TX TX - Jason Landry, 21, enroute from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
All interest and inquiry into Jason is at the end of this saga. But, we have very little knowledge of the month or two before this trip home. Did he have a roommate, if so, what does he say Jason's state of mind was? Did Jason register for spring semester classes, a good indicator that he planned to return.

He was raised in a positive church oriented community, so did he connect with any kind of group for activities that semester at school? What do those people say his state of mind was? Have any of his friends or acquaintances also seem to have dropped out before or after his disappearance ?

Had he left his apartment as neat as he supposedly left his pile of clothes on the road? Did it look as though he intended to come back to it after Christmas? Was rent paid for January?

All these questions and many more you may think of paint a picture of Jason. I, for one, don't think this started at that intersection where he should have turned right to go over to Route 10. MOO MOO MOO MOO

I'm not sure about a roommate, but I do know that it was confirmed either on one of the calls with LEA the night of the accident or by Kent that Jason was enrolled for the spring 2021 semester at Texas State. From what I've read, he was either trying to get in or already accepted to their sound recording technology program.

As to the state of his apartment, I know a welfare check was supposed to be conducted the night of the accident, but I don't know if it was done.

IIRC the shirt he was wearing the night of the accident was from Camp Cho Yeh, which is a popular Christian based church type summer camp and retreat center. That's about all I know on that regards.

One thing I've thought about is were there security cameras at his apartment complex. Would there be video evidence of him leaving the parking garage or lot, confirming that he actually did leave and was alone when he got in his car that night? And did any local businesses in Luling have security camera footage of him coming into town?

All interest and inquiry into Jason is at the end of this saga. But, we have very little knowledge of the month or two before this trip home. Did he have a roommate, if so, what does he say Jason's state of mind was? Did Jason register for spring semester classes, a good indicator that he planned to return.

He was raised in a positive church oriented community, so did he connect with any kind of group for activities that semester at school? What do those people say his state of mind was? Have any of his friends or acquaintances also seem to have dropped out before or after his disappearance ?

Had he left his apartment as neat as he supposedly left his pile of clothes on the road? Did it look as though he intended to come back to it after Christmas? Was rent paid for January?

All these questions and many more you may think of paint a picture of Jason. I, for one, don't think this started at that intersection where he should have turned right to go over to Route 10. MOO MOO MOO MOO

Absolutely!

Unfortunately, many of these crucial pieces of the puzzle are publically missing because this is still a "missing person" investigation. If LE suspected foul play in his disappearance and the case moved into a criminal investigation, there would have been a victim behavior analysis (BAU) conducted where all these questions would have been asked and answered. I trust that JL's family and/or the PI have conducted the same.

I recall KL stating the following: Jason was a new student on campus-- having only transferred in Sept.

Covid protocols prohibited in-person classes so he was very isolated in attending classes online.

KL provided that he didn't realize exactly how much JL was self-medicating (i.e., MJ consumption) during covid lockdown and that JL took a job at the sandwich shop just to get out and interact with others.

I think many students can relate to this experience.

Personally, I know the covid +19 is no joke! How many of us gained weight working from home?!!

MOO

Overview of the Behavioral Analysis Units | Federal Bureau of Investigation

I'm not sure about a roommate, but I do know that it was confirmed either on one of the calls with LEA the night of the accident or by Kent that Jason was enrolled for the spring 2021 semester at Texas State. From what I've read, he was either trying to get in or already accepted to their sound recording technology program.

As to the state of his apartment, I know a welfare check was supposed to be conducted the night of the accident, but I don't know if it was done.

IIRC the shirt he was wearing the night of the accident was from Camp Cho Yeh, which is a popular Christian based church type summer camp and retreat center. That's about all I know on that regards.

One thing I've thought about is were there security cameras at his apartment complex. Would there be video evidence of him leaving the parking garage or lot, confirming that he actually did leave and was alone when he got in his car that night? And did any local businesses in Luling have security camera footage of him coming into town?

He had roommates according to his father. From my transcript I posted yesterday, on the previous page, his father said "So, Jason was gonna stay at the apartment then I think his roommates were gonna be leaving or whatever"

Jason Landry Facebook groups raise funds, acquire rights to billboard for missing student

The billboard will be installed on Saturday, April 9th along U.S. Highway 183, about 1.5 miles north of the intersection with Highway 86 -- a "strategic location" according to the page.

RBBM

So, my feeling about that intersection with Hwy 86 being the "strategic location" is that 86 has roads off it that lead to SFR. I think they want someone that drives Hwy 183, that might be involved, to see that billboard every time they have to drive by. MOO

And you really have to wonder why there, of all places, is a "strategic location", and not Luling proper. Like... near the intersection he missed the turn. If it was even him driving the car at that point. They know something and keeping tight lipped about it. My guess is it's Pena that feels he's onto something.

Last edited:
I think at some point, you just say maybe we've been completely wrong the whole time about the details of his disappearance, and reach out to witnesses who may have an entirely different idea of what happened to him but have been silent because they think it's not possible.

I've seen that happen in other missing persons cases. Where the family says even if your tip doesn't match ANY of the supposed information about the missing person, please call it in because you may be right.
That's so true though it could be something completely different. That's why its extremely important to not box a missing person/or worst case into assuming that "it happened like this." And that's why LE says provide all information when pleading to witnesses no matter how small or insignificant it may seem to the witness. I've seen it in other cases as well, as it can turn the investigation into an entirely different direction.

Do we know how many days he was planning on staying with his family? Assuming through the end of Thanksgiving weekend?
I'm thinking you meant Christmas weekend because Christmas through Thanksgiving is WAY too long. lol But keep in mind, we also do not know when he was going to arrive. It was NOT the evening Jason disappeared according to Kent in the LourdanART interview Kent did less than 2 months after Jason disappeared.

Today was the day! The billboard should be up now. Looks like the spot was chosen because it's on private property. They couldn't afford it otherwise. Still, it doesn't change that they worded it as a "strategic location".

Drivers going along Highway 183 from Luling to Lockhart now will see the face of Jason Landry on a billboard with case information on the Texas State student who went missing in December 2020 thanks to a group of volunteers.

[...]

"We had checked on billboards before they were out of reach on cost. This one happens to be on private property and he's a very nice man and gave us a good deal. So, uh it's not through an advertising company. That's why we're installing it ourselves," Rains says.

The billboard went up this weekend just north of downtown Luling and will continue to stand tall for at least three months.

Jason Landry: Billboard goes up to help find missing Texas State student

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member