Found Deceased WI - Iliana Lily Peters, 10, left aunt's, didn't arr hm, bike fnd, Chippewa Falls, 24 Apr 22, *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lily Peters, 10, suffered strangulation and blunt force trauma in Wisconsin homicide, coroner says

CNN)Lily Peters, a 10-year-old girl who prosecutors say was killed by an eighth grader in Wisconsin, suffered strangulation and blunt force trauma, according to the Chippewa County coroner.

The autopsy findings are preliminary, with the cause of death determined to be homicide, county coroner Ron Patten told CNN on Thursday. No other details were released.

The 14-year-old suspect is facing three charges: first-degree intentional homicide, first-degree sexual assault and first-degree sexual assault of a child under age 13, resulting in great bodily harm, District Attorney Wade Newell said.

Punching, knocking her to the ground, hitting her with a stick and strangling her - an extremely vicious attack. JMO, it sounds like that boy had a lot of rage bottled up inside. Poor girl, she didn't deserve such brutality. RIP Lily.

Punching, knocking her to the ground, hitting her with a stick and strangling her - an extremely vicious attack. JMO, it sounds like that boy had a lot of rage bottled up inside. Poor girl, she didn't deserve such brutality. RIP Lily.

Really disturbing case all around. The pent up anger makes think possibly injustice collector.

Really disturbing case all around. The pent up anger makes think possibly injustice collector.

All unusual personality traits in a 14 yo boy. JMO He must have been a very unhappy child. So far, I've not read any reports of him bullying other kids or acting out against others. Not to say that didn't happen, but haven't heard those kinds of reports in the news media.

He must have kept that anger bottled up most of the time. JMO

According to prosecutors, the boy confessed to investigators that he intended to rape and kill Peters “from the get-go” on Sunday evening, when he followed her on a trail as she left her aunt’s home.

Boy, 14, Charged With Murdering, Raping Lily Peters; Bond Set At $1 Million

Instead of rage here I see cold-blooded determination to carry through with the rape and murder. The youth admits to punching, knocking down, hitting and strangling in his attempt to accomplish his objective. It might be more palatable, more relatable even, to see rage where none exists. MOO

Well .... I’ve learned about all I can stomach about this tragedy. May this precious child rest safe in the arms of angels and may those responsible be held accountable while those who grieve be comforted as they recover. Moo

Although these stats do not include murder, it's very interesting to read that juveniles account for more than 1/3 (35.6%) of those known to police to have committed sex offenses against minors. Given the stats, I suspect the accused may have also violated boys as well -- probably due to access.

Throw anger (rage murder) into the mix and I'm not sure this anger by the accused was necessarily at Lily but the perp wanting to hurt those that loved Lily -- probably his own mother whom he likely blamed for keeping him from his bio-father. MOO

◆ Juveniles who commit sex offenses against other children are more likely than adult sex offenders to offend in groups and at schools and to have more male victims and younger victims.

◆ The number of youth coming to the attention of police for sex offenses increases sharply at age 12 and plateaus after age 14. Early adolescence is the peak age for offenses against younger children. Offenses against teenagers surge during mid to late adolescence, while offenses against victims under age 12 decline.

https://www.ojp.gov/pdffiles1/ojjdp/227763.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:
According to prosecutors, the boy confessed to investigators that he intended to rape and kill Peters “from the get-go” on Sunday evening, when he followed her on a trail as she left her aunt’s home.

Boy, 14, Charged With Murdering, Raping Lily Peters; Bond Set At $1 Million

Instead of rage here I see cold-blooded determination to carry through with the rape and murder. The youth admits to punching, knocking down, hitting and strangling in his attempt to accomplish his objective. It might be more palatable, more relatable even, to see rage where none exists. MOO

A budding psychopath. Think Eric Harris, Andrew Golden, Sean Mulveyhill, or Nikolas Cruz.

Last edited:
(WLUK) -- The killing of 10-year-old Lily Peters in Chippewa Falls has started a push for looser restrictions on alerts for missing children.

An Amber Alert was not sent out when Lily went missing.

More at 'Lily Alert' pushes for change in how public is alerted of missing children

Amber Alerts are so restrictive; they can only be issued if a child was KNOWN to have been kidnapped, and they at least have some idea who did it and how they got away. They should be more like Silver Alerts, which are done in my area for missing senior citizens and other at-risk adults, regardless of the circumstances.

Amber Alerts are so restrictive; they can only be issued if a child was KNOWN to have been kidnapped, and they at least have some idea who did it and how they got away. They should be more like Silver Alerts, which are done in my area for missing senior citizens and other at-risk adults, regardless of the circumstances.

I agree, I think the Amber Alert system is ridiculous for the most part. ANY CHILD under a certain age should automatically have an alert across the board, meaning all states should have the same age criteria. It would seem to me that every state should be able to say that any child 10 and under should get an alert. Or 8 and under, etc. you get the gist. Different states have different criteria. That is NOT helpful at all. If an 8 year old walks out of their house to go down the block to a friends and never makes it to that friends, and reasonable attempts to find that kid are unsuccessful, a NATIONWIDE Amber Alert in every single state should be activated whether or not somebody saw them get dragged into a car or not....WHY is that so difficult?

Every time a child is tragically killed it seems the topic of amber alerts arise. Specifically about Lily, how would’ve it saved her life? She wasn’t kidnapped, she was unmercifully attacked on her way home from visiting her aunt and it would appear she was killed long before anyone even noticed she was missing.

I agree, I think the Amber Alert system is ridiculous for the most part. ANY CHILD under a certain age should automatically have an alert across the board, meaning all states should have the same age criteria. It would seem to me that every state should be able to say that any child 10 and under should get an alert. Or 8 and under, etc. you get the gist. Different states have different criteria. That is NOT helpful at all. If an 8 year old walks out of their house to go down the block to a friends and never makes it to that friends, and reasonable attempts to find that kid are unsuccessful, a NATIONWIDE Amber Alert in every single state should be activated whether or not somebody saw them get dragged into a car or not....WHY is that so difficult?
People would decline or stop reading Amber Alerts altogether if they were getting them from all over the country. Enough people are already annoyed by them in their own state. That may work when you live in the NE and someone could be states away, but it wouldn't work for Florida getting Alaska alerts, or even neighboring states getting Miami alerts when it takes 10 or so hours to get from Miami to another state.

Every time a child is tragically killed it seems the topic of amber alerts arise. Specifically about Lily, how would’ve it saved her life? She wasn’t kidnapped, she was unmercifully attacked on her way home from visiting her aunt and it would appear she was killed long before anyone even noticed she was missing.

While I agree, I also recognize that these petitions and complaints demanding change typically seem to surface as a reaction to a horrific event in the community where people feel helpless and need a place or mission to focus their energy to deal with their pain and frustration. I see this situation seeking a Lily alert for missing kids no different. A local dad's interview begins at about 1 min mark:

Last November 2021, two 16 yr old Iowa teens were arrested and charged with stalking and murdering their high school Spanish teacher after school while she was enjoying an afternoon walk.

Similar to Wisconsin, the Iowa teens were charged in adult court due to the nature of the crimes, with the opportunity to petition the court to waive the case to juvenile court.

After being charged with murder in adult court, both teens immediately filed motions to be waived to juvenile court, and the Court hearing for one of the teens pursuant to this request was held today. (2nd teen has his hearing next week).

For anybody that's interested in the process and the witnesses being called by the defense in an effort to "sell" the court on the idea of a waiver, I'm linking to the thread (i.e., court hearing) below.

IA - Nohema Graber, 66, HS teacher, beaten to death by students, Fairfield, Nov 2021 *arrests*

One of things that interests me about true crime is why do people commit the crimes they do?

People can have terrible upbringings, be bullied, watch *advertiser censored*, violent video games, whatever but don't commit crimes.

I wish it could be figured out so we could perhaps prevent these horrendous crimes.

One of things that interests me about true crime is why do people commit the crimes they do?

People can have terrible upbringings, be bullied, watch *advertiser censored*, violent video games, whatever but don't commit crimes.

I wish it could be figured out so we could perhaps prevent these horrendous crimes.
I agree with you. I think it is when we fail to see another human being as a being with feelings etc. and see them as an object. Example, sending a cruel bullying email to another. We aren't there to see and hear the pain and see the tears when the message is received.

Society has the opportunity to study this with young perpetrators. Brain studies, imaging.the one thing I worry about this is once that is delved into, people with other brain issues that would never harm anyone could be singled out

I don't think that playing violent video games or watching sexually violent *advertiser censored* automatically makes someone act out in real life. But I do think some people are more vulnerable to doing so than others. And I do believe that our young people, as a whole, are way more vulnerable to becoming overloaded and over exposed to this kind of toxic violence.

I am pretty sure that we have way more 12, 13, 14, 15 yr old sex offenders and rapists and killers than we have ever had before. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy