GUILTY NY - Orsolya Gaal, 51, body found in duffel bag, Queens, Apr 2022 *Arrest* #3

This should be required reading for this topic.
This is my view, as well. The NYPD have seen it all. They don't make decisions based on neighborhood gossip. They don't make decisions based on just the word of a murderer. They've heard lies from murderers all their careers. The NYC detectives will piece together evidence and come to a conclusion based on the totality of the evidence that they have.

It seems clear to me that this is what they have done. We may not like it, we may not understand it, but it is established by the NYPD that OG did indeed engage in an affair with this character.

I believe 1000% that she had a husband and sons whom she loved, at least at some point, and what appeared to be a loving family.
Who can say why she strayed? It could be anything.

It could be that she found him very physically appealing. It could be that they bonded over being immigrants with English as a second language. Maybe she found him funny and delightful. Maybe it was Covid curtailing her usual outings.

I don't know and I don't need to know. It's dreadful that it happened. It makes her husband's burden even more difficult. It must be confusing to her sons. She died at this man's hands. I'm sure it was regretted by everyone it touched, beginning with Orsolya and excluding the murderer.

IMO though, to refuse to believe it's true because we can't imagine ourselves in this position is not recognizing truth.

As an aside, if Bonola was a certified handyman, in the local handyman union, in NYC they make decent money. <modsnip>

JMO /QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
“A local florist, Martin Calixto, said that Bonola would often stop by and buy a single red rose each and every time. He even recognized Gaal from photos that Bonola had showed him in the past.” Source: The Daily Mail.

I think just like he tried to hit on the Starbucks employees with little gifts, he showed attention to someone who had been married for maybe 20 years and perhaps wasn’t receiving that honeymoon phase kind of attention.

Message from SteveP from last thread - can't quote

My thoughts exactly. Many here refuse to think that a woman like OG could possibly have any physical desire for, and let's not even suggest there was some sort of intimacy between the two of them, because if we do, it is just to smear her though the mud, and almost to victim-blame, and that surely this whacko just imagined all of that. I am sure that NYPD would not state it as fact if they did not have some proof that it is. If anything else, they would either not mention it at all, or say, Bonola claims...

NOTHING OG did warranted her brutal murder. If she, as NYPD states, had been having a long-term affair, or even a one-night-stand with this guy, she would not be the first married person to do so, and will not be the last. It does not make her a bad person. Sadly, it is not uncommon, and I venture to guess at least a few reading this right now have been touched by such in their own lives.

We are all here to get to the truth of cases, not only the prettier side of truth. I am optimistic that NYPD is carefully unravelling the truth, and pray that this monster never takes another breath outside of prison walls. JMO

For me, it wasn't that I 'refused to think a woman like OG could have a physical desire for [this man]'. It's not that I'd weirdly think she didn't deserve it if she was living life as a married woman in a happy marriage, but that I would think that if she was having an affair, so refused to believe it possible.

<modsnip>

Of course I'm not going to argue with what the NYPD have said regarding them having an off and on affair. If they've said it, no problem. <modsnip>

Nobody deserves to die this way. She could have been having a thousand affairs. She could have been having none. It's irrelevant to her status as victim. (It's relevance is limited to tracking down potential perps). But I just refuse to trust the media, as they prove over and over that they are willing to sacrifice accuracy and truth for being the first to report on something or to make a story more clickworthy. I am happy to trust the words of LE when its straight from their own mouths.

The man accused of stabbing Queens mom Orsolya Gaal nearly 60 times, stuffing her body into a hockey duffel bag and then dragging it more than a half-mile was remanded to Department of Corrections custody and placed on suicide watch by a judge after his first court appearance in New York City late Thursday night.

David Bonola, 44, is charged with murder, criminal tampering and criminal possession of a weapon. His defense did not enter a plea, but requested medical attention and that he be placed on suicide watch, which the judge granted.

Bonola is due back in court April 26th. If convicted of Gaal's murder, he faces up to 25 years-to-life in prison.
Queens District Attorney Katz vowed that Bonola 'will be held to account for this horrific crime.'

'Two boys are left without a mother and a young teenager faces the added trauma of being home when this heinous murder took place,' Katz said in a statement.

David Bonola Orsolya Gaal Handyman confessed trying to rekindle their intimate relationship | Daily Mail Online

Orsolya Gaal murder: NYC mom's accused killer on suicide watch after first court appearance

Attachments

• ADF7F355-D5D1-4245-9FA8-EF8D0D259569.jpeg
    ADF7F355-D5D1-4245-9FA8-EF8D0D259569.jpeg
    71.1 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
On the surface, they don't seem to have much in common but they had a bond as immigrants. It says he came to the U.S. from Mexico 21 years ago. That seems to be around the same time she also immigrated to the U.S.

In her Facebook, she has thousands of pictures of her 3 trips to Guatemala in 2019 and calls it her "happy place on earth." In his Facebook, he seems to follow a lot of women with Central/Eastern European sounding names. I'm guessing they were each other's type at some level.

It reminds me of when Arnold Schwarzenegger had an affair with his Guatemalan maid. Everyone seemed so shocked that this blockbuster movie star married to a Kennedy would have an affair with someone like Mildred. Arnold was also an immigrant and probably related to her at some level.

This is all speculation on my part but since LE and the NYPD also said they had an affair, I believe it.

Why did he send the text to the husband?

If she actually sent someone to jail and he knew about it, she had to have had a very close and trusting relationship with him.

She was a very good looking woman but maybe everyone around her (including husband and friends) took her for granted while he showered her with attention and compliments. From all the selfies she might have been vain, wonderful to be admired if only by your handyman.

By the way I don’t find him ugly nor scary or even homeless looking like most of you do but rather good looking. That doesn’t mean he is not a creep as per the baristas of the Starbucks.

That’s interesting. I was just thinking that she probably loved his romantic nature—that the Starbucks baristas could testify to. :(

I am not sure how true or accurate the barista story is. It could be true. It could be mistaken identity. Or it could be someone looking for their 15 minutes of fame. MOO.

From the article (BBM):
"Frequently, the baristas would call the police for assistance but by the time they arrived, he was long gone so they took down reports and left, the woman claimed.

An NYPD spokesperson said there are harassment complaints on file for the location but nothing that matches Pikulinski’s claims."

Who is Orsolya Gaal's accused killer David Bonola?

I don't think rage was a factor to kill. It was premediated to some level. There has to be a darker side of him. Now LE has to factor whether he committed more murders through his 21+ years.

He has no remorse and tries to portray his actions were not wrong. From his FB friends list, he does try to befriend foreign women or women who want to help others.

You have to wonder how he pays his bills, how much free time he has and what he does in the free time. He definitely has some life plan - may be convince a rich woman to marry him and kill the husband or some sorta (IMO)

<modsnip - quoted post was removed>

LE have confirmed the affair was real, via investigation of Orsolya’s phone, from witness statements. It was an angle they pursued very early on so the evidence must have been very clear. I do have a hunch DB possibly felt more, wanted more than she was willing to commit, but at some point Orsolya must have felt a connection with him.

I don't think rage was a factor to kill. It was premediated to some level. There has to be a darker side of him. Now LE has to factor whether he committed more murders through his 21+ years.

He has no remorse and tries to portray his actions were not wrong. From his FB friends list, he does try to befriend foreign women or women who want to help others.

You have to wonder how he pays his bills, how much free time he has and what he does in the free time. He definitely has some life plan - may be convince a rich woman to marry him and kill the husband or some sorta (IMO)

I will be very surprised if DB has murdered previously and gotten away with it. He is far from a master criminal. I don’t think money was motivation here. He was rejected, he felt disempowered, he got pissed off and he took Orsolya’s life in the most brutal way.

He has no remorse and tries to portray his actions were not wrong. From his FB friends list, he does try to befriend foreign women or women who want to help others….

Exactly what I was thinking! This man didn’t suddenly develop fixations and violent impulses.

he probably pays his bills with money he earns as a handyman. Handymen can make great money, especially in a place like NY where tradesman and contractors are frankly too busy to deal with homeowners “honey do” lists.

I hate that it could be coming across like I’ve been defending a murderer, but some of the misconceptions and negative comments about this creep are really bothersome to me. Imo hate him because he brutally murdered a mother while her son was upstairs and left her kids without a mom, not because of his blue collar profession and the way he looks. Jmo

this comment isn’t directed at you, I’m just speaking in general

I agree it's a little too late for us commonfolk to care so intensely about OG's choice in... partners.
However, given how many people end up in tragic circumstance and LE Doesn't dredge out their personal business/intimate details, this whole angle has felt weirdly off since the beginning. The publics reaction has been ghastly and extremely toxic toward her, which should be answered for. Was it wise to reveal certain details for lowbrow titillation, so callously? What use was it to to sow these seeds so openly, yet not name partners?

Lets not forget how horribly Jaime Closs was also portrayed when she was abducted very much against her will, as per FBI assessment. Months went by while citizens were basically encouraged to look the other way because she was presumed to have orchastrated the entire bloody event.
In her case, as ugly as it was to watch her painted as responsible or party to her own horrific abduction, the ultimate end goal of massaging her kidnapper's ego into complacency was deemed necessary.

I'm not so sure there is any higher purpose served here.
The purpose for LE is to establish motive, no higher purpose, not to dredge a victim's name through any mud. It is what it is. Motive is important in prosecutions for homicide and eventually becomes public knowledge anyway.

The man accused of stabbing Queens mom Orsolya Gaal nearly 60 times, stuffing her body into a hockey duffel bag and then dragging it more than a half-mile was remanded to Department of Corrections custody and placed on suicide watch by a judge after his first court appearance in New York City late Thursday night.

David Bonola, 44, is charged with murder, criminal tampering and criminal possession of a weapon. His defense did not enter a plea, but requested medical attention and that he be placed on suicide watch, which the judge granted.

Bonola is due back in court April 26th. If convicted of Gaal's murder, he faces up to 25 years-to-life in prison.
Queens District Attorney Katz vowed that Bonola 'will be held to account for this horrific crime.'

'Two boys are left without a mother and a young teenager faces the added trauma of being home when this heinous murder took place,' Katz said in a statement.

David Bonola Orsolya Gaal Handyman confessed trying to rekindle their intimate relationship | Daily Mail Online

Orsolya Gaal murder: NYC mom's accused killer on suicide watch after first court appearance

Between the bolded statement above, and this statement from the DailyMail article above,

After being arrested, he made a calm confession to the police and then ate a bagel with cream cheese, according to The New York Post.

I believe we are seeing the first moves in a planned insanity defense coming in this case. JMO

Last edited:
Maybe she was one of those people who are very accepting of everyone and "love" everyone in an idealistic, nurturing way, unless given a reason not to--someone who was super positive? She seems to have incredible energy and zest for life. <modsnip> Sometimes you connect with people in a way that has no rhyme or reason. <modsnip>

Post reports that it was OG who posted the note on the fridge.

Gaal also appeared to have tipped off investigators to her accused killer – by posting a note on her refrigerator that read “GET A NEW HANDYMAN” before she was brutally stabbed to death, law enforcement sources said.

The handwritten memo was found by detectives last weekend at Gaal’s Forest Hills home, early on in their investigation into the shocking slaying of Gaal. Orsolya Gaal let David Bonola into her home before repeatedly asking him leave

Speculating based on everything we have seen from DB’s behaviour after the murder, I think he wrote the note on the fridge ( especially if it was the only thing on a to do list ). He strikes me as someone super impulsive and dramatic so gestures like creepy love notes, revenge texts and fridge memos after commuting a murder would be his thing.

I doubt very much he wrote the "Find new handyman." note found on the fridge. His hands were cut up from stabbing the victim with a kitchen knife. He wasn't writing any notes. MOO.

I wonder if LE will be able to bring any additional charges against him, such as if he used the key that was left in the harbeque to enter the house - breaking and entering - and any other possible charges. A sentence of 25 years to life doesn't seem long enough to me, so am hoping there are additional charges, albeit legitimate, and that he would not receive concurrent sentencing for them, so that they can keep him locked up longer (in the event he gets sentenced only to 25 years).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cayteamuhree
Back