VA - Johnny Depp's defamation case against ex Amber Heard, who countersued #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aside: I should add that I’d have loved to have taken and listened to any of the long form audio clips AH provided, except if she did, the court redacted them; and they’ve in fact redacted JD’s long form audio clips from the trial homepage too over recent days, so only direct links posted here and elsewhere of them will work to pull up the unedited version (happy to be corrected with a pointer if not). As I recently indicated, with the best will in the world I couldn’t make myself commit to all of the four-plus-hour clip; so it’s not like I’ve drunk every word he provided either.

I also agree with @ZoriahNZ that one may have to know something about DV and people with AH’s particular pathologies, before one can wholly say/agree she is the aggressor and he the one who’s avoidant.

It’s very easy to spew for 60-something pages as she does particular anecdotes in which that men are abusive, whether they are or in fact are not, if you have that kind of heinous imagination. Her former assistant even said, unprompted, that AH co-opted a hideous sexual assault she herself experienced; and pretended that JD had been the perpetrator to AH.
AH needs some serious help. Typical borderline behavior IMO.
"inappropriate, intense anger, such as frequently losing your temper, being sarcastic or bitter, or having physical fights"

Borderline personality disorder - Symptoms and causes.

AH needs some serious help. Typical borderline behavior IMO.
"inappropriate, intense anger, such as frequently losing your temper, being sarcastic or bitter, or having physical fights"

Borderline personality disorder - Symptoms and causes.

Absolutely… out of curiosity, have you formed any professional opinion on the potential source of his finger damage? It’s definitely not a straightedge… it is ragged, not unlike pictures of velocity wounds, but mostly those I could find are bullet caused… could you trap it in some type of vise and tear it trying to get free?

Do you have a link to what you've read or heard from those commentators? I've heard nothing of the sort from any reliable source. Plus I've watched the trial and done my own research and I haven't seen that. I'd like to read any links you have.
It is a general opinion...one example is a site called Legalbytes. The host has assorted lawyers offering commentary on the trial and it is rare that anyone says anything favorable to AH....they are more or less 100% thinking JD will win this case...of course at some point one says...we have to reserve judgement until AH presents here case. They don't expect much. Just their opinions too.

I rather enjoy watching the "lawtubes" coverage of this case, particularly Legal Bytes. I haven't felt as if they think JD will win this case. However, I do believe some of the lawyers have read the depos and seen videos from the UK trial and think it's likely JD was falsely accused. jmo

Amber Heard fires PR team days before she's set to testify after tons of bad press

Actress Amber Heard has been so upset with the coverage she’s getting amid her court battle with ex-husband Johnny Depp — she abruptly switched to a new public relations team ahead of her highly-anticipated testimony next week, The Post has learned.

“She doesn’t like bad headlines,” one source said.

From the article quoted:

"Ex-Pete Buttigieg campaign maven Lis Smith added: “It’s crazy to change teams in the middle of a trial like this because you don’t like the headlines.”

"She said that Heard’s ex-firm Precision Strategies, which was co-founded by former Obama adviser and deputy campaign manager Stephanie Cutter, is “one of the best crisis firms” — “but they can’t rewrite the history of what’s happened.”

Interesting...

From the article quoted:

"Ex-Pete Buttigieg campaign maven Lis Smith added: “It’s crazy to change teams in the middle of a trial like this because you don’t like the headlines.”

"She said that Heard’s ex-firm Precision Strategies, which was co-founded by former Obama adviser and deputy campaign manager Stephanie Cutter, is “one of the best crisis firms” — “but they can’t rewrite the history of what’s happened.”

Interesting...
Sounds a little desperate to me. Seems like she’s still trying to control the narrative out there.

Don’t think it will work this time. People are watching the trial and coming to their own conclusions.

Last edited:
No PR company can fix this because people now know who she actually is. I believe she'll be cancelled by the time the trial is over and that just might be all JD wanted.
….well, maybe one of the things.

I kind of feel bad for the PR firm if she doesn’t get her way. I guess they can always fire her.

moo

No PR company can fix this because people now know who she actually is. I believe she'll be cancelled by the time the trial is over and that just might be all JD wanted.

I am still waiting for a comment, and or action from the ACLU. But, then again not waiting....:rolleyes:
Their history of believing those who lie, even as a court of law deems otherwise is evident.

So much different than the UK trial where there was no cameras or jury…

Heard has never wanted cameras in the courtroom in the first place, but Depp’s team won the fight to have the entirety of the trial testimony live-streamed, meaning neither team could cherry-pick what information made its way out of the courtroom.

Amber Heard fires PR team days before she's set to testify after tons of bad press

Actress Amber Heard has been so upset with the coverage she’s getting amid her court battle with ex-husband Johnny Depp — she abruptly switched to a new public relations team ahead of her highly-anticipated testimony next week, The Post has learned.

“She doesn’t like bad headlines,” one source said.

I’m sorry, is it wrong to LOL?

unfortunately, it seems like in the future, we can look forward to a lot of biased bile and bilge… I guess she’ll save money on the research aspect, lol…

Her new PR team, led by CEO David Shane, has experience working against Depp in his failed 2017 lawsuit against his former business managers, The Management Group. It helped highlight TMG’s cross-complaint alleging the “Pirates of the Caribbean” star needed to hire a shrink for his “compulsive spending” habit of $2 million per month.

I’m sorry, is it wrong to LOL?

unfortunately, it seems like in the future, we can look forward to a lot of biased bile and bilge… I guess she’ll save money on the research aspect, lol…

Well, since AH is a walking/talking (or lying) crisis issue, I suppose she hired the right team.

David Shane is a communications strategist specializing in corporate positioning, strategic messaging, and crisis and issues management.

About Us — Shane Communications

Well, since AH is a walking/talking (or lying) crisis issue, I suppose she hired the right team.

David Shane is a communications strategist specializing in corporate positioning, strategic messaging, and crisis and issues management.

About Us — Shane Communications

Well good luck with this one, Shane!
You've got some serious work to do, in a couple days yet.
Social Media is the new beast to control,(IMO ) and it's not in your resume' as far as I can tell. Knowledge of Comcast Cable, NYT, TMZ, CNN and Court TV will only get you so far....

If we suddenly see the FB, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube etc shut down or censored when it comes to this trial, well that will be noticed as well...

The trial is live daily, the viewers see and form their own opinions. Many of us are not at all dependent on MSM for their information.

And so it begins....Karma is indeed a b___tch!:D JMOO

Amber Heard's career may already be suffering because of Johnny Depp's trial -- she reportedly has a significantly smaller role in 'Aquaman 2' ... amounting to mere minutes.

According to film journalist Grace Randolph -- who's known to get solid comic book movie scoops like this -- Amber will, apparently, be featured in less than 10 minutes of screen time in "Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom."

Amber Heard Reportedly Featured in 'Aquaman 2' for Less Than 10 Minutes — TMZ

So much different than the UK trial where there was no cameras or jury…

Heard has never wanted cameras in the courtroom in the first place, but Depp’s team won the fight to have the entirety of the trial testimony live-streamed, meaning neither team could cherry-pick what information made its way out of the courtroom.

I think this means she got a false sense of confidence from the UK trial, including having The Sun being basically in her back pocket with she as their star evidence giver and all, writing wholly anti JD screeds and having a filter on the narrative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member