Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #91

Status
Not open for further replies.
We got jokes in here. In other threads, I've caught myself waiting for a punchline that isn't coming.

No other current crime has such a jackass for a perpetrator, though.

Is jackass in the Zoo yet? Who's in charge of the zoo?!
@jakat is in charge of the zoo if I am remembering correctly. And I believe there is indeed a jackass already in it.

To watch the videos I had to mentally step back and watch through the lens of someone who potentially knew what they were driving toward. I am guessing George was calling him while he was driving from Broomfield. He probably knew people were at the house so knew Suzanne wasn't there and knew what was going on at the ravine site. It's possible MM2's high school boyfriend's family was calling him also. I need to go see if the cell data had incoming call info to confirm, but I would highly suspect he was getting info during the drive. He had the fire scanner in his vehicle so at minimum he was getting intel from that. So if you knew there were people at the house and the house had been searched would you still come in the door and yell if you knew your spouse wasn't there? Would you jump out of car and dash down the ravine? I don't know...but I suspect he knew a fair amount before he arrived. As far as looking like a "coma" perhaps he was in shock....whether or not he did it wouldn't matter...the situation was coming to a head and reality was setting in.

And finally I do believe within every perceived lies there are nuggets of truth...just almost impossible to figure out although personally think the crux of it is that he doesn't know where she is so his mind is going in a million directions.... ravine, mines, out somewhere that animals could find her.... I really want to listen to those interviews and hope they are released soon. I think those will be our biggest clues.

Find Suzanne and the answers will follow.
I like your thought process here....look at it as a husband pulling up and going into the house.

As for the house, Megnut came at an angle I hadn't.

Look at it from the innocent husbands side.

This is what gets my goat:

When he walked into that house:

He didn't look to see if she left a note.

What if she'd crawled back home after an attempted abduction --she could be hiding.

He never hollered for her or called out to her.

What if she was hiding in a closet, fearful of her attacker???

These are reasonable actons and frantic steps anyone would make.

Even in the AA the law enforcement officer that walked him into the home, found it awkwardly odd that he didn't call call out for her in their home. This LE is seasoned officer in missing persons and abductions he knows why it feels awkwardly odd.

I feel like change of venue was inevitable when you have a gigantic multi-year mystery.

How are the prosecution responsible? And why does it matter to the case? Both sides want a fair jury

e.g it's the Court releasing yet more salacious content in the form of the videos, to keep the speculation going

I think there was some, 'wouldn't it be nice to do this closer to home?' mixed in there.

The change is in no way a win for the defense. Freemont is bigger, very slightly more diverse, poorer, and covered in prison employees. I don't think Barry's going to find a whole lot of sympathy there. The demographics read as a county still inhabited by the families that first built cabins in the silver rush.

Census Data comparisons:
https://www.census.gov/quickfacts/fact/table/chaffeecountycolorado,fremontcountycolorado/INC110219

Fremont County, Colorado - Wikipedia

Here's what I think.

I think it was the end of the semester in the middle of what seemed like a waning pandemic and a camping trip seemed like a fun idea. An excuse to get away, an excuse to get out of the house.

Mother's Day or not Suzanne probably didn't want anything to stand in the way of their happiness.

And I think Barry didn't want anything to stand in the way of his happiness.

The End

JMO
I was trying to reason out Mother’s Day and when the girls were supposed to be home. MH arrived at PP at 6pm, according to the bodycam footage. Both MH and his Dad said the girls were out of town, road trip. It did not appear that their arrival was imminent, in my opinion. Exactly when did they finally get home? Kind of blows Barry’s statement that the girls would be home to spend Mother’s Day with their Mom. If they were running late, wouldn’t there be a string of texts/calls explaining themselves, even if they went unanswered?
On page 19 of the AA, Barry stated that the girls were camping in Utah and Idaho. The closest (maybe Moab?) would be a 5 hour drive to Maysville. Were they heading home at first light? Did they ever intend to spend MD with Mom, or was Barry lion?

I was trying to reason out Mother’s Day and when the girls were supposed to be home. MH arrived at PP at 6pm, according to the bodycam footage. Both MH and his Dad said the girls were out of town, road trip. It did not appear that their arrival was imminent, in my opinion. Exactly when did they finally get home? Kind of blows Barry’s statement that the girls would be home to spend Mother’s Day with their Mom. If they were running late, wouldn’t there be a string of texts/calls explaining themselves, even if they went unanswered?
On page 19 of the AA, Barry stated that the girls were camping in Utah and Idaho. The closest (maybe Moab?) would be a 5 hour drive to Maysville. Were they heading home at first light? Did they ever intend to spend MD with Mom, or was Barry lion?
I think he arrived home at 9pm.

Or Barry had no idea. Might have known they were heading home on Mother's Day but had no idea of the schedule. Suzanne drove MM2 over to her sister so Suzanne probably knew the details better. But didn't MM1 say they did not plan on spending the night but then we're hearing that she was washing the sheets because she thought they were spending the night? I don't think we've seen a refined timeline of their movements on May 10.

I've been thinking on the following hypothetical

WWBD (What would Bazza do)

Bazza is a fictional, unreconstructed tradie, whose wife just texted him a few days ago about getting a divorce. Bazza suspects she is having an affair. While away on business, his wife goes dark on him and won't answer calls.

WWBD?

Surely his first guess is she is off with her lover having a sly sunday while he is out of town?

Sure the bike thing is odd (which he doesn't find out about until after 7.30pm .. but wouldn't that be your number one suspicion here?

Wouldn't Bazza have sent a text or two to his wife asking her where the hell she was and why she wasn't answering?

Would Bazza be talking to deputies about a mountain lion with this obvious and massive betrayal on his mind?

WWBD?

To watch the videos I had to mentally step back and watch through the lens of someone who potentially knew what they were driving toward. I am guessing George was calling him while he was driving from Broomfield. He probably knew people were at the house so knew Suzanne wasn't there and knew what was going on at the ravine site. It's possible MM2's high school boyfriend's family was calling him also. I need to go see if the cell data had incoming call info to confirm, but I would highly suspect he was getting info during the drive. He had the fire scanner in his vehicle so at minimum he was getting intel from that. So if you knew there were people at the house and the house had been searched would you still come in the door and yell if you knew your spouse wasn't there? Would you jump out of car and dash down the ravine? I don't know...but I suspect he knew a fair amount before he arrived. As far as looking like a "coma" perhaps he was in shock....whether or not he did it wouldn't matter...the situation was coming to a head and reality was setting in.

And finally I do believe within every perceived lies there are nuggets of truth...just almost impossible to figure out although personally think the crux of it is that he doesn't know where she is so his mind is going in a million directions.... ravine, mines, out somewhere that animals could find her.... I really want to listen to those interviews and hope they are released soon. I think those will be our biggest clues.

Find Suzanne and the answers will follow.
I knew I'd get a reply from you, ;) and I can appreciate different opinions.

Interesting thoughts on his behavior, but I have to wonder, if you believe Barry doesn't know where Suzanne is, what do you think actually happened to Suzanne?

Anybody got any intel on Cahill's testimony yesterday. It's been crickets from media who were in court which makes me think it did not go well for prosecution or we would have heard.....I can't find anything at all.
I couldn't find any reporter that stayed until 6:30 pm when the hearing concluded! I think the last we heard about what was happening inside the courtroom came from @NoSI and her take was that Cahill was being examined by Iris in her circular argument fashion (which we've come to call the hurricane method), and Cahill had no memory.

Gotta wonder if BM kept his hands in his pockets so LE couldn't see if there were any marks on them.

The lack of urgency on his part is shocking to me. His beloved wife, who had survived two bouts of cancer and had just recovered from the last, and his first thought is a mountain lion. Not that something medical could have happened?

So fake, and he is a terrible actor.

I also got the impression that LE was giving him side eye almost immediately.

MOO

I'm not sure which cam is which Deputy, I think it's Mullenax talking to the big guy and female LEs about Barry's behavior and they all kind of give Barry a look. Then Barry tries to wander off with GD and they call him to answer.

The thing in Barry's behavior that really strikes wrong is the one armed hugs. His wife is missing, his unknowing friends are trying to comfort him and all he's got is a one armed hug and a practiced quaver. It's MH2s mother (don't know her first initial) that jumps back like he's hot and puts her hands in her pockets when Barry pushes the lion narrative.

Something in MH1s body language changes as he tells MH2 to tell the truth. I think he's shifted into suspicion. Anybody else see it? He kind of freezes until he reassures MH2 to keep talking. He's a good Dad, I hope Barry hasn't caused them too much grief.

I've been thinking on the following hypothetical

WWBD (What would Bazza do)

Bazza is a fictional, unreconstructed tradie, whose wife just texted him a few days ago about getting a divorce. Bazza suspects she is having an affair. While away on business, his wife goes dark on him and won't answer calls.

WWBD?

Surely his first guess is she is off with her lover having a sly sunday while he is out of town?

Sure the bike thing is odd (which he doesn't find out about until after 7.30pm .. but wouldn't that be your number one suspicion here?

Wouldn't Bazza have sent a text or two to his wife asking her where the hell she was and why she wasn't answering?

Would Bazza be talking to deputies about a mountain lion with this obvious and massive betrayal on his mind?

WWBD?

But how much Bazza could Bazza bazza if Bazza didn't wanna the coppa to know Mazza had another Bazza on the side?

In putting forth the perfect marriage, not wanting to expose his motive, he eliminated the immediate possibility she'd run off with a lover.

Which means, if we suspend his involvement in her disappearance, he failed to give LE accurate information which might have helped to find her.

Why didn't you want your wife found, Barry?

JMO

WATCH: Judge grants change of venue request in Barry Morphew murder trial

Cahill is mentioned in this article from yesterday’s hearing -
The silence from yesterday afternoon is deafening. The more silent it is the more I think it wasn't good for the prosecution :-( Didn't Lauren or one of the media tweeters say court did not get out until 6:30 PM last night? That's a long long afternoon's worth of testimony and cross examination missing. Makes me so so angry if hacking the webx really occurred.

They're counting on nobody knowing to adjust the time stamps. I can't think of any reason to submit something so pointless as a defense exhibit.
If the exhibit was to get that state to put it on record during the PH that the bobcat was not connected to SM's disappearance, then it worked. I also recall defense attorney DN asking Agent Grusing to read from the AA, pg 41.

Lauren Scharf
@LaurenScharfTV

The BOBCAT, also called the Skidsteer. On page 41 in the affidavit, it states #BarryMorphew was not connected to #SuzanneMorphew disappearance. #FindSuzanne

3:45 PM · Aug 10, 2021

After watching the boyfriend on the body cam, this was very evident to me although I think BM did not care about SM enough to pay attention to the details of a hobby that brought her joy.

He didn't know she would have never gone in that direction.
He didn't know she would have taken her water camel pack.
He didn't know she would have taken her car.
He had no idea she biked in the afternoons.

His whole bike story was a fail for me, based on that young man's interview.

Actually, BM may have known his wife's habits...
But desperate men, desperate measures.

I knew I'd get a reply from you, ;) and I can appreciate different opinions.

Interesting thoughts on his behavior, but I have to wonder, if you believe Barry doesn't know where Suzanne is, what do you think actually happened to Suzanne?

It's one thing, and reasonable, to give Barry the benefit of the doubt on a few details, but doing so for dozens (yes dozens) of independent details is beyond credulity. At a certain point, dozens of trees equals a forest.

Something in MH1s body language changes as he tells MH2 to tell the truth. I think he's shifted into suspicion. Anybody else see it? He kind of freezes until he reassures MH2 to keep talking. He's a good Dad, I hope Barry hasn't caused them too much grief.

The look from son to father as well.
Makes you wonder how much he has heard and witnessed first hand and heard second hand from MM2.
I am curious as to whether BM would have expected them to be involved so quickly and I am also very curious to hear MH2's description of the PP home when he entered it.

jmo

I always wondered if he inherited that short barrel from his father or someone in the family. It's an unusual rifle to have. I suppose forensics could tell if it was used or not.

Nope.

(Barry Morphew Interview – February 29, 2021)
While SA Grusing and SA Harris were parked about one block away from Barry’s condo, Barry drove his truck beside the Agents’ car at about 5:03PM and handed a weathered .22 caliber altered rifle with a newly mounted rifle scope to Agents. Barry said that was the gun he used to shoot the chipmunk and he had to leave to workout at the gym.

http://www./wp-content/uploads/2021/11/AA_Text_html_m2dba9866.png

Barry Morphew Redacted Arrest Affidavit – Find Suzanne Morphew​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members