GUILTY CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, fake abduction Nov 2016, ARREST MAR 2022 #25

Status
Not open for further replies.
You assume that Sherri thinks like a rational person. What she has is a need for the people close to her to see her a certain way and treat her a certain way. Being in prison wouldn't necessarily preclude that, especially the relatively light sentence I expect she would receive for the charges so far against her. She's probably watching Orange is the New Black right now to prepare herself.

She needs to suffer a financial burden to her lifestyle that she can't just get a man to wave away and compulsory psychiatric therapy from a good therapist she won't be able to manipulate
I assume she thinks like a rational person???? No, that isn't me. I subscribe to Mrs.Watson's theory.
A financial burden means she has to come up with money. I shutter to think how she would do that. The last thing society needs is her out on the loose coming up with ways to meet a financial burden.

^^bbm

While I'm not a mental health professional, IMO, SP exhibits characteristics similar to narcissistic personality disorder which is a mental condition in which people have an inflated sense of their own importance, a deep need for excessive attention and admiration, troubled relationships, and a lack of empathy for others.

I also think alleging her captors were Hispanic women that further tortured her with their music and food comes off as a borderline hate crime (no pun intended with border-line).

When the Judge in the Jussie Smollett case addressed him in a reprimand before he was sentenced to 150 days in jail and 30 days probation following a conviction of 5 counts of lying to police about a staged hate crime, he delivered a stunning rebuke of the actor.

Similar to Papini being characterized as a charitable citizen and super mom, the Judge acknowledged that although the actor had a history of decades of support for social justice, there was also a dark side to him that was profoundly arrogant, selfish, and narcissistic.

The Judge talked about how Smollet's need for attention overruled his good side when he premeditated (planned) his hoax, and that the premeditation here was an aggravating factor.

Similarly, Papini's hoax was not a crime of opportunity. When she got out of bed on November 2, 2016, she knew in advance that her former boyfriend was going to collect her and take her to Costa Mesa because she planned this -- it was all premeditated wherein legal terms was an aggravating factor. Like a movie script, she chose a person (Reyes) that she knew was loyal to her and that she trusted.

Clearly, Papini's dark side of selfishness and narcissism where she craves extensive attention took over her healthy side.

Just as important, we know that Papini has a long history of lying, attention seeking, and self-harm. Once again, by carrying out this alleged hoax, she got the pity party that she wanted and didn't care that she used others (her selfish, narcissistic side).

Again, Papini squandered police as well as real victim resources because she was arrogant and selfish! She never wanted this crime solved because she did all of this [to] herself, and solving the crime would 'out her.'

While some will no doubt say that by Papini turning her life upside down by her misconduct and shenanigans and that she has suffered enough, I definitely believe that she needs to serve jail time-- not only for the aggravating factor of premeditation but also for the pain endured by real victims of kidnapping-- many of whom that never overcome their ordeal.

Narcissistic personality disorder - Symptoms and causes.

‘The Hypocrisy is Just Astounding': Judge Scolds Jussie Smollett at Sentencing Hearing

Yep.
<modsnip>

In any case I was so insulted and creeped out by Sherri’s toddler words of “yucky” and deeming her made-up Mariachi music as awful.

As well as the made-up sketches (which resemble the Sept 2016 mug shots of the MJ gals), complete with hoop earrings and plucked cholo eyebrows.

Uhhhh. This gal does indeed have an imaginary beef with Hispanics. Hispanic women in particular.

She has spread it to her children by continuing this fake abduction for 5 years.

Last edited by a moderator:
“She fell into stereotypes about the Latino community that are far too prevalent in the population at large but clearly, she was also counting on law enforcement relying upon stereotypes,” said Thomas Saenz, the president and general counsel of the Mexican American Legal Defense and Educational Fund (MALDEF), a Latino legal civil rights group.

She told police that one of them wore “those big hoop earrings” and had thin, “almost drawn in” eyebrows, according to the affidavit. A sketch based on Papini’s statements and released by the FBI showed one of the women wearing a bandana over her face.

Canizales, who has researched the causes and consequences of racism against Latinos, said Papini’s description of the alleged abductors aligned with tropes of Mexican women in which hoop earrings and bandanas are linked to the cholo/chola subculture and proximity to gang culture.
Woman charged with fake abduction story used racist stereotypes to describe kidnappers, advocates and scholars say – WSVN 7News | Miami News, Weather, Sports | Fort Lauderdale

I finally read the complaint right through. Her sleeping claims-whenever she was short on detail-were rather incredible. Who would sleep when they had just been kidnapped by a gun toting stranger? Her account was really adolescent. She is a terrible liar.

^^bbm

While I'm not a mental health professional, IMO, SP exhibits characteristics similar to narcissistic personality disorder which is a mental condition in which people have an inflated sense of their own importance, a deep need for excessive attention and admiration, troubled relationships, and a lack of empathy for others.

I also think alleging her captors were Hispanic women that further tortured her with their music and food comes off as a borderline hate crime (no pun intended with border-line).

When the Judge in the Jussie Smollett case addressed him in a reprimand before he was sentenced to 150 days in jail and 30 days probation following a conviction of 5 counts of lying to police about a staged hate crime, he delivered a stunning rebuke of the actor.

Similar to Papini being characterized as a charitable citizen and super mom, the Judge acknowledged that although the actor had a history of decades of support for social justice, there was also a dark side to him that was profoundly arrogant, selfish, and narcissistic.

The Judge talked about how Smollet's need for attention overruled his good side when he premeditated (planned) his hoax, and that the premeditation here was an aggravating factor.

Similarly, Papini's hoax was not a crime of opportunity. When she got out of bed on November 2, 2016, she knew in advance that her former boyfriend was going to collect her and take her to Costa Mesa because she planned this -- it was all premeditated wherein legal terms was an aggravating factor. Like a movie script, she chose a person (Reyes) that she knew was loyal to her and that she trusted.

Clearly, Papini's dark side of selfishness and narcissism where she craves extensive attention took over her healthy side.

Just as important, we know that Papini has a long history of lying, attention seeking, and self-harm. Once again, by carrying out this alleged hoax, she got the pity party that she wanted and didn't care that she used others (her selfish, narcissistic side).

Again, Papini squandered police as well as real victim resources because she was arrogant and selfish! She never wanted this crime solved because she did all of this [to] herself, and solving the crime would 'out her.'

While some will no doubt say that by Papini turning her life upside down by her misconduct and shenanigans and that she has suffered enough, I definitely believe that she needs to serve jail time-- not only for the aggravating factor of premeditation but also for the pain endured by real victims of kidnapping-- many of whom that never overcome their ordeal.

Narcissistic personality disorder - Symptoms and causes.

‘The Hypocrisy is Just Astounding': Judge Scolds Jussie Smollett at Sentencing Hearing

Excellent summary. The question I struggle with is how do you help her? What is best for her kids and the community at this point?

A reckoning has finally arrived for SP.

She fabricated a kidnapping, caused trauma to her family and friends, needlessly used LE resources on a false premise and then fraudulently used money that she should never had access to in the first place.

SP finally pushed the envelope way past “too far”.

Hopefully the enablers who surround SP take a step back and reassess their behaviour as well.

No question she is mentally ill. I doubt therapy will help. SP needs to want to change and unless that’s on her agenda nothing will change. SP’s lying behaviour is so ingrained I doubt any positive outcomes are possible.

I suspect she will do some prison time and IMO she deserves it.

Another “piece of work”.

MOO

Excellent summary. The question I struggle with is how do you help her? What is best for her kids and the community at this point?

Throw her in jail? Or bring back the stocks and hawk rotten tomatoes?

I believe either/or would teach a good moral lesson.

BUT, this is California. Maybe she'll be nominated for best actress award?

Last edited:
A reckoning has finally arrived for SP.

She fabricated a kidnapping, caused trauma to her family and friends, needlessly used LE resources on a false premise and then fraudulently used money that she should never had access to in the first place.

SP finally pushed the envelope way past “too far”.

Hopefully the enablers who surround SP take a step back and reassess their behaviour as well.

No question she is mentally ill. I doubt therapy will help. SP needs to want to change and unless that’s on her agenda nothing will change. SP’s lying behaviour is so ingrained I doubt any positive outcomes are possible.

I suspect she will do some prison time and IMO she deserves it.

Another “piece of work”.

MOO

Agree. She is cut from the same cloth as Jussie Smollet. No chance in heck will she ever admit she lied. I fully expect her to double down on her lies and concoct some additional crazy stories.

I am one of those who does not believe this was just a case of a bored housewife wanting to get away for a bit then having to backtrack.

No, this was a fully premeditated event in which she went to extremes to concoct and orchestrate a kidnapping in which her victim hood and trauma would reap her many rewards. She got fully in character and did some heavy duty method acting. Hiding in the back seat for hundreds and hundreds of miles. Eating very little. Cutting her signature blond hair. Being branded (!!!). This was the role of a lifetime.

Sherri Papini was ready for her closeup.

Lights, camera, action.

Wasn't a sister or SIL pregnant when SP pulled this nonsense? You have to wonder if she was jealous of the attention a pregnant family member was getting and decided to put the focus back on herself. I'm certain we discussed this at some point back then, but when you look back now and take in the whole picture, it makes perfect sense.

Throw her in jail? Or bring back the stocks and hawk rotten tomatoes?

I believe either/or would teach a good moral lesson.

BUT, this is California. Maybe she'll be nominated for best actress award?
I predict Papini will be invited to appear on Dancing with the Stars.

Sarcasm aside, I really hope she doesn't get off with a mere slap on the wrist. If she does then IMO there will be a slew of pissed off people: LE, who spent money and resources searching and investigating; The Feds, who had to interface with this messed up woman and the local community, who came out to search, support the family, support Sherri when she reappeared and even gave money to help a supposedly traumatized family. MOO.

Sarcasm aside, I really hope she doesn't get off with a mere slap on the wrist. If she does then IMO there will be a slew of pissed off people: LE, who spent money and resources searching and investigating; The Feds, who had to interface with this messed up woman and the local community, who came out to search, support the family, support Sherri when she reappeared and even gave money to help a supposedly traumatized family. MOO.

Same. If Papini gets kid gloves while Smollet has to serve real jail time, that would be an outrage. Chuck her in jail too.

Last edited:

You may well be right. Australia's very own drug-smuggling Schapelle Corby has appeared on "Dancing with the stars" and SAS.

Didn't SP admit to making the post, citing how her dad was proud of her for standing up for her race, and later hiring an attorney in an attempt to get the post removed? If not in the Complaint, I'm sure I read this on the thread. JMO

No, this is in the complaint, but they are talking about what was said in the post. She said she tried to get it removed because it had her name but wasn't her.

Therapists, One or Multiple?
Someone (sorry, forgot who) asked if post- kidnap, one or multiple therapists treated Papini.

From affidavit:*
"PAPINI’s therapist submitted multiple Additional Treatment Plans via fax...CalVCB
approved additional mental health
treatments be covered for PAPINI’s fraudulent PTSD on seven separate occasions.
" bbm sbm

My interp: on 7 separate occasions, board approved an additional series of sessions.
Not a one time approval of 7 more sessions.

my2ct, could be wrong.
* ¶65 - 67. Cal.VCB paid therapist ~ 30+ victim assistance payments btwn June 2017 & March 2021. W the size of those payments and totaling nearly $ 30,000, seems likely more than one apptmt per payment.
^ https://www.justice.gov/usao-edca/press-release/file/1479901/download

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads