Identified! PA - Philadelphia, 'Boy in the Box', WhtMale 4-6, 4UMPA, Feb'57 #2 - Joseph Augustus Zarelli

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, there's no way to know for sure weather the vague hints mean they are beginning the process or ending it. However, I agree that they probably have a name due to situational and context clues I noticed. On the first interview about solving D.P.A.'s identity, M.G. asked A.P. "How far away are we from our next case announcement? Our Double Duo." and A.P. said "Boy in the Box is not that far away". To me, it sounded like a case "announcement" might be a solved identity. Also, "next" seemed to imply the next after the one they just solved. The thing that stood out the most to me was that M.G. said in the Dec/D.P.A. memorial video that she would love to talk about the case A.P. mentioned last time and has already bought a gift for somebody at that upcoming memorial. To me, that sounded like it was wrapping up soon with a memorial. I guess by summer we'll know.

Well, there's no way to know for sure weather the vague hints mean they are beginning the process or ending it. However, I agree that they probably have a name due to situational and context clues I noticed. On the first interview about solving D.P.A.'s identity, M.G. asked A.P. "How far away are we from our next case announcement? Our Double Duo." and A.P. said "Boy in the Box is not that far away". To me, it sounded like a case "announcement" might be a solved identity. Also, "next" seemed to imply the next after the one they just solved. The thing that stood out the most to me was that M.G. said in the Dec/D.P.A. memorial video that she would love to talk about the case A.P. mentioned last time and has already bought a gift for somebody at that upcoming memorial. To me, that sounded like it was wrapping up soon with a memorial. I guess by summer we'll know.

The Double Duo was solved last year and formerly announced in January. One of their cousins posted about it on Websleuths on November 2nd

Houston couple's remains identified but their baby still missing

Identified! - TX - Houston, WhtFem 18-25, UP701 & WhtMale 20-30, UP703, in woods, Jan'81 - Dean & Tina Clouse

Last edited:
Yes, that's why I think they solved "Boy in the Box" in addition to the Clouse cases. In the December video, they were talking about what some of Identifinders oldest cases were and it prompted M.G. to start talking about the case A.P. mentioned "last time" (the one that M.G. has bought a memorial gift for). 1981 seems too recent to be one of their oldest, so I don't think she was talking about them. Also, A.P. mentioned "Boy in the Box" last time, not Double Duo.

So I suppose it's going to be another 2-3 months before his identity is announced.
Guess it depends on LE confirming the possible identity suggested by Identifiers. We’ve seen it mentioned in other cases this the timeline for this can be highly variable.

We don't know that he's been ID'd yet, do we? Or did I miss something?
Correct, we dont - Identifiers’ statements last year may have just meant that their processes were close to being done. It’s not clear if they were speaking for LE.

We don't.

I guess they would take his namus down if he was.
Last I heard, they were working with a European company on DNA extraction. It sounds like they were probably able to extract DNA.

You’d think if Identifiers are involved in the research side then that’s the case

I just didn't want to get in trouble with the mods on my first post by posting links and names. I will say that when Springrain mentioned Identifinders, I searched for them and found 2 Youtube interviews with the info..
. Thanks for posting the December video. You’ll see the October video comments were widely discussed in this thread in Oct/Nov last year when they were made.

….. 1981 seems too recent to be one of their oldest, so I don't think she was talking about them. Also, A.P. mentioned "Boy in the Box" last time, not Double Duo.

Or could have been referencing their work on the 1961 Bibb County case (Daniel Armantrout).

No, the videos they were on were when they changed topic were about the 1961 Bibb County case (Daniel Armantrout). The conversation in the December 28th video (33 minute mark) drifted into a discussion about weather they've done anything older so far. Then, M.G. said, "last time, you know, A.P. made a slip up" before she started divulging info. Then, she said the coroner is doing a final confirmation, announcement in 3-4 months, she can't wait to talk about the case, and she has a gift for somebody who will be at the memorial. On the Oct video she was referencing with A.P. on last time, A.P. slipped up by mentioning by name "Boy in the Box". I'm straight up quoting because those were A.P.s exact words. Afterwards, they told her she wasn't supposed to say the words. Is it possible to post links to the videos, or is there a process I have to go through to get them approved for discussion? I think it would clear up some confusion.

@AndTheCaseOf the original October video with the “slip” was discussed here back around 31 Oct 2021 and in the days/weeks after. It’s fantastic to see new, enthusiastic members on the forum. Feel free to scroll back and read through the various posts in this thread #2 and the earlier one, as rehashing previous discussions may be unnecessary.

Actually, I have read your comments and others when they were made back in October. That is what led me to go find the channel and see the video for myself. I'm new to commenting, but not new to this board. I was lurking because I didn't have anything relevant to add until I saw taramarie ask if anyone heard anything. That's when I talked about the December video. Also, I was only referencing the October video because M.G. herself referenced the October video in the December video. I thought it would add context and meaning to the December comments M.G. made. I wasn't trying to unnecessarily bring it up for discussion.

I wish we could hear more. I hope there's an update soon. Sounds like there's something there?

I'm straight up quoting because those were A.P.s exact words. Afterwards, they told her she wasn't supposed to say the words. Is it possible to post links to the videos, or is there a process I have to go through to get them approved for discussion? I think it would clear up some confusion.

RSBM

Maybe PM a mod and ask if you can put up the timestamped video. We are no longer allowed to post unapproved videos.

I was wondering too. I hope she's doing well.
Isn't she the one running the FB page and yuku group? She's been active on there recently.
Also, did anyone ever hear about the Vidocq Society helping solve a UID case?
I know they are professionals and good at what they do, but I can't see "genetic genealogist" listed on their page. That is not something you learn in a day no matter how smart you are.
I hope they leave the DNA results to someone with experience. jmo.

Also, did anyone ever hear about the Vidocq Society helping solve a UID case?
I know they are professionals and good at what they do, but I can't see "genetic genealogist" listed on their page. That is not something you learn in a day no matter how smart you are.
I hope they leave the DNA results to someone with experience. jmo.

RSBM

Colleen Fitzpatrick is a member.

Although vastly different, the Vidocq Society is a members-only group in which Fitzpatrick is one of the few forensic genealogists. Named for Eugène François Vidocq, the father of modern criminology, the society was formed in 1990 by William Fleisher, Richard Walter and Frank Bender. The exclusive 82-member core group comprises a variety of forensic professionals, including profilers, homicide investigators, scientists, psychologists, prosecutors and coroners, who put their experience to use for cold cases.

Meeting on the third Thursday of every month in Philadelphia, the Society invites a law enforcement agency to present their case. Then, they brainstorm.

“Being a part of that as a forensic genealogist is really exciting,” Fitzpatrick said.

Slowly but Surely: Taking Genetic Genealogy to the Next Level

I'm so confused with all these organizations. I could've sworn Identifinders was taking Boy in the Box's case. Well, whoever it is, I hope we get an update soon!

Isn't she the one running the FB page and yuku group? She's been active on there recently.

I'm not sure but if that's the case I am glad to hear that.

RSBM

Colleen Fitzpatrick is a member.

Although vastly different, the Vidocq Society is a members-only group in which Fitzpatrick is one of the few forensic genealogists. Named for Eugène François Vidocq, the father of modern criminology, the society was formed in 1990 by William Fleisher, Richard Walter and Frank Bender. The exclusive 82-member core group comprises a variety of forensic professionals, including profilers, homicide investigators, scientists, psychologists, prosecutors and coroners, who put their experience to use for cold cases.

Meeting on the third Thursday of every month in Philadelphia, the Society invites a law enforcement agency to present their case. Then, they brainstorm.

“Being a part of that as a forensic genealogist is really exciting,” Fitzpatrick said.

Slowly but Surely: Taking Genetic Genealogy to the Next Level

Interesting! I also saw on her Wiki page a while back that she co-founded the DNA Doe Project and she leads Identifinders, but I didn't know she was part of Vidocq too. She chats about the Identifinders cases on youtube with the others, which is how I first heard about her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
genepool48