CANADA Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dotr may have already posted this. This was an attempted double-homicide of a couple and the killer was caught on cctv walking to and from the scene. (Emphasis mine.) Suspect:

“Wendy was shot twice in the head, while Robert was shot dead. Investigators are now saying the suspect likely hid inside their Homewood residence for hours waiting to kill.

“I think it was something that was planned,” said Lt. Nelson Resendes with the Placer County Sheriff’s Office….

….The suspect was caught on surveillance video leaving the Spohrs home with his face covered up tough to identify.

CBS13 asked Adrienne if her mom remembers anything from the day her husband was killed.

READ MORE: 'Parents Worst Nightmare:' Update From Family Of 16-Year-Old Injured In Antelope Shooting
“No, and to be honest with you, I don’t know if I’ll ever want her to because she would have seen my dad with gunshot wounds,” she said.

Without Wendy’s memory, the Spohr family is offering a $150,000 reward for anyone who may have seen something.

“He walked along that bike lane for almost an hour. There’s people who travel along that bike lane with GoPros and camera footage,” Adrienne said.

So after eight months, what do investigators know so far about the suspect?

The sheriff’s office told CBS13 the murder was not random. Here’s why.

“The fact that this person knew how to get into the house, where to hide undetected, leads us to believe there’s more to it,” Lt. Nelson Resendes said.

Sources told CBS13 that investigators are considering the possibility the suspect was hired to kill the Spohrs, hoping the large reward will turn up answers for the family.”

Several Months After Tahoe Couple Was Targeted By Killer, Family Offers Reward For Information

That would be an example of the typical hit, shoot quickly, be out and on their way. But to take additional time and effort to pose bodies in such a way that it appears even for a moment have been a m/s….to me that evens very different because it involves an emotional aspect. If someone is hired to kill, death is the objective and so the mission is accomplished the minute the victims heart stops beating.

In the Sherman case it seems to me someone with a very personal vengeance and who was extremely diabolical was directly involved, a person who got their rocks off by viewing up close both Barry and Honey satisfactorily positioned in such a way as to illustrate their end of life game was of their own making. If not for that reason, what would be the point the staging? JMO

No doubt there is a long list of individual builders and contractors, who have been sued and otherwise unfairly treated by Barry Sherman. I would hope anybody working for him recently had contracts with clauses that would limit their exposure to Barry's pettiness and apparent greed.

From a behavioral point of view though, all the circumstances (the location of the deaths, the form of the killing, the staging and so on) all point to a emotional relationship between the perpetrator(s) and the victims.

Even though there are a potentially a large number of individuals who may have had a motive based on being sued by Barry, nothing to me points to the fact that this was a retribution type killing.

We have a prime suspect in the NW, the TPS should focus on him, determine where he was walking that night. If you can discover his destination, there will be a high probability you will eventually learn his identity and solve the case.
People continue to say it's just business, this killing was personal. Business is personal to a lot of people.

People continue to say it's just business, this killing was personal. Business is personal to a lot of people.

Business might be personal but thankfully it takes a true nutcase to kill because of it. Somebody doesn’t just go from being a law abiding citizen their entire life to being capable of this kind of vicious and cruel murder overnight, there’d be a long history of mental illness along the way IMO.

I doubt Barry Sherman is alone in ever suing a shoddy contractor for unsatisfactory work. A lawsuit doesn’t fly in court based on a homeowners negative opinion because they don’t like the work or they were difficult to deal with. All kinds of professional engineer’s reports would be required to support the identified weaknesses.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member