GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 *arrests* #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
I for one, have NO compassion for this lying foul-mouthed . The day after the hit, she gleefully carried Charlie's sac of carefully stappled $100s (100 bundles $1000s = $100,000.00) to the preps, taking a large cut for herself. And that's not including the checks for nothing and a Lexus plus I sure more. I hope she doesn't take the plea, so when she is convicted she gets 30 years more!
Wrong. Rivera says he was paid $35 K and that makes sense in context. That's what she would have carried over that day. The money was to pay LR. The other money for SG would have been transferred another time. What's to stop LR pulling a gun and taking the lot (or trying to) if she brings more than his component ?

Wrong. Rivera says he was paid $35 K and that makes sense in context. That's what she would have carried over that day. The money was to pay LR. The other money for SG would have been transferred another time. What's to stop LR pulling a gun and taking the lot (or trying to) if she brings more than his component ?

I think the split was like you say $34k for Rivera, and $38 or 39K for SG. Rivera said SG then gave him another stack of $100s from his cut (total = $1000), to make Rivera's cut $35K, I guess to be "fair", and Katie got the rest. Also,Rivera and SG were best friends from childhood for god's sake. LR would have NEVER pulled a gun on Garcia at that time! At least that's the way I remember it.

Last edited:
I agree that it is the person's actions that matter in criminal court, not their thoughts and feelings.

To me, it seems there was a conspiracy of 4 people necessary to kill poor Dan: someone to order and pay for it, someone to contact the others, help plan it and distribute the money, someone to drive and someone to shoot the gun.

IMO, unless there's additional evidence such as, perhaps, Wendi and/or Donna chosing the day and time, manipulating Dan to be more easily found, forcing Charlie to do it, or sharing essential information that Charlie could not have found out on his own, I don't see, at this point, that those two committed any crimes. Hating someone, wishing they were dead, isn't a crime...actually killing him is.

JMO

well said and accurate. We can certainly see that the prosecution has hesitated to pursue the Adelson family for many years in spite of quite a bit of evidence. The fact that they now are ready to pursue CA indicates that they are finally making the move. I can’t see anything so far that comes close to implicating Wendi legally but Donna has said a number of things that put her close to a conspiracy count.

I agree that it is the person's actions that matter in criminal court, not their thoughts and feelings.

To me, it seems there was a conspiracy of 4 people necessary to kill poor Dan: someone to order and pay for it, someone to contact the others, help plan it and distribute the money, someone to drive and someone to shoot the gun.

IMO, unless there's additional evidence such as, perhaps, Wendi and/or Donna chosing the day and time, manipulating Dan to be more easily found, forcing Charlie to do it, or sharing essential information that Charlie could not have found out on his own, I don't see, at this point, that those two committed any crimes. Hating someone, wishing they were dead, isn't a crime...actually killing him is.

JMO

DA was writing the checks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members