Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 #100 *Case dismissed w/o Prejudice*

Status
Not open for further replies.
It does. The judge, however, is making rulings siding with the defense. It’s insane but he seems to plan on Barry walking. I don’t understand it.

Complaints about the other "team" being too energetic and aggressive while complaining the ref is making harsh calls is the hallmark of a losing team.

The only thing to save this case is for the prosecution get it together, organize their case so their points land, work harder to imagine what the defense is going to bring and prepare for it.

Well, exactly.

BM’s defense team have NO evidence that he is not responsible for making SUZANNE go missing be dead. And because there is NOTHING pointing away from BM as the murderer, all they can do is posture and quibble and make a paperwork storm.

Um, yes, Defense Team, all of the evidence makes your client look guilty because he IS guilty.

Laughable if it wasn’t so dang serious for SUZANNE and justice for her.

It would have been nice if the prosecution had handed over evidence in a timely manner. I wonder what else they’ve “accidentally” withheld.

It does. The judge, however, is making rulings siding with the defense. It’s insane but he seems to plan on Barry walking. I don’t understand it.
The defense has definitely been having their way with Judge Llama. He is either getting played by the master manipulator IE or he may well be a willing participant. It will soon become clear ALL IMO

Last edited:
It would have been nice if the prosecution had handed over evidence in a timely manner. I wonder what else they’ve “accidentally” withheld.
To me this sounds like IE, any comment to stir the pot, I don't see it that way nor did either judge. Overwhelming amount of data here to be interpreted by others. I don't see anyone interested in railroading Barry. Just my opinion.

On another topic for those with more experience, would LE have tried to recreate Barry's pattern of cell phone pings on May 9th, I am asking about circling the property? Thanks!

Last edited:
You sound like IE, any comment to stir the pot, I don't see it that way nor did either judge. Overwhelming amount of data here to be interpreted by others. I don't see anyone interested in railroading Barry. Just my opinion.

On another topic for those with more experience, would LE have tried to recreate Barry's pattern of cell phone pings on May 9th, I am asking about circling the property? Thanks!
My guess is yes. I suspect that cell phone pattern tells a tale and is another reason that Defense is saying you cannot bring any "pushpin" type maps/diagrams etc showing cell phone activity/location of cell phones into the court. They want all pertinent evidence excluded !

Complaints about the other "team" being too energetic and aggressive while complaining the ref is making harsh calls is the hallmark of a losing team.

The only thing to save this case is for the prosecution get it together, organize their case so their points land, work harder to imagine what the defense is going to bring and prepare for it.
My opinion is NOT that the defense is energetic. Neither is the "referee" fair in his calls. I'm not part of a team and this is NOT a game, although some of you seem to think it is an "exciting" game. A woman, wife, mother was murdered by her husband and his "team" want him to walk. I do not.

However, since Op believes this is a competition, maybe the State should be able to hire some high priced, win at all costs lawyers. Since that's what it takes to win this game, this country is in a world of hurt. And the underprivileged will always wind up in prison even if they are innocent. And the guilty ones with money, as BM, get to go free.

Hmm. Some game. It stinks.

I am extremely interested to see exactly what the Defense wants tossed as we know that is most likely incriminating stuff they have. Haven’t had the opportunity to watch Lauren’s YouTube yet and not sure when I will.
Wishing everyone an awesome day tomorrow whether you celebrate a holiday or not. Enjoy!

Last edited:
Abracadabra???

@MassGuy sbm. Thanks for your post.
This vid ^ says "Subtitles/closed captions unavailable."

Do I need to change a setting on my tablet, hire a wizard to cast a magic spell, or ??? Anyone? TiA
I get the same message on YouTube. I think maybe LS has to do something on her end. She did say it’s her first time using StreamYard. JMO
I left a comment asking if she can enable captions.

O/T

OXYGEN NETWORK HAS A NEW SPECIAL ON 'KILLER COUPLES: starts in a few minutes

Killer Couples
Patrick Frazee and Krystal Kenney
Season 14 Episode 1

DocumentaryCrimeMystery
60 mins, Captioned

• Sat 16 Apr, 23:00 OXYGENP (Ch. 077)
When Colorado mother, Kelsey Berreth, disappeared in 2018, the search for her would uncover a secret romance that burned with deadly passion; featuring exclusive interviews with Kelsey's family friends and the investigators who broke the case.

Thank you @OldCop ! I totally agree and I 100%believe I know what we are witnessing here - even though the court has closed off the courtroom ( due to manufacturing of info from the Defense btw) it's crystal clear that the Defense knows he is guilty but they will pull any stunt (dirty tricks are part of their strategy) they think they can get away with to win allocades for themselves and improve their earning potential. I don't think they need to compartmentalize though. They are part of the win at all cost crowd. ALL IMO

This is what bothers me the most. This is what bothers me about the system we have. Someone can pay for a defense that will "win at all costs" and to heck with weather their client planned out and murdered his wife. Everyone should have a right to a fair trail. I believe that. "winning at all costs" is not fair to the victim in this case and that is Suzanne. What they are doing should not be a viable trial strategy. What it does is cloud the truth, it seeks to exclude factual evidence. Phone data doesn't lie, truck GPS data doesn't lie. That evidence was used to show Barry his story didn't add up and he chose to speak to LE and he admitted to his version of the truth that would explain away what the factual data showed about his actions.

I'm curious what Barry's lawyers would say if one of their female relatives.. say a sister or a daughter was murdered by their husband. Would they defense that person? Would they think trying to exclude all this factual evidence be the best strategy to get justice for their relative? Maybe it's okay with them while they are racking in the money this way, but I bet they would be singing a different tune if they were on the sideline while their relative's murderer had a chance to walk.

So from listening to LS go over the Defense motions on her YouTube today and learning more about what they want excluded:

They want the Prosecution to always refer to him as Mister Morphew, not Morphew or “ that man”.
They don’t want the Prosecution to point at him.

They don’t want the Prosecution to tell the Jury that they are seeking “ justice for Suzanne or for her family “.

They don’t want any mention of him being a hunter or having firearms, including no pictures of him holding a gun.

They don’t want any mention of SM’s journal not being found with her Bible and Courage to Change book - calling it second hand or even third hand hearsay.

I can’t remember what else right now. { big sigh }

Think I better go off line for awhile.
Hope everyone has a nice relaxing Easter Sunday tomorrow in any and every way you choose to spend it!

Last edited:
bbm
Well, exactly.

BM’s defense team have NO evidence that he is not responsible for making SUZANNE go missing be dead. And because there is NOTHING pointing away from BM as the murderer, all they can do is posture and quibble and make a paperwork storm.

Um, yes, Defense Team, all of the evidence makes your client look guilty because he IS guilty.

Laughable if it wasn’t so dang serious for SUZANNE and justice for her.

On another note, I had this convoluted thought that perhaps SD trespassed at the PP house so she could hire the law firm that caused Judge Murphy’s recusal from the Morphew case. Sounds like something a devious defense team might try? Betting on a more defense-friendly judge taking over?

SUZANNE, I hope the universe works in your favor and that you are soon found.

I believe she is findable. May it happen soon.

It is the responsibility of the state to prove that someone is guilty, not for the defendant to prove their innocence.
How can you prove you are innocent if someone claims you commit a crime? For instance, if LE claims you molest children, you cannot prove that you don’t. Calling hundreds of children to testify you did not molest them will prove nothing.
That is why the onus is on the prosecution to show proof that you are guilty.
Our criminal justice system is based on the presumption of innocence beyond a reasonable doubt to protect us from conviction without proof.
People sometimes assume that you go to court to prove that you’re innocent, but this isn’t the case. You have no obligation to do so. Criminal defense strategies usually center on poking holes in the prosecution’s case against you.
The burden of proof is the state’s responsibility. You don’t have to prove anything if the prosecution doesn’t meet this burden.

So from listening to LS go over the Defense motions on her YouTube today and learning more about what they want excluded:

They want the Prosecution to always refer to him as Mister Morphew, not Morphew or “ that man”.

They don’t want the Prosecution to tell the Jury that they are seeking “ justice for Suzanne or for her family “.

They don’t want any mention of him being a hunter or having firearms, including no pictures of him holding a gun.

They don’t want any mention of SM’s journal not being found with her Bible and Courage to Change book - calling it second hand or even third hand hearsay.

Hope everyone has a nice relaxing Easter Sunday tomorrow in any and every way you choose to spend it!
IMO burning another’s, particularly a woman’s journal or diary is significant. This is junior high back in the day (also their day) and present middle school shenanigans. It speaks volumes and whether or not this is one of the Defense motions to exclude it speaks volumes all on its own. IMO
There simply must be evidence that remnants were found in the PP home fireplace after LE entered. This is a perfect example of what they don’t want us privy to among many other things. Also this is the tip of the iceberg. We are about to learn so much more. Suzanne’s religious beliefs are not lost on me. I hope they’re not lost on anyone else who shares her belief. She believed and her truth will hopefully be known soon.
IMO

IMO burning another’s, particularly a woman’s journal or diary is significant. This is junior high back in the day (also their day) and present middle school shenanigans. It speaks volumes and whether or not this is one of the Defense motions to exclude it speaks volumes all on its own. IMO
There simply must be evidence that remnants were found in the PP home fireplace after LE entered. This is a perfect example of what they don’t want us privy to among many other things. Also this is the tip of the iceberg. We are about to learn so much more. Suzanne’s religious beliefs are not lost on me. I hope they’re not lost on anyone else who shares her belief. She believed and her truth will hopefully be known soon.
IMO
IIRC apparently there was no way to definitively identify the ashes as the journal. So unforntunate.

I get the same message on YouTube. I think maybe LS has to do something on her end. She did say it’s her first time using StreamYard. JMO
I left a comment asking if she can enable captions.
@Cindizzi re bbm A big, Big, BIG thank you.:)

BTW, George Costanza gave me the password
------------------------ Bosco ---------------------
for his ATM card & to enable youtube closed captions
but it did not work.
Not on either. :rolleyes:
tumblr_ob8sfshSkm1u5xvbuo1_640.jpg

Seinfeld

Back to Suzanne.

Will BM be a STAR at the end of May, poor husband, completely innocent, who now has to get his life together after wrongly suspected of something evil, he never ever did?
Only remaining fact for trial: male person (husband) still there, female person (wife) away. Nothing to be seen and negotiate here. :mad:

Wow, this is really hard to take.
Ever since I began following this case I have been so anxious for the trial to finally start. Now, not so much…..I’m not sure that I will even follow it as I am trying so hard to be positive but feel we are on a long, slippery slope to BM’s acquittal….which makes me want to vomit to be honest.

@waldojabba bbm sbm for focus. I appreciate all Lauren's efforts in this case & other cases. A fine reporter w good delivery, great on-camera presence, pleasant voice.

Seems some ppl (well, me for one. You too?) understand content more by reading or seeing, waaay more than by just listening. For me, hearing/reading commentary & summaries is more enlightening when done in conjunction w motions in hand or on split screen.

It would be ever so helpful for me as a youtube watcher to see, under Lauren's pic w "Show More," to see a Table of Contents (term?) w time marks for the episode. Hypo:
0:00:15 .... Intro.
0:01:01 ....Def's MiL to Exclude Yadda Yadda.
0:04:30 ... Def's MiL to Ref. to Polygraph as LE Tool.
etc.

Helpful before/as we watch initially and again later as we and many others on line discuss a certain motion or topic, to be able to pinpoint the time.
Also w a ToC, members of Websleuths/any forum could locate the specific info more easily, post a comment w a link to LS, then others could easily find it & re-watch/re-read and respond.

And more hits for the Latest Scoop with Lauren Scharf???
I am exactly like you, @al66pine, reading as opposed to watch and listen. I get frustrated when I Google search for instructions to something or other and all that comes up is a string of YouTube tutorials. Watch, pause, take a note, what?, rewind, watch again. So tedious to me. However, once I have my reading material in hand, I’m happy to watch the instructions in action.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members