Deceased/Not Found NC - Monica Moynan, 23, mom of 2, Holly Springs, 7 Apr 2019 *GUILTY*

Nanny camera footage from July 19 shown to those inside the courtroom recorded Brian Sluss instructing his son to meet people outside their home to complete Facebook Marketplace transactions. At one point, he is heard on camera saying, "As soon as I tell you to come inside come back....they can see you, but they can't see me."

Other footage from the same day showed Sluss constantly pacing the home and checking the windows and locking the doors. He also placed an adjustable security bar under the doorknob to prevent it from opening.

And footage from the early morning hours of July 23 showed Sluss repeatedly punching a young girl, who appears to be one of his daughters, telling her to "wake up early."

Several people in the courtroom gasped when they saw that footage, which was recorded on the day the apartment manager was supposed to meet with Moynan after not having seen her in quite some time.

Murder suspect Brian Sluss expected to testify in his own defense during trial

Why didn't the nanny cam catch him killing Monica, did it record over older footage? Was it one of those secret cams and he didn't even know it existed?

However, Holly Springs Police Lt. Jessica McMillan did take the stand Tuesday.

She testified to Moynan's shopping habits at a Holly Springs Lowe's Foods store as proof her EBT card/money was used after her death.

During her testimony, she said that from Jan. 22 through April 5, Moynan's EBT card and Lowe's loyalty card were always used together. However, there was a discrepancy on Jan 17 and then it changed altogether beginning April 7 to Monica's EBT card being used in conjunction with a Lowe's loyalty card belonging to Jarlyn Sluss, Brian's ex-wife.

Is Jarlyn still facing charges?

Nanny camera footage from July 19 shown to those inside the courtroom recorded Brian Sluss instructing his son to meet people outside their home to complete Facebook Marketplace transactions. At one point, he is heard on camera saying, "As soon as I tell you to come inside come back....they can see you, but they can't see me."

Other footage from the same day showed Sluss constantly pacing the home and checking the windows and locking the doors. He also placed an adjustable security bar under the doorknob to prevent it from opening.

And footage from the early morning hours of July 23 showed Sluss repeatedly punching a young girl, who appears to be one of his daughters, telling her to "wake up early."

Several people in the courtroom gasped when they saw that footage, which was recorded on the day the apartment manager was supposed to meet with Moynan after not having seen her in quite some time.

Why didn't the nanny cam catch him killing Monica, did it record over older footage? Was it one of those secret cams and he didn't even know it existed?
The recordings from the nanny cam were stored on a small sd card that would fill up every 5 days before recording over itself again. The footage shown today was from (I believe) the dates 7/18/19-7/23/19 so unfortunately there was no way to see footage from 4/06/19-4/07/19

Last edited:
However, Holly Springs Police Lt. Jessica McMillan did take the stand Tuesday.

She testified to Moynan's shopping habits at a Holly Springs Lowe's Foods store as proof her EBT card/money was used after her death.

During her testimony, she said that from Jan. 22 through April 5, Moynan's EBT card and Lowe's loyalty card were always used together. However, there was a discrepancy on Jan 17 and then it changed altogether beginning April 7 to Monica's EBT card being used in conjunction with a Lowe's loyalty card belonging to Jarlyn Sluss, Brian's ex-wife.

Is Jarlyn still facing charges?
Jarlyn made a deal with the prosecution in order to testify against him. She did in fact testify against him and it was very damaging. His youngest son (whose name I won't use since he's a juvenile) also testified against his father. I'm sure parts of their testimonies will be referred to in closing!

Last edited:
The recordings from the nanny cam were stored on a small sd card that would fill up every 5 days before recording over itself again. The footage shown today was from (I believe) the dates 7/18/19-7/23/19 so unfortunately there was no way to see footage from 4/06/19-4/07/19
Thank you for the details, there is plenty of other evidence. But it's a shame the storage didn't have more capacity.

Jarlyn made a deal with the prosecution in order to testify against him. She did in fact testify against him and it was very damaging. His youngest son (whose name I won't use since he's a juvenile) also testified against his father. I'm sure parts of their testimonies will be referred to in closing!
Made a deal with the devil? There's no way Jarlyn didn't know what happened to Monica, she kept her mouth shut. Were his parents in the courtroom? I wonder if they still think he's innocent? Hopefully they still aren't allowed to see the kids.

Made a deal with the devil? There's no way Jarlyn didn't know what happened to Monica, she kept her mouth shut. Were his parents in the courtroom? I wonder if they still think he's innocent? Hopefully they still aren't allowed to see the kids.
A jailhouse informant claimed she knew, regardless she will be a lifelong felon for her loyalty to that evil troll. His pathetic parents are in there and they will NEVER EVER see the kids!

I'll finish listening tomorrow thank you. The first 45 minutes was a tutorial on Office Max termination procedures, Petco store opening policies, I lost track of how many jobs he had, how he lies, steals. Typical look here not there distractions, where the perp admits to lessor crimes and bad behavior in an attempt to convince a jury. This guy was still bouncing back to his parents home well into his forties?!!! I'll wager one of them was a whirly bird who thought he could do no wrong.

Guilty!

Holly Springs man testifies at murder trial; prosecutors claim he killed his ex-girlfriend but don't have a body to prove it :: WRAL.com

A jury decided that Brian Sluss was guilty of murdering his 23-year-old ex-girlfriend — even though her body was never found.

Prosecutors said the documented history of domestic violence in the relationship between Sluss and Monica Moynan, along with blood found in their shared home, can lead to only one conclusion.

The state is using a law called Britney's Law, which allows the jury to find the elements of first-degree murder if there are former convictions for domestic violence involving the same victim.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoRo
Back