KY KY - Crystal Rogers, 35, Bluegrass Parkway, 3 July 2015 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also read another local article that said Feds are putting the evidence together to present to Nelson County Prosecutor. Why? Seems like with the Feds involved at a minimum they would enlist help from a special prosecutor unless of course they are pursuing the road of corruption. IMO

Eight years of Dateline's Missing in America: 169 still missing

crystal_rogers.png

Crystal Rogers, a mother of five, was last seen on July 3, 2015, at the Bardstown, Kentucky home the 35-year-old shared with her boyfriend, Brooks Houck, and the couple's young son. Two days later, her unlocked Chevy Impala was found along Kentucky's Bluegrass Parkway with a flat tire and her belongings still inside. The Nelson County Sheriff officially named Crystal’s boyfriend a suspect in her disappearance in October of 2015. Houck's brother, who worked as a Bardstown police officer, was terminated from the department after officials say he interfered with the investigation into Crystal's disappearance. Danny L. Singleton, a longtime employee of Houck, was charged with 38 counts of perjury for lying to investigators under oath in December of 2015. Houck was arrested in July of 2018 on four felony theft counts and four misdemeanor theft counts, unrelated to Crystal’s disappearance. He pleaded not guilty to all charges. On April 25, 2019, a jury found Houck not guilty on charges that he stole roofing shingles from a Nelson County Lowe's store. No charges have been filed in connection with Crystal’s disappearance, but officials have said they believe Crystal is dead. In August 2020, the FBI took over as the lead agency in the investigation. More than 150 state and federal law enforcement officers arrived in Bardstown and executed new search warrants at several properties connected to Brooks Houck. In the summer of 2021, FBI agents began excavation efforts at a home in the subdivision built by Houck in Bardstown. In September 2021, the FBI announced in a tweet that it concluded its latest search efforts. According to the statement, several “items of interest” were sent to the FBI Laboratory in Quantico, Virginia, but the FBI has remained silent on the details of their findings. The FBI urged those who may have information about the case to come forward. The FBI's Crystal Rogers Task force website was created so people can share information regarding the case. There is a $25,000 reward for information that leads to her whereabouts. If you have any information regarding Crystal’s case, please contact the FBI tip line at 1-800-CALL-FBI, CrystalRogersTaskForce.com/tips or visit www.crystalrogerstaskforce.com.

Also read another local article that said Feds are putting the evidence together to present to Nelson County Prosecutor. Why? Seems like with the Feds involved at a minimum they would enlist help from a special prosecutor unless of course they are pursuing the road of corruption. IMO

The crooked Houck brothers and their Mama.....connection might go back to 2013 Five killings, Police Corruption.

It feels like it's taking the FBI forever to process the items of interest. The waiting is so hard. I can't imagine what her family goes through. They are so strong.

A little slightly off topic but relevant nevertheless IMO Tonight I received an Amber Alert regarding 4 missing young children from Bardstown following their mother being murdered by her SO. I received the alert less than an hour ago meanwhile they were safely found in Indiana more than two hours before the alert went out. WTH? Inexcusable and no word on the perp but Nelson County Sheriff posted on Facebook that they couldn’t put out the alert until they had fully investigated. WHY???? If they bring him back to Bardstown what will even happen? I back the blue but have zero faith in LE there. I wouldn’t dare stop there for gas or an emergency. Unbelievable IMO

A little slightly off topic but relevant nevertheless IMO Tonight I received an Amber Alert regarding 4 missing young children from Bardstown following their mother being murdered by her SO. I received the alert less than an hour ago meanwhile they were safely found in Indiana more than two hours before the alert went out. WTH? Inexcusable and no word on the perp but Nelson County Sheriff posted on Facebook that they couldn’t put out the alert until they had fully investigated. WHY???? If they bring him back to Bardstown what will even happen? I back the blue but have zero faith in LE there. I wouldn’t dare stop there for gas or an emergency. Unbelievable IMO

Amber Alert canceled for 4 Bardstown children reported missing | whas11.com

Mt. Vernon, Illinois is 3.5 hours from Bardstown at a minimum.

Last edited:
Lauren Adams @WLKYLaurenAdams Sep 8
The @FBILouisville spent 2 weeks excavating a Bardstown property, ultimately recovering 2 items of interest in the Crystal Rogers case. They told her mother they were putting a ‘rush’ on those items to get them processed quicker at FBI lab in Virginia.

Lauren Adams @WLKYLaurenAdams Sep 8
A gaping hole — where ⁦@FBILouisville ⁩ spent weeks excavating for their latest search related to Crystal Rogers. It will be filled but more importantly several items of interest were recovered and are now in the hands of agents.

I'd hate to see the timeframe for non-rushed items.

First heard about this on a crime junkie episode. I didn't know there had been an update of them finding items of interest. Hoping they release what they found soon. Without reading through everything can anyone update me on any updates there has been? This is one case that really stuck with me since I heard it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maryjane99