TX TX - Jason Landry, 21, enroute from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
This next billboard will definitely be seen by a lot of people. It is huge and in an excellent location.

"The I-35 corridor between San Antonio and Austin is considered one of the most congested stretches of highway in the Interstate System. Much of this traffic is due to I-35 being considered one of the primary NAFTA corridors."

Interstate 35 in Texas - Wikipedia

<moo>

Last edited:
But, I am open to him leaving purposely and alive somewhere. It could also explain some of those things, but I just haven’t seen anything yet that makes it obvious to me that that’s what happened. I just hope he is found soon one way or another so his family doesn’t have to keep wondering. It has to be torture.
^^rsbm

As to Jason joining a religious group/cult, I think this is where we benefit from FBI's BAU and their victimology assessment. Personally, I don't see Jason hurting his parents, siblings, and friends in this manner. I believe Jason was under the influence (of something) and he succumbed to the elements on that cold evening in December. He did not disappear willingly. MOO

^^rsbm

As to Jason joining a religious group/cult, I think this is where we benefit from FBI's BAU and their victimology assessment. Personally, I don't see Jason hurting his parents, siblings, and friends in this manner. I believe Jason was under the influence (of something) and he succumbed to the elements on that cold evening in December. He did not disappear willingly. MOO
BBM

While I know what you meant (he didn't willingly go off with a cult which would hurt his parents, etc.), at the same time that made me think of what Pena is getting at... which is someone else may be involved which would mean same thing... he did not disappear willingly.

Also, so I'm not misunderstood... I'm not saying that he unwilling disappeared with a cult. Rather, that something happened, and a 2nd (and possible 3rd) person was involved in that disappearance. Nothing to do with what Seattle1 posted. It was just the wording I bolded that made me think of Pena thinking that someone else was responsible for him to be (unwillingly) removed from the area, whether that was at the accident site, meaning Jason was driving, or somewhere else, and Jason wasn't driving and the accident was staged. That would take 2 people as one would need to drive back the person that staged the wreck. If that's what happened.

Hopefully that was clear and I didn't muddy the water. :p

Abel Pena is a former FBI agent who is working the case pro-bono, along with the team at his nonprofit, Project Absentis. After extensive interviews, Pena believes Landry was not alone at the time he disappeared.

Investigators offer conflicting theories on missing student Jason Landry

I recall the accident scene was rapidly disassembled and therefore contaminated.

- What proof is there that Jason was driving the vehicle the night of the reported accident?
- What proof is there he was even in the vehicle?

I recall the accident scene was rapidly disassembled and therefore contaminated.

- What proof is there that Jason was driving the vehicle the night of the reported accident?
To answer both of your questions. None.

A question that comes to mind for me is.... "What proof is there that Jason was driving the vehicle down SFR the night of the reported accident?". I word it that way because he could have started out that night, with fish in tow, but something could have happened before he even made it to Luling. Or it could have happened shortly after entering Luling. But just because his clothes and pet fish are found on the road doesn't 100% say he was actually there. It's circumstantial at best.

It seems HIGHLY unlikely to me, that someone else other than Jason exited that car with his fish Sparky in tow. It just seems unreasonable, to think anyone else would care to carry his beta fish along after leaving the wrecked car and walking toward town.

That, to me, is pretty near proof it was Jason who drove up Salt Flat road, wrecked, and then headed back into town. I don't know what happened after that.

It seems HIGHLY unlikely to me, that someone else other than Jason exited that car with his fish Sparky in tow. It just seems unreasonable, to think anyone else would care to carry his beta fish along after leaving the wrecked car and walking toward town.

That, to me, is pretty near proof it was Jason who drove up Salt Flat road, wrecked, and then headed back into town. I don't know what happened after that.
THIS ^^^^
A dark night on a lonely road. Unless there is credible evidence a stranger is involved, the billboards are a wild goose chase.

So maybe an unknown who & why. Very low chance, IMO.

He didn't join a cult, IMO. Unlikely to be a random crime victim at that place and time, IMO.

He had time to disappear in a difficult to search landscape so finding his remains out there is the most likely scenario.

This is most likely misadventure leading to missing person. We need some better ways to search within a 5+ mile radius. What tech is out there that has not been used?

You are dearly loved & missed. I hope you are found soon, Jason.

JMHO

Caffeine can be a lot more dangerous than most people realize. Besides causing high blood pressure, anxiety and accelerated heart rates it can induce psychosis in some people.

Can Caffeine Induce Psychosis?.
One night, many years ago in my foolish youth, I bought some caffeine pills displayed by the cashier at a big truck stop on I95, trying to get in more driving time from Florida to Maine. They were sold as singles, yellow and black striped capsules with a bee on the label with no dosage instructions.
I took two and soon had hallucinations while driving. I had a sensation the cars were moving on a track but I was stationary, also light trails.
Ever since that night, I only drink coffee in moderation and buy no medication at truck stops, legal and over the counter doesn’t mean it’s safe, especially while driving.

- Jason's phone was active on Waze as he was leaving the apartment and on the drive, up until that moment at 11:24 p.m. when he opened Snapchat app.
- His phone was protected by a passcode that LE/family couldn't unlock for a few months.
- The shirt Jason was last known to be wearing (for a camp that he had worked at, so not a terribly common shirt) was found in the road on SFR.
- All of Jason's stuff, including his PS4, beta fish, and other things, was in the car/left on the road.
- I did a simulated Google Maps route leaving The Retreats Apartment complex 10:55 p.m. and arriving at Hackleberry/Austin St (the site of the last ping). It projects arrival by 11:35 p.m. or 11 minutes faster than when LE says he passed that area.
- So he was actually driving faster than Google Maps simulation, making it even less likely (though it was already very low % anyway) that he stopped or picked anyone up.

jason_route.jpg

At this point, I realize that nothing should be 'off the table.' Yet, I still believe the idea that Jason was not driving/in the vehicle still too much of a fringe theory. And, as always, that last part is JMO.

<modsnip>

So if night hunting is a thing in Luling, is it remotely possible that JL wandering around naked in the middle of the night got mistaken for some kind of animal and was injured by a night hunter who freaked out when they realized they shot a human, hid the body and hightailed it outta there? Could a human crawling on the ground be mistaken for a deer or a feral pig?

Last edited by a moderator:
<modsnip>

So if night hunting is a thing in Luling, is it remotely possible that JL wandering around naked in the middle of the night got mistaken for some kind of animal and was injured by a night hunter who freaked out when they realized they shot a human, hid the body and hightailed it outta there? Could a human crawling on the ground be mistaken for a deer or a feral pig?
I'm not surprised by some people out there, but since the barbed wire fence was in the way I think he walked on the dirt road otherwise there would have been a somewhat bloody trail on the fence. Even if it was raining the sniffer dogs they brought afterwards would've picked this up. So I don't think he went behind the fence unless he got in through the cemetary or someone's yard then yes this is also a possiblity IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
When Trooper Flores is on the phone with Jason’s parents the night of the accident, he says that “Jason kicked out the back window of the car to escape”, but other accounts state the back window was shattered from impact of the crash. We all know the car was left with the doors locked so the back window was the only logical way Jason got out of the car. But I’m still amazed that he wasn’t cut by all the glass shards and fragments that were both on the back sun deck and glass that was jagged but still somewhat intact, which in my opinion would’ve left some type of blood trail and or evidence.

When Trooper Flores is on the phone with Jason’s parents the night of the accident, he says that “Jason kicked out the back window of the car to escape”, but other accounts state the back window was shattered from impact of the crash. We all know the car was left with the doors locked so the back window was the only logical way Jason got out of the car. But I’m still amazed that he wasn’t cut by all the glass shards and fragments that were both on the back sun deck and glass that was jagged but still somewhat intact, which in my opinion would’ve left some type of blood trail and or evidence.
With all I've read and heard about the doors being locked/unlocked... I heard MORE often, and directly from Kent's mouth, that the driver's door was UNlocked which is how he entered the car to get the phone.

When Kent eventually enters the car, he goes through the unlocked driver’s side door. One such source: Missing Texas State student Jason Landry timeline: What we know

On the other hand, there appears there's some in the news that states otherwise:

“Left the keys in there and it’s all locked up,” the trooper says as he tries to unlock the door of the wrecked car. Source: More evidence released in disappearance of Jason Landry | khou.com

With all I've read and heard about the doors being locked/unlocked... I heard MORE often, and directly from Kent's mouth, that the driver's door was UNlocked which is how he entered the car to get the phone.

When Kent eventually enters the car, he goes through the unlocked driver’s side door. One such source: Missing Texas State student Jason Landry timeline: What we know

On the other hand, there appears there's some in the news that states otherwise:

“Left the keys in there and it’s all locked up,” the trooper says as he tries to unlock the door of the wrecked car. Source: More evidence released in disappearance of Jason Landry | khou.com
Wouldn’t the wrecker driver have been the one who unlocked the car that night before he towed it? He had to gain entry to the vehicle because the lights had been turned off when the Altima was on the flatbed. I’d also like to know if the car was in drive or park, did the engine stall after the crash?

Last edited:

Answering myself (that's a variation of talking to one's self. lol). :p

As my post said above, the trooper said he "left the keys in there and it's all locked up". Then we only see him trying the locked passenger side. We don't see him try the driver's side. My guess is that he couldn't because that side appears to be right up against the barbwire fence from the pic of the vid I pasted below. So it's a guess on my part that is why we didn't see him try the driver's door, and why he said "it's all locked up". I doubt he'd guess about something like that and instead stated fact.

If that's really the case, then he either had to exit out the back and maybe he did kick out the back window, or exited from the passenger side and then locked the door before closing. That likely could have been habit engrained him him so it would be automatic, nothing thought about. As close as the car is to the barbwire I'd think that wouldn't have been an easy way out. And IF he did go that way, he'd likely have more than 1 small spot of blood on his shorts as he'd need to make his way along the side of the car to get out in the open. Also, there's never been any mention of tears on any of his clothing. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong about that! I'd think the barbs would have made a few rips here and there, both to his skin and the clothes, yet the small blood smear tells me otherwise. IMHO

While I don't know if this is true for ALL barbed wire... (it's not something a city girl runs across. lol)... this source says 4-5" apart, with 3-5 strands or wire horizontally. It's MOO that he'd get stuck by more than 1 barb if he went that way.

Barbed wire consists of two or more strands of smooth, galvanized wire twisted together with two or four sharp barbs spaced every 4 to 5 inches. Standard barbed wire fences usually have three to five strands of barbed wire stretched between posts.

Source: Livestock Fencing Thoughts.

So. My guess is the reason the trooper said it was all locked up, and the reason Kent found the driver's door unlocked, is because the tow guy likely has a jimmy (or whatever) to deal with situations such as this and to get inside the car to make his job easier. And he didn't bother locking it back up once he got it on his truck and to his yard which is why Kent found it unlocked. That doesn't necessarily mean Jason left it unlocked.
upload_2022-4-17_18-19-16.png
Source: More evidence released in disappearance of Jason Landry | khou.com

Last edited:
Answering myself (that's a variation of talking to one's self. lol). :p

As my post said above, the trooper said he "left the keys in there and it's all locked up". Then we only see him trying the locked passenger side. We don't see him try the driver's side. My guess is that he couldn't because that side appears to be right up against the barbwire fence from the pic of the vid I pasted below. So it's a guess on my part that is why we didn't see him try the driver's door, and why he said "it's all locked up". I doubt he'd guess about something like that and instead stated fact.

If that's really the case, then he either had to exit out the back and maybe he did kick out the back window, or exited from the passenger side and then locked the door before closing. That likely could have been habit engrained him him so it would be automatic, nothing thought about. As close as the car is to the barbwire I'd think that wouldn't have been an easy way out. And IF he did go that way, he'd likely have more than 1 small spot of blood on his shorts as he'd need to make his way along the side of the car to get out in the open. Also, there's never been any mention of tears on any of his clothing. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong about that! I'd think the barbs would have made a few rips here and there, both to his skin and the clothes, yet the small blood smear tells me otherwise. IMHO

While I don't know if this is true for ALL barbed wire... (it's not something a city girl runs across. lol)... this source says 4-5" apart, with 3-5 strands or wire horizontally. It's MOO that he'd get stuck by more than 1 barb if he went that way.

Barbed wire consists of two or more strands of smooth, galvanized wire twisted together with two or four sharp barbs spaced every 4 to 5 inches. Standard barbed wire fences usually have three to five strands of barbed wire stretched between posts.

Source: Livestock Fencing Thoughts.

So. My guess is the reason the trooper said it was all locked up, and the reason Kent found the driver's door unlocked, is because the tow guy likely has a jimmy (or whatever) to deal with situations such as this and to get inside the car to make his job easier. And he didn't bother locking it back up once he got it on his truck and to his yard which is why Kent found it unlocked. That doesn't necessarily mean Jason left it unlocked.
View attachment 340236
Source: More evidence released in disappearance of Jason Landry | khou.com
In earlier posts I had also talked about this. I am under the assumption that he got out of the driver's side door. I had also wondered about the tearing of clothes and the one spot of blood in that post. Its possible once he got out of the driver's side door he did have enough space to manouver himself out. But now thinking about this did the trooper use that door to investigate or did Florez use the passenger side. Was there an observation of that side of the car by the trooper (don't get me wrong I'm not questioning how LE did naything here) I just want to know how Jason got to the road and if he started undressing when he got out or on the road.

In earlier posts I had also talked about this. I am under the assumption that he got out of the driver's side door. I had also wondered about the tearing of clothes and the one spot of blood in that post. Its possible once he got out of the driver's side door he did have enough space to manouver himself out. But now thinking about this did the trooper use that door to investigate or did Florez use the passenger side. Was there an observation of that side of the car by the trooper (don't get me wrong I'm not questioning how LE did naything here) I just want to know how Jason got to the road and if he started undressing when he got out or on the road.
One more thing did the doors automatically lock themselves? Like cars have the mechanism to do so if the car is set like that. This is only relevent because the driver's door that Jason may have come out of was unlocked as he may have gotten out of it and the rest of the doors remain unlocked. I have questions about the back window though was the crash that high impact that it shattered? Possibly. But shattered is pretty strong. I just have a feeling we are missing some information. Maybe it was a very strong crash. It just doesn't look like that to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy