The Case, so far...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Russell O'Brien is poised to give an expansive description of the events of May 3 evening despite being forbidden to do that, as a witness. He wants to risk it because he wants to affect the speculation. Apparently, it is touchy for the PJ to prosecute him for such a breach considering the status of the case and diplomatic relations. I'm eager to read what he has to say. There's been a lot of mystery around him. Viz., The Daily Express, London.

Russell O'Brien is poised to give an expansive description of the events of May 3 evening despite being forbidden to do that, as a witness. He wants to risk it because he wants to affect the speculation. Apparently, it is touchy for the PJ to prosecute him for such a breach considering the status of the case and diplomatic relations. I'm eager to read what he has to say. There's been a lot of mystery around him. Viz., The Daily Express, London.

Tuba.....

Big favor, please....can you include links to these stunning posts you are making?? I would like to read the article about R'OB and then follow it.

Thanks in advance.

By the way, Smith is mentioned twice at #64, page 3. The second time, several paragraphs down, his last name only is given and a few more details. The pyjamas were both pink and white (photo on the web) and sometimes have been described as here: pink. Other times, called white.

I saw a pic the other day of the pyjamas but can only find a newslink with the pic now but it looks like the same pic and same pyjamas to me, they have "Eyore" on them from Winnie the Pooh.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,91210-1264945,00.html

Tuba.....

Big favor, please....can you include links to these stunning posts you are making?? I would like to read the article about R'OB and then follow it.

Thanks in advance.
http://express.lineone.net/posts/view/22664/Guard-as-Gerry-returns-to-work

This is the article, which appeared yesterday in the Daily Express, as mentioned. Scroll down to the bottom of the piece on Gerry McCann's return to the hospital under guard and you will see the paragraph about O'Brien's next move.

Details and pricks of memory: Pamela Fenn deserves a medal for bravery. While she was watching t.v., she heard someone in her bedroom. On entering the room, she saw him struggling to get out of the window. She tried to grab his ankle & then to push him out. Of course, she phoned the police. A Scottish woman in the same block of apts. also was burgled, money & items being taken. Keys used to gain entry both times. We knew about these incidents but these details are good to keep in mind. Also, Mrs. Fenn's niece has been interviewed in England by the police and in Portugal, because she witnessed a man meeting the description given by Jane Tanner & Martin Smith, peering into 5A on the evening of 3 May. PJ took months to question Pamela Fenn & the niece. For a long time I've been wondering about who had access to these keys.

When Ribeiro expresses confidence he will be able to name the killer, it seems to imply that he disfavors the accident theory. I don't know if that's necessarily true. Kill and killer have different connotations in the way we use those terms in English. "X tripped and took Y down with him, killing Y." Obviously, an accident. But...."There's the man from Toledo. He is a killer." I don't know if there is the same distinction in Portuguese.

The news no longer mentions the cadaverine & putrescine in the Renault. Maybe it was never there, just speculation put out as leak. It first made the news at the end of summer and then came back two weeks ago. As others here have said, if corpse fluids were found in the car, it is damning even though carting a body around aftter stashing it for 25 days is not a sensible act. I have never seen a lab finding that there were these excretions in the Renault.

Alas and alack! I have never seen any lab findings at all in the Madeleine McCann case.

But then, my name is not Senhor Ribeiro.

I don't think they did move her body after 25 days. I think that if there really were bodily fluids found, it was due to transference.

I haven't seen anything official either, about anything. And it has gotten very quiet since the leaks were shut off.

It appears we will just have to wait and see....

Censorship due to complaints and threats by Clarence's Internet Spin Team???

Okay - this is a weird thing to say. A disaster is an earthquake, fire, hurricane, drought -- but a missing child?

The media is reporting that Gerry told his mother-in-law that "its a disaster. Madeleine has been snatched from her bed." Who talks like that?

Kate's response was much more natural in this case..."she's gone" I think most people would say something like that. "she's missing, we can't find her, she's gone, we've looked everywhere...." but "its a disaster."

Do the British often talk that way? Would this be a normal thing to say?

Salem

Okay - this is a weird thing to say. A disaster is an earthquake, fire, hurricane, drought -- but a missing child?

The media is reporting that Gerry told his mother-in-law that "its a disaster. Madeleine has been snatched from her bed." Who talks like that?

Kate's response was much more natural in this case..."she's gone" I think most people would say something like that. "she's missing, we can't find her, she's gone, we've looked everywhere...." but "its a disaster."

Salem

The wording, "its a disaster", and other things the McCanns have said such as, "they've taken her" and "We failed her", are what lead me to believe it was a sting of some sort. The sting was a disaster. They failed Madeleine because they failed to protect her during the sting. "They" have taken her when "they" were supposed to be caught, not get away with the child.

Just my theory, not etched in stone.

The wording, "its a disaster", and other things the McCanns have said such as, "they've taken her" and "We failed her", are what lead me to believe it was a sting of some sort. The sting was a disaster. They failed Madeleine because they failed to protect her during the sting. "They" have taken her when "they" were supposed to be caught, not get away with the child.

Just my theory, not etched in stone.

Yes the notion of a sting has been mooted before. However, I think it would surely have been better planned than this e.g. police would have been watching ready to move in not relying on intermittent checks from parents with alcohol on board!

Salem

I dont think its a weird thing to say at all. Yes, im from UK. In his mind its a disaster. It has disasterous consequences for all concerned. Does this make sense? If not ill try explain in a different way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288