GUILTY NY - Orsolya Gaal, 51, body found in duffel bag, Queens, Apr 2022 *Arrest* #3

Perhaps he was handyman when family lived in previous house and then recently (past 2 years) was hired by victim for handyman job in Juno house? The victim seemed to already have a handyman, so seems to me like DB was not the current handyman.
they had an electrician. it has been said that DB was more of an HVAC guy.

I wonder if OG suggested She and DB meet at the Tavern to discuss their relationship one last time so things did not get our of hand. He didn't show up, bur instead slipped into her house and ambushed her. By knowing where she was...most likely having stalked her...he knew a close time frame when she would get home. I have heard sources say she let him in and those that said he used the key. On the presser, they said they weren't sure which it was. Chances are that they do know from video surveillance and we may know later

I wonder if OG suggested She and DB meet at the Tavern to discuss their relationship one last time so things did not get our of hand. He didn't show up, bur instead slipped into her house and ambushed her. By knowing where she was...most likely having stalked her...he knew a close time frame when she would get home. I have heard sources say she let him in and those that said he used the key. On the presser, they said they weren't sure which it was. Chances are that they do know from video surveillance and we may know later

During the first court appearance, prosecutors did say that it was OG who let him in.

At the press conference they also explicitly said that he was not there when she arrived home at 12:20am. He got there betweeen 12:30 and 12:40.

I, too, wondered why they took the flowers from the house, along with his belongings. Did someone send him flowers, and the legal team wants to keep them and photograph them? Wondering what the removal of the flowers was all about.
From the video it looks like the “floral arrangement” may be the thing that looked like long wood/wicker handles with a few white (fake?) flowers tied on top. Couldn’t get a good view of what the handle-like things were attached to but appeared to maybe be a narrow tote bag or purse or the world’s longest handled Easter Basket. Just caught a glimpse but the flowers on the “handle” were the only flowers I could see.

No matter what it was, it’s weird.

It appears the above is strongly possible, maybe whe wanted to hash it out at the tavern however DB was a no show let himself into the first floor, OG took him to the basement where it got out of hand! While this has nothing to do with anything OG's drink of choice was a Moscow Mule, I saw it at a local grocery store in a can!

I know it was said in court that she OG let her killer into the house. That just doesn't add up for me. It makes more sense that she had agreed to meet her ex lover at a public place over her home with her 13 year old a few floors above. But LE and prosecutors know much more than I so . . .

Assuming they either a) are taking the perp at his word since the victim isn't around to refute it, or b) they have found some sort of independent evidence (security images or video) which substantiates that.

I know it was said in court that she OG let her killer into the house. That just doesn't add up for me. It makes more sense that she had agreed to meet her ex lover at a public place over her home with her 13 year old a few floors above. But LE and prosecutors know much more than I so . . .

Assuming they either a) are taking the perp at his word since the victim isn't around to refute it, or b) they have found some sort of independent evidence (security images or video) which substantiates that.
I missed that this was said in court since it was widely reported that there was no forced entry and it was possible the accused used the hidden door key inside the bbq grill or he was let inside.

Is there a link for the court version? TIA.

I missed that this was said in court since it was widely reported that there was no forced entry and it was possible the accused used the hidden door key inside the bbq grill or he was let inside.

But why would she keep the key hidden for him, if she wanted the break up?
I think she opened the door.

At the press conference they also explicitly said that he was not there when she arrived home at 12:20am. He got there betweeen 12:30 and 12:40.
Without report to the contrary, IMO, the key was still in the grill. I'd be very surprised if he let himself in then ducked back out to put the key back. That's even less plausible with the timeline of DB arriving at her house after OG did.

But why would she keep the key hidden for him, if she wanted the break up?
I think she opened the door.
JMO but I don't think she kept the key hidden for him. Apparently he knew where the hiding spot was from past times he may have used it to come in and fix stuff. Perhaps they just never thought there'd never be an issue that warranted finding a new hiding spot for it.

ETA - I think NOW (actually, the day the news came out) would be a good time to find a new spot for it since it's been plastered all over the news where the hidden key to the house is. I don't think they need to worry for their lives as she did, rather, just not having the house cased and return home from going out someplace to find they had been robbed. Talk about adding insult to injury.

JMO but I don't think she kept the key hidden for him. Apparently he knew where the hiding spot was from past times he may have used it to come in and fix stuff. Perhaps they just never thought there'd never be an issue that warranted finding a new hiding spot for it.
Only the family should know the place to hide the spare key.
MOO

I am looking for the court version but this was something reported in the court update link that you had shared on Tuesday:

"Prosecutors say that Gaal let her ex-handyman lover into her Forest Hills home around 12:30 a.m. Saturday, April 16, after a night out with her friends."

ETA - I would think the Prosecutors have some independently verifiable information to confirm this. I can't imagine they would only state this by taking DB's word - especially since evidence of a forced entry would likely help their case.

Last edited:

I don't think that there is footage of the prosecutors saying it but it has been covered in several articles by reporters who were in attendance. This article does have a brief clip of DB declining to testify to the GJ but doesn't contain footage of the prosecutor giving any details of the crime.

David Bonola in court for hearing in Orsolya Gaal murder case
Prosecutors say that Gaal let her ex-handyman lover into her Forest Hills home around 12:30 a.m. Saturday, April 16, after a night out with her friends.

Queens District Attorney Melinda Katz says that the pair got into an argument and Bonola, 44, slashed her throat and stabbed her more than 50 times. The attack came after she asked him to leave multiple times.

Only the family should know the place to hide the spare key.
MOO
I agree that only the family should be the only ones that know where a spare key is hidden... but I don't think it's all that uncommon to let non-family members know that info. Especially if you feel you can trust them, even though you shouldn't. I'm not a very trusting soul.

Without report to the contrary, IMO, the key was still in the grill. I'd be very surprised if he let himself in then ducked back out to put the key back. That's even less plausible with the timeline of DB arriving at her house after OG did.
He could have taken the key, had a copy made and replaced the key with no one the wiser.
JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back