Recovered/Located AL - Casey White, cap murder chg, & Vicky Sue White, CO w/sher office, Lauderdale, 29 Apr'22*Reward*

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I was in her shoes and valued not being locked up, I’d try to head for a border as soon as we departed (and before word spread).

Mexico, which would not extradite him if Alabama was seeking the death penalty, is a 24 hour drive from them. Because local investigators didn’t start piecing things together until 5:30 pm (and it probably took a couple more hours for the full pic to develop), a blue alert didn’t even go out until that evening. So it’s possible if they drove nearly straight through, they could’ve got across the border before this story gained much steam in the morning. (My friends and I did a 40 hour straight road trip with no overnight stops in college and I wouldn’t do it again unless my life was on the line - but they had the motivation).

Cuba - it’s a 13 hour road trip down to Miami, but there are a lot of regulations around travel to Cuba with legit charter companies requiring passengers to meet both US and Cuban regulations to go there it seems. Now I know there are illegitimate efforts that would be willing to boat people over to Havana (it’s only 250 nautical miles from the Florida mainland or like 90 from Key West, right?). But that doesn’t seem like the safest or surest route since those waters are patrolled and boats leaving US waters or entering Cuba’s without the appropriate permit are seized and the penalty is up to 10 years in prison. Cuba has allowed many US fugitives to stay there without extraditing them (although they technically made an extradition treaty with us in like 1904 or 1905).

Canada - Windsor is only 10 hours drive from Alabama. So they could’ve been crossing there by nightfall, potentially before this hit everyone’s radar. Canada also has discretion not to extradite someone unless the death penalty is taken off the table. There would likely be video footage at the checkpoint provided US officials could narrow down what sort of vehicle to look for. I guess they could’ve gotten across on a bus as well if they used fake identities, but someone would probably remember them if so.

Appalachians - they could make Weogufka and the lower end of the mountains in 3 hours. Butler, TN is 5 and a half hours drive. It’s 3.5 hours to Springer Mountain, Georgia.

If they were willing to chance an airport, they could go literally anywhere of course. But if they used their real IDs, the flight path would be found. And if they used alternative IDs, there’s still probably be camera footage out there to find — providing they weren’t masterfully disguised and didn’t raise any fellow passengers’ suspicion who saw the news the next day.

So even though I myself might shoot for Mexico — and then try to head elsewhere from there perhaps — I am betting they are in the mountains lying low for now.

Where do you think they are?
I think a plane trip is out of the question. Even if they managed to hop a plane with fake ID someone on that plane would remember them. He's simply too tall to not have attracted notice in his tiny little airplane seat. Passengers would remember. Cabin attendants would remember. Once the news of this escape hit the national media everyone on that plane would have called it in. Same with a bus. Or a train. Or a boat. A rest area. A gas station. He's just too noticeable to have been in public for more than the minute it took to swap cars.

I don't think they went far. It's just a logistical nightmare to move a far distance without attracting any attention whatsoever. Especially when the USMS, FBI, ATF and Secret Service are looking for you. Not to mention an entire nation of ordinary citizens. Wherever they are I think they are stuck there for the next little while. A month or two at least while this dies down. jmo

Mexico might not extradite him but they could her as she isn't facing a death penalty.

What about a private flight from a small airport arranged in another name before she picked him up?
Good point. She could be for sure. And they would extradite him too potentially if the US took the death penalty off the table.

A private flight is an option, but it’d almost have to be someone who was willing to criminally move them. Otherwise, there would still be passenger logs and regulations that would turn them up…or someone to remember them.

Last edited:
I think a plane trip is out of the question. Even if they managed to hop a plane with fake ID someone on that plane would remember them. He's simply too tall to not have attracted notice in his tiny little airplane seat. Passengers would remember. Cabin attendants would remember. Once the news of this escape hit the national media everyone on that plane would have called it in. Same with a bus. Or a train. Or a boat. A rest area. A gas station. He's just too noticeable to have been in public for more than the minute it took to swap cars.

I don't think they went far. It's just a logistical nightmare to move a far distance without attracting any attention whatsoever. Especially when the USMS, FBI, ATF and Secret Service are looking for you. Not to mention an entire nation of ordinary citizens. Wherever they are I think they are stuck there for the next little while. A month or two at least while this dies down. jmo
Agree on all counts. A large vehicle that keeps him out of view works best. RV or trailer maybe.

I wonder whether the County can actually hold up her pension because she's wanted. I mean, if she was already receiving it and then committed a crime, the pension wouldn't be revoked (IMO) until after conviction, if then.

I expect they can say you don't get your retirement until you apply properly, following all procedures including the meeting w the personnel dept, but withholding an earned pension seems like it would be legally difficult.

Also, in a few (8ish) years she will be eligible for Social Security. And while I assume (I'm still a few years from that myself) that one needs to initially apply in person, once it's set up, direct deposits going straight into a bank account, one can spend that money via online purchases (a la Amazon) or apps, so that withdrawals at physical bank branches aren't needed and thus can't be traced geographically. At least that seems possible to me.

Not suggesting this will last 8 years, just trying to look at it from her perspective if she was planning it out. MOO

Well, the issuance of a warrant for Vicky makes me think she was a totally willing participant, or at least that those investigating this seem to think so.

He was incarcerated for murder, not for skipping church on Sunday. She has put the public in danger. No sympathy from me if this was for love and she was foolish enough, after 25 years of work experience around convicts, to have fallen for a total and complete dangerous loser / murderer at her workplace.

I don't hope she's dead in a field or anything, but if her 95k from her house sale got taken and she got ditched and is alone, laying low, jilted and broken hearted, I still wouldn't be able to conjure up much sympathy for her.

I wonder whether the County can actually hold up her pension because she's wanted. I mean, if she was already receiving it and then committed a crime, the pension wouldn't be revoked (IMO) until after conviction, if then.

I expect they can say you don't get your retirement until you apply properly, following all procedures including the meeting w the personnel dept, but withholding an earned pension seems like it would be legally difficult.

Also, in a few (8ish) years she will be eligible for Social Security. And while I assume (I'm still a few years from that myself) that one needs to initially apply in person, once it's set up, direct deposits going straight into a bank account, one can spend that money via online purchases (a la Amazon) or apps, so that withdrawals at physical bank branches aren't needed and thus can't be traced geographically. At least that seems possible to me.

Not suggesting this will last 8 years, just trying to look at it from her perspective if she was planning it out. MOO

A few people posted about this a ways back, and they linked to the law about this in Alabama, and it sounded like they would legally end her pension due to her actions. If she had been able to make it look like she was kidnapped and later killed, then it would’ve prob gone to any beneficiary.

A few people posted about this a ways back, and they linked to the law about this in Alabama, and it sounded like they would legally end her pension due to her actions. If she had been able to make it look like she was kidnapped and later killed, then it would’ve prob gone to any beneficiary.
Not to belabor this, but unless we're talking about an IRA or 401k type account, I don't understand the concept of a pension even having a beneficiary -- I mean, if the pension doesn't stop at the death of the recipient, when would it stop? I thought the whole concept of a pension is " we keep paying you [part of your salary] from when you retire until you die." If it continues afterward, where does it stop?

(sorry for digression, but since we're in between active news on this case...)

Well, the issuance of a warrant for Vicky makes me think she was a totally willing participant, or at least that those investigating this seem to think so.

He was incarcerated for murder, not for skipping church on Sunday. She has put the public in danger. No sympathy from me if this was for love and she was foolish enough, after 25 years of work experience around convicts, to have fallen for a total and complete dangerous loser / murderer at her workplace.

I don't hope she's dead in a field or anything, but if her 95k from her house sale got taken and she got ditched and is alone, laying low, jilted and broken hearted, I still wouldn't be able to conjure up much sympathy for her.

I highly doubt CW would ditch VW. She is his only asset right now––as long as he is with her, he can use her as a pawn if authorities begin to close in on them. Without her, he has no leverage whatsoever and based on his past criminal history, I think he is smart enough to realize that. MOO.

Not to belabor this, but unless we're talking about an IRA or 401k type account, I don't understand the concept of a pension even having a beneficiary -- I mean, if the pension doesn't stop at the death of the recipient, when would it stop? I thought the whole concept of a pension is " we keep paying you [part of your salary] from when you retire until you die." If it continues afterward, where does it stop?

I'm sure all plans differ, but in general a beneficiary can be designated for a pension (think husband/wife - he dies, she at least inherits what would have been his so she doesn't die broke). But I don't think you can then name a beneficiary beyond that. That is, the wife in example above, while collecting, couldn't then name someone else as her beneficiary toward those funds.

My husband has a government pension and I am his beneficiary who could draw from it if he died.

Many pensions allow you to select a reduced benefit now in exchange for a benefit for a survivor later (like a spouse or child). The survivor's benefit almost always has a defined time horizon, like 10 years for example.

I think the important point is that she was (MOO) obviously putting her affairs in order as part of an overall plan. It may take some time for LE to catch up, she seems to have been thinking about this a long time.

Jesse Matthews, an enormous bulky guy with deadlocks, very recognizable, wasn't found until a couple of weeks after the Virginia murder of Hannah Graham.
Only found because a random woman recognized him on an isolated beach in Texas. He wasn't even a bright man, but nearly made it to Mexico.

If there is another accomplice, they may have known that they would have a few hours lead time before anyone would raise the alarm. I think their smartest move would have been to head straight to the border and walk across in an unpopulated area. Or head for the beach and go somewhere by boat. Better to get far away, fast than try to hide out. MOO

Many pensions allow you to select a reduced benefit now in exchange for a benefit for a survivor later (like a spouse or child). The survivor's benefit almost always has a defined time horizon, like 10 years for example.

my DH is retired from the state of AL. When he retired, he chose a reduced amount so that I could continue to draw his pension if he dies before me. It will be for the rest of my life.

If there is another accomplice, they may have known that they would have a few hours lead time before anyone would raise the alarm. I think their smartest move would have been to head straight to the border and walk across in an unpopulated area. Or head for the beach and go somewhere by boat. Better to get far away, fast than try to hide out. MOO
A lot of cash and a boat a short drive away and you could be gone in a few hours.

His white supremacist tattoos make me think maybe they headed out to some sort of enclave that might not necessarily welcome them, but would accept them and shelter them. I've tried to give Vicki the benefit of the doubt but I think for whatever reason, she was all in. Actively participating and making it happen.

I'd love to be wrong, and all MOO.

Some random thoughts…

is CW 6’5” or 6’9”? I’ve seen both. And I don’t agree with all the speculation that 6’5” 252lbs is “huge.” It’s pretty proportional and draws less attention than you’d think. My husband is 6’6” 260lbs and yes he occasionally gets tall comments. But he’s not huge and isn’t a walking circus freak. He doesn’t stand out nearly as much as has been commented here. If he’s seated, you can’t tell his height. Unless he’s standing next to someone, you can’t tell his height. Just my experience.

the retirement timeline does not make sense to me. She put in her paperwork on Tuesday and Friday was to be her last day? Doesn’t it take weeks to get things set up? Bank info, health insurance changes, personnel file, verifying all her employment history. PLUS collecting her keys, passwords, computer, weapons, vehicle, etc. ANDPLUSALSO training her replacement, switching over her work responsibilities to the next person, closing out her files, etc. no one leaves the day after they announce their intention to retire. Something is wonky with that.

I don’t know the real estate market there, but many places are highly inflated right now. Selling below market value is pretty uncommon. Did she say why she was in such a hurry to sell that she was willing to lose out on thousands?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member