Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #94

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO MOO BBM

Oh ok, so he didn’t go to an actual car wash but was at a gas station and cleaned his windshield only. Answers my question as to why that stop wasn’t considered a trash drop.
@LandManatee -- I don't believe you were mistaken. Not every detail was revealed in the AA and I believe it was Agent Grusing that introduced the carwash. At the time, I recall thinking of BM's extended time at or near the Mens Warehouse. JMO

What's it with this man and trash cans?

So he's at the market and just decides to walk over to a trash can, reach in, and grab a receipt to write his bizarre note on?

Most people would walk inside and ask for a piece of paper.

I believe he realized he looked suspicious and then scribbled that note to alleviate that.
Also telling, aside from not being able to give a physical description of his angel - baby blue bike helmet.
MM2's boyfriend was able to use the term turquoise to describe the color of Suzanne's clothing.
Was BM deflecting by using a vague term for color?
(Possibly color blind or unable, I know)

So what did he write? He couldn’t describe her at all. And why not make fliers day 1? Why not call all the media in on day 1? If it’s my relative, you better believe I’m screaming on Sunday night for someone to please find them. But, oh yeah, for Barry it was “too soon”.
I believe (Super Bowl is coming up and I’m too distracted to look) that Barry stated that the girls were working on flyers at that point. So you’re out looking for your wife and in order to leave a note, you have to dig scrap paper out of the trash? Nothing in your vehicle? Hm I wonder what he was driving that day too.

So he's at the market and just decides to walk over to a trash can, reach in, and grab a receipt to write his bizarre note on?

I believe he realized he looked suspicious and then scribbled that note to alleviate that.
Also telling, aside from not being able to give a physical description of his angel - baby blue bike helmet.
MM2's boyfriend was able to use the term turquoise to describe the color of Suzanne's clothing.
Was BM deflecting by using a different term for color?
After 25+ years of marriage, BM did not or could not be accurate in the description of Suzanne's favorite color? But the boyfriend could?

So do we think it’s possible Barry damaged the blade while moving a boulder covering a mine shaft? If he was prepping it earlier in the week how did he get the boulder moved back after disposal of the body? Wouldn’t the bobcat be necessary?
Good thought, but doubtful he would have taken the skid steer up to a mineshafts, that would have certainly been noticed, risky and a lengthy period of time.

It has zero to do with her going missing under her own steam I think and everything to do with 12 jurors that can agree no one else was possibly involved but Barry. After 2 years I am thinking jurors agree that she would have made contact with her daughters if she were enjoying the beach life in Equador. I personally think the decision is all about either Barry or maybe not Barry. It is huge. One he heads for prison for a long time or he walks never to be tried again for her murder unless they find her someday and he crossed states lines so could be charged federally…which the timeline doesn’t really allow I don’t think.
^^bbm
Oh my, I didn't think I had to state the obvious and apologize that my post was unclear. I shall edit to add how there's no evidence of a lion attack and the partial DNA profile has since been neutralized.

Done.

Last edited:
I actually do not agree that the mountain lion theory had legs. The Sheriff later said one had been spotted. Her missing her doctor’s appointment only discounts a runaway theory and is not connected to her murder. There is much that would point to her being deceased and some things that would support an abduction theory that would not support a “Barry did it” case. Opportunity is the strongest argument prosecution has right now since they have a relative when and no how anymore really.
At first I thought there was a slimmer of possibility of a mountain lion, only from the standpoint that it could have scared her and caused her to have an accident on the bike. But quickly debunked.

It's so stupid it infuriates me.

This mountain lion would have to kidnap Suzanne without leaving any sign of an attack.

He'd have to carry her a considerable distance.

He'd have to have opposable thumbs in order to toss the bike.

He'd then have to remove and transport her helmet to another location.

Barry knew this, like every human being on earth that understands that only a cartoon lion could do something like this.

That didn't stop him from posing that theory on both day one, and months later.

That alone shows his guilt.

"It's so stupid it infuriates me"

Think of it this way @MassGuy

For some there's a type of challenge in all this.
A goal to make people believe something other than what's so clearly before them.

Last edited:
"It's so stupid it infuriates me"

Think of it this way @MassGuy

For some there's a type of challenge in all this.
A goal to make people believe something other than what's so clearly before them.
And that would be the job of the prosecution. I have to assume they are sharpening their previously dull pencils.

And didn't Barry tell investigators that he'd forgiven Suzanne but could never be with her again, since she didn't want him? Even if she came back alive. And if the girls had to learn of The Affair, they wouldn't even talk to her?

You hear that, in missing person cases -- if our loved one comes back, by some miracle, we'll reject her. Because, well, sin. She done us wrong.

But what about I want you back so bad?

Or not.

Maybe godly Barry's bible doesn't have the story of the prodigal son.

I can't imagine anyone who couldn't put their differences aside to welcome the lost home. The mother of his children!

Yeah, he couldn't seem to remember when he stopped searching.

He said it. Why should he put anything more into it, if she didn't want him anymore.

Ego much?

Real love never stops searching.

JMO

AA PP. 87/89, 89/91, 93/95

Colorado Judicial Branch - Chaffee - Cases of Interest - People of the State of Colorado v. Barry Lee Morphew

And didn't Barry tell investigators that he'd forgiven Suzanne but could never be with her again, since she didn't want him? Even if she came back alive. And if the girls had to learn of The Affair, they wouldn't even talk to her?

You hear that, in missing person cases -- if our loved one comes back, by some miracle, we'll reject her. Because, well, sin. She done us wrong.

But what about I want you back so bad?

Or not.

Maybe godly Barry's bible doesn't have the story of the prodigal son.

I can't imagine anyone who couldn't put their differences aside to welcome the lost home. The mother of his children!

Yeah, he couldn't seem to remember when he stopped searching.

He said it. Why should he put anything more into it, if she didn't want him anymore.

Ego much?

Real love never stops searching.

JMO

AA PP. 87/89, 89/91, 93/95

Colorado Judicial Branch - Chaffee - Cases of Interest - People of the State of Colorado v. Barry Lee Morphew
Megnut, there are so many insane statements by Barry I had forgotten about him saying he wouldn't want her anymore. I don't seem to have the words now to express the disgust I feel toward him. Regardless of what she had done, and say if she had been abducted or killed by a lion, for him to say he wouldn't want her anymore?

Oh Barry, truth is, she didn't want you anymore. And your ego cannot handle it.

Megnut, there are so many insane statements by Barry I had forgotten about him saying he wouldn't want her anymore. I don't seem to have the words now to express the disgust I feel toward him. Regardless of what she had done, and say if she had been abducted or killed by a lion, for him to say he wouldn't want her anymore?

Oh Barry, truth is, she didn't want you anymore. And your ego cannot handle it.

I can't speak for Suzanne but maybe I can speak for a lot of women like her. What Suzanne probably wanted was the marriage she signed up for, a husband who could communicate, not dismiss. Discuss, not spin. Cooperate, not block. You know, a partnership. Free of deceit. Free of physical and emotional and financial abuse.

For those who are quick to find fault in her, Suzanne did not have another option. He said it -- divorce, not an option. And he didn't seem interested in being a decent, safe spouse.

Pained, she reached a point where she wanted out, needed to be out. Wanted to divorce civilly. Fairly. Which should have been her right. She conceded all the ways she stay connected (stay in the area temporarily, continue with the invoices, help him find a commensurate home).

He had other plans.

And as we've seen, she didn't get a vote.

JMO

I think we all were suspicious of the date of that card ( the date is not shown, just implied). I don’t doubt it’s her handwriting but Something about the timing of that interview seemed like such a reach on BM’s part.
He had spoken to LS in August and that really backfired on him, made him look more guilty. Then in September the big search by AM with AM accusing him in the Press. Then the news that he was selling the house.
This interview was so obviously him trying to fix his image. IMO

Barry Morphew Shares More Photos And Love Letter Nearly 5 Months After Wife, Suzanne, Disappears
SALIDA, Colo. (CBS4) – The home of a missing mother from Salida is now up for sale. Suzanne Morphew’s husband, Barry, tells CBS4 part of the decision to list it was due to what he believes happened to her.
BM is a piece of work!

1. He told CBS4 that his daughters are terrified to return to the house....

You have all your game cameras, you know, like the ones you put up when your brother in law was trying to find your wife.

2. CBS4 sat down with him at the house on Sunday, with no cameras. He wanted to share his side of the story.

Just like Leticia Stuach, gotta make sure the camera can't see you.

3. We asked Barry why he didn’t join the search. He said it was because he had already spent months doing the same with close friends.

Garbage. He didn't help because he didnt want to help. This is the same guy that said it was "too soon" to call out to abductors. Oh yeah, then there is his 28 second video which was only for facebook viewers...ugh!

4. When her cancer came back, he said he and his daughters were the only family by her side.

Really? In her grievances she said on two cancer appointments BM took off.

5. As for the Val. Card...

How old is it??? In the timeline it says 2017 was the last time SM "ever" posted a picture of her husband on her fb account. Yet posted a picture of her with her girls on May 8. 2020.

6. Suzanne’s daughters started a page to aid in the search for their mother.

No they did not.
Later one of them was listed as a beneficiary.
Don't even get me started on that go fund Barry account. You know the account Barry, it's the account you paid George 4000.00 out of?! (AA).

I actually do not agree that the mountain lion theory had legs. The Sheriff later said one had been spotted. Her missing her doctor’s appointment only discounts a runaway theory and is not connected to her murder. There is much that would point to her being deceased and some things that would support an abduction theory that would not support a “Barry did it” case. Opportunity is the strongest argument prosecution has right now since they have a relative when and no how anymore really.
^^bbm

There's truly no evidentiary basis for OP's theory.

Not in May of 2020, and not today.

It came directly from BM and he promoted it every opportunity he had.

And Sheriff citing a lion spotted is not the same as saying that an attack by a lion is credible, and a total misrepresentation of the Sheriff. Especially since black bears, mountain lions, moose, deer, and rattlesnakes all call Colorado’s wilderness home.

Reportedly, CCSO worked 24-hour shifts for days investigating and searching for SM including the closure of US-50 for an entire day.

At CCSO's first opportunity, Sheriff Spezze conducted his only press conference for this case on Wednesday, May 13, 2020, and there was no further information by Sheriff Spezze until BM's arrest in May 2021.

Following the press conference, in direct response to a reporter's question about a possible lion attack, as promoted by BM, Sheriff Spezze stated that the probability of a lion attack was not very high.

On Wednesday, Sheriff John Spezze told CBS4 while it’s an open investigation, he would not rule out a criminal investigation. He adds the probability of an animal attack is not very high.

National news networks across the country have reported the same on how a lion attacking SM is very unlikely.

Countless experts continue to opine that lion attacks in Colorado are not common. In fact, wildlife officers suggest people in Colorado should be more fearful of deer -- the most common wildlife people encounter.

After a trail runner was attacked, officials offered the following:

Fight for your life

Mountain lion attacks in Colorado are rare, officials said. The act of running may have triggered the young lion’s instinct to hunt.

“Mountain lion attacks are not common in Colorado and it is unfortunate that the lion’s hunting instincts were triggered by the runner,” said Ty Petersburg, area wildlife manager for Colorado Parks and Wildlife. “This could have had a very different outcome.”

“The runner did everything he could to save his life,” said Mark Leslie, Colorado Parks and Wildlife northeast region manager. [..]

People attacked by mountain lions should do exactly what this victim did: Fight for your life.

To avoid a physical confrontation, a person should yell, throw rocks and make themselves appear bigger by standing tall and waving their arms and facing the mountain lion, Ferrell said.

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (KKTV) - Wildlife officers say animal attacks are rare in Colorado, but they do happen. [..]

While deer are the most common wildlife people encounter, they can be dangerous.

Family: Suzanne Morphew's Husband Offers $100,000 Reward In Disappearance Investigation

Colorado trail runner attacked by mountain lion choked cat to death with hands, arms and feet – The Denver Post

Common, potentially dangerous mistakes made when seeing wildlife

Last edited:

At the beginning of Covid, we personally were spraying mail and packages with Lysol. I recall not touching anything that anyone else may have touched. Others garbage especially was something you wouldn't put your hands into. He's truly a risk taker. :eek:

Was BM deflecting by using a vague term for color?
Also the fact he had no "clue" what brand of bike she had even though he had just removed it from her vehicle and he atm'd the money to purchase the bike. But I give him credit, he DID recall it have colorful pedals.

I don’t think it was to turn it on, I think it was to hide it someplace else. This got me to thinking about the Poncha Market again. I was looking at it on Google maps when something jumped out at me. Remember when the defense was making a big push to say BM went to Salida S&S at 5:00 on Saturday? Everyone knew they closed at 2:00 on Saturday. They were trying to make up for some extra miles on BM’s truck which I think was actually the result of his left hand turn to the west on Hwy 50 on Sunday morning.
What if BM had actually gone to Poncha Market on Sunday morning on his way out of town to dump SM’s phone? Salida S&S is only 2 minutes from the Poncha Market. SM’s last ping was off a tower 11 miles west of the Poncha Springs cell tower early on Sunday morning if I recall. I think BM had the phone in his truck as he was heading towards town, which would put him west of the tower.
By Tuesday, BM knew that LE had suspicions about him and his story. Did he try to retrieve the phone so he could dump it further away?
The other possibility was that he had stashed it somewhere, retrieved it on Tuesday, and planted it in the trash at the market for disposal. He knew the market was closed, but didn’t expect any workers to still be on the premises.
Still playing with all the pieces………..

Suzanne's phone last pinged in the near vicinity of Puma Path.

I keep going back to what he said.

When Agents tell Barry they don’t have her phone, he says, “Nobody found her phone?” and then, “I figured you guys had to have it.” He then says, “See, that’s, that’s, that’s really weird, because I thought from day one you guys had the phone.”

When Barry was asked where he would look for the phone knowing where the bike and the helmet were, he said, “In between.” (Page 79 of 129)

It's got to be somewhere along US 50 between Maysville and the Garfield turn. Right? That was the staging, someone carried her off west.

As for Poncha Market ...

May 12, 2020 – 20:00 – Barry found digging in the trash at Poncha Market
“He went to write down a description of maybe what she was wearing,” Butala said. “I just thought it was weird because he didn’t explain what the color of her eyes were or her hair or anything about her, like how tall she was or anything.”

(Possible Second Device for Barry)
On June 11, 2020, your affiant received information from FBI SA Grusing and Computer Scientist Brian Turner that while reviewing the data from the cell phone extraction of Barry’s iPhone, they found a second device, User ID: 2BD073C4-EFD5-413C-92AC-351DD5B43C11, identifier: REDACTED was associated with Barry’s iPhone with an SMS at 03:43:44 PM MST on May 8th, 2020.

This user ID is separate from the primary User ID: D2AAE6DB-8F77-4583-B5D4-B966F3D23F70, identifier: REDACTED

This second device was first used on November 30,2019 and was associated with Barry’s iPhone 91 times since then, compared to 1,701 associations with the primary User ID since November 2019.

Dates this device was associated with Barry’s iPhone since May 5, 2020:

05/05/2020 12:48:34 PM (UTC-6)
05/10/2020 08:47:28 AM (UTC -6)
05110/2020 11:50:52 AM (UTC -6)
05/11/2020 07:54:50 AM (UTC -6)
05/11/2020 08:14:29 AM (UTC -6)
05/11/2020 05:44;42 PM (UTC -6)
05/12/2020 05:58:11 PM (UTC -6)

Barry had two minutes between being seen on camera at the US 50 junction and the next camera up the highway. I never could locate the next camera on street view, but Grusing didn't indicate that he thought Barry did anything but go directly to Broomfield after the Garfield turn around.

Suzanne's phone last pinged in the near vicinity of Puma Path.

I keep going back to what he said.

When Agents tell Barry they don’t have her phone, he says, “Nobody found her phone?” and then, “I figured you guys had to have it.” He then says, “See, that’s, that’s, that’s really weird, because I thought from day one you guys had the phone.”

When Barry was asked where he would look for the phone knowing where the bike and the helmet were, he said, “In between.” (Page 79 of 129)

It's got to be somewhere along US 50 between Maysville and the Garfield turn. Right? That was the staging, someone carried her off west.

As for Poncha Market ...

May 12, 2020 – 20:00 – Barry found digging in the trash at Poncha Market
“He went to write down a description of maybe what she was wearing,” Butala said. “I just thought it was weird because he didn’t explain what the color of her eyes were or her hair or anything about her, like how tall she was or anything.”

(Possible Second Device for Barry)
On June 11, 2020, your affiant received information from FBI SA Grusing and Computer Scientist Brian Turner that while reviewing the data from the cell phone extraction of Barry’s iPhone, they found a second device, User ID: 2BD073C4-EFD5-413C-92AC-351DD5B43C11, identifier: REDACTED was associated with Barry’s iPhone with an SMS at 03:43:44 PM MST on May 8th, 2020.

This user ID is separate from the primary User ID: D2AAE6DB-8F77-4583-B5D4-B966F3D23F70, identifier: REDACTED

This second device was first used on November 30,2019 and was associated with Barry’s iPhone 91 times since then, compared to 1,701 associations with the primary User ID since November 2019.

Dates this device was associated with Barry’s iPhone since May 5, 2020:

05/05/2020 12:48:34 PM (UTC-6)
05/10/2020 08:47:28 AM (UTC -6)
05110/2020 11:50:52 AM (UTC -6)
05/11/2020 07:54:50 AM (UTC -6)
05/11/2020 08:14:29 AM (UTC -6)
05/11/2020 05:44;42 PM (UTC -6)
05/12/2020 05:58:11 PM (UTC -6)

Barry had two minutes between being seen on camera at the US 50 junction and the next camera up the highway. I never could locate the next camera on street view, but Grusing didn't indicate that he thought Barry did anything but go directly to Broomfield after the Garfield turn around.
Maybe Barry took Suzanne’s phone and her helmet and tossed them out the window separately as another look here not there ploy? Just because Grusing didn’t ask Barry if he rolled down the window doesn’t mean he didn’t suspect that is exactly what Barry did. Also he may not have had the entire truck telematics back at that time or just wanted to remain silent. If Barry did toss either anywhere near Garfield and Suzanne is indeed in a mine it’s not the Garfield mine. IMO
EBM for typos

It's so stupid it infuriates me.

This mountain lion would have to kidnap Suzanne without leaving any sign of an attack.

He'd have to carry her a considerable distance.

He'd have to have opposable thumbs in order to toss the bike.

He'd then have to remove and transport her helmet to another location.

Barry knew this, like every human being on earth that understands that only a cartoon lion could do something like this.

That didn't stop him from posing that theory on both day one, and months later.

That alone shows his guilt.

Ninja Puma Bobcat Hybrids!

Taking women without a single drop of blood, claw mark, or broken blade of grass since 2020!

Ninja Puma Bobcat Hybrids!

Taking women without a single drop of blood, claw mark, or broken blade of grass since 2020!

We had ninjas thrown around as suspects in the Mollie Tibbetts case, so I think a variation like that is perfect here.

It's as plausible as any other theory the defense can throw out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23