Identified! VA - Annandale, WhtFem ~60, 245UFVA, 'NO CODE, DNR, No Penicillin', Dec'96 #2 - Joyce Meyer Sommers

This Christmas tree Jane doe look like almost Ann Bernadette Fulton

Interesting, I can definitely see a resemblance between them. Ann Fulton would've been missing for a full 25 years before this Doe was found, although she matches the height/weight. Also an apparent history of depression and a hidden drinking problem. Given the clothing and Mel Brooks I would've guessed this Jane Doe is from the East Coast too, though that's pretty speculative.

Either way, hopefully we will soon know from DNA.

Thanks to everybody who is still looking out for her identity....It's very heartwarming to see. For me personally..I put a lot of hours in searching for her identity....and she has a ton of rule outs now...I prefer to wait for the DNA results. My guess is we are all are going to be surprised. I always called her "the red headed lady" the name of the file I have for her and I have searched my soul many times....should we let her go...she tried so hard to cover up her identity...or "go for it"..find her......I just want her to have peace, because I feel some kind of connection (love?) with her (like Ellery Doe) and maybe her family who might still be looking out for her get some peace too. Good thoughts.....

Thanks to everybody who is still looking out for her identity....It's very heartwarming to see. For me personally..I put a lot of hours in searching for her identity....and she has a ton of rule outs now...I prefer to wait for the DNA results. My guess is we are all are going to be surprised. I always called her "the red headed lady" the name of the file I have for her and I have searched my soul many times....should we let her go...she tried so hard to cover up her identity...or "go for it"..find her......I just want her to have peace, because I feel some kind of connection (love?) with her (like Ellery Doe) and maybe her family who might still be looking out for her get some peace too. Good thoughts.....

I agree. She wanted to be alone; who am I to deny her that?

But at the same time I hope she knows that even if she didn't feel she had love in her life at the end, there are people who love her now.

She chose to die the way she wanted to. She had that.
I hope in death, she'll allow us to find out a little bit more about her, only out of the pure love and compassion we have for her.

I agree. She wanted to be alone; who am I to deny her that?

But at the same time I hope she knows that even if she didn't feel she had love in her life at the end, there are people who love her now.

I agree completely with that. She went out on her own terms but there may be people who have missed her, looked for her or just remembered her in passing, like I do old work colleagues or neighbours who I would never have kept in touch with. We all deserve to be remembered and let's face it, I think we have all warmed to this lady and her sense of humour and politeness - whether we end up knowing about this lady's path in life or identity, I don't think it matters as I think she will be remembered by a lot of people now.

Just a question on the privacy question of not identifying someone publicly - I understand and respect the need for that but does law enforcement etc actually cross reference if there is a missing report for the person and then close it down?

Just a question on the privacy question of not identifying someone publicly - I understand and respect the need for that but does law enforcement etc actually cross reference if there is a missing report for the person and then close it down?
Yes, they do. They will try to locate next of kin.

amateur opinion and speculation

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soababiotiling
Back