VA - Johnny Depp's defamation case against ex Amber Heard, who countersued #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
New PR effects, I assume...

yup. That’s clearly been the advice of someone new - namely the PR guy who just came aboard, I should think - that Elaine et al should shout and make a strident fuss, on the ‘hopefully jurors will think where there’s smoke, there’s fire’. I’m sure they were told ‘you’re too passive.’

I suspect we will see more of that (fake, real or whatever) weeping in the near future, now.

ETA: Today was the first morning I've seen AH hug attorney EB. Maybe it happened before and I just missed it.

Last edited:
Today while watching the trial feed, I was able to spot AH's new PR dude Sean sitting in the gallery. He had a second row aisle seat behind AH's team. His eyes were fully engaged studying JD's team and JD. The eyes rarely moved off them, from the few times I was able to see this view. He is on a mission...... IMO

Johnny Depp's agent has testified that his ex-wife's 2018 op-ed piece in The Washington Post describing herself as a victim of domestic abuse was “catastrophic” to his career and coincided with the loss of a US$23 ($32m) million deal for a “Pirates of the Caribbean” sequel.
Amber Heard's lawyers pushed back aggressively against the agent's assertion on cross-examination, suggesting that the article was inconsequential amid a stream of bad publicity for Depp brought on by his own bad behaviour.
Depp 'lost $32m Pirates of the Caribbean deal' after Heard op-ed

@shotgun09 agreed. I will be curious to see how much coaching he attempts to give the legal team and how well that goes over. I suspect his presence in the courtroom will cause conflict between AH and legal team at some point. What is good for her PR wise might not be what is best for her from case standpoint.

witness is basically being asked to read articles and testify that he recalls those articles and their content.

Witness says well I can read what you are showing me (shrug) but doesn't really know what counsel is trying to get at.

Hint - nothing - that is what she is trying to get from him. She is simply doing the same thing as her team did with another witness last week, read headlines used during the UK trial and try to impress the jury with the fact that AH won that round.

I am ready for lunch break but don't want to miss redirect. sigh.

yeah, it does seem a little unfair to say they can relitigate the UK case, lol…

Today while watching the trial feed, I was able to spot AH's new PR dude Sean sitting in the gallery. He had a second row aisle seat behind AH's team. His eyes were fully engaged studying JD's team and JD. The eyes rarely moved off them, from the few times I was able to see this view. He is on a mission...... IMO

I also noticed the pool camera person with his huge telephoto jumping to sit in the front row behind Amber, clearly hoping to get another picture of her making angry face at the legal team like the one that appeared in the ‘changing PR firms’ article… a mission of a different kind.

yup. That’s clearly been the advice of someone new - namely the PR guy who just came aboard, I should think - that Elaine et al should shout and make a strident fuss, on the ‘hopefully jurors will think where there’s smoke, there’s fire’. I’m sure they were told ‘you’re too passive.’
When you have a client that has shown to be sometimes overly aggressive (as in those recorded calls), having your representation do the same is not a good look, it can backfire.

When you have a client that has shown to be sometimes overly aggressive (as in those recorded calls), having your representation do the same is not a good look, it can backfire.

I've heard a Fairfax attorney state EB's "style" of being aggressive is acceptable and often seen as favorable in that area of the country. (But, I have no facts/links to back this up so it could be a false thought on the part of the Fairfax attorney).

I've heard a Fairfax attorney state EB's "style" of being aggressive is acceptable and often seen as favorable in that area of the country. (But, I have no facts/links to back this up so it could be a false thought on the part of the Fairfax attorney).
Just don’t know how that would go over with this young jury that probably has no prior courtroom experience.

From the very first witness presented , EB has badgered them about makeup. These young ( mostly male) jurors are more than likely to be extremely bothered by her and her rough assertive manner. Who knows, maybe Super saver PR man Sean had a talk with Elaine. Will she soften up? Will she drop the make-up defense? LOL

Just don’t know how that would go over with this young jury that probably has no prior courtroom experience.

I agree with you. :)

It's simply that his comment keeps lingering in my mind. However, it doesn't take much for me to worry about the results of jury trials. I do a lot of hand-wringing even when I've watched a perfect slam-dunk case. It's a truly bad habit of mine (stemmed from having served as a juror on several cases). :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member