FL FL - Rose Ann Hockenson, 14, Naranja, 14 Feb 1973

chaddylex

Verified local - Rebecca Stahl case
Reaction score
A newer addition to NamUs
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Thumbnail
Thumbnail

Case Information

Demographics
Missing Age 14 Years
Current Age 63 Years
First Name Rose
Middle Name Ann
Last Name Hockenson
Nickname/Alias--

Sex Female
Height4' 5" - 5' 8" (53 - 68 Inches)
Weight 60 - 170 lbs
Race / Ethnicity White / Caucasian

Circumstances
Date of Last Contact February 14, 1973
NamUs Case Created September 3, 2021
Last Known Location Map
Location Naranja, Florida
County Miami-Dade County
Missing From Tribal Land No
Primary Residence on Tribal Land--
Circumstances of Disappearance Rose was abducted shortly after leaving school. A family member witnessed her being forced into a car.
Physical Description
Hair Color Unknown
Head Hair Description--
Body Hair Description--
Facial Hair Description--
Left Eye Color Unknown
Right Eye Color Unknown
Eye Description--

Not a lot to go on. Rose's height and weight have a big difference and her eye and hair color isn't even listed.

I can't find any other mention of her case. Since her abduction was witnessed, there may be articles in archives somewhere, though.
I hope her NamUs profile will be updated eventually.
She was only 14. This must have been horrendous for her and her family, and my heart goes out to them.

I looked too and couldn't find a thing. So strange.

Name: Rose Ann Hockenson
Race: White/Caucasian
Hair: Unknown
Eyes: Unknown
Height: 4’5” - 5’8”
Weight: 60-170 pounds

Missing Since: February 14, 1973
Missing From: Naranja, Miami-Dade County, Florida

Details: Rose was abducted shortly after leaving school. A family member witnessed her being forced into a car.

NamUs link - The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Attachments

• C2DA52EE-7042-4290-81E6-4BD9A6D0CD5A.jpeg
    C2DA52EE-7042-4290-81E6-4BD9A6D0CD5A.jpeg
    89.5 KB · Views: 11
So little information, I can’t find any articles about her disappearance. What school, what time, car description, living with mother or father? Hopefully there is more information somewhere.

Ancestry has her mother as Azalea V Komlenko, arrived in America 1951 from Manila Philippines
Marriage
Name: Azalea V Komlenko
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1939
Marriage Date: 6 Sep 1957
Marriage Place: San Mateo, California, USA
Spouse: John R Hockenson
Spouse Age: 21

Divorce 1967

John Richard Hockenson deceased 2002.
He had lived in Florida Miami from a marriage record in 1975, if I have the correct John R Hockenson.
From Ancestry she has a brother (from that marriage) born 1962.

Name: Rose Ann Hockenson
Race: White/Caucasian
Hair: Unknown
Eyes: Unknown

Missing Since: February 14, 1973
Missing From: Naranja, Miami-Dade County, Florida

Details: Rose was abducted shortly after leaving school. A family member witnessed her being forced into a car.

NamUs link - The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)[/QUOTE

I made a thread for Rose yesterday morning, just an FYI

What the weight??? Huh? How could they possible come up with that range??

I suspect there either isn't exact info to enter and/or the person entering the info wanted to ensure is looked at as a possible match against as many matches as possible. I've seen great variances in other cases as well.

I looked for info on her in newspapers.com, have yet to find anything, but it is surprising to me given she was "abducted" that I am not easily finding an article - will keep up the search and post anything I may find. There are quite a few Hockenson's in FL, difficult to know exactly which (if any of them) that appear in print are related.

I just saw this case pop up while researching NAMUS. How was this young girl abducted in broad daylight with no police investigation?
It unfathomable to me. Perhaps a local library has microfilm of the old newspapers. It occurred to me it could be a parental abduction also. Possibly solved or settled out of the limelight as the scandal would be unwelcome.

So I emailed the Seminole Sheriff's Dept yesterday about Rose being a possible match to the Altamonte Springs Jane Doe
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
I got a response back from one of the detectives on the case.
Thank you for the email. We are already working on trying to do a comparison with Rose. Someone else had sent her information into us a while ago. We just recently had to have a report filed with Miami-Dade in order to enter Rose into NAMUS. That would be the reason you just saw the new entry into NAMUS. Rest assured we are working on it and I appreciate you reaching out. Have a great day.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back2theGardenAgain
Back