Resolved OR - Gresham, WhtFem 45-65, UP89484, Discovered on Springwater Corridor Trail, Feb'22 - namus removed

Hochman

Reaction score
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Reconstruction by Kali Bellman
Gresham 2022 Doe.jpg

"On February 24, 2022 the fully-clothed body of a deceased white female was discovered off of the Springwater Corridor Trail near Gresham, Oregon. An abundance of personal belongings were found near the decedent; please see clothing section for descriptions."

Estimated PMI - 24 Hours
Height - 5' 2"(62 inches) (Measured)
Weight - 120-135 lbs (Estimated)
Recognizable face

Hair Color - Brown
Left & Right eye - Brown

Nothing in the Clothing section on the NAMUS page o_O

I found a description of the clothing and belongings in this article:

Medical examiner seeks help identifying woman found dead near Springwater Corridor in Gresham

She was found wearing several layers of clothing including black gloves, a black knit cap, blue jeans, a white shirt, and two sweaters - one black with Pacific NW on it and one with a flower pattern, according to the medical examiner’s office. She also wore a black jacket with the handwritten words “Patricia G” on it.

The unidentified woman was found with a TriMet day pass, black and gray lunch bag, black lanyard and a blue rain poncho.

Patricia Gomez was 23 when she was last seen in Belvedere, CA headed to San Anselmo in 1979. Her Charley Project profile mentions LE believe she jumped from the Golden Gate Bridge but I didn't find that info in any other profile I've come across, including Patricia's CA DOJ AG profile. Her name and initial would match with the handwriting on JD's jacket ("Patricia G"). Patricia's current age would be at the upper limit of the age estimate. Although the height and weight are off a bit (see below), I see a resemblance when comparing the photos of a younger Patricia with JD's composite. I wonder whether JD's nose could be described as "Romanesque"? MOO

Age 45-65 Years (PG Current Age 65 Years)
Height 5' 2", Measured (PG 5' 6")
Weight 120-135 lbs, Estimated (PG 100 - 110 lbs)
Hair Brown (PG Brown)
Eyes Brown (PG Brown)

CA - CA - Patricia Gomez, 23, Belvedere, 26 Dec 1979

1974-1-jpg.141721
1973-jpg.141723
Patricia-Gomez-73791_2.jpg
Original

Linda Diane Peterson / NamUs #MP56827
Baker City, OR (roughly 4.5 hours from Gresham)
DLC: March 17, 2019
Current Age: 54
Height: 5'1" (slightly under UID's height)
Weight: 95-105lbs (lighter than UID)
Circumstances: Linda was last seen inside Baker City limits on foot wearing a grey hooded sweatshirt, blue jeans and black tennis shoes with a white Nike style swish on the side of them. Nobody has seen Linda since this date.
Screen Shot 2022-04-24 at 12.52.06 PM.png Original.jpeg

Carol Audiorenzi / NamUs #MP26829 (No photo)https://www.namus.gov/MissingPersons/Case#/26829?nav
Gardena, CA (15 hours from Gresham)
Current Age: 63
DLC: January 28, 2014
Weight: 120lbs
Circumstances: None

Hilary Blair Akins / NamUs #MP68938
Fernwood, ID (6.5 hours from Gresham)
Current Age: 51
DLC: September 29, 2012
Weight: 150lbs (~20lbs heavier than UID, but HA's weight would've changed since 2012)
Circumstances: Last seen on 09/29/2012 at her daughter's residence in Fernwood, Idaho. She had just moved moved from Issaquah, WA.
Screen Shot 2022-04-24 at 1.06.15 PM.png Original.jpeg

Lark Loraine Montague / NamUs #MP1392
Magna, UT (10 hours from Gresham)
Current Age: 70
DLC: September 21, 2007
Height: 5'0"-5'1" (slightly under UID's height)
Weight: 120-130lbs (in range for UID's weight)
Circumstances: Lark was last seen on September 21, 2007 driving a silver 2002 Chevy Blazer with Utah license plates.
Screen Shot 2022-04-24 at 1.13.27 PM.png Original.jpeg

Stacey Lyn Pool / NamUs #MP43377
Paradise, CA (~8.5 hours from Gresham)
Current Age: 64
DLC: November 19, 2005
Height: 5'3" (slightly over UID's height)
Weight: 130lbs (in range for UID's weight)
Circumstances: Stacey Pool was last seen on November 19, 2005 in Paradise, California.
Screen Shot 2022-04-24 at 1.20.49 PM.png Original.jpeg

Nanci Terese Nelson / NamUs #MP25948
Castle Rock, CO
Current Age: 53
DLC: August 26, 1998
Height: 5'2" (same as UID's height)
Weight: 110lbs (slightly under UID's weight)
Circumstances: In 1999, 31 year old Nanci Nelson's parents reported her missing because they had not heard from her and were concerned for her safety. She was last known to live in Oregon.
Screen Shot 2022-04-24 at 1.28.30 PM.png Original.jpeg

Is it safe to say Jane Doe had no tattoos? Clothing description wasn't added to the Namus file too. Did this woman gave birth in her life? It would be a very good means to rule a whole lot of women out. Did she had piercings....pierced ears?

To me this is a good possible. When you google Springwater Corridor Trail it is known for having a homeless population.

Patricia Gomez was 23 when she was last seen in Belvedere, CA headed to San Anselmo in 1979. Her Charley Project profile mentions LE believe she jumped from the Golden Gate Bridge but I didn't find that info in any other profile I've come across, including Patricia's CA DOJ AG profile. Her name and initial would match with the handwriting on JD's jacket ("Patricia G"). Patricia's current age would be at the upper limit of the age estimate. Although the height and weight are off a bit (see below), I see a resemblance when comparing the photos of a younger Patricia with JD's composite. I wonder whether JD's nose could be described as "Romanesque"? MOO

Age 45-65 Years (PG Current Age 65 Years)
Height 5' 2", Measured (PG 5' 6")
Weight 120-135 lbs, Estimated (PG 100 - 110 lbs)
Hair Brown (PG Brown)
Eyes Brown (PG Brown)

CA - CA - Patricia Gomez, 23, Belvedere, 26 Dec 1979

1974-1-jpg.141721
1973-jpg.141723
Patricia-Gomez-73791_2.jpg
Original

Is it safe to say Jane Doe had no tattoos? Clothing description wasn't added to the Namus file too. Did this woman gave birth in her life? It would be a very good means to rule a whole lot of women out. Did she had piercings....pierced ears?
I'll try my best to get answers from the ME when they return my call. ;)

Tatttos?
Births?
Piercings?
Dentals?
Surgery?

Ricki @ ME's office couldn't release any info other than what's previously been released. She asked specifically whether Patricia's ears are pierced (they are) and if she has tattoos (tattoos aren't mentioned on her profile). The answer will hopefully come quick because Patricia's fingerprints and dentals are on file according to her profile on DoeNetwork back in 2018 (See post #2 in Patricia's WS thread). Her current DN profile states dentals are available but fingerprints & DNA are unknown. :confused: Also, apparently I was incorrect above; Patricia's eyes are hazel/hazel-blue, not brown. I have no clue what I was looking at Saturday when I posted above. :oops:

Ricki said she'd contact me back if it's not a match. Now we wait. :)

Can't let this lady go. The Springwater corridor trail had homeless camps for ages...some people lived there for years and years. It was "cleaned out" a couple of times and people camping out there had to move (to?), so it seems. I wonder if this woman just arrived there (day pass TriMet....does it have a date?) Were people asked if they know (seen) her (before)? (I understand that most people living of the grid are reluctant to share information, but most keep an eye out for others) Where there any outreach workers down there who could have known her (lunch bag?) Did she have money on her? Was there a tent, some kind of shelter to keep her warm (it was cold in February) or was she found with only the clothes on her back....As a woman she must have been hardened in a way but extra vulnerable for violence. Maybe she was disabled...had brain surgery or something the like, big head wound....?? Who knows... she could even have underwent some electro-convulsive therapy (ECT) The Patricia G. writing on her jacket could be a red herring, but could also mean she was in some kind of institution... and went missing from there....just thinking and rambling.....

Ricki @ ME's office couldn't release any info other than what's previously been released. She asked specifically whether Patricia's ears are pierced (they are) and if she has tattoos (tattoos aren't mentioned on her profile). The answer will hopefully come quick because Patricia's fingerprints and dentals are on file according to her profile on DoeNetwork back in 2018 (See post #2 in Patricia's WS thread). Her current DN profile states dentals are available but fingerprints & DNA are unknown. :confused: Also, apparently I was incorrect above; Patricia's eyes are hazel/hazel-blue, not brown. I have no clue what I was looking at Saturday when I posted above. :oops:

Ricki said she'd contact me back if it's not a match. Now we wait. :)

@YaYa_521 Did Ricky ever get back to you?

There are 2 exclusions listed:

Case Photo

Missing Person / NamUs #MP32348Patricia Gomez
Date of Last ContactDecember 26, 1979
StateCA
CountyMarin

Case Photo

Missing Person / NamUs #MP1657Patricia Arnold
Date of Last ContactJuly 26, 1996
StateWI
CountyDane

Members online