VA VA - Culpeper, 10 Hispanic teens 13-17, Jul'21 - Feb'22

Goecke

Reaction score
A few of these kids were mentioned as possible identities for a UID, so I dug a little deeper. Circumstances seem similar for all of them, so I can't help but wonder if they're all connected somehow.

Ingrid Ceferina Pana-Gualna, age 15, left "a residence" on July 5, 2021 The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Edwin Giovanni Morales Velasquez, age 17, "left residence" on October 31, 2021 and may be heading to Florida The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Ofelia Migdalia Gomez Perez, age 17, exact circumstances unknown but may have headed to Pennsylvania The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Alexander Perez Mendez, age 17, left "a residence" on December 3, 2021 The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Juan Carlos Ical Pop, age 17, left uncle's house on December 10, 2021 The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Nelson Chub Tzi, age 16, left uncle's house on December 13, 2021 The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Edgar Yovanny Ax Tun, age 17, "left residence" on December 18, 2021 The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Fredy Gustavo Xi Ical, age 13, left sponsor's residence February 7, 2022 The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Wendy Fabiola Matilde Cucul Caal, 17, left residence February 11, 2022 The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Fredy Alexander Rax Quib, 17, left cousin's house February 21, 2022 and may be heading to Alabama The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Culpeper is a small town- about 20,000 people, and only 17% Hispanic, so having 10 missing Hispanic kids in less than a year seems concerning to me. All of them either left an unspecified residence or an uncle/cousin's house. Fredy Xi Ical mentions a "sponsor," so it seems likely that at least some of the kids are migrants.
The very best scenario is that we have 10 kids running away, but why did they run away? I just hope they're alive and doing well somewhere else and there's nothing more serious going on.

Me too. I wonder if LE has connected these disappearances at all.

Also, based on last names, it seems like at least some of these kids are Guatemalan.

i know that area had a lot of maratrucha problems in recent years. there were in fact latinx teens killed regarding this. but also if the area has a high latinx population it could just be normal teen stuff (teens are always in danger on these streets tho)

i know that area had a lot of maratrucha problems in recent years. there were in fact latinx teens killed regarding this. but also if the area has a high latinx population it could just be normal teen stuff (teens are always in danger on these streets tho)
Oh, wow- I really hope that isn't the case here. Culpeper is only 17% Hispanic/Latin, so it seems oddly high... Tbh 10 teens of any race would be weird given how small Culpeper is, but the fact that they're all Hispanic, specifically Guatemalan, seems odd.

How does this even happen in such a small town as Culpepper? and this is something which should be more heavily publicized for the missing and their families.

The names sound Guatemalan/Mayan. A quick Google search isn't showing any news coverage on the disappearances, in fact I can't find anything other than their NamUs profiles.

Is there anything that can be done to get more publicity about these cases? Something sketchy is going on IMO, and I really hope all of these kids are okay.

Also, in addition to these 10 there's another Guatemalan boy who went missing from Culpeper in 2018, 16 year old Everado Lopez Juarez. The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
He apparently left a note behind and left with a bag full of his belongings, so there's some evidence he ran away voluntarily, but I feel like I should mention him on this thread too. Everado was staying with a "cousin", just like was mentioned with some of the other kids.

There's now two more Guatemalan teens that went missing from Culpeper onSeptember 13. They both left a 'sponsor's' residence on the same day but there's no info on if they left together/were staying at the same place.

3 more teens that went missing between July and September. Two of them were living with 'sponsors' and one was living with his aunt. So that's a total of 15 missing Guatemalan kids, 14 of which went missing within the past year and a half.

A few years ago I took a look at the numbers on missing kids from various states and noticed that my state (Virginia) has one of the highest (it may have been THE highest) number of missing kids. Often, the missing VA kids are hard to track down, because they may not have pictures or full information included. It can be hard to figure out if the child was found, never found, or found and then went missing again.

There were hotspots in the state. DC Metro, which would include Culpepper, was one of those areas. If I remember correctly, the other big spots were Va Beach/Newport News and Richmond City.

I feel like I did notice a slight overrepresentation of black and hispanic children in the missing.

A few years ago I took a look at the numbers on missing kids from various states and noticed that my state (Virginia) has one of the highest (it may have been THE highest) number of missing kids. Often, the missing VA kids are hard to track down, because they may not have pictures or full information included. It can be hard to figure out if the child was found, never found, or found and then went missing again.

There were hotspots in the state. DC Metro, which would include Culpepper, was one of those areas. If I remember correctly, the other big spots were Va Beach/Newport News and Richmond City.

I feel like I did notice a slight overrepresentation of black and hispanic children in the missing.
I'm not familiar with Virginia at all but it seems like in Culpeper, 100% of the missing persons cases involving people under 18 are of Hispanic kids, specifically Guatemalan. As I said previously, Culeper is only 17% Hispanic/Latin so this is a HUGE overrepresentation. And 14 missing kids within a year and a half is really concerning for a town as small as Culpeper (about 20k people).

I found this thread via Google. I had decided to search Missing Persons cases in Virginia and am concerned at how many teens are missing! There are two missing Hispanic teens already in 2023 just in Culpepper.
Culpepper and VA Beach stood out as having a high number of missing kids. I don't have anything to add, other than I also find it concerning. And to bump the thread.

I found this thread via Google. I had decided to search Missing Persons cases in Virginia and am concerned at how many teens are missing! There are two missing Hispanic teens already in 2023 just in Culpepper.
Culpepper and VA Beach stood out as having a high number of missing kids. I don't have anything to add, other than I also find it concerning. And to bump the thread.
Are there news articles or anything else on these kids? I just searched NamUs again and I'm not seeing any missing teens from Culpeper in 2023, so it seems like they haven't been added yet.

However, four more Guatemalan teens went missing between September and December 2022.
Edras Sun Pop, 16: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Candelaria Caal Coc, 15: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Lorena Gabriel Jimemez, 15: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Fredy Sacul Che, 16: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

All of the kids were living with sponsors. Lorena's sponsor was also her aunt. I'm not knowledgeable at all about juvenile immigration/sponsorships. Are the sponsors usually family members? I noticed quite a few of the kids were living with aunts/uncles/cousins.

I found this article from April 2022, and it states that 'about 10' Central Ammerican immigrant kids had gone missing and they were all believed to be runaways. It also gives some info on the sponsorships; typically the sponsors are family members or community members. The only child the article names or provides any details about is Fredy Xi Ical (called 'Fredy Gustavo' in the article), who I assume has been located since his NamUs has been taken down. Apparently Fredy's mother didn't think he was truly missing and believed he ran away to go work in another state... Keep in mind he was 13. Hopefully he was found safe and is doing well, and isn't involved in some sort of child labor situation.
The only other article I've been able to find is subscription locked. It seems to be about Ofelia Gomez Perez. Culpeper PD seeking runaway teen last seen in town Nov. 13

Here's an updated list of the currently missing teens from Culpeper:
Everado Lopez Juarez, 16, missing 8/9/18: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Ingrid Ceferina Pana-Gualna, 15, missing 7/5/21: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Edwin Giovanni Morales Velasquez, 17, missing 10/31/21: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Ofelia Migdalia Gomez Perez, 17, missing 11/13/21: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Alexander Perez Mendez, 17, missing 12/3/21: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Juan Ical Pop, 17, missing 12/10/21: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Nelson Chub Tzi, 16, missing 12/13/21: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Edgar Yovanny Ax Tun, 17, missing 12/18/21: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Fredy Alexander Rax Quib, 17, missing 2/21/22: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Wilson Adilio Ba Bac, 17, missing 7/5/22: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Luis Brayan Choc-Yaxcal, 16, missing 7/28/22: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Marvin Morales Garcia, 14, missing 8/3/22: https://www.namus.gov/MissingPersons/Case#/95473?nav
Jose Milton Cho Sacul, 17, missing 9/2/22: https://www.namus.gov/MissingPersons/Case#/95471?nav
Esdras Nehemias Sun Pop, 15, missing 9/13/22: https://www.namus.gov/MissingPersons/Case#/95470?nav
Candelaria Caal Coc, 15, missing 9/13/22: https://www.namus.gov/MissingPersons/Case#/95247?nav
Lorena Maribel Gabriel Jimenez, 15, missing 10/28/22: https://www.namus.gov/MissingPersons/Case#/97978?nav
Fredy Alexander Sacul Che, 16, missing 12/2/22: https://www.namus.gov/MissingPersons/Case#/98822?nav

The NamUs pages for Fredy Xi Ical and Wendy Cucul Caal have both been taken down, so they've presumably been located.

For a town that has a population of 21,166 in 2023, that is A LOT of missing kids!

You would think if they went from one family member's house to another someone would know where they are. The fact that no one is saying I find worrisome. JMO

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigilandy
Back