Identified! TX - Huntsville, 'Walker County Jane Doe', WhtFem 14-16, 91UFTX, Nov'80 #5 - Sherri Ann Jarvis

Well, imo, this is interesting wording...
"Prosecutors say he had four other victims in the decades before his 2014 arrest, and their stories would have been evidence in the trial even though the cases are too old for criminal charges."
Cross-country sex slave trucker pleads guilty in Utah

Sorry, guys, didn't mean to take over the convo. Does anyone think the guy is a viable suspect, even? Still digging, but not really good at that yet...
This newssource is twin cities, Minnesota.
I just looked this man's name up and found an article from November 9, 2016 stating that he was 56 at the time of writing. I find it quite unlikely that this guy is the person responsible for SAJ's murder but the perp being 19-20 years old at the time is not an impossible scenario.

I just looked this man's name up and found an article from November 9, 2016 stating that he was 56 at the time of writing. I find it quite unlikely that this guy is the person responsible for SAJ's murder but the perp being 19-20 years old at the time is not an impossible scenario.
I agree.

Has to have started somewhere, and frankly we do not know with certainty she was pushed/thrown from a truck. It is also possible that disgusting "Vampire" was out there wandering around too at the time. He could have been friends with a trucker, or hitching himself, etc. Sherri was allegedly seen with other people the day before she was killed. While it may not be probable, I think it could be possible.

He sounds beyond vile and good news he is away for awhile, at any rate. Yuck.

Has to have started somewhere, and frankly we do not know with certainty she was pushed/thrown from a truck. It is also possible that disgusting "Vampire" was out there wandering around too at the time. He could have been friends with a trucker, or hitching himself, etc. Sherri was allegedly seen with other people the day before she was killed. While it may not be probable, I think it could be possible.

He sounds beyond vile and good news he is away for awhile, at any rate. Yuck.
Whether this person is the perp or not, it makes me more and more angry every day when the person responsible for SAJ's murder does not get apprehended. I don't give a hoot if he/she is geriatric, deceased, or already incarcerated. I just want them to get comeuppance

This case bothered me most, and today I've learned she's been identified. Puts tears in my eyes. Forensic genealogy prevails once more.

What infuriates me:

1. When missing children (and adults) aren't reported missing.
2. When missing children are reported missing, and their case is not in NamUs.

I don't know if either of these things happened in this case, but I certainly hope not.

Last edited:
This case bothered me most, and today I've learned she's been identified. Puts tears in my eyes. Forensic genealogy prevails once more.

What infuriates me:

I don't know if either of these things happened in this case, but I certainly hope not.
There have been plenty of blunders in everything involving this and it's quite frankly infuriating. The system deciding to separate her from her parents over truancy, missing person reports being messed up, the necklace disappearing, my goodness.

Maybe this is far fetched but has anyone ever raised the question that the perp could've been connected to Walker County police? I've heard that being speculated with cases like LISK but I'm curious if anyone has asked the same with this case

What infuriates me:

She was reported missing!

I think the report was purged when she turned 18

Back then, they didn't have the resources to track many missing people.

Namus is a new thing

She was reported missing!

I think the report was purged when she turned 18

Back then, they didn't have the resources to track many missing people.

Namus is a new thing

Purging a missing child report when they turn 18 is perplexing and extremely concerning, no matter what resources were available or not available to follow-up on reports.

NamUs Missing Person has been available for fourteen years, and is "an official website of the United States government, Department of Justice." I'd disagree in that it's new, and if law enforcement isn't familiar with NamUs by now, we should be outraged.

Last edited:
Purging a missing child report when they turn 18 is perplexing and extremely concerning, no matter what resources were available or not available to follow-up on reports.

NamUs Missing Person has been available for fourteen years, and is "an official website of the United States government, Department of Justice." I'd disagree in that it's new, and if law enforcement isn't familiar with NamUs by now, we should be outraged.
That's what they did with just about every MP report back then. We see it over and over again.
They were reported missing. The only reports that remain are kidnapping/abduction. If they were assumed to be a runaway, they weren't taken seriously.

Hey everyone, I've been away for a while because of school, but I'm happy to be back. I've spent the last week reading most of the posts from the 5 threads on Sherry's case. This was my pet case, and I am so happy to see that it has been solved. RIP Sherry Ann Jarvis.

On one hand, I'm hoping that her killer has already been executed for another murder. Her murder was so brutal, and life in prison is too lenient in my opinion. On the other hand, if her killer is alive, he can possibly answer some questions about what happened that night.

The last report I’ve seen of her time in Huntsville was her talking to a man/men in a station wagon. Has there been anything released to change that?
I just a few hours ago looked up the keywords “sherri jarvis wcjd station wagon” and found talk on an older thread mentioning that but no new info to refute it. I really hope that whoever this “person of interest” was, was someone who knew a thing or two about that. Or perhaps one of those alleged couples who rented their property out to her

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back