WA WA - Tacoma, MultiFem Late Teen/Young Adult, UP88637, Skull found after mudslide, Jan'22

I saw some speculation that it might be skull of Teekah Lewis (2 y/o missing in the area since 1999). Apparently, the bowling alley she disappeared from was very close to where the skull was found. That being said, I think they would've noted it being a child skull, especially with little Teekah being only 2 and having a tiny skull :(

I also saw speculation that it may be the skull of a Bundy or Ridgway victim.

I saw some speculation that it might be skull of Teekah Lewis (2 y/o missing in the area since 1999). Apparently, the bowling alley she disappeared from was very close to where the skull was found. That being said, I think they would've noted it being a child skull, especially with little Teekah being only 2 and having a tiny skull :(

I also saw speculation that it may be the skull of a Bundy or Ridgway victim.

Thank you @Springrain !! A link to Teekah's thread, a much too inactive thread IMO given possible suspicious individual description released this past year, if anyone is interested in trying to help get her found and justice. Heart-breaking case.

WA - WA - Teekah Lewis, 2, Tacoma, 23 Jan 1999 | Page 7 (websleuths.com)

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

UP88637
ME/C Case Number22-0110

Sex Female
Race/Ethnicity White/Caucasian, Hispanic/Latino, Asian, American Indian/Alaska Native
Estimated Age Group Late Teen/Young Adult
Height Cannot Estimate
Weight Cannot Estimate

Type Unidentified Deceased
Date Body Found January 7, 2022
NamUs Case Created February 4, 2022

Location Tacoma, Washington 98409
County Pierce County

Circumstances of Recovery Remains found while workers were cleaning after a mudslide.

Condition of Remains Not recognizable - Partial skeletal parts only

Hair Color Unknown
Eye Color Unknown

The age range certainly does make me wonder if this young woman was a Ridgeway victim.
Or a Bundy victim, as suggested by Springrain upthread.

Crosspost for convenience:
I suggested this Doe in Karan Ann Brown's thread a while back. She was "last known to be in the Olympia and Tacoma areas and may have resided as a transient/homeless individual in the 1980s. Was known to hitchhike the interstates from WA, CA, OK, NC, TX, and VA".
Her NamUs DLC is listed at c. 1980, but Karan was about 27-30 years when she disappeared, making 1983 the latest DLC.

Any updates? It's been a little while. Are they sending to Quantico for forensics? Getting impatient. Also: the profile of ethnicities - is that even accurate yet or are they just throwing around some various possibilities?

I still have not been any more news about this skull. :(

Wow, I forgot about this thread until it was bumped. I really do have to wonder how old the skull is. It really changes my opinions about the case.

One rule out per NamUs:

MP20083
Nguyet Phung
05/09/1991
Snohomish
WA

(for some reason, Nguyet is listed twice in the exclusions)

Namus automatically flags cases that have a significant match so LE can more easily check them out. If there's more than one match, the cases will get flagged more than once. So for instance if a hypothetical missing person matched a dental description and the UID's demographics, the MP might be listed twice in the exclusions. In this case, I suspect Phung was one of the first people LE checked, since she matches all the characteristics and has been suspected of being a serial killer's beginning.

Phung's Namus
Police Say Serial Murderer At Work In 3 Counties | The Seattle Times -- interesting article from before the Green River killer had been identified.

Phung's Charley Project entry

Looks like she still doesn't have a Doe Network page. This one is just super bizarre. I wish we had an estimate for how long it's been there. I literally grew up 10 mins from where it was found, so I'd like to know more!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back