Found Deceased UK - Jamie Cannon, 19, dad-to-be, Saltcoats, Ayrshire, 20 May 2021

I’ve just been down to Africa house and had a walk around. There is no way in, all windows and doors bricked up. The only way in is with a ladder because the roof is missing. If the body has been left outside then he’s recently been put there.

Thanks for sharing with us. Is there a Police cordon there?

I’ve just been down to Africa house and had a walk around. There is no way in, all windows and doors bricked up. The only way in is with a ladder because the roof is missing. If the body has been left outside then he’s recently been put there.

According to the news article, it says the body was found 'within' Africa House. Could just be early reporting without exact details, or it might be correct. I really hope Police are fully investigating this with all the resources possible

Sounds like there may be more to come from this.

------

POLICE Scotland have taped off a large section of Ayrshire woodlands, after a body was discovered in the search for missing Jamie Cannon.

The tragic discovery was made less than two miles away from where the teen was last spotted, nine months ago.

A large wooded area next to an abandoned industrial unit, near Burma Road, is currently locked down, as detectives launch a probe.

Officers are set to remain on the scene overnight, with a generator and flood lights stationed around the police cordon.

Cops tape off Scots woods as body found 2 miles from where Jamie Cannon vanished

The removal of the body may be complicated by how long it’s been there. That doesn’t make this situation suspicious. Baseless speculation is not what the family need right now.

'Baseless speculation'? Those of us who have followed this case for 9 months will know there has been a lot that has perplexed about the disappearance on more than one level. We are not forming any theories, just laying out questions, as is more or less what Websleuths is about.

RIP Jamie. Thoughts to family & friends during this sad time,

Police Scotland can confirm that the body recovered in the Ardeer area of Stevenston, on Saturday, 26 February, has been identified as Jamie Cannon, who was reported missing from Saltcoats in May 2021.

Jamie’s family have been made aware and are being supported by officers. They have requested privacy and our thoughts remain with them at this time.

The death is not being treated as suspicious and a report will be sent to the Procurator Fiscal.

This is really sad news for his poor family.

I do hope in the next coming weeks questions will be asked as to why it took so long to find him when search teams had been sent down there multiple times with dogs. I cannot help but feel that there is just a little bit more to this sad story.

This is really sad news for his poor family.

I do hope in the next coming weeks questions will be asked as to why it took so long to find him when search teams had been sent down there multiple times with dogs. I cannot help but feel that there is just a little bit more to this sad story.
My thoughts exactly, trained dogs couldnt find this young lad so something doesnt add up for me! jmo

I am in this small town on a very regular basis and live very nearby. The same rumour has been repeated since the beginning but you seem to be very sure of yourself Ironside, do you live close by too?

Last edited:
ADMIN REMINDERS:

Images or information from the accounts of random individuals are not allowed. If it's not MSM or from LE, or other approved sources (scholarly articles, government agencies), you can't post it.

Also, to post any image a link MUST be provided to the approved source unless you took the picture yourself, otherwise it is a violation of not only Websleuths copyright rules, it is a violation of copyright law. People can't just snag an image or any information off the internet without giving credit to the author or owner of the article.

Have the police investigated the rumours?

I know the police aren't perfect, but if they have concluded no suspicious circumstances, I think we have to believe that.

Terrible another young man is missing from Saltcoats, Corry Ferguson, there is a thread here. I hope they find him safe and well.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back