GUILTY VA - Codi Bigsby, 4, last seen at dad's home, Hampton, 31 Jan 2022 *dad charged* #2

hollye

Reaction score
On January 31, 2022, at approximately 9:06 a.m., officers were called and responded to the 100 block of Ranalet Drive in reference to a missing juvenile. Once on scene officers met with the father of the juvenile and were informed that Cody Bigsby was last seen in the residence overnight at approximately 2:00 a.m.

Cody is a four-year-old black male, standing approximately 3 feet tall. He was last seen wearing all black clothing and Spider-Man flip-flops.

Missing Endangered Juvenile: 100 Block of Ranalet Drive

THREAD #1

Attachments

• 94FECCFC-63D3-4CAB-885B-AD61ADDDA0D3.jpeg
    94FECCFC-63D3-4CAB-885B-AD61ADDDA0D3.jpeg
    84 KB · Views: 20
Last edited by a moderator:
Sweet little Codi.

FKdTNrzWUAEzRYD

TY @Snoopster!
VA - VA - Codi Bigsby, 4, last seen at dad's home, Cory Bigsby (dad) named as POI, Hampton, 31 Jan 2022

I'm upset at what the Chief had to share today regarding Cory asking for legal counsel. He spoke with such authority on that subject previously, I absolutely took him at his word. Bottom line - when a person asks for an attorney it's a hard stop. Now I'm worried that terrible mistake is going to compromise the whole case. What other mistakes were made? Was the detective so focused on Cory that other evidence was ignored? The Chief says no, he is confident in the investigations focus. Do we take him at his word again?

Here's what we've got here, in a nutshell. A father with sole custody of 4 little ones is in jail indefinitely, with no bail, for the crime of leaving the children unattended at home. The attorney for the commonwealth is now tasked with deciding if he was held involuntarily (false imprisonment) and it's been determined that his right to counsel has been ignored.

He's apparently failed a lie detector test, which are so unreliable that they are inadmissible in court.

I think at this point, the new lead detective owes his attorney an explanation for why they were so sure - from the first hours - that Cody Bigsby is guilty of making his son disappear.

"Talbot says Cory Bigsby, who was being questioned at the police department after reporting Codi missing the morning of January 31, ultimately made a confession in the early morning hours of February 1 following a polygraph test and a heated exchange with a lead detective hours into the interrogative process."

I'm real curious how he "ultimately" made a confession. Was this confession before or after he asked for a lawyer?

"Talbot says Cory Bigsby, who was being questioned at the police department after reporting Codi missing the morning of January 31, ultimately made a confession in the early morning hours of February 1 following a polygraph test and a heated exchange with a lead detective hours into the interrogative process."

I'm real curious how he "ultimately" made a confession. Was this confession before or after he asked for a lawyer?

The way that's worded, it does sound like it was after his ignored request for an attorney. But the chief said a couple times, this gaff won't affect them being able to prosecute for negligence of his children, so maybe the confession was actually made before his rights were violated.

Just to be clear, Cody is being held with seven counts of felony child abuse, according to the presser. It’s not as if he just stepped out for milk and bread. MOO

Right. The felonies are for once leaving 4 of them home alone, and once leaving 3 of them home alone. I think the charges are felony child neglect.

And yes, it wasn't for stepping out for milk and bread, it was several hour spans.

Last edited:
I do wonder... is the immense amount of evidence only pertaining to him leaving the children home alone or is it why they named him a POI in Codi's disappearance.

Just because he left the children home alone, does not mean he harmed Codi.

I have lost a little confidence at this point.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back