UK - Lin, 45, & Megan Russell, 6, Chillenden, Kent, 9 July 1996

I believe him.

There was a documentary on BBC some years ago where a team of lawyers and legal experts re-examined the case of Michael Stone, and included phone conversations with Stone.

The evidence that was brought out on that really changed my viewpoint. Sure, he's not probably the type most of us would want to have as a friend, but there was nothing to convince me he was a killer.

This is going to be monumental if proven Stone was innocent all along.

Evil Levi Bellfield admits to hammer murders of Lin and Megan Russell

LEVI Bellfield has finally made a formal confession to the hammer murders of mum and daughter Lin and Megan Russell — and revealed chilling details of the killings.
I’m not sure about LB
He is a narcissist who plays power games
I can’t be certain that he didn’t do it of course but that statement that he has given does not read right
Especially initially leaving the car with blood stained seats and going on holiday only to return a few days later to have it cleaned ? Hmmmm
And the way in which he approached Lin and the two girls with the dog yet was only going to attack Lin but it got out of hand ???? I call BS on that point, even if it’s proven that he was responsible, that part of his statement is BS. IIRC in the Milly Dowler case he got rid of his car straight away ( unless I’m thinking of another ). Plus why if he was only wanting to attack Lin did he do it on the way home from school when she had the girls with her and the stakes were much higher to not only subdue 3 victims instead of 1 and to prevent the girls from screaming and attracting attention to the crime .
They will have to go through this in a very detailed investigation and rule in /out every aspect that he described. Detectives will have to be careful with him

My word…. I’ve got to post something…. I’ve always had HUGE reservations about Stone’s conviction. Damian Daley …. Known and infamous in my town. Wholly unreliable is the nicest thing that can be said. The fact the Bellfield was known to be in the area and the fact that only about 1 in 100million people are capable of doing this kind of thing, it just screamed likelihood to me. I’ve always thought this since knowing Daley was involved. If there was a carrot of a lesser or easier sentence, he would have no qualms about doing ANYTHING.

I’m not sure about LB
I can’t be certain that he didn’t do it of course but that statement that he has given does not read right
Especially initially leaving the car with blood stained seats and going on holiday only to return a few days later to have it cleaned ? Hmmmm
And the way in which he approached Lin and the two girls with the dog yet was only going to attack Lin but it got out of hand ???? I call BS on that point, even if it’s proven that he was responsible, that part of his statement is BS. IIRC in the Milly Dowler case he got rid of his car straight away ( unless I’m thinking of another ). Plus why if he was only wanting to attack Lin did he do it on the way home from school when she had the girls with her and the stakes were much higher to not only subdue 3 victims instead of 1 and to prevent the girls from screaming and attracting attention to the crime .
They will have to go through this in a very detailed investigation and rule in /out every aspect that he described. Detectives will have to be careful with him

He was lucky nobody spotted him walking around in shorts and yellow marigolds covered in blood that day. He would certainly have stood out.

I don’t understand the bit about returning from Turkey to sort the car, there presumably would be a record of this somewhere, if they’re kept this long?

I’d be really interested to know what happens in these unusual circumstances with regards to Stones conviction, I see he was already requesting an appeal due to the shoe lace evidence that came to light recently.

I believe him.

There was a documentary on BBC some years ago where a team of lawyers and legal experts re-examined the case of Michael Stone, and included phone conversations with Stone.

The evidence that was brought out on that really changed my viewpoint. Sure, he's not probably the type most of us would want to have as a friend, but there was nothing to convince me he was a killer.

This is going to be monumental if proven Stone was innocent all along.

BBC Two - The Chillenden Murders, Series 1, Episode 1

I can’t find anything MSM about Judith Golds murder. Looks like she also went by Judith Silver.

Solicitors for Michael Stone say serial killer Levi Bellfield's confession to the murders of Lin and Megan Russell in Kent in 1996 is an 'astonishing breakthrough' that could free their client.

Stone's solicitor said he has received a 'genuine' four-page statement from Bellfield in which he details his involvement in the killings, which would mean his client had suffered a miscarriage of justice.

Solicitor Paul Bacon said: 'I can say I have received a four-page statement from Bellfield, which is a genuine confession, it's an absolutely astonishing breakthrough.

'I will now meet with colleagues following this remarkable development to finally, after many years, get freedom for Michael Stone. This is the evidence that will prove he is innocent.'

Michael Stone's solicitor says Levi Bellfield's confession could free him after 26 years behind bars | Daily Mail Online

While I am not sure Michael Stone is guilty, he was a serial violent offender who was suspected in another (quite different) murder in the 1970s, and I don’t consider that on the profile he has, that he was “incapable” of this crime. On balance, I believe he probably didn’t kill the Russells and certainly to my mind the evidence isn’t there, but he isn’t someone I would rule out entirely.

And I don’t quite believe Bellfield. He will never be released and has to get his kicks somehow. I hope Bellfield is able to provide some evidence of the crime scene that only the killer would have, etc.

Last edited:
I’m not sure about LB

Whilst true, the weakness of the original case combined with this development should make it impossible to hold the conviction of Stone to the 'beyond reasonable doubt' standard.
Another factor which is often ignored is the appalling record of Kent police in 'fitting up' convictions. About 10 years ago a number of Kent officers were arrested for fiddling crime statistics by loading unsolved crimes onto suspects arrested for unrelated crimes. And given that those involved were up to Inspector level it is probable that even more senior officers were involved. The suggestion at the time was that this had been going on for years and was just the tip of an iceberg of dubious practice led from the top.
I know that reviews of this case have been carried out by other forces but it is essential that any further investigation in this case is carried out by a force and officers with unimpeachable integrity.

To be fair @alb1on is was 4 officers from Maidstone - that's not indicative of endemic corruption.

While I am not sure Michael Stone is guilty, he was a serial violent offender who was suspected in another (quite different) murder in the 1970s, and I don’t consider that on the profile he has, that he was “incapable” of this crime. On balance, I believe he probably didn’t kill the Russells and certainly to my mind the evidence isn’t there, but he isn’t someone I would rule out entirely.

And I don’t quite believe Bellfield. He will never be released and has to get his kicks somehow. I hope Bellfield is able to provide some evidence of the crime scene that only the killer would have, etc.

Seen so many folks saying on social media saying MS is a poor bloke for being imprisoned. He absolutely belongs behind bars, not on this charge though.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304
Back