Found Deceased WI - Iliana Lily Peters, 10, left aunt's, didn't arr hm, bike fnd, Chippewa Falls, 24 Apr 22, *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Path

This is how the path looks from across the creek (downtown area) currently. This is from the parking lot next to 708 N Prairie St (it's an abandoned house). Google Street View is from the summer and there's much more foliage. This is the side of the path that is closer to the aunt’s house. You can see a house with a white fence in the picture (not sure if it's the aunts or someone else’s). You can just barely see the actual path in the picture (it's a green patch of grass right above the rusty fence). Sorry its not the greatest quality but I don't want to intrude and it's dark now. It looks like a lot of woods but there is an open fairground and an elementary school at the top of that hill. To the left of this picture, the path goes straight to the main road where the brewery is. You can see that end of the path on Google Street view as well as the walking bridge that connects the lodge and the brewery if you follow 124 from the lodge to the brewery. (It's on the right at the end of the vehicle bridge)

CCTV at the brewery? This is horrible.

Are you thinking perhaps a vehicle hit her, and then dumped her body to hide the evidence?
I was. There was a tweet posted above. I'm horrible with mapping and directions but it looked like where her bike was found and where she was found seemed to be a distance. AGAIN, I suck at mapping so I'm not sure if its feet vs miles. I pray they are on this and have some clue as to who would harm this child.

First of all, thanks for joining our community here at WS! As others have mentioned, your input as a local resident is especially valuable.

Second, I was wondering how secluded the wooded area adjacent to the walking trail is. Are there lots of trees/low-lying brush that could conceal a body (or, as gruesome as it is, conceal someone murdering someone else)?

It really doesn't seem like it would be that hard to find a body because the area is so small but I could see how it would be harder at night. There is definitely a lot of brush and rocks and stuff along the creek. The trees are pretty bare right now though.

Path

This is how the path looks from across the creek (downtown area) currently. This is from the parking lot next to 708 N Prairie St (it's an abandoned house). Google Street View is from the summer and there's much more foliage. This is the side of the path that is closer to the aunt’s house. You can see a house with a white fence in the picture (not sure if it's the aunts or someone else’s). You can just barely see the actual path in the picture (it's a green patch of grass right above the rusty fence). Sorry its not the greatest quality but I don't want to intrude and it's dark now. It looks like a lot of woods but there is an open fairground and an elementary school at the top of that hill. To the left of this picture, the path goes straight to the main road where the brewery is. You can see that end of the path on Google Street view as well as the walking bridge that connects the lodge and the brewery if you follow 124 from the lodge to the brewery. (It's on the right at the end of the vehicle bridge)
Path

That looks so lonely, and while there are other things around..it's desolate at the same time. Ugh.

Damn not again. I came her tonight hoping for better news. Lily is beautiful! Why just why! Sweet little angel, I am so so sorry this happened to you. Thoughts and prayers for Lily, her family and community. I hate hitting the like button on these posts. Thank you all for the updates and info!

That looks so lonely, and while there are other things around..it's desolate at the same time. Ugh.
Yeah it's really just that small section that is secluded though. Opens up almost immediately into the brewery parking lot on the left side. I don't know exactly where it comes out on the right side but there is a neighborhood and a bunch of houses over there.

Yeah it's really just that small section that is secluded though. Opens up almost immediately into the brewery parking lot on the left side. I don't know exactly where it comes out on the right side but there is a neighborhood and a bunch of houses over there.

Do you know what shifts staff work at the brewery?

I was. There was a tweet posted above. I'm horrible with mapping and directions but it looked like where her bike was found and where she was found seemed to be a distance. AGAIN, I suck at mapping so I'm not sure if its feet vs miles. I pray they are on this and have some clue as to who would harm this child.

I was wondering about this possibility, too—but the warning issued by law enforcement during the press conference (about not letting children walk unaccompanied to school) makes me think it’s probably not the case. Also, I don’t know if they would have been so quick to announce that it was homicide if she was found with injuries that might’ve come from a collision with a car (which might’ve happened by accident).

Reporter answering a person's question on Twitter:

Question: Do you know the location where her bike was found in relation to the aunts home, her home, and the brewery?

Answer:
According to police, officers found her bike in the woods near a walking trail between the end of N Grove Street and the Leinenkugel’s brewery parking lot.

Her aunt lives on N Grove Street, so a short distance from her aunt’s home.

https://twitter.com/mcguirereports/status/1518776999032111105?s=21&t=SqeIrm4XK4577iuLh0yy6A

I think it is important that the time of departure from aunt's house should be released. So that people looking at their camera footage know more or less from what time to check.

Based on the input here, it does seem that only a person familiar with this area could have interacted with Lily around here. I am curious about where the bike was found (under branches, behind a tree, etc.) and if it looks like the bike was "parked" or "put on it's side/thrown down"? That might give insight if she was attacked while on the bike or if she was lured away. That bike could be a gold mine of evidence if the perp moved it (fingerprints, touch DNA, etc.). Fingers crossed!

I am leaning towards a local perp or someone very familiar with the town. That realization is terribly frightening when I think of how small it appears to be on the maps.

Chippewaffles - Welcome to WS. I am so very sorry for your community as this crime is simply horrifying. I realize this must be absolutely devastating for you to actually look out the window and see the crime scene locations.

I know it is very early, but I really hope this crime can be resolved ASAP. This community and Lily's family are in my thoughts and prayers!

This is awful, and my heart breaks for her family. I have 10 and 7 year olds, and this is unimaginable.

Was it specified whether dogs were used in the search? I'd assume a dog would have found her earlier if they searched the immediate area where her bike was.

I think it is important that the time of departure from aunt's house should be released. So that people looking at their camera footage know more or less from what time to check.

Yes and no. Someone might have be lurking on the trail for a few hours prior to her leaving her aunt's home.

Sunset was around 8:00 PM. If she went home around 7, I think she took the trail because it's away from cars. She was 10 years old. It sounds like her body and bike were found along the trail (white line), and that her bike was left closer to the trail. Her body was not too far away. Blue line is route from Aunt's house to the end of the trail. The streets are quieter at the end of the trail, and it's a 4 minute bike ride using the trail.

upload_2022-4-25_21-0-47.png

Tours

OK, so the brewery is not what I think of when I think of a brewery. This is a huge facility so I would assume it would employ quite a few people? @chippewaffles can you shine some light on whether patrons can drink at this brewery? It seems there is another location that has an outside patio? MOO IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member