). Maybe she was about to find out about his huge life lie, and that would also have been a motive like divorce/money/assets.

They aren't scratches - they are gouges. The kind resulting from fingernails being dug into skin.
Since I saw his hands, I recognized even there 3 little round wounds, which are looking like fingernail marks in contrast to other scratches, which might stem from bush/branches. One of the three wounds seems to be a little inflamed.

It is interesting in this exchange, he mentions that MM2 said something about getting a restraining order. This is so tough. I think she knows and I don't know why she supports her dad. Not at all attempting to speak badly of her. It's her dad and supporting him is well within her right even if she things he did do something.
I suspect she may well think that he "did something", but probably also thinks that he "didn't mean to", and hence has committed to supporting him.

Since I saw his hands, I recognized even there 3 little round wounds, which are looking like fingernail marks in contrast to other scratches, which might stem from bush/branches. One of the three wounds seems to be a little inflamed.

I had the same impression of the marks on his hands. Some looked older and almost healed, but others looks much fresher and irritated, imo. I have speculation about what would make the fresher marks inflamed; namely certain chemicals like bleach.

MOO

So, I’m still waiting for someone to rise to the challenge and explain why BM lied and lied a lot and all his odd, bizarre behaviors on MDW 2020 and post SM “disappearance”, how all these BMism’s (for lack of better word) explains/adds up to someone else being responsible for harming SM/her demise.

I see people opining doubting the strength of the prosecution’s case before we even know all of what the prosecution has or what’s been gathered since BM’s arrest, and before hearing directly from witnesses, and some ever so subtly insinuating that Suzanne must be a liar because she didn’t tell SO about JL and was a terrible person for having an affair, deserved what she got, making excuses for BM but can’t explain why he lied if he had nothing to do with what happened to SM. Anyway, every time this question is posed, it is ignored. Noone has been able to put forth a theory of someone else being responsible that also adds up/explains all BM’s lies and other extremely odd behaviors. Why? Because imo, there is no rational or logical theory that explains someone else being responsible and explains all BM’s lies, odd behaviors etc. Simply put, it doesn’t add add up and most rational, logical, critically thinking person with a modicum of deductive reasoning ability knows BM is guilty as sin (just like his lawyers do imo), but for some reason it seems like some people would like nothing more than to see the prosecution fall flat on their face, lose at trial and see a murderer set free because imo they are either being deliberately obtuse, haven’t studied or read all the facts and evidence in this case and/or have such disdain for SM all the while feigning that they want justice for her while seemingly defending and making excuses for her obvious murderer, doubting the strength of prosecutions case before it even gets to court, and ever so subtly or in some cases not so subtly insinuating BM should not be held to account for what he did because SM deserved what she got for being an ‘awful person’ for ‘lying’ and having an affair. We are all imperfect humans and yes it is more than clear the M marriage was in shambles, ineffective communication (imo based on her texts to SO sounds like at least SM tried to communicate her feelings to BM and BM dismissed her stormed out leaving for days at a time?? shutting his phone off?? telling her oh yeah my battery will prob die while I’m gone?? Wtaf?? Who was he seeing because I don’t believe for a second he wasn’t involved with other/s either one day/night hookups or longer term dalliances, obviously all trust shot/lost. Just because LE hadn’t found any evidence YET (as of the writing of the AA) of BM dalliances, doesn’t mean he didn’t engage in any or that LE haven’t found evidence of it since the writing of the AA.
SM at least admitted to feeling partly responsible for the breakdown of the marriage, meanwhile BM told the FBI agents paraphrased, “she made me into a monster.” Typical N abuser not taking accountability and blaming someone else, typically their victim, for their bad choices/behaviors. Regardless of the troubled marriage, last I checked BM is alive and SM is the missing presumed deceased spouse who 3 days prior told BM she was done and whose footprint ceased within mere minutes of BM arriving home Saturday May 9, 2020, never to be heard from or seen again.

If BM “walks” as some seem to think he will and worse imo some also want him to, it would be one of the biggest, greatest travesties of justice I’ve ever seen, and may cause me to lose all faith in the US justice system. Lastly, shame on anyone claiming to be here for justice for Suzanne when clearly, just read between the lines and see that that is not the reason they are here at all. And before someone says it’s because people hate BM, no it has nothing to do with hating BM and everything to do with the fact that most people don’t like murderers and most rational, logical, critically thinking people that have followed this case since day one, followed the facts of the case can see via logical deduction that all roads and totality of evidence leads to one person and one person only who had the motive, means, and opportunity and something to gain from SM’s murder- the person whose initials suit him so well as he’s swimming in it, the one and only BM.

IMHOO

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne

I believe BM killed his wife Suzanne Morphew. There are some things that give me pause but will leave them alone here. I’m concerned about the Prosecutions case to date against BM. I said BM could walk, yes. Would that make me happy if he’s guilty of killing SM? NO.

My impression of SM is she was a lovely person and I commented around week two of her being missing that the headlines “missing mother and wife” irked me because a woman’s identity is often focused on being a mother and we forget this was a woman with her own needs, her own identity. It also bothered me that people portrayed her like a saint and that wasn’t fair to her (IMO). I don’t at all look down on SM for having an affair. It probably made her feel alive, desired and heard. They do however leave a trail of broken people if discovered. That was a general comment.

I do want justice for SM, but you’re correct that’s not the only reason I’m here. I would never comment on a victims social media support page or even follow it. That’s not my thing or #hash tagging, changing my profile pic. I’m on Webslueths because I genuinely enjoy open conversations, respectful debates and specifically in this case what the Defense might present. I enjoy strategy conversations on both sides and thank those members who do as well. IMO

I said how someone above mentioned the jury might think 'boys will be boys' but I don't believe that was you and I found that was archaic, disappointing and ridiculous. It wasn't directed specifically at you - sorry it came off that way.
Even if it were you, I'd not be calling you those terms - just that thinking a jury might take that approach would is ridiculous. I give people more credit than that.

You made a profound comment today that touched on that very subject - how people are judging Suzanne and not looking at the facts that prove BM to be guilty, with no doubt whatsoever. I applauded you.

EDIT: I'm sorry, that was @fcavanaugh! Geebus! I do love your comments too though! I'll shut up now.

Going back, now I see what happened. Initially, I tried to reply to @Momofthreeboys who replied to your comment but it didn't work. AND, I don't know if she was the person who used the 'boys will be boys' phrase and that's why I said 'someone above'. I screwed up, obviously. I'm sorry it looks like I addressed my comment to you and now it's to late to edit.
Much appreciation for all of your comments! :oops:
Living for almost 2 decades with 4 boys, a male dog and a male cat I would never think boys will be boys lol I am a lot tougher than that . But I am someone who asked for them to all go away on Mother’s Day and take the dog and leave me in peace. I am not big on Hallmark holidays.

I believe BM killed his wife Suzanne Morphew. There are some things that give me pause but will leave them alone here. I’m concerned about the Prosecutions case to date against BM. I said BM could walk, yes. Would that make me happy if he’s guilty of killing SM? NO.

My impression of SM is she was a lovely person and I commented around week two of her being missing that the headlines “missing mother and wife” irked me because a woman’s identity is often focused on being a mother and we forget this was a woman with her own needs, her own identity. It also bothered me that people portrayed her like a saint and that wasn’t fair to her (IMO). I don’t at all look down on SM for having an affair. It probably made her feel alive, desired and heard. They do however leave a trail of broken people if discovered. That was a general comment.

I do want justice for SM, but you’re correct that’s not the only reason I’m here. I would never comment on a victims social media support page or even follow it. That’s not my thing or #hash tagging, changing my profile pic. I’m on Webslueths because I genuinely enjoy open conversations, respectful debates and specifically in this case what the Defense might present. I enjoy strategy conversations on both sides and thank those members who do as well. IMO
I do believe that the evidence is strong. Would it be better if there was more, or more definitive evidence? Sure. I think IE and DN are very good at their jobs. I’m not liking the way the prosecution has handled their case. I’m looking for better presentation and style points. I am hoping they get it together before trial. Someone on their team needs to discount all of the noise of the defense team in a way that the jury can get on board with.

I do believe that the evidence is strong. Would it be better if there was more, or more definitive evidence? Sure. I think IE and DN are very good at their jobs. I’m not liking the way the prosecution has handled their case. I’m looking for better presentation and style points. I am hoping they get it together before trial. Someone on their team needs to discount all of the noise of the defense team in a way that the jury can get on board with.

I am wondering if that is part of the plan. To this point the only person they needed to convince was the judge. Presenting too much of a spectacular case would show the defense exactly how they were going to go about the trial. I think they presented what they needed to in order to get the judge to send it to trial. The defense really is showing all cards. The prosecution can see what things they have raised that would be an issue at trial. Hopefully, they are now going to focus in on those things to explain them better and present it in a better way.

Living for almost 2 decades with 4 boys, a male dog and a male cat I would never think boys will be boys lol I am a lot tougher than that . But I am someone who asked for them to all go away on Mother’s Day and take the dog and leave me in peace. I am not big on Hallmark holidays.
So funny, I used to say to my boys too oh no need for a fuss… until the year they made no fuss and I secretly felt quite hurt. I think boys take things a lot more literally (mine do at least) whereas girls may be more in tune with emotional sensitivity, that’s how it seems to me from friends’ families.

We DO know the Morphews recognised Mother’s Day of course because Barry phoned his own mother bright and early that morning. He made sure to send his own mother good wishes. More importantly, I believe it was the girls trying to contact Suzanne to wish her a happy Mother’s Day which led to concern about her being out of contact. I think the girls planned to be home that night with their mother too if I remember correctly.

Also, with Suzanne having so much time alone what with Barry apparently away for days incommunicado and “working” all hours according to the texts, and one daughter living out of town, the other in school, plus no dog for company even - I doubt she would have seen a solitary day as a treat of any kind. I may be wrong, just my thoughts.

I had the same impression of the marks on his hands. Some looked older and almost healed, but others looks much fresher and irritated, imo. I have speculation about what would make the fresher marks inflamed; namely certain chemicals like bleach.

MOO
Thanks for mentioning the bleach. His skin in these pictures looks irritated like it would look from bleach exposure IMO

Hey @NatureLover , while you're around, do you have any idea where AM took this pic?

05.to.09.barrys.spot.JPG

Photobucket
My husband (who participated in AM’s September 2020 search) said AM did not take this photo. As I recall it was taken by someone in Barry’s search group during AM’s first trip to Colorado right after Suzanne went missing. He said AM’s friend told a group of them that this was a favorite place of Suzanne’s because it was a plateau where she enjoyed the surrounding scenery and it was above an old cemetary she loved.

My husband (who participated in AM’s September 2020 search) said AM did not take this photo. As I recall it was taken by someone in Barry’s search group during AM’s first trip to Colorado right after Suzanne went missing. He said AM’s friend told a group of them that this was a favorite place of Suzanne’s because it was a plateau where she enjoyed the surrounding scenery and it was above an old cemetary she loved.

Perhaps it would be an idea to have a closer look at the old cemetery.

Perhaps it would be an idea to have a closer look at the old cemetery.
Hasn't 11 miles been an issue? Maysville to Fairview Cemetery. Fairview Cemetery was established in 1891 from a parcel of land purchased by several prominent Salida citizens from the EDDY brothers. Mr. K. G. GREEN landscaped the original fifty acres.

Google Maps

Thanks for mentioning the bleach. His skin in these pictures looks irritated like it would look from bleach exposure IMO
His hands look like hands of someone who uses their hands for work and sometimes doesn’t wear work gloves. A few days ago we discussed how to get fingernails in an angle on that side of the bicep and I agree that it could occur if an arm was coming around from behind and not face to face. I could be swayed either way…nails or work related so will see if it comes up at trial. I don’t want anything to mean something unequivocally without consideration…I want to be convinced by hearing both arguments for and against a specific piece of evidence at trial.

As far as bleach…I don’t believe bleach has been established at all yet. Chlorine at hotel and chlorine for hot tub at the house. I doubt very many people use bleach to clean dirt on skin..there are many products available for people that work with hands. Cement or mortar is particularly aggravating to skin…the chemicals in cement can burn skin. My civil engineer kid clued me into this a few years ago and I had no idea. Concrete Burns: Causes, Symptoms, Treatment, and Prevention

As far as bleach…I don’t believe bleach has been established at all yet. Chlorine at hotel and chlorine for hot tub at the house. I doubt very many people use bleach to clean dirt on skin..there are many products available for people that work with hands. Cement or mortar is particularly aggravating to skin…the chemicals in cement can burn skin. My civil engineer kid clued me into this a few years ago and I had no idea. Concrete Burns: Causes, Symptoms, Treatment, and Prevention
A few years back we got a motel room that smelled of bleach and we asked to change rooms. I think they do this if the previous occupant left a gross mess. This was a nice motel too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member