FL - Two women murdered on Tamiami Trail on diff days, Sarasota, Feb-Mar'22 *Arrest*

Sarasota Police Dept Facebook post this afternoon. The comments are showing missing posters of one woman which is very unkind, as Marsy's Law protects their identities. You can see from the ground that they are near water.

HAPPENING NOW: We’re continuing our investigation into two homicides. Two women were found dead along N Tamiami Trl on February 25th & March 10th. We continue to ask the public for any information. You can remain anonymous. Please call us at 941-263-6070 or CrimeStoppers at 941-366-TIPS.

Facebook

upload_2022-3-15_17-33-1.png

Sarasota Police Dept Facebook post this afternoon. The comments are showing missing posters of one woman which is very unkind, as Marsy's Law protects their identities. You can see from the ground that they are near water.

HAPPENING NOW: We’re continuing our investigation into two homicides. Two women were found dead along N Tamiami Trl on February 25th & March 10th. We continue to ask the public for any information. You can remain anonymous. Please call us at 941-263-6070 or CrimeStoppers at 941-366-TIPS.

Facebook

View attachment 336585
Some very interesting commentary on that thread. One woman whose mom died in a similar manner. Makes me wonder if there is a serial killer there?

Some very interesting commentary on that thread. One woman whose mom died in a similar manner. Makes me wonder if there is a serial killer there?

I don't see any comments at that link?

Reactions: Hap
Sarasota PD continuing investigation into two homicides, neighbors on high alert

Snip
Increased patrols by police officers are happening throughout the City of Sarasota along North Tamiami Trail. On Tuesday, police walked in neighborhoods near the two scenes and through the woods looking for evidence.

Snip
Although police say there are only two homicides at this time, the family of Juanita Swails reached out to ABC7, saying they were concerned police may have missed evidence tying their mother’s death to this series of crimes.

Juanita Swails’ body was found nude in a nearby area in two feet of water. Her daughter, Lisa Robinson, told ABC7 that seeing the other deaths sparked their desire to get their mother’s name back out there and the case reopened. Their mother’s cause of death was officially listed as drowning, but now they wonder if there is a connection.

3 minute drive or 12 minute walk from the two recent homicides per google maps. yeah that can't be a coincidence, right?

Can't find any articles that specify WHERE Juanita Swails body was found but wish we knew how close to the area of these recent murders.

Sarasota PD continuing investigation into two homicides, neighbors on high alert

Snip
Increased patrols by police officers are happening throughout the City of Sarasota along North Tamiami Trail. On Tuesday, police walked in neighborhoods near the two scenes and through the woods looking for evidence.

Snip
Although police say there are only two homicides at this time, the family of Juanita Swails reached out to ABC7, saying they were concerned police may have missed evidence tying their mother’s death to this series of crimes.

Juanita Swails’ body was found nude in a nearby area in two feet of water. Her daughter, Lisa Robinson, told ABC7 that seeing the other deaths sparked their desire to get their mother’s name back out there and the case reopened. Their mother’s cause of death was officially listed as drowning, but now they wonder if there is a connection.
I'm sort of surprised her suspicious death was not tied to these other two by the police.

I'm sort of surprised her suspicious death was not tied to these other two by the police.
Juanita Swails was found deceased in 2019 and the ME ruled it drowning per a comment on the Sarasota Police Facebook page. Now, I realize that needs a source from MSM but I can't find a better one. I can't find an obituary, etc. So, you'll have to take it as my opinion and speculation to stay within WS rules.

thank you yes over 400 comments now
I noticed the police seem to be monitoring the thread (which is unusual in my experience) and are actually responding to people's comments so that's good
It's the official SPD Facebook page, so I'm not sure how unusual it is that they are commenting. They're not saying much, which is typical of a criminal investigation. JMO

It sounds like they were homeless and vulnerable. There is literally no housing here.

Questions surround ‘suspicious' deaths of two Sarasota women, deputies say (msn.com)

snip
Authorities said they have yet to determine if the two women knew each other or if the suspect or suspects knew the victims. The woman whose body was found in February was an unhoused citizen.

The woman whose body was found in March was in between living with family members. Police said she was in the process of receiving housing.

The second murder location is even closer and in my opinion, it is a known trail for crimes. Every time we hear a helicopter, there's a runner..... they're looking for someone who did something. Drug busts are more common than prostitution. My guess would be neither of these women were in the business of prostitution. LE has cracked down considerably on that industry. I wonder if they were out running/jogging, walking dogs, walking to/from a restaurant or other business.

The influx of people to Sarasota has been ungodly in the last year. The increase in crime has been unbelievable. The traffic is horrendous. There is no housing, none. JMO and please, if you're visiting here, be very aware of your surroundings and carry mace or something. Stay away from the parks near downtown after sunset. Nothing good is ever going on at that point.

View attachment 336280

Sarasota resident here, the growth is uncontrollable, lack of infrastructure, far too many people moving here, it is also very expensive to live here.

This area is a huge tourist destination due to the Siesta Key Beach being named #1 in the US over the years. The county has dropped millions into renovations. The tourist trade sustains this area. You can't put out rumors of unproven crime and still get the tourists to come and spend their money. That has to be shut down, not only because it is unethical but the drop in tourism dollars can be catastrophic. Spring breakers and their parents are going to go elsewhere if they don't feel they can be safe. In my opinion, that is exactly why the police department is so vocal online.

Sarasota Crime Map:
CrimeMapping.com - Helping You Build a Safer Community

Siesta Key Beach:
Siesta Key Beach: The Fan Favorite | Visit Sarasota

This area is a huge tourist destination due to the Siesta Key Beach being named #1 in the US over the years. The county has dropped millions into renovations. The tourist trade sustains this area. You can't put out rumors of unproven crime and still get the tourists to come and spend their money. That has to be shut down, not only because it is unethical but the drop in tourism dollars can be catastrophic. Spring breakers and their parents are going to go elsewhere if they don't feel they can be safe. In my opinion, that is exactly why the police department is so vocal online.

THIS^^^

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OwlEyes
Back