Identified! VA - Annandale, WhtFem ~60, 245UFVA, 'NO CODE, DNR, No Penicillin', Dec'96 #2 - Joyce Meyer Sommers

#GoOthramGo!

Our "Christmas Tree Lady" has become a symbol of America's (seemingly) forgotten senior population. It will be good to give her some dignity in death by acknowledging who she was in the living.

Amateur opinion and speculation

I am new here and trying to find a list of excluded missing females. I have been on namus and can only find a partial list. Thanks for any help on this.

I am new here and trying to find a list of excluded missing females. I have been on namus and can only find a partial list. Thanks for any help on this.

Oh, that's interesting. She had over 630 rule outs on NamUs. Why not just take them all off the lists. Why leave just 7 names? Anyway, Othram is currently working to identify her. She's got a couple of threads here. (You won't find the entire 630+ rule outs, though.)

VA - VA - Annandale, WhtFem 245UFVA, ~60, 'NO CODE, DNR, No Penicillin', Dec'96

VA - VA - Annandale, WhtFem ~60, 245UFVA, 'NO CODE, DNR, No Penicillin', Dec'96 #2

Welcome to WS!

Well that explains why I can’t access the entire list on namus-thanks for that info. Here’s a few I think are interesting: Judith Carol Hofferman, Mary Joetta Roderick, Mary Elizabeth Sloan, Carmella Maria Guiterrez. Sure hope Othram can find out who she is and give her back her name.

You have to have an account to view NAMUS rule-out lists.

She currently does not have any public rule outs listed. Sometime LE has some that they have not inputted to NAMUS due to being prior to the website.

Angella also had "gray/partially gray" hair where has this doe had distinctive red/copper colored hair

Have they clarified whether or not JD’s hair was dyed? Even if she was a natural redhead, her hair could have gone gray, and then have been touched up again.

Have they clarified whether or not JD’s hair was dyed? Even if she was a natural redhead, her hair could have gone gray, and then have been touched up again.
Given the estimate of her age, it is highly likely the hair was colour enhanced. However, AFAIK, there has not been an official statement to that effect.

Given the estimate of her age, it is highly likely the hair was colour enhanced. However, AFAIK, there has not been an official statement to that effect.

Thank you. Considering the way that she died—a Christmas tree, her favorite tapes, (I’d assume that they were,) I think that it’s quite possible that, even if she’d gone gray, she might have colored her hair beforehand.

This is a 'longshot' suggestion, but is it possible France Morgan-Hughes disappeared voluntarily then began a new life elsewhere? She was last seen in Florida 9 years prior to the deceased's death. Physical stats aren't spot on, but the visual similarities of France's photos to JD's composite have me wondering whether this is a match. It would be nice to know a little more about France's personality, interests, and whether she had any medical issues prior to her disappearance. MOO

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
FL - FL - France Morgan Hughes, 45, Aventura, 27 June 1987
France Morgan-Hughes – The Charley Project
SBM
Details of Disappearance
Morgan-Hughes was last seen in the 3300 block of north Country Club Drive in Aventura, Florida on July 6, 1987. She has never been heard from again. Her vehicle, a light metallic blue or gray 1983 Dodge Aries with the Florida license plate number 455 DFC, has been located; a photo of it a similar car posted with this case summary.

Morgan-Hughes was known to frequent the Miami Beach and Hallandale Beach areas of Florida, as well as Aventura. Few details are available in her case.

France-Morgan-Hughes.jpg

France-Morgan-Hughes

This is a 'longshot' suggestion, but is it possible France Morgan-Hughes disappeared voluntarily then began a new life elsewhere? She was last seen in Florida 9 years prior to the deceased's death. Physical stats aren't spot on, but the visual similarities of France's photos to JD's composite have me wondering whether this is a match. It would be nice to know a little more about France's personality, interests, and whether she had any medical issues prior to her disappearance. MOO

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
FL - FL - France Morgan Hughes, 45, Aventura, 27 June 1987
France Morgan-Hughes – The Charley Project
SBM
Details of Disappearance
Morgan-Hughes was last seen in the 3300 block of north Country Club Drive in Aventura, Florida on July 6, 1987. She has never been heard from again. Her vehicle, a light metallic blue or gray 1983 Dodge Aries with the Florida license plate number 455 DFC, has been located; a photo of it a similar car posted with this case summary.

Morgan-Hughes was known to frequent the Miami Beach and Hallandale Beach areas of Florida, as well as Aventura. Few details are available in her case.

France-Morgan-Hughes.jpg

France-Morgan-Hughes
It could be a match but very unlikely, but you could still send France to at least be ruled out.

While the prescription isn't written down on the frames, they can look at the lens itself and tell the RX strength it is. Charities that ask/advertise for glasses donations have stated they have someone examine and get the strength so they can match them to people who need them in developing countries. I'm not sure how much useful info could be found from there, though, unless we can narrow down the area where she got the glasses.
True I donate my old glasses to the Lions Club who gives them to the needy.

Her suicide note gets me. She was in a terribly dark place yet still used her manners, please and thank you, with regards to her arrangements. I feel that she was a caring woman with a good sense of humour, that's just the vibe I get. Bless her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes
Back