Identified! TN - Jellico, Big Wheel Gap Rd, WhtFem 9-15, 482UFTN, button necklace, bracelet, shoes, Apr'85 - Tracy Sue Walker

Back in the early 2000's I turned in this Jane Doe as being a possible match for Cherrie Mahan. I believe I contacted the Doe Network since it was before NamUs was a thing. They told me she was ruled out but she still isn't on the NamUs rule out list.

The only reason I said this might not be Toni, is because this is a local case to me, and it has been said that they believe her remains are local, maybe ever buried close by, but she has never been found, and her step father is a suspect.

I am one to usually say, hey, it can't hurt to turn in the possible match, but I was just stating about her step father being the suspect, so you do you. We are here to support each other to give these Doe's their names back.

I guess my implicit thought was that the stepfather could have taken her a bit farther than they thought. Is the Charley Project summary more or less accurate?

I guess my implicit thought was that the stepfather could have taken her a bit farther than they thought. Is the Charley Project summary more or less accurate?

The Charley Project Summary is pretty close to what I have read, the Pittsburgh Post Gazette had a article about her disappearance a few years back, but you have to pay to read it now. ( i was going to copy and paste it.) It was just a little bit more in depth with people stating that they believe he buried her close to home. (but that is just speculation of course)

Well - Sherry Young has finally been ruled out as being this Jane Doe. (I have been wondering if she was Sherry since 2013)The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
This Jane Doe currently has 34 rule outs:
MP3137 Sherry Young 06/01/1984 Orange FL
MP6022Carol Donn 01/02/1981 Palm Beach FL
MP2547 Kim Larrow 06/08/1981 Wayne MI
MP6327 Marjorie Luna 05/27/1984 Palm Beach FL
MP6429 Julie Moseley 12/23/1974 Tarrant TX
MP53756 Michelle Wells 01/01/1982 Wayne MI
MP5783 Ellen Akers 04/19/1981 Volusia FL
MP7091 Emma Vaughn 07/10/1982 Orange FL
MP2345 Carla Corley 08/12/1980 Jefferson AL
MP1868 Shannon Potter 03/03/1984 Baltimore MD
MP2785 Christina White 04/28/1979 Asotin WA
MP4382 Sharon Baldeagle 09/18/1984 Dewey SD
MP2663 Tricia Kellett 05/07/1982 Cook IL
MP1815 Tammy Belanger 11/13/1984 Rockingham NH
MP4554 Debra Pscholka 06/05/1971 Riverside CA
Debra Pscholka CA
MP1868 Shannon Potter 03/03/1984 Baltimore MD
MP6264 Charlotte Kinsey 09/25/1981 Oklahoma OK
MP6286 Patricia Leblanc 08/12/1983 King WA
MP2538 Donna Barnhill 03/18/1981 Davidson NC
MP2350 Sherry Marler 06/06/1984 Butler AL
Rachel Garden NH
Tracy Byrd PA
Debra J Cole IN
Barbra Jean Pauley Hunt
Mary Ann Hogland-McCluskey
Tiffany Papesh
Melina Creech
Kristi Vorak
Melanie Flynn
Ruth Ann Fields

Bumping exclusions

Back in the early 2000's I turned in this Jane Doe as being a possible match for Cherrie Mahan. I believe I contacted the Doe Network since it was before NamUs was a thing.

The only reason I said this might not be Toni, is because this is a local case to me, and it has been said that they believe her remains are local, maybe ever buried close by, but she has never been found, and her step father is a suspect.

I am one to usually say, hey, it can't hurt to turn in the possible match, but I was just stating about her step father being the suspect, so you do you. We are here to support each other to give these Doe's their names back.
Back in the early 2000's I turned in this Jane Doe as being a possible match for Cherrie Mahan. I believe I contacted the Doe Network since it was before NamUs was a thing. They told me she was ruled out but she still isn't on the NamUs rule out list.

I appreciate your thoughts on it! I'm new and trying to learn, so I value what y'all say.

Bumping this thread up a little. I submitted a candidate who wasn't reported missing until 2019. I guess I'm exhausting the list of potential candidates.

It's this girl: Charlotte Erdman

I submitted Erdman because her head shape and nose looked similar to Jane Doe in my opinion. That coupled with the fact that she was a runaway. Maybe Erdman traveled around the country? That letter postmarked from Illinois is proof enough for me. She was also 15 which puts Erdman at the high end of the age range.

She's a great candidate for Lady of the Dunes too right up there with Patricia Newsome

Erdman's thread on WS

Her "button" necklace looks like the plastic version of the Hawaiian puka shell necklace. I think it is listed as plastic. By the 1980's puka shells were fairly expensive for a full necklace. Typically this style was worn by guys, popularized by David Cassidy in the 1970's. In the 1990s it became the "bro" necklace that we know, but in the 1980s, the popularity would more be west coast, ocean communities, etc. Not a standard female type of jewelry.Thoughts?

Her "button" necklace looks like the plastic version of the Hawaiian puka shell necklace. I think it is listed as plastic. By the 1980's puka shells were fairly expensive for a full necklace. Typically this style was worn by guys, popularized by David Cassidy in the 1970's. In the 1990s it became the "bro" necklace that we know, but in the 1980s, the popularity would more be west coast, ocean communities, etc. Not a standard female type of jewelry.Thoughts?
It certainly looks like one of these. My sisters and I used to get them on vacations to Mexico.

It certainly looks like one of these. My sisters and I used to get them on vacations to Mexico.
Yes. Though made of plastic, which is interesting. I wonder if it's a clue to a previous location. The popularities of those are coastal/tropical areas.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back